āœ“ 2. | FIX HER āžø KLAUS MIKAEL...

Ī‘Ļ€ĻŒ wickedivory

ā” š…šˆš— š‡š„š‘. ā› she saved him and he saved her āœ in which melody mills is now eighteen and decides to exp... Ī ĪµĻĪ¹ĻƒĻƒĻŒĻ„ĪµĻĪ±

o. š–‰š–Žš–˜š–ˆš–‘š–†š–Žš–’š–Šš–—
i. š–™š–—š–†š–Žš–‘š–Šš–—
ii. š–Žš–“š–™š–—š–”š–‰š–šš–ˆš–™š–Žš–”š–“
iii. š–Šš–š–™š–Šš–“š–‰š–Šš–‰ š–˜š–šš–’š–’š–†š–—š–ž
iv. š–Šš–•š–Žš–Œš–—š–†š–•š–
v. š–ˆš–†š–˜š–™ š–‘š–Žš–˜š–™
vi. š–•š–‘š–†š–žš–‘š–Žš–˜š–™
ā” ACT ONE
one ; vampires, witches, and doppelgangers, oh my
two ; the "protect elena" gang
three ; nightmare at the carnival
four ; you trust me, i'll trust you
five ; suit of armor
six ; in the shadows
seven ; this thing called time
eight ; the truth is buried down below
nine ; curiosity killed the cat, but its stubbornness brought it back
ten ; roses for an angel
eleven ; the greatest
twelve ; i was just like you once
thirteen ; not so damsel in distress
fourteen ; the dinner disaster
fifteen ; uneasy bonding
sixteen ; of all my mistakes
seventeen ; hello, goodbye
eighteen ; life choices
nineteen ; my choice, don't stop me
twenty ; the day her life changed
ā” ACT TWO
twenty-one ; trust is the key to friendship
twenty-two ; a curse called loneliness
twenty-three ; a shiny glass cup of trust
twenty-four ; broken hearts, shattered trust
twenty-five ; enemies who became friends
twenty-six ; loyalty, my love
twenty-seven ; the angel in the devil's playground
twenty-eight ; stories written in tattoos
twenty-nine ; the sea of bad memories
thirty ; whispering confessions
thirty-one ; looking into the face of death
thirty-two ; only one
thirty-three ; nothing but a dream
thirty-four ; i found love
thirty-five ; where do we go from here
thirty-six ; you never felt like home
ā” ACT THREE
thirty-seven ; my happy ending
thirty-eight ; lucky me
forty ; you can't save her
forty-one ; nothing but a guilty conscious
forty-two ; there goes the ticking bomb
forty-three ; what's family for?
forty-four ; the road to forgiveness and control
forty-five ; you will all burn
forty-six ; another team in the race
forty-seven ; odd desire
forty-eight ; his epic love
forty-nine ; the least of your concerns
fifty ; love and hate, katerina
vii. š–™š–š–†š–“š– š–žš–”š–š
BOOK THREE

thirty-nine ; a deal with the fallen angel

4.4K 172 111
Ī‘Ļ€ĻŒ wickedivory

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-ninea deal with the fallen angel

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ feel like making a deal with the
fallen angel who rules Hell? ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

fifty votes and fifty comments for the next chapter!

THE LIGHT PEEKED through the curtains, indicating that a new day had arrived. She only stirred slightly, turning on her side once she felt radiation of warmth, wanting to be close to it. If she had been conscious, she would've assumed it was the sun providing the blanket of comfort. But this is reality, so naturally, it wasn't. And yet she didn't seem to notice, her breathing staying even, her face completely calm and serene. Klaus didn't realize just how much her expression was different from when she was awake.

In sleep, the muscles of your face relax, reliving a true look of peace and calmness. When Melody was up and moving, her expression never truly look like it did now. She always had uncertainty in her eyes or perhaps even fear. But her sarcasm and cocky attitude masked it entirely so if you didn't know her well enough, you wouldn't notice. He did. And he was aware that staring at her as she slept was a creepy move. He couldn't help it. He was mesmerized by her still. And every day he learned something new about her.

Melody moved again and this time, she ended up flipping herself right onto his chest, the side of her face lying against his shirt. Klaus went wide-eyed, silently cursing himself because he knew he was screwed now unless she moved. He wasn't that lucky. She moved again but this time, it was her hands, shifting to his shirt as she grabbed onto it lightly. Her legs soon followed and then she was completely laying on top of him.

