✓ TWENTY SIX.

chapter twenty six
"yucatan"

chapter twenty six"yucatan"

      "WHAT THE FUCK."

      LYNN NARROWED her blue eyes bitterly at her two best friends, JJ and John B, currently (for some reason) sneakily hiding behind a canoe. She was relieved to see John B was alive and breathing, but was generally curious where he had disappeared to for almost two days. Her eyes shifted a bit when she recognized the bruise marks that were fresh on JJ's right cheek though — almost wanting to bring it up, but not in front of John B.

      "Sh!" JJ warned, raising a finger to his mouth to signal to the girl to be quiet. She let out a quick scoff, and was ready to snap about the fact JJ doesn't get to boss her around, but was interrupted as he tugged her behind the canoe alongside both of the boys.

       JJ was silently studying the girls face, where she had a busted lip, and bruises scattered among her face. He knew she got hit during the fight with the Kooks, but it didn't look nearly as bad as it looked now. It was almost like she had been beaten more recently.

      "God, when was the last time either of you showered?" Lynn groaned, cringing up her face disgustingly at the wave of their god awful scents hit her nose — not even JJ could pull off the sweaty dirt.

      "Look! They're watching us," JJ explained, completely ignoring the girls last comment. He pointed towards a grey car sitting on top of the hill in front of the Chateau, and her lips formed an O. "Let's go sneak around to the dock."

      The three teenagers then headed off towards the direction of the boat, however directly getting on the dock would give them away to whatever car was up there. So, they followed JJ into the swampy water.

      Lynn scrunched her nose up, not wanting to get into the dirty water because one, she had just put on clean clothes, and two, she really didn't feel like getting bit by an alligator. Even against everything telling her not too, the boys jumped right into the water with their bags on top of their heads. And Lynn didn't want to be the only one who didn't have the balls to get across.

       "You got the keys to the Pogue?" JJ glanced over his shoulder to look at John B, and Lynn was right about to complain if he had managed to actually forget them.

       John B nodded simply, "Yeah."

      Lynn exaggeratedly let out a massive sigh as she climbed onto the Pogue, and she just laid there on her back for a moment. Her entire body was soaked, which she usually enjoys, but not when clothing is sticking to her skin and she had to deal with it. She stared up at the sky, scattered clouds flooding the bright blue skies — and was seriously questioning what the hell she was doing with her life.