44

chapter forty four
"i have a family"

trigger warning: there will be abuse in this chapter. if you don't feel comfortable, go ahead and skip the chapter <3

———

"JOHN B JUST WANTED TO show off how big of a dick he 'has' in front of Sarah."

Lynn nervously let out a chuckle as she glanced back up to JJ, who was walking beside her on the sidewalk. They were walking to Lynn's fathers house, giving him the portion of the money from Barry the Drug Dealer's stash. They agreed to split it, to start paying off their debts of restitution.

JJ didn't seem amused though, because he left his hands buried in his pockets while staring at the ground underneath his feet. Lynn swallowed a bit awkwardly, and started to nibble on her bottom lip.

"J? I'm sorry they're being assholes," Lynn stated softly, and slowly JJ glanced over his shoulder to look at her. She gave him a small smile, and just seeing it made JJ's mood lift ten folds, but he just didn't show it.

"It's okay," JJ mumbled, and Lynn tightly took ahold of his hand to bring him to a stop.

"It's not okay," Lynn shook her head while pursing her lips, and she stared up towards JJ's blue eyes. "I love you, J."

JJ pulled the girl closer to his body by snaking an arm around her waist, and their lips interlocked for a kiss. It was more needy than usual, like they had to feel the touch of each other or else they were going to go insane in that very moment.

"I love you, Eve," JJ smiled towards his girl, and she grinned knowing JJ was in a better mood now.

But that grin slowly wiped off her face as she spotted her fathers house off in the distance, and JJ could tell just how much nervousness was starting to settle in.

"I'll go in with you," JJ stated, and together, while their hands were intertwined, they slowly started making their way towards the house.

"No, it's okay," Lynn quickly waved off, and she gazed up to JJ's blue eyes again. "I'm just gonna drop the money off and then we can go to your dads, okay?"

"Why can't I go inside with you?"

Lynn began to nibble at her lip again, thinking it was probably bleeding at how much she had been biting at it all day.

"He'll just pick a pointless fight with you, it's better if you just wait outside," Lynn explained, shrugging her shoulders softly, not really knowing the best way to say 'oh, yeah, I don't want you going inside with me because then you might see my father actually beat my ass. And boom, there goes the secret I'd been keeping for seven years.'

"Are you sure?"

"Completely," Lynn confirmed, and she quickly pecked the boys cheek, turning on her heel towards the broken home of her fathers.

She sucked in a deep breath, knowing he was here because his ragged jeep was in the driveway. She swallowed any anxiety she had, knowing she needed to make this trip short so her father would have an excuse to really start a fight.

She jumped up the stairs and slowly peeled open the front door, she snaked her frail body into the house. She got one last glance at JJ as she did so, and he was giving her a supportive smile.