She snorted peacefully, him hesitantly reaching to her back as he started to caress her through her thin t-shirt. Now that he noticed, she never slept in just undergarments, she slept in a t-shirt with shorts. It surprised him but then only showed him something new about her. As he thought about it, Melody never wore anything remoting revealing. It was always comfortable attire like sweaters, leggings, tight jeans, and jackets, occasion graphic tees. Never dresses or showy outfits in general. He wondered what her reasoning was for her clothing choice.

The brunette made a low sound and then while he wasn't paying attention, she had opened her eyes slowly. At first, she just blinked to rid of the haze in her vision. Then reality set in and she realized what the warmth had been coming from. Surprisingly, she didn't jump in shock. All she did was tilt her head up a bit, sighing.

"What the hell are you doing in my bed?" she questioned, her eyes narrowed yet she didn't seem to be all upset about it. "Did someone have a nightmare last night?" It was meant to be a joke but he didn't smile or laugh. In fact, he looked quite embarrassed.

Klaus cleared his throat, removing his hand off her back. "I came to wake you."

"Well, that was a total lie." She lifted her head more, her expression turning soft once she saw the look on his face. "Hey." She gently placed a hand on his cheek, frowning with concern. "What's wrong?"

He stared down at her for a long time, their eyes simply looking back at one another. Then he sat up, picking up her body so she sat in front of him. The hybrid stood up, acting as if nothing happened, pretending not to see the flash of hurt that went across her eyes. "I have a favor to ask of you. Rebekah is returning any of my calls so I need you to go find her, inform her of The Five."

Melody nodded. "Sure." She then stood up, stepping in front of him before he could leave the room. He took a sharp intake of breath as she touched his cheek again. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I want you to be comfortable with telling me without me pushing. And one day, you won't have to hide things from me. Until that day comes, I'll be here, doing whatever I can to prove to you that I am in this for the long haul too." She offered him a gentle smile, leaning forward and kissing his lips lightly.

Klaus rose a brow, a smile appearing on his face. "Where is Melody and what have you done with her."

She slapped his arm and pointed her finger at him, trying to force a serious face but failing miserably. "Shut your trap mister! That was me being nice. I was feeling generous."

"Does that mean I get another kiss?"

"Don't push your luck."

Melody playfully shoved him back with her hand, turning around to go downstairs to get some ice cold water before she got into the shower. He had another idea as his arm outstretched, taking her by the waist as he spun her around, his lips landing firmly on her's. She kissed back without hesitation, arms wrapping around his neck. She sighed delicately as he pulled her closer. His touch was gentle, as if she was glass ready to shatter. Then when they pulled back, they both refrained from going back for more.

The fairytale woman licked her lips, taking a deep breath as her eyes went up to his to see him already looking down at her. "I should probably get in the shower." Her words said anything but, her legs standing still with her body in his arms.

"You probably should," he agreed with a tiny nod. They didn't look away from one another, neither moved though they were talking about going their separate ways. It was almost like they were testing one another, seeing who would move away first.

Finally, after they stood there for another ten seconds, Melody made up her mind. "One more kiss." Then she kissed him and he complied happily, pushing her against the wall. She made a tiny noise but it was muffled, not wanting to pull away. He ran his hand underneath her shirt, skimming her hips as he felt how soft she was. He reminded himself that she needed to breathe so he pulled away, staring down at her with lustful eyes.

Melody blushed, smiling as she looked away from him. "Okay, now I have to go take a shower." She pecked his lips once before he pulled away from her to let her move. As she went to her dresser to grab her clothes, Klaus turned with a smirk.

"Can I join?" She threw a shoe at him that was set in the corner by her dresser, dashing into the bathroom to hide her crimson cheeks. His smirk grew. "That wasn't a no!"

"Go take a shower with Tyler! I'm sure he misses you!" All she could hear with a grumble of disgust of thinking about this. Then a smirk appeared on her lips as she opened the door. "That wasn't a no." She closed the door again, her laughter echoing as he shook his head with a chuckle of his own, leaving her to get ready.

———

Rebekah was trying desperately to make it up to Matt for what she had done to him. The keyboard was him, not Elena. She didn't care what happened to that poor excuse for a person. She wished she had killed her for good, but fate didn't seem to want to gift her with that present. And most likely never would. It made her fists clench and her lips twitch every time she saw Elena or even heard her name.  Her mere existence made the blonde's blood boil.

She snapped herself out of her thoughts as she reminded herself why she had come to the Mystic Grill. And with a deep breath, she finished her journey to the counter where Matt was cleaning the clear glasses with a wet rag. Her painted nails gripped onto the small item in her hands, up until the point where she placed it on the countertop, smiling at him.

Matt looked up at her before his eyes darted to see what it was. "What's that?"

