✓ THIRTY FOUR.

chapter thirty four
"crain house"

      "OKAY, SO THE ROAD SHOULD split up here

      "OKAY, SO THE ROAD SHOULD split up here."

      Lynn was in a distracted gaze out the window down the gravel road, trying to identify where Pope was pointing too. But then as John B swung the steering wheel to turn the corner awfully fast that he was just about to miss, JJ's body slammed her own against the window.

      "John B! Learn how to drive!" Lynn hissed, rubbing where her forehead came in contact with the glass window. She felt like she was on a school bus all over again. JJ repeatedly apologized, but the girl waved him off, saying it wasn't his fault.

     "I do know how to drive actually, Lynn," John B countered in the rear view mirror, and Lynn only gave him a harsh glare, scrunched nose too. "Unlike you."

      "I drive perfectly fine," Lynn stated, puffing out her chest dramatically and a bit proudly. Then, the car riddled with different times Lynn nearly killed them, and that's why she's not allowed to drive anymore. "I didn't say I was perfect!"

      "Wait!" Pope echoed out, and the previously lighthearted and playful matter of the teenage Pogues began to fade as John B pressed on the brakes, they made a squealing noise as they typically did. "This is it."

      The kids started to pour out of the rusted van one by one, their eyes at first landing on the old stone wall before glancing up to the creepy looking old house. Anyone who was in OBX for long enough would've heard about the million different stories of the Crain house.

      "Not the Crain house."

      "Are you kidding me?" Kie groaned immaturely, walking up to the grass steps with a shocked expression on her face.

      Lynn let out a dramatic whine as she knew John B wasn't going to give it up, which mean they were going to have to face their fears, "This is such our luck."

      "Worst-case scenario," JJ added, drudging up to stand beside Lynn. He tucked his hand neatly into the back left jean pocket of her pants, tugging her body even closer.

      "Why'd it have to be here...of all places?"

of all places?"