✓ EIGHT.

chapter eight
"favorite rooster"

      "YOU GUYS ARE ACTUAL IDIOTS

      "YOU GUYS ARE ACTUAL IDIOTS."

      Lynn glared harshly at both JJ and John B as the blonde boy explained the wild story of the two of them traveling to Mrs. Lana's house only to find the two guys that tried to kill them earlier in the week. Apparently they had roughed up the woman, and found her sobbing on the ground of the bathroom.

      "Look at this shit!" JJ exclaimed dramatically, and then skipped over to where Pope and Lynn were sitting on the green couch and Kie directly across from them in a chair. John B seemed to be drifting off, staring off into the distance as he leaned against the deck fence. JJ rubbed his sandy hair, and immediately sparkles of seemingly looked like paint chips were falling from his hair.

      "JJ, gross," Lynn groaned, teasingly pushing the boy away as he returned to his straightened back position. His now ruffled up hair made him look even sexier, but she was pushing those feelings deep down.

      "That's paint!" JJ explained, his slender index finger pointed at his one head. "At that point, I was just, like, waiting for death."

      "Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asked, rubbing his temples as he was clearly frustrated. He's the golden boy, he's got basically the most to lose out of all of them.

      "Yeah," JJ confirmed.

      "Did you get a good description of them? What they look like? Anything we can bring to a police report?" Pope then questioned again, perking his eyebrow up towards the blonde.

      "Burly."

      "Dear God," Lynn grumbled, dropping her head in her hands. She certainly didn't want to die, what exactly is she doing with her future? Probably not much, but still, she didn't want to die.

      "Burly?" Pope repeated, and he clearly thought JJ's response was just as ridiculous as the rest of them.

      "Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dads garage," JJ corrected, pointing a direct finger at Pope. "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers."

      The group all mutters some things at once, not really clear who was talking to who, then JJ continued onwards.

      "These boys, these killers..." JJ drifted off for a moment while he pulled out his vape from his pocket, and inhaled a bit of the smoke only to exhale it a second later. Lynn reached forward for the vape to hit it herself, but JJ had just pulled it out of her reach with a warning look. "They're square groupers."