bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

ten

90.6K 3.2K 2.9K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
ten

NO-ONE KNEW THAT CASSIOPEIA Black cried Halloween night, and she wasn't exactly going to tell anyone.

The next day she acted as if nothing had happened, like she always did.

She also got another detention in Defence Against the Dark Arts, but if you asked the dark-haired girl, she would just say that Professor Smith has been putting her in detention ever since she had decided to hang Martin Davis in the air by his ankle.

Cassopiea and Nova were currently sitting besides the Black Lake, the two of them taking in the little sun that they had been gifted with before it disappeared for the winter.

The sun was warm on their skin, but not strong enough to make them feel it over the cold breeze that was constantly emitted from the lake.

It was currently two days before Cassie and Sirius' birthdays and the next day was a Hogsmeade day, but Cassie had another tutoring session with James, and Nova was going to get the girls present.

The two were just sitting in silence as the listened to the soft waves from the lake. They were both rather tired as they hadn't gone to bed until late the previous night, and Cassie was even more tired and she had stayed up even later.

"I wonder what they do with the leftover sweets?" Nova wondered out loud breaking the silence, Cassie looked up from where she was pulling grass out of the ground and sent the blond-haired girl a confused glance.

"They probably feed it to the portrait of the Fat Lady." Cassie replied, looking down at the small pile of grass she had picked.

"Don't want her moving too far and exploding all of our ear drums."

Nova let out a small snort, and glanced behind her at the girl, who still wasn't really paying attention to everything around her. Nova then stood up and moved so that she was besides Cassie, she then lay down on the grass, placing her head in Cassies lap as she tightened the green and black scarf that was around her neck.

"Do you think that the paintings ever go to the toilet?" Nova wondered out loud. Cassie looked down at the girl, and tilted her head to the side.

"What in Salazars name goes on in your head?" Nova let out a giggle, and shook her head. "

You can't say anything," The blonde girl replied, "You were the one who asked Potter for a spell to turn Dumbledore into a frog, so that you could force your brother to kiss him."

Cassie scrunched up her face, nodding, as she looked up from the girl and towards the lake, the sound if the soft waves still filling her ears.

"Touché, touché." Nova giggled yet again, and then shook her head.

"But honestly, do they go to the toilet?" Then it was Cassie's turn to giggle as she shook her head.

"I think that they go whenever they want and then they have to shout down to the paintings below them, 'Watch out, or you'll be in a shitty situation,' then they instantly move out of the way."

Nova snorted slightly again as she giggled.

"And you wonder what goes on in my mind."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

James drummed his quill against the desk and agaisnt his thumb, watching as Cassiopiea glared intensely at the open book in front of her, the large words of 'TRANSFIGURATION' on the top of the page.

The book was talking about the basics of Transfiguration, and Cassie had put up fight about that, wondering why she had to learn about the basics, her exact words were 'Go big or go home, am I right?' Then she raised her hand for a high-five, but James just stared at her with his eyebrows knit.

The dark-haired girl had been reading the same page for over ten minutes, however, James thought that she was actually reading the page, that was, until Cassie began to look at the book as if she was going to kill it.

James, didn't say anything though, he actually found it rather amusing. The two had been in the tutoring session for just over an hour, and they still had two to go.

James shook his head and finally spoke up.

"Do you know how to read?" He asked bluntly, then chuckled slightly as he saw Cassies response, she have him a bored expression and rolled her eyes as she looked away from the large book.

"Of course I can read." She stated, "Do you know what a hair brush is?"

James instantly responded by raising a hand to his hair and flattening it down slightly, as if he was offended by the girls words.

Cassie just smirked at the boy and shook her head, giggling as he kept flattening his hair. James the stopped touching his hair and pointed at his heart.

"That one hurt me in here, Black," Cassie raised an eyebrow as James then moved his pointed finger to his head.

"And here, it hurt my ego. Not gonna lie." Cassie then let out a soft snort.

