✓ THIRTY NINE.

chapter thirty nine
"be safe"

chapter thirty nine"be safe"

      "UH-OH. YOU FORGET YOUR KEYS or something?"

      The three teenage girls consisting of Lynn, Sarah, and Kie all shared fits of laughter together as they saw the boys from previous day heading towards them in the Pogue. It had just broken sunlight, around seven am, and the girls all made sandwiches for breakfast, while casually throwing the extra cheese at each other. It was a good thing to wake up to, Lynn thought to herself.

      They were all sitting on the railing on the boat, their feet dangling as they waited for the boys to get close enough. The wind felt amazing on Lynn's bare skin, only wearing her swimsuit currently.

      "Don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked," Kie stated with a soft tone towards Sarah, and both of the girls bobbed their heads up and down.

      "Absolutely not," Sarah smiled mischievously, and Lynn nodded alongside her with a smirk.

      "You gotta admit it was funny."

      Lynn, Sarah, and Kie all deadpanned at the rest of the crew as they neared them. JJ sent Lynn a wide grin, but she only scoffed and turned her head to the side dramatically. The smile drifted immediately, and JJ's face was suddenly filled with dread, she wasn't actually angry with him, right?

      "John B?" Kie questioned, and John B raised his head as he waited for her to continue her statement. "Mastermind, huh?"

      "I'm always plannin'," John B replied, and although they couldn't see his eyes due to the sunglasses he was wearing, they all knew he had rolled them.

      "Some patriarchal bullshit," Kie grumbled under her breath, and she got up from her spot on the side of the boat as she caught the rope from JJ to connect the two boats.

      "Yeah, that's sucked."

       "I wanted to throw both of them overboard," Lynn added, letting out a huff of air while she crossed her arms over her chest. She pinched her fingers together with just a little bit of space between them. "I was this close to it, really."

      JJ smirked towards his girl, being able to identify her actual angry tone of voice from her playful one, "You still love us though, right?"

      JJ's eyes floated towards Lynn with a little sparkle in them, and she couldn't help but smile at him. She had to decline all feelings telling her to jump envelope the blonde into a hug and peck his lips, so the smile was just enough.