bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ผrty
forty-one
forty-two
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ผrty-four
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…
act two
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜†-๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…๐˜๐˜†-๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐˜„๐—ผ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐˜๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ถ๐˜…
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜
๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐˜†-๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜†
๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ต๐˜๐˜†-๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

twelve

85.6K 3K 4.7K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
twelve

CASSIOPEIA BLACK LET OUT A laugh as she danced with Peter, swaying slightly to the beat of the music that was still booming from the record player.

Peter was staring at the girl, a large yet sheepish grin on his face, Cassie was one of the first girls who actually wanted talk to him in Hogwarts, and he was happy that he was getting to know Sirius' sister more.

Sirius and James were watching from the side of the dance-floor, the black-haired boy, who was now rather tipsy, was staring daggers at his best friend, while James just chuckled at the three, shaking his head.

Sadly, he was the designated host that night, meaning that he wasn't allowed to have a drink, and that was something the boy absolutely hated that, but he put up with it so his friends could have one.

"He's like, four centimetres too close to her." Sirius spoke up, still glaring at Peter.

"I should go and tell him," he said again, going to take a step towards the two, only to have James pull his arm back stopping him from taking another step forwards.

"Leave her be." James said, still chuckling slightly. Sirius humphed, and now glared at James, his vision slightly blurred, but he just shook it off.

"She is having fun, you should be happy for her." Sirius nodded, sighing as he did.

"Yes," he whined.

"But he's still too close to her."

Cassie was now swaying even more, the necklace that Sirius had just given her bouncing on her chest, her bun moving around on her head, her skirt still slowly rising up her leg.

James eyes widened slightly, and he let go of the other boys arm and walked over to where Cassie was standing.

He pushed Peter out of the way, apologising over his shoulder as he did. Cassie knit her eyebrows together, looking up at James as she only just reached his chin.

"What is Salazars name are you doing?" Cassie hissed at the boy, who didn't say anything as he leant forwards, his breath hot on Cassie's ear.

"You have another bruise." Was all he whispered before he quickly pulled away, not giving her another glance as he walked away.

Cassies eyes widened as she pulled her skirt down, this time ensuring that it was covering the dark blue and yellow bruise that was on her thigh, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Before opening them and looking to where Sirius was standing and caught James's eye, she mouthed a "thank you," to him and he nodded.

She watched as James pushed his glasses up his nose, turning back to Sirius, who was now glaring at him.

James chuckled yet again and wrapped his arm around Sirius neck.

"Let's get you another drink."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"My head is banging." Cassie spoke, resting her head on the Slytherin table, a bowl of Cheeri-Owls beside her, the milk already making the cereal to go soft. Nova chuckled as she shook her head.

"You shouldn't have drank, you knew we had lessons today."

"I don't have the mental ability to deal with your lectures right now." Cassie said as she let out another groan, looking up at the blonde besides her.

"Where were you last night anyway?" She asked, a frown on her face as she reached for a bread roll.

Nova smiled, placing her toast down and picking up her goblet of Pumpkin juice and holding it, ready to take a sip.

"I was talking to Lupin all night,"

Cassie let out an "Ooh la la," and then giggled as Nova rolled her eyes, threatening to spill her juice all over her best friends hair.

"Not like that," Nova spoke in a hushed tone, taking a few mouthfuls of her drink.

"He was really nice, talking me after you left me all alone." Cassie then sat up, placing her bread roll in her mouth as she raised her hands in mock surrender.

"Okay, what did you talk about?" Cassie continued to pry, taking a few more bites out of het bread roll, then picking up her spoon for her cereal.

"Just this and that, especially how annoying you are." Cassie stuck out her tounge, Nova copying her actions.

"No, we talked about prefect duties," This made Cassie furrow her eyebrows.

"Why? That's so boring." She asked, her mouth full of food making scrunch up her nose slightly before shaking her head.

"He is a prefect, you know." The blonde said, giggling at Cassies suprised reaction.

"He's Gryffindors along with Lily Evan's." Cassie nodded, looking up and down the table, trying to see if she could see a prefect badge on a Slytherin student nearby.

"Who are our prefects?" She asked, placing her spoon in her now half-eaten bowl of cereal.

"Urm, I think it's Lestrange and someone who I dont know."

Cassie giggled as a single owl flew into the hall, it was her mother's owl. It landed right infront of her, standing in her cereal, however the owl didn't care enough to move.

"Oh, hello Tom." She said, and grabbed the letter that was tied around his leg, making him sqwak and try to bite her hand, but Cassie just pulled away, grabbing the letter before he could bite her.

"And you wonder why I hate you." She then muttered to the owl, even though he wouldn't understand her.

She rolled her eyes, sliding her finger under the wax seal and pulling the parchment out as Tom gave a ruffle of his feathers and flew away.

Cassie gulped slightly, frowning as she held up the envelope for her best friend to see, the Black Crest on the wax seal. Nova knew who it was from straight away, she sent a look of sympathy towards Cassie, but the girl only waved her hand.

She slowly unfolded the letter, reading her mother's scrawl with quick eyes, the frown on her growing.

Cassiopeia Estella Black,

Happy Birthday.

We will see you at Christmas, remember your father and yourself will be having very serious words when you come home.

- W.B

The dark-haired girl scrunched her nose up as she ripped the letter into two pieces, and then into four.

"She wished me a happy birthday." Cassie said bluntly, ignoring the sympatheticall look that Nova was still giving her.

"At least she wrote." The blonde said giving a small smile, but Cassie didn't return it.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

"I don't know, orange?" Cassie asked yawning slightly as Slughorn furrowed his eyebrows at the girl, frowning.

He had asked the girl to speak up in class, seeing as she looked like she was about to fall into a deep sleep at any second, however, yet again, Cassie wasn't paying any attention.

"Miss Black, you know the answer is a pink, pearlish colour." Slughorn spoke, pushing his glasses further up his nose as he did so.

"Miss Evans had just said it."

Cassie rolled her eyes, ignoring the look that the teacher was giving her.

"Miss Black, pay more attention from now on, or I will deduct house points." Cassie nodded, but she yawned again, placing her hand over her mouth to hopefully try and muffle the noise.

"Miss Black." Slughorn spoke up after a few more minutes talking about a different potion that they were going to make in the next lesson.

"What potion would I be talking about if I said that it was a dark grey and could kill us all with one drop." Cassie smiled, confidently answering.

"The Draught of Living Death." Which earned her a smile from the teacher and five points to Slytherin.

James looked surprised from across the classroom, he was rather amazed with the way that she answered the question so confidently. She had never been that confident in their tutoring sessions, she had never even answered any of the questions he asked her.

He then remembered Sirius saying something about her being good in most lessons, but the fact that she was absolutely awful at Transfiguration and couldn't do the substitute to save her life. He shook his head slightly.

James smiled as Lily answered another question right, he clapped for her, which only caused the ginger girl to shoot a glare at him, her cheeks almost becoming as red as her hair.

Cassie rolled her eyes at the boy, who caught her eye and smiled a little at her. The dark-haired girl shook her head and ignored his smile, turning her attention back to the parchment in front of her.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 119K 104
{๐—•๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐Ÿฎ} It all started with a kiss. Or better say, everything ended with a kiss. What Jenna Potter thought was going to lead her to a beautif...
125K 5.4K 62
Cassiopeia Black had never been one to follow her families beliefs, and the war was no different. Whilst her family were known supporters of Voldemo...
85.7K 2.1K 65
It's impossible for Remus Lupin to fall in love right? Wrong. So what happens when he falls in love with a beautiful girl exactly like him? They even...
20.8K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...