bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
two
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

three

117K 3.9K 5.1K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
three

THE NEXT MORNING, THE THOUGHT of a werewolf didn't even pass the girls mind, they had had a brilliant time that night, laughing and joking: even after their roommate, Jessica Cameon, had thrown a pillow at the two telling them to be quiet or she will hex them.

But they didn't pay any attention, Cassie also found out what a hoover was, but she still didn't really understand it.

They were both tired the next day, having fallen asleep on top of each other at stupid times in the morning, but once again they didn't care.

Cassiopeia's detention was later that day, and she was highly dreading it, being locked in a room with Sirius for an hour, wasn't something that she wanted to do, especially since her brother would only try and talk to her.

However, she had decided to push that from her mind as she walked into the Defence Against the Dark arts class, a small smile on her face as she joked around with Nova, yet again.

They had just walked passed Professor Binns, who smiled slightly at the girls, his smile leaving as Cassie asked if he had ever been inside a hoover. He pulled a face before floating into a wall.

As they sat down at one of the few free tables in the class, luckily, they didn't have this class with the Gryffindors, meaning Cassie didn't have to face her brother any sooner than she wanted to.

However hey did have this class with the Ravenclaws, and for some reason, they all hated the Slytherins. Cassie rolled her eyes as the teacher walked into the classroom, Professor Smith, he was a muggle-born man with a beard to rival Dumbledores.

"Silence please," he said with a small smile, clapping his hand together, as the class went quiet.

"Today, we are doing book, work, get them out."

At this everyone began to groan, it was their first DADA lesson of the year, and normally that lesson held something exiting for the students to do, but Professor Smith didn't want that. The Defence teacher happened to change every year, not a single one of them since before Cassie and Nova had joined staying more than one year, and normally they didn't even have an explanation, just leaving straight after the feast never to set foot in the school again.

Around half-an hour into the class, no-one was paying attention to their books, well no Slytherins were. They were all talking and laughing, messing around: and they still had no idea why the Ravenclaws hated them. The teacher had allowed talking, but light whispering, however no-one was following that rule.

"No," Nova giggled as she watched her best friend with wide eyes as she pointed her wand at Martin Davies, a Ravenclaw student, who was captain of their Quidditch team. Cassie was only nodding slightly as she muttered the spell under her breath.

"Levicorpus,"

Suddenly, Martin was no longer sitting down in his chair, and was hanging up in the air by his ankle, like a rope was holding him up in the air. His robes were hanging down above his head that held a worried expression as he floated.

Cassie, Nova and the rest of the class were laughing like mad at the boy, even his own class mates, Professor Smith was frozen in place with a large frown on his face as his eyes were large.

"M-miss B-Black," he stuttered, looking at the black-haired girl.

"L-let him d-down now," Cassie only shook her head as laughed a bit more, Martins face had now turned really red, as all the blood rushed to his head.

The teacher suddenly shook his head, frowning as he looked at the door where Professor McGonagall now stood, she had her classroom right next to the DADA classroom and had heard all the noise, she came to check on the new teacher, knowing that Cassiopeia Black was a hard student to handle.

She had her hands on her hips and another stern look on her face as she started at the black-haired girl and the Ravenclaw student.

"Miss Black!" She roared, living up to her inner Gryffindor lion. Cassie's smile didn't falter as she looked at the teacher dressed in green.

Everyone stopped laughing at this point, even Professor Smith looked scared.

"Let Mr Davies down." She said, in the same firm tone that she had yelled in.

Cassie nodded as she waved her wand again, her smile growing, suddenly, Martin was lying face flat on the table, his head having crashed into the table as he fell.

People began to giggle yet again, however this time it was silently and it all stopped once they saw McGonagall's gaze.

Everyone then sat quietly, waiting for Cassie's punishment, but to all of their surprise, the woman just left them all, and walked up to the Professor Smith, muttering something about, 'Not being able to look after his class properly,' , and and that 'His class was acting like a babbling bumbling band of baboons,'

Finally she said that he can be the one to punish Cassie seeing as it was his class, the man, who was now very red, gulped slightly and nodded as the woman left the room, then all eyes once again turned to Cassie, who still had a large smile on her face.

"M-miss Black," is the teacher said making everyone turn to look at him.

"Detention, for the entire Saturday," she only nodded as her smile faltered slightly. She thought it was a fair enough punishment, even if she didn't want it. Nova was still silently giggling at her friend, which resulted in a goofy grin from the black-haired girl.

•••

It was finally time for Cassie and Sirius detention, and she was hardly looking forwards to it. So she slowly began to walk towards the Transfiguration classroom with a frown on her face.