"The key to your new truck. It's parked outside, paid for, insured, everything but a big red bow." The smile on her face was hopeful yet it looked a bit hesitant, not sure if he would accept her apology for nearly killing him. She did feel bad about it because he happened to be in the car with Elena and that wasn't his fault that he got caught in the crossfire.

He scoffed, shoving it back towards her with an almost disgusted looking expression. "If that's your idea of an apology, you should probably give it to Elena. She's the one that you killed." With that, he walked away, not bothering to spare her another glance.

"It was thoughtful of you," a voice spoke up. That sweet, soft voice she had missed very dearly. Yet she wouldn't admit to that obviously, seeing that there wasn't a chance she could ever be with the beautiful brunette. "He should've at least tried to see your side of the story. Then again, he is biased. I say screw him."

Rebekah turned her head, her heart leaping in that ridiculous cliche way. She placed a mask on her face to conceal her emotions. "Thanks. Surprised to see you here. I thought you and Nik were leaving this town for good."

Melody rolled her eyes as she remembered the conversation she and the said hybrid had on the way back to Mystic Falls. "Believe me, I thought so too but he's currently cheating on me with Tyler Lockwood. We did stumble across something interesting that I think you would like to hear about." She smiled as she left Rebekah wondering what it was.

The Original tapped her nails on the wood, trying to ignore her curiosity but the second she looked back at that gorgeous smile, she caved. She exhaled deeply and then walked over to her, leaning against the counter since the woman was sitting down with a glass of water in front of her which was a shocker to the blonde. "Alright, you have my undivided attention. What is it that you and my egotistical brother found, hm?"

"Oh, nothing too important. Unless you count the brotherhood of The Five still lurking around of course." There was a wicked smirk on her face, her finger drawing circles on the wood, collecting some dust to which her nose scrunched up, wiping it off on her jeans.

Rebekah was in shock, her lips parting as her breath caught in her throat. That couldn't be possible. She was sure that all of them were dead, long gone, as well as the secret of the cure to vampirism. "What? How?"

Melody took a sip of her water before responding to her. "That hunter, Connor, apparently he is a descent of the original hunters. We haven't exactly figured out what he knows because as far as we are concerned, he doesn't know a single thing about his history nor does he realize how valuable he is."

"I take it that Nik has caught you up on the tragic tale then?" She got a nod in reply. "Well, then you can tell him that I don't care about The Five, him or you. I'm not playing his games that you are now partaking in."

The look on Melody's face stung like a slap to her face and she forced herself to ignore it. A scoff sounded through the room as Melody shook her head in disbelief. "You know what? I told you how I felt Rebekah and I told you that I was sorry that I couldn't give you what you want. But for you to throw things in my face, it is hurtful because I am trying and you don't seem to care. At least I didn't string you along like Elena has done to the Salvatore brothers. I was honest with you. I am trying."

"What are you trying to do? Fix our relationship so we can be friends? Sorry Melody, but we can't be friends. Ever. Not when you are sleeping with my brother and doing his dirty work."

The words were so hollow but they cut like knives each their skin equally. Before she could see the tears filling the brunette's eyes, Rebekah turned her head and left the bar. Melody felt the burning of the tears in her eyes, wanting so badly to fall down her cheeks that were flushed in anger. She pushed herself back from the counter, getting up and storming through the back doorway. On the way, she bumped into a random man who she had no problem with shoving with her elbow.

Her tears fell but she felt rage, knowing that it was because of her growing dark heart. She always had a quick temper like her father but it had become much more prominent after she murdered Esther. Though she had killed Mikael before that, the Original Witch was her first kill in her eyes. It was her revenge, it was justice for her mother, for all that she and her family had lost.

Fire licked her fingertips as she flicked her wrist to open the front doors of the Mikaelson Manor. She had teleported there, seeing as she hadn't brought her car to the Grill. Melody bypassed the hybrids, making her way to the room where Connor was chained to a piece of wood. He looked up to see her and groaned. "Great."

She lifted her hands and started to choke him with her magic. He gasped for air, feeling his throat tighten in her invisible grip. "Where is it? Come on, you have to know something. You have to be more useful than that tattoo on your skin."

"You seriously think choking him is going to make him tell you anything?"

Melody rolled her eyes, laughing darkly. "Just maybe he'll croak before I crush the pathway to his lungs." Then she released Connor and turned her head, looking to see Stefan emerging from the shadows. She smirked at him, a dangerous look in his eyes so he didn't dare take a step forward. "What brings you here? Did doppel-bitch break your heart again?" She pouted with fake sympathy.