"But honestly, you've been staring at that page for the last ten minutes, you are either a really slow reader, or you can't read."

Cassie then knit her eyebrows together as James looked from book to the girl, a large grin on his face.

"Do you want me to read it to you?" Cassie scrunched up her face and frowned at the boy.

"Did I ask for your help Potter?" James then shook his head and the dark-haired girl muttered.

"There's your answer." James nodded slightly, the his eyes widened, and he looked at Cassie with wide eyes and a smirk on his face.

"You need glasses." The boy said, and then he knew that he had gotten the correct answer as he looked at Cassies bewildered expression, which quickly turned to an annoyed one.

"No, no I don't." She replied quickly, once again sounding as if she had practiced it many times before, but unlike the other two times, James found her practiced response quiet amusing.

"Yes, yes you do." Cassie then raised an eyebrow, and quickly shook her head.

"I do not need glasses." James nodded, and grinned even more.

"You do, that is why you can't read it, you can't read without glasses." The Slytherin let out a loud groan and slammed her head agaisnt the table, then she left it and refused to look at the boy as she spoke.

"Okay, I need glasses, but only to read, and normally I wear my contact lenses, but I didn't think that we would be reading."

She muttered, and James still smiled widely, the two sat in silence for a few seconds as James stared at her.

"Do you have your glasses on you?" He asked, breaking the silence, Cassie nodded, but she didn't look up from the table.

"Of course I have my glasses," she replied, her voice slightly muffled by the table.

"I never leave the dorm without them, unless I'm going for a meal," Cassie then finally looked up from the table and at the boy, knowing what he wanted.

"No." She stated simply, as she quickly shook her head, her dark hair wipping her face as she did so.

James then raised his eyebrow and looked at the clock.

"Black, we have two more hours."
Cassie let out another groan, however this time, James didn't give a response.

"So you can ever put your glasses on and do some work, or I can watch you glare at a book for those two hours. And as amusing as that is, I dont want to do that." He said, then smirked as Cassie slumped in defeat.

The dark-haired girl then stood up, pushing her stool away from the table harshly, she reached besides her and grabbed the small bag that was sitting besides her chair.

She dug through the bag slightly, a book fell out and landed on the floor with a 'thud!' then she sat up, a pair of glasses in her hand.

The glasses had large lenses that had a black trim, the glass shon in the candlelight of the room, as well as the sunlight that climbed through the large windows of the Transfiguration classroom. They had begun the tutoring sessions in the library, however, Madam Prince had banned them after Cassie had a swearing fit when she couldn't get her spell right.

Cassien looked up at James, who was watching the girl with his eyebrows raised. The dark-haired girl groaned at the grin on his face, and slowly unfolded the arms on her glasses, then she slowly placed them on her face, her eyes closed as she put them on.

James then chuckled slightly, looking at the girl whose cheeks were puffed out as she held her breath and her eyes were closed tightly, as if she were a young toddler trying to prove a point to their parents.

"You look like a nerd." James stated bluntly, and then he chuckled as he watched the girls face slowly turn red.

However she didn't stop holding her breath, James actually became slightly worried. So he quickly leant across the table and placed his hand either side if her cheeks and squeezed
them so that she quickly spat out all of the breath she was holding.

"You are like a child." He stated, and Cassie pointed to his still messy hair.

"Says the person who doesnt know what a hairbrush is."

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 1K 41
"There is this thing about you that amazes me every time I look at you, but I just can't quite comprehend." "Maybe it is beyond your understanding." ...
53K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
49.6K 1.5K 25
|| REWRITING || Clara Potter has always been much more serious than her mischievous younger brother and his unruly band of friends. For much of their...
29.4K 941 41
"π‘π‡πˆπ€πππŽπ π‘πˆππ†π’ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ†π‡π“, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π–πŽπ”π‹πƒπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” π‹πŽπ•π„ π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...