bruises - james potter

By nevillescourage

Cassiopeia Black grew up with more on her plate than the usual teen girl. She didn't get to wear pink dresses... More

b r u i s e s
a e s t h e t i c s
act one
one
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜π—΅π—Άπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
𝗳𝗼rty
forty-one
forty-two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
𝗳𝗼rty-four
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
act two
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Όπ—Ώπ˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π—³π—Άπ—³π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—Άπ˜…π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π˜„π—Ό
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜π—΅π—Ώπ—²π—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Όπ˜‚π—Ώ
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—³π—Άπ˜ƒπ—²
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—Άπ˜…
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜
π˜€π—²π˜ƒπ—²π—»π˜π˜†-𝗻𝗢𝗻𝗲
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†
π—²π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜π˜†-𝗼𝗻𝗲
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
one hundred
one hundred and one
one hundred and two
one hundred and three
one hundred and four
one hundred and five
one hundred and six
one hundred and seven
one hundred and eight
one hundred and nine
act three
one hundred and ten
one hundred and eleven
one hundred and twelve
one hundred and thirteen
one hundred and fourteen
one hundred and fifteen

two

128K 3.8K 6.3K
By nevillescourage

( chapter )
two

THE ONLY THING THAT CASSIOPEIA Black hates about school was the way that the day after they had arrived, lessons began, leaving them no time to settle in again before getting back into the school routine, this explained why she was falling asleep on her work in class.

Her head was resting on the palm of her hand as she closed her eyes, she was jerking herself awake every now and again, causing Nova, who was sitting besides her to giggle silently to herself every time she did so.

Like usual the Slytherins were placed with the Gryffindors, meaning that the marauders were in the same class as Cassie, and even though she was exhausted, she could practically feel Sirius gaze in the back of her head, she wanted to turn around and give him some sort of reaction, however she knew that's as what he wanted, just a small sign that she wasn't ignoring him.

Nova giggled again to herself as she watched the dark haired girls head hit the table with a thud, making the whole class turn to look at her, including McGonagall.

"Am I interrupting your nap Miss Black?" The stern Professor asked, making her way over to the girls table, causing Nova to sit up slightly, she wouldn't admit it, but she always wanted McGonagall to like her.

Cassie nodded her head as she waved a hand in the air, her fingers moving slightly.

"Just a bit Professor," She replied with a smile playing on her lips.

But it's alright," McGonagall just looked down at the girl; her lips pursed into a tight line, she didn't understand how two siblings so different could be so similar.

"Miss Black, you are aware that this is a classroom," Cassiopeia's eyes widened as she looked around the room, looking at all of the students apart from Sirius.

"Salazar Slytherin, you're right Minnie," she spoke up, turning her attention back to the front.

"I had no idea," A few people gave a chuckle at the girls answer, but soon stopped once they saw McGonagall reaction.

If looks could kill, Cassiopeia Black would be no more. The Professor sucked in a breath between her teeth, she had dealt with Cassie in her class ever since the girl started Hogwarts, so she knew what she was like.

"Detention, Miss Black," McGonagall said with her lips still pursed, trying not to let the girl get a reaction out of her.

"Can I nap in that?" Cassie asked hopefully, frowning as the Transfiguration teacher just looked away.

Nova kicked her best friend under the table, hoping that she would shut up before she got in even more trouble. The girl only nodded at the blonde before looking away.

"Guess I'll take that as a no then."

"She's still ignoring you?" Peter asked in a small whisper, noticing the way Sirius was looking at the back of his sisters head, burning holes into it. The boy only nodded, before turning to look at his small friend.

"What do I do?" He asked with another frown, making Peter shake his head.

"I don't know Padfoot." The boy squeaked out, blushing slightly as McGonagall gave him a small glare, but it gave him an idea.

"Well, she has a detention with McGonagall, so why don't you get one?" Sirius tilted his head to the side, looking at his friend, Peter thought he had done something wrong before a smile appeared on the other boys face.

"You're a genius Wormtail," Sirius rushed out, causing Peter to let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding, looking at Sirius contently as he began tearing up some of his parchment, then he quickly folded the the parchment up until it looked like a paper hat.

With a small smirk on his face he pointed his wand at the hat, muttering.

"Wingardium Leviosa," under his breath as McGonagall turned around to face the blackboard writing something about O.W.L's on the board.

The hat suddenly began to float up in the air, travelling towards the teacher, people stifled laughs as they watched the hat fly, while others looked confused at the flying hat. A few seconds later, the hat was placed on top of the woman's head. People began to laugh and giggle.

McGonagall looked up in surprise turning around, taking the hat off her head and scrunching it up into a small ball. She still had a stern look on her face, but this time it looked more annoyed, she looked over the class, her eyebrow raising as she caught Sirius' gaze, the boy still had his wand in the air.

"Detention Mr Black,"

•••

"I cannot believe him," Cassie said with a groan as she and Nova sat down at the Slytherin table, ready for lunch, they had just gotten out of Transfiguration, and the black-haired girl was highly annoyed.

"That wasn't even a good prank." She muttered, placing a handful of chips on her plate and angrily biting into one.