He pretended to not hear her words as he looked to the hunter who was still catching his breath before glancing back at her, seeing her casually looking at her nails as if she were thinking about what color and design to get them done in. "I assume you haven't gotten anything out of him?" Yet he had heard her question as to where it was which made him intrigued.

"Nothing I particularly care about. He hasn't spoken a word about the Council fire and he isn't saying a word about this supposedly super dark and scary evil that we all should be running from. No worries though, I called Sam and Dean and they should be here any minute now." She continued to smirk, her eyes going back up to his as she moved towards him slowly. "What brings you looking for some Scooby snacks?"

Stefan nearly smiled at her references, crossing his arms in front of him as if they were having a normal conversation. "Well, I can't say it in front of him. As I'm sure you've figured out, our friend here can't be compelled."

Connor finally spoke up. "I told you, I don't know anything."

"We heard you the first time, sunshine," Melody snapped, irritated because he truly didn't know anything about himself. Then she walked past Stefan, bumping his shoulder on the way out. "Follow me." He turned around without complaining, following after her. She shut the doors so Connor couldn't hear them, catching the person who was sitting in a chair, a smirk on his face.

Klaus had his hands clasped in front of them, amused by how his girlfriend was about to torture the hunter. It did chill him to the bone though because she was truly terrifying whenever she got tempestuous. "Ah Stefan, old friend, please, sit. What brings you here to my humble abode?"

Melody sat in the chair beside him, conjuring a knife to ease her rage as she started to twirl it in her fingers. Stefan sat down as well, across from them as he leaned forward on his knees. "Damon said you two knew something about this guy. Now, I should have figured out that you two were up to something when you both miraculously reappeared in Mystic Falls after declaring that you were leaving."

"I was feeling benevolent and Melody, as loyal as she is, chose to follow me," Klaus answered, lying but he didn't seem to care from the way he grinned smugly.

"You are never benevolent," the brunette beside him scoffed. "Do you even know what the definition is?"

Klaus gave her a look to which she only smiled innocently in reply as she leaned on her hand, the knife maneuvering between her fingers and then over them with ease. She had much practice over the years. Thankfully she didn't hurt herself too badly. Whenever she did, Pan would wrap a bandage around her hand to stop the bleeding but wouldn't allow her to heal herself with magic, telling her that she needed to learn how to build a pain tolerance. It seemed like an awful thing to do to some, but his intentions were always pure when it came to his daughter.

Stefan was growing annoyed at the lack of information they were giving him. "Who is this guy? What's the Five? I have nothing to do today, except get answers out of you two so please, enlighten me." He gestured towards them like he was the one running the show when he wasn't, nowhere even remotely close.

Melody smirked at him. "I think we should tell him, maybe we can convince him to get Rebekah to cooperate." Both males looked confused by her sudden idea of manipulating the blonde Original. And they both knew that this wasn't Melody Mills talking, it was the darkness in her once pure heart.

They exchanged a glance, sharing a surprisingly similar thought. Klaus cleared his throat before he clasped his hands in front of him again as he began his tale. "The Brotherhood of the Five was a group of highly skilled vampire hunters. We crossed paths with them in 12th century Italy. My siblings and I had followed the Normans as they conquered the South. Feeding, turning people as we went. But with the bloodshed came exposure." He paused for dramatic effect. "Rebekah fancied one of them."

Stefan took a moment to process everything he had been told so far, thinking it over before he spoke. "So these hunters have been around for nine hundred years?" It didn't seem possible or real even because he had never heard the word of famous hunters ever. Then again, he never knew the Originals existed until almost a year ago.

"Apparently according to Klaus," Melody confirmed, looking up from her knife. "Though our good ole friend in the other room is the first that has been seen since then." She frowned, her weapon stopping for a beat. "Kind of makes you wonder what they've been up to all these years, you know? They just vanished and then reappeared out of nowhere."

Her words lingered as they all thought about it because it was true. Did one of them survive? Or did nature see it fit to give The Five another try and then ended up bringing them back? The answers weren't clear so they had to go off what they already knew.

"And Rebekah had a thing with one of them?" Stefan questioned, not looking surprised but it was just that she was evidently a vampire and he killed creatures like her.

"Oh, she didn't just have a thing," Klaus replied, shaking his head. "She fell in love with him. He told her all his secrets." That same smug grin appeared on his face as he gladly boasted at the information he had that Stefan would most definitely want to hear. "Which I will gladly share with you provided you do one thing for me."

Stefan caught on and took a jab. "And what's that?"