Once she had reached the room she let out a sigh as she pushed open the door, it creaked slighting, making McGonagall look up at her, a frown evident on her face. Sirius was already in the room, however he wasn't looking at Cassie, causing her to roll her eyes slightly.

"Miss Black, it seems that you are late."

Cassie smirked softly as she looked at her Professor.

"Yeah, but fashionably late," McGonagall gave her another look as she stood up and pointed to the seat next to Sirius, who was writing lines, the words 'I must not put a hat on a teacher' were being inked on the paper over and over again.

"Okay, not in the mood," Cassiopeia muttered as she sat down next to her brother and pulled out her ink, a pupil and parchment. McGonagall stood over her, with her lips still pursed into a straight line.

"Miss Black, you will be writing, I must not speak back," the young girl nodded as she dipped her quill into the pot, as the teacher began to walk back to her desk.

After around twenty minutes of silent writing and Cassiopeia still ignoring her bother, a few loud crashes were heard from outside, followed by a ginormous bang! McGonagall stood up abruptly, making her chair screech, sending shivers down Cassie's spine.

The teacher practically ran to the door of her classroom, throwing it open with a frown, just as another bang went off, the teacher looked back at the two in detention before shaking her head and waking out the door to investigate.

Sirius was silently thanking the rest of the marauders for causing the distraction that left him and his sister alone, a small smile on his face until he looked over at Cassie who had ink smudged all over her hand and parchment, perks of being left-handed. She let out a frustrated sigh looking at her hand, and quickly trying to wipe the ink away. Sirius chuckled at his sister, making her look at him straight in the eyes, a scowl in her face. Sirius frowned as he looked down at his work.

"What did I do Cass?" He asked, making his sister scoff.

"What did you do? What did you do?" She said, but it was a rhetorical question, Sirius knew better than to answer, but right then, he didn't care.

"I left for everyone's own good." The boy spoke, making Cassie scold again as she placed her quill down in the table forcefully.

"Sirius, you left for your own good." The boy titled his head to the side, not understanding what she meant.

"Cassie, it did everyone better that I left." The girl shook her head as she sighed.

"What good did it do me?" She whispered, causing her brother to sigh slightly and shake his head.

"Cass, I- I didn't, I w-wasn't thinking," the girl nodded as Sirius spoke.

"I just couldn't say there anymore, y-you know how they get." Cassie nodded again, of course she knew how her parents got around Sirius, he was always being shouted at and being told off, just for being himself.

Cassie rested her head in her hands as she spoke, she knew where he was coming from, but she was still so angry with him, she hated the way he had just left, no good-bye, and no, I'm leaving now, he just left.

"Sirius you left! Without a word!" Cassie looked at her brother who suddenly had an annoyed look on his face.

"Cassie, I sent you a letter the very next day! I told you where I was! I asked you to come with me!" The dark-haired boy was slowly getting slightly louder as time went on, Cassie shook her head slightly.

"Sirius, I was worried sick." The girl was whispering now.

"You were screaming at them, then then you were just screaming," She shook her head as tears filled her eyes.

"Then it went quiet, I thought I had lost you," The tears began to spill.

Sirius had never seen his sister cry, it was something she just didn't do around him and Regulus. She only ever did it in her room, where he could only hear her doing it, so he instantly felt his heart break slightly.

"Cassie," his whispered, as he pulled the girl in to a hug, stroking her hair slightly.

"I'm okay, I promise, but I don't understand why you wouldn't come with me?"

Cassie wiped away a few of her tears as she looked up at Sirius, now she knew where he was coming from, she had thought about it, but when later that night Regulus came running into her room, she couldn't.

"I couldn't Sirius," she said with a shaky voice. "I have to protect Regulus, like you protected me."

Sirius nodded, letting his sister cry, he didn't understand then, but he would later.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 978 41
"π‘π‡πˆπ€πππŽπ π‘πˆππ†π’ π‹πˆπŠπ„ 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππˆπ†π‡π“, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 π–πŽπ”π‹πƒπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” π‹πŽπ•π„ π“πŽ π‹πŽπ•π„ 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...
638K 17.2K 46
"Order of the Phoenix." When Hogwarts becomes an unsafe place, Cassiopeia Tonks learns that if there's going to be a real war, she'd rather fight kno...
373K 10.3K 21
"Whatcha arguing about there, girls?" "Your dear sister here has a little crush." "I don't." "Your Gryffindor supporting cheeks tell me otherwise."...
449K 21.6K 107
Maybe if Sirius Black wished for it hard enough, Remus Lupin would be his. If only his family wasn't caught up in an old rivalry resurfacing... (Mara...