54

chapter fifty four
"at the dump!"

———

"POPE, CAN YOU ACT NORMAL?"

Lynn narrowed her eyebrows at how panicked Pope looked while he was mumbling some words under his breath.

JJ and Lynn had their bodies pressed against each other, since John B whine about how his back hurt and wanted to put the seat all the way down, leaving them to split one seat. The crew was at the Kildare Ferry, waiting for Pope since he was scoping the place out to make sure they were good to go.

"So, um...so, bad news," Pope explained, and then he handed off a piece of paper to Kie, who was sitting in the passengers side. "The ferry closed, and there is this."

Lynn peered over the seat curiously, but the angle Kie was holding it at made it hard to read. But, she noticed there was a picture of John B on it.

"What is that? What is this?" John B asked quickly, not making much of an effort to see the piece of paper like the rest.

"Shit."

Kie then handed the paper off to the back row, Lynn grabbing it first while scanning the words quickly. She then passed it off to JJ, who did the same thing she did.

"Well, John B, uh...this is a good framer of you," JJ stated, and he handed off the paper lastly to John B.

"At least we're know how much you're worth," Lynn joked, but after earning a deadpan stare from John B, she only shrugged her shoulders. "Man, I'm jealous, one of the things on my bucketlist was to be on a wanted poster."

"You have a bucketlist?" JJ questioned, and after earning weird looks from everyone in the car.

"I thought everyone did.?"

Lynn looked at her friends with a bit of surprise, especially towards Kie since she seemed like the type of person to have one.

"Okay, well, ignoring that," Pope said after a moment of silence. "So the whole islands lookin' out for John B right now."

"That's a lot of money," Kie added, and she glanced backwards to him with certain written in her eyes.

"Congratulations, John B, you're famous," JJ smiled towards John B, who only snatched the paper back out of JJ's hand.

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS," Kie explained, and she sounded like she was about to start rambling. "We need small, no running lights—"

"—It's at the Chateau, Kie."

Lynn glanced out the window, her eyes falling on the many people that were walking about. She didn't feel good. She felt like they were right out in the middle of an open water, with sharks surrounding them quickly.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out, let me think," JJ commented, and then fake pondered for a second before continuing. "Oh, yeah, no. They definitely have the place locked down."

"Yeah, copy that."

"Let me think, just give me a second," Pope waved his hand towards Kie, maybe asking for her to quiet down her snarky comments. "JJ."

"What?" JJ asked, and he sounded a bit annoyed. So Lynn reached her hand forward to place it on his thigh, giving him a tight squeeze while smiling at him.

"Does your dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom," Pope pointed towards the blondes, where Lynn was practically sitting on JJ lap to make room. "The one he used to race."