57

chapter fifty seven
"home sweet home"

trigger warning: there will be brief mentions of abuse in this chapter. if you don't feel comfortable, go ahead and skip the chapter <3

———

"HOME SWEET HOME."

LYNN FROWNED as she heard the way JJ's voice broke as she started onto his fathers house. He dropped his gaze quickly, and then nervously starting tapping his finger on the skin of his thigh.

She placed a hand on top of the worried ticking one, and JJ gazed up to make eye contact with his girlfriend.

"You can do this, J," Lynn smiled proudly, and she leaned forward to place a soft comforting kiss on his cheek. "I know you can."

JJ nodded quickly, swallowing whatever nerves he had as his adam's apple bobbed. He swung open the car door, hopping out only a second afterwards. He stared at the quiet, empty looking house with his sad eyes.

Just as he was about to make the first step towards it, he was interrupted as fingers intertwined with his. He confusingly glanced down to his hand, and then back up at who it was.

Of course it was none other than Lynn.

"What are you doing?"

"You really thought I would let you do this alone?" Lynn questioned, a small smile taking over her lips as she let out a chuckle. "You won't ever have to face him alone, not ever again."

As much as JJ wanted to fight the fact that Lynn was insisting on coming into the house with him, he knew there was no stopping the determined blonde was her mind was set on something. Plus, he didn't want to be alone while facing it.

"I love you," JJ stated, flashing the girl a sympathetic expression as he felt the emotion swelling in his heart.

"I love you, J."

And together, hand in hand, the two carefully made their way into the house. Lynn wasn't surprised it looked nearly as messy as her own fathers place, mostly because they were both abusive alcoholics, so there wasn't much of a difference between them.

"Dad?" JJ called out, his hand leaving Lynn's for a moment to turn the corner first, mostly because if his dad came swinging; he needed to make sure he was there to receive the blow and not Lynn.

As the two blondes turned the corner, they saw JJ's dad stretched across the couch, completely passed out while snoring slightly. They both seemed to be relieved at the fact he wasn't a pissed off drunk at the moment.

"Dad, I need the keys to the Phantom," JJ spoke up, swallowing quickly while walking over to the couch.

As he did so, he signaled towards Lynn to not follow him, and reluctantly, she stayed in her spot by the doorframe to the kitchen. But, she was preparing herself just in case he woke and wanted to start a fight.

"Dad?" JJ questioned the slumbering man, and it was taking everything inside Lynn not to hold onto the emotional JJ.

Lynn knitted her eyebrows as JJ's hand reached down towards something on the table, and his fingers traced along an orange pill bottle. Lynn shrugged her shoulders towards JJ, basically asking what it was, and he popped his jaw off to the side while blinking a few times.