✓ SEVEN.

chapter seven
"it's a joke"

      "I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BOAT BEFORE in my life

      "I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT BOAT BEFORE in my life."

      The crew were all staring at the white boat in the distance, that seemed to be speeding up by the second. Lynn swallowed harshly, and then looked to JJ who was to the right of her, and he looked equally as worried.

      "What are they doing here? The marsh is closed," mumbled John B, and a shiver crawled down Lynn's spine in a split panic.

      "I don't know, let's not stick around and find out," JJ commented, stuffing the black bag into a small compartment near the front of the boat.

      "I agree, let's blow this joint," Lynn nodded, realizing she was still in her green swim suit. She began digging around for her shirt, but for some reason, it was no where to be seen.

      Just as soon as she opened her mouth to say something about the missing clothing, JJ handed her his grey top. He had taken it off earlier, just as the police were arriving. Lynn searched his eyes to make sure she could actually take it, and when he nodded and shoved the shirt forward again, she took it softly. "Thanks."

      "Can't let those guys see your ass, can we?" JJ chucked, sending a quick smirk to her before he started to turn his attention to John B, who had barked an order at him to get the bowline.

      Lynn quickly shrugged on the shirt, taking in JJ's familiar scent as she took in a deep breath. When she saw him struggling from pulling the bowline in, she stood up beside him to help him out, and they both started tugging on it.

      "Guys, guys, don't wait for us, go," JJ insisted, and Lynn looked past Pope to see John B start steering the boat back towards where the dock is.

      "I don't like this," John B stated, and Lynn verbally agreed with him aloud. They were watching as the boat was getting closer and closer by the second, and their eyes didn't dare leave it.

      "Are they coming for us?"

      "Maybe they're fishing," Pope suggested, and Lynn let out a quick scoff as it definitely looked like the two men were heading straight for them, and she didn't spot any fishing poles on their boat.

     "Go, go, go!" JJ signaled John B, who then started taking off down a smaller part of the marsh that was pretty skinny, enough for only a boat to squeeze through.

      "I'm going, act natural!"

      "I'll act natural when these guys stop speeding after us," Lynn grumbled more so under her breath, moving from the front of the boat towards the back. She leaned on the ladder for support, and squinted her eyes in hopes she could get a better vision on the men, but it didn't seem to help.