bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

seven

98K 3.4K 5K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
seven

SIRIUS AND CASSIOPEIA BLACK WERE twins who were so similar, yet so different. They had the same eyes, hair, attitude but they were in different houses, they had different personalities and families.

Sirius had the Potters, the family of three had welcomed him with open arms when he needed them, being the family that the Blacks, apart from Cassie, couldn't be.

Cassie had the Blacks, her family didn't even look up from dinner to talk to her about her time at school. Thinking she was a disappointment, but she was also too important to the family, they could become more powerful by marrying her off.

However, Sirius and Cassie didn't care about any of that.

They knew what they wanted, and that's why they were currently sitting near the black lake, wrapped up in their different coloured scarfs and hats, talking about nothing and everything.

Sirius like to call those days 'Twin Time', causing Cassie to cringe hard at her brother. They had a bag of sweets from Honey Dukes sitting in front of them, filled to the brim with different treats that no muggle would even expect to exist. Sweets that made you roar like a lion, or your ears to steam like a kettle.

"How's your Transfiguration Tutoring coming along?" Sirius asked the dark-haired girl as she chucked another stone into the lake, watching as it splashed then sunk below the water. Cassie furrowed her eyes at her brother, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"Potter didn't tell you?"

Sirius shook his head, James had told the other Marauders that she was 'Absolutely awful at it,' and that she was 'Going to poke my eye out with that wand waving' which made Sirius chuckle and shake his head, however that was the only thing that he had told the other boys.

"He did say that you shouldn't be trusted with a wand," Sirius shrugged, laughing at Cassie's eye-roll, "But that was it." She raised her eyebrows in surprise, but shook her head slightly.

"It's alright, at least I think it's alright. But we've only had two lessons, and so far it has been what we learnt in First Year." Sirius nodded his head as he let out a small yawn.

"Boring you am I?" Cassie asked with a raised eyebrow, reaching into the bag and pulling out a box of Berti Botts Every Flavour Beans and opening it. Sirius shook his head and smiled at his sister.

"A bit, yeah." Cassie rolled her eyes again as she threw a jelly bean at him, Sirius opened his mouth and caught it, causing him to raise his eyebrows and smile widely at the girl, amazed that he had caught it.

However soon after, his face scrunched up and he spat the bean out, it was half chewed, a bite mark right through the middle. The dark-haired boy began to wipe his tongue on the yellow and red scarf around his neck, trying to rid the taste of the bean from his mouth.

"What flavour was it?" Cassie asked between laughs, giggling at her brothers actions.

"Dog food."

•••

Cassie and Nova giggled as they sat in the corner of the library, ignoring the stares and glares they got from the other students around them. Cassie was finishing the Transfiguration homework that McGonagall has given her, the final seven questions being written on a new piece of parchment.

Nova was sitting opposite her, no homework to do but being their for the emotional support that Cassiopeia needed every time she did homework.

"McGonagall is going to hate me." Nova said, as she is giggled at the drawing that Cassie had drawn in the side of her work.

"She told me to stop you, not encourage you."

Nova then let out a snort as Cassie added some horns to the drawing on her parchment.

They two were silent for a few seconds, before they both burst out into laughter, and they didn't stop until a small cough made them both stop.

They both looked up simultaneously to see Evan Rosier standing in front of them, a small smirk on his face.

"Hey Black, Goyle." He said, nodding at the two as he said their names, Cassiopeia raised her eyebrow as she looked at the boy, confused on why he was there.

"Can we help you?" She asked, pulling a face as the boy pulled a chair out from under the table and sat down besides Nova, who was staring at the older boy with dreamy eyes and slightly pink cheeks.

Cassie rolled her eyes at her friend as she turned to look at the boy once again.

"Can we help you?" Cassie repeated, raising her eyebrow again at the older boy. He smiled, looking down at Cassie, his eyes shining slightly in the light.

"You, me Hogsmeade next week." Cassie pulled a face of disgust, looking at the boy.

"I have standards." Cassie replied with a shrug of her shoulders, picking her quill up and going to write again. Rosier let out a scoff as he looked down at the girl, his eyes now reduced to slits.

"And now you can go." She finished with a wave of her hand, not giving the boy a second glance, however she did hear him mutter.

"You're going to regret this Black." As he stood up and left, Cassie then turned to look at Nova who had a large frown on her face.

"Sorry, Nova." Cassie muttered, placing her hand on the other girls arm. Nova only shook her head and looked up at the girl, a forced smile on her face.

•••

Cassie and Nova were sitting in the great hall, the hundreds of candles lit above their heads as the morning sunlight shon into the room through the large windows. Halloween was approaching rather quickly, and nearly everyone was exited for the decorations that were going to decorate the hall on the day of the Halloween.

It was currently breakfast time and the two girls had been up all the previous night as it was once again a full moon.

However it was slightly awkward because Nova had been slightly off with Cassie ever since Evan Rosier had asked her out. No matter how many times Cassiopeia had said she didn't want the boy, Nova could help but admit that it hurt her.

However she also knew it wasn't Cassie's fault, and she couldn't let a crush get in the way of her friendship.

Most people in the hall were awaiting the mail, seeing as it was a Saturday, and soon, all of the owls flew in through the open windows, some landing in front of their owners and asking for treats while others just dropped off letters, packages and left. Nova rolled her eyes as she revived a package from her mum, the smell of the woman's perfume already filling their noses before the blonde even opened the envelope.

Cassie began to eat her cereal again before a large owl landed in front of her, a red letter tied around its leg. The dark-haired girls eyes widened at the sight of the letter, and she wasn't the only one who saw it. Nova frowned at her best fried looking at the letter, the red writing almost impossible to read against the letters envelope.

"Blacks got a howler!" Someone down the table yelled, bringing everyone in the hall, even the teachers to look at her.

"Mind your own business." Cassie snapped at them, causing some of the people sitting near her to recoil slightly, however no-one else moved, all watching the girl in anticipation, waiting for her to open the letter.

Cassiopeia caught Sirius gaze who had his eyebrows furrowed at the girl in anger, however it wasn't because of her, but because of their parents. Regulus, who was sitting further down the table had his eyes wide as he looked at his sister, he hadn't told their parents anything about what she had been doing, so who had?

Cassie let out a shaky breath as she slipped her finger under the wax seal on the back of the letter, her hands shaking as it opened and turned into a mouth and her mother's screeching filled the room.

"CASSIOPEIA ESTELLA BLACK!

You cannot believe how disappointed we were when we found out that you had gotten so many detentions without even being in school for a short while!

So you definitely cannot believe how disappointed we were when we found out that you have been hanging around with those blood-traitors!"

At the mention of this Cassie rolled her eyes, no matter how scared she was, she would never judge people by their blood. She grew up listening to her parents say that, and she never wanted to be like them, so no matter what she never said those words.

"We thought that you were better than that, we thought that you knew better than that, obviously we were wrong. You and your father will be having a serious talk when you get home for Christmas break, a very serious talk!

He is extremely disappointed in you, both of us are! How are you think that you could get away with it-,"

The letter ended abruptly, confusing everyone around them, however for Cassie, she knew why. She wiped the single tear that had fallen down her face and picked up the ashes from the letter that had been dropped in front of her, she knew everyone was still watching her, she knew that if she showed any weakness, everyone would see. So she mustered up the most courage she could and yelled.

"Alright you lot, get back to your knitting."

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.2K 1.3K 64
For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent father, and the trepidation of his blush i...
10.6K 318 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
49.7K 1.5K 25
|| REWRITING || Clara Potter has always been much more serious than her mischievous younger brother and his unruly band of friends. For much of their...
863K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...