"I know what he's doing," she continued with a frown. Nova sighed at her friend, placing a salad on her plate along with some fish fingers.

"What's he doing Cassie?" The blonde asked, looking up at Cassiopeia.

"He's going to try and talk to me during the detention, I just know it." Cassie took a bite out of one of her chips.

Nova didn't really know why Cassiopeia was being so harsh towards her brother, seeing as he had only left without a goodbye. Nova really did think that Cassie was being a bit over-dramatic, as she was known to be, but she always knew that when it came to her brothers, Cassie would forgive them without a second thought, so there must be something more going on then she was telling.

"Is there something you're not telling me, Cassie?" The dark-haired girl looked up from her plate of chips, one in her mouth, she shook her head as she swallowed.

"Nothing?" Nova asked again, frowning slightly as Cassie shook her head, refusing to meet Nova's eyes. Something she did when lying.

Nova nodded her head slightly, looking down the table at the other fifth years.

"Do you think that Rosier is going to marry one of his cousins, or do I have a shot?"

Cassiopeia's eyes widened as she looked at her blonde friend, who had a straight face on, her mouth was open, showing the contents in her mouth.

"I was kidding Cassie!" Nova exclaimed, laughing at her friends reaction.

"I know he's going to marry one of his cousin's... sadly." She added on afterwards.

•••

The rest of the day went rather quickly, all of their lessons were about the same thing, the fifth year upcoming O.W.L exams, which no-one was looking forwards to. Cassiopeia's detention was the next day, so she had one more night before it.

That night it was a full moon, and both of the Slytherins loved the full moons, always sitting in the common room until stupid hours of the morning, seeing the moon through the small windows illuminate the black lake, meaning you could see everything inside it.

Today, however they had decided to see the moon from their common room, ignoring the groans and moans that came from their roommates as they tried to sleep. They had a small bowl of muggle sweets laying on the bed between them, they were laughing about all sorts.

"Okay, okay," Cassie said leaning back against the head board of the bed.

"Kiss, marry, Crucio..." she bit the head off a jelly baby, violently, as she thought.

"McGonagall, Slughorn and Binns?"

Nova pulled a face at her friend, sticking her tongue out and letting out a squeal.

"Ew! Cassie, why do you even think of that?" The black-haired girl only shrugged her shoulder with a small smile.

"So... who would it be?" Cassie wiggled her eyebrows, causing The blonde rolled her eyes, before giggling slightly.

"Urm, I would kiss McGonagall, because you know, I think she would be a good kisser." Cassie pulled a face, tilting her head to the side.

"Okay, so I would marry Binns, as then I can-," Nova giggled at her friends reaction.

But the giggles slowly died down as a loud howl filled the girls ears. They both quickly turned to look out of the window, seeing the moon high and bright, Cassie slowly got up off the bed and looked closer at the window, pressing her nose against it, her breath steaming up the window.

She wiped it away with her pyjama sleeve, just as a figure ran past the moon, it was tall and lanky, having hair all over it, Cassiopeia quickly shook her head, as the howling filled their ears again.

"What is it?" Nova asked hesitantly, a frown on her face replacing it's previous smile.

"I think it's a werewolf," Cassie replied in a whisper, as if the wolf could hear her from outside the window, Novas eyes widened slightly, looking between her friend and the window.

"Why is there a werewolf on school grounds?" Cassie just shrugged her shoulders, turning back around to look at Nova.

"I don't know, why?" Nova looked at her best friend, both of her eyebrows raised.

"Because it's a man slaughtering beast." Cassie's furrowed her eyebrows at her friend.

"Once a month, Nova, and they can't help it." Nova only shook her head, looking back at Cassie.

"I guess," Cassie smiled half-heartedly at her friend, who she knew was only saying that so she wouldn't have to listen to Cassiopeia go on about facts about them, even though she loved the random nonsense Cassie had in her head, it wasn't something she wanted to talk about at the moment.

"Okay, back to the game!" Cassie chuckled slightly at the girl, returning to her place on the bed.

"So, I would marry Binns so that I can suck him up in a hoover and leave it as that." Nova once again giggled at her friends reaction, smiling as she tilted her head to the side, a look of confusion on her face.

"What's a hoover?"

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

731K 22.2K 50
πš‚πš˜ πš–πšžπšŒπš‘ πšπš˜πš› πšœπšžπš–πš–πšŽπš› πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πšŠπš—πš πšœπšŠπš’πš’πš—πš "𝚞𝚜" 'π™²πšŠπšžπšœπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πšŽπš›πšŽπš—'𝚝 πš–πš’πš—πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš•πš˜πšœπšŽ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†γ€€γ€€ qο½₯:...
13.3K 595 21
Remus Lupin's life is miserable. He was bitten by a werewolf at the age of five causing his lycanthropy and as a result ostracisation from both the w...
142K 5.7K 74
"You kissed Sirius," I sob. "I know, Cordelia." He whispers. "It's so horrible." "Yes, it is. I wish you hadn't had to see that," I rest my head agai...
871K 20.6K 87
Y/n L/n is starting her first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She meets many new friends, but there are 4 people she would call h...