✓ THIRTY.

chapter thirty
"powerpuff girls"

a/n: special thank you for all the love and support this book is receiving! im almost done with episode five, so we're roughly halfway through the book😅

      "I'M WONDERING IF YOU COULD get me a mai tai, my friend."

      Lynn's previous joyfulness about the two blondes finally admitting their feelings for each other was short-lived. She narrowed her eyes suspiciously at Rafe Cameron, and was already gritting her teeth in hopes of it holding her tongue back.

      JJ had protectively stepped in front of Lynn the second Rafe and the fellow Kooks had flooded their area. His eyes were glaring like slits, but it was mostly directed at the dark blonde.

      "Yeah, Pogue, how about you make that two?" Kelce added, and a smirk riddled his face while he checked Lynn's entire outfit out, head to toe.

      She wanted to just immediately spit in his face, but knew she needed to act on her best behavior — the Carrera family brought her here by their side, and the last thing she wanted to do was embarrass them.

      "Yeah, well, I'm on the clock right now, you guys look spiffy," JJ responded casually, but you could tell his voice was slick with sarcasm. "Y'know, uh, I got a couple of orders ahead of you, so why don't you guys just go ahead and wait by the bar? Until then, help yourselves to hors d'oeuvres."

      "Guys, JJ's gonna serve us some hors d'oeuvres. Right?" Rafe smiled, switching between the two blondes. His eyes seemed to linger on the female blonde, sparkling with interest.

      "Well, uh, here are the hors d'oeuvres. I'll be right back, okay?"

      JJ gripped onto Lynn's left hand tightly, and she knew that it was a signal to get ready to run. JJ slowly backed up from the growing crowd of Kooks, tugging Lynn with him, and as soon as they opened the glass door — they darted with a certain speed.

      JJ's fingertips stayed intertwined with Lynn's as they slipped through the crowd with an undetectable snake-like action. They made sure the beautiful girl in the dress and small heels could keep up with him, although she did seem to be slowing them down a bit without trying.

      "This is why I've never worn heels once in my life!" Lynn groaned while tossing her arms into the air aimlessly, struggling to keep up the fast pace JJ had, so he tired down a bit. He glanced over their shoulders, and mentally swore as the Kooks were surely catching up to them.