Melody laughed, amused that he was so bold to ask even though he knew fairly well they wouldn't tell him unless it benefited them. Stefan would want the cure for Elena. Then suddenly her smile fell as a thought occurred to her. Why did Klaus care about the cure? Did he want it for Rebekah? Or did he lie to her? No, he wouldn't lie to her, not after all this time they spent growing closer.

"Get Rebekah over here. She isn't exactly in the best mood and she and I need to talk. When she is here, she will reveal that precious bit of information you so desperately want."

The Salvatore chuckled without humor. "What's in it for me?"

She laughed again, sincerely looking entertained by his question. "Not getting your eyes dug out of your skull. I'm sure that is a fitting reward." Stefan's cocky attitude withered away as she casually knocked him down with her words, swatting him away like a fly. Things would never be the same between them after all of this. Melody smirked, tilting her head to the side. "Oh and Stefan, this hunter, has something you may be interested in. The only question is: how far are you willing to go to get it?"

———

Yet another dinner disaster. Melody sat at the round table beside Klaus, Rebekah near her, Stefan across from her. The second the blonde entered the room, both females avoided looking at each other. Their food had been conjured by the brunette's magic since she refused to invite a pretty compelled girl over to serve them food. She scoffed at the thought. Now all they needed was Elijah, who was nowhere in sight obviously.

They all ate silently, Melody picking at her food since she wasn't feeling in the mood which was highly unlike her. She felt sick sitting there near Stefan who would continue to act like nothing ever happened. Then there was Rebekah who had assumed she was sleeping with Klaus. And she hated that word in that context: sleeping. Because when she did give herself to her boyfriend, they wouldn't sleep together. It would mean something, not a one night stand, not even close. So she guessed the only person she wasn't ready to slap at that table was Klaus.

He didn't seem happy with his sister after he had heard what had happened at the Mystic Grill. The glare was unmistakable as the siblings stared at one another with annoyance. "Rebekah, love, eat your veggies," he said with a fake kind tone.

"I'm not eating."

"Fine then, don't eat."

Stefan rolled his eyes, not there for the chitchat, but for the information that Melody had teased earlier. He was itching to know why this would be important to him. Yet he knew to tread carefully because she wouldn't just tell him without a reason. So what was her reason? That was what was unnerving. She had something up her sleeve. And he knew it wasn't good, not one bit. "Why don't we skip the sibling banter and get t the part about Rebekah's hunter?"

The three looked over at him and Klaus leaned back in his chair, waving a hand forward in a flicking motion. "Right, Alexander. Nice chap foregoing the obvious issues. He was looking for creatures of the night which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings. They fought for the destruction of all vampires. In fact, they had a weapon to achieve their goal."

"So, that's what this is about?" Stefan realized. "A weapon." He scoffed, not at all impressed, earning an irritated look for Melody. "How is a weapon the answer to all my prayers?" The fairytale woman looked over at Klaus, raising an eyebrow as to if they should keep dodging the answer or tell the vampire now. Stefan noticed. "Okay. Why don't we just skip with the theatrics and get right to the point?" He leaned forward a tad, expecting them to tell him.

Melody smirked, her eyes dancing with mischief. "Not yet, because in order to find this ultimate weapon, we need to solve the puzzle. But this puzzle has vanished. No solved puzzle equals no weapon."

"What puzzle?"

She arched a brow. "The tattoo you blithering idiot. Why do you think Connor was saved? The tattoo is a map to the treasure." There was a prideful gleam in her eyes as she spoke those words, still not telling him that one bit of info he wanted so much.

Rebekah mumbled as she sipped her drink. "Fat lot of good a tattoo's gonna do if we can't see it."

Klaus spoke up before Melody snapped her neck on the spot with a flick of her wrist. "We can't, but someone else can." He looked to one of his hybrids. "Why don't you go fetch him?" His girlfriend gave him a confused look, not being told that someone else was here, most likely against their will. She frowned, Rebekah catching the look easily. "You see, the hunter was so eager to get to the bottom of his mystery tattoos that he mentioned there was only one other person that can see them."

The hybrid walked back in the room and they all turned their heads to see Jeremy Gilbert being held roughly by the male. Melody smirked slowly, looking pleased to see the younger brother of the girl who tried trading her freedom for her's and tried to kill her true love. Stefan had a completely different reaction, rushing over to the teen.

Melody appeared in front of him before he could get far. "I wouldn't advise you go towards him further." She glanced at Jeremy, her smirk widening. "Well, well, well, did you ever think that your artistic skills would come in handy?"

"I'm not helping you with anything," Jeremy snapped, glaring at her. He couldn't believe that this was the same woman who had bonded with him over art. But that had been months ago, back when Damon and Stefan didn't hate her guts.

"Come on, little Gilbert. It is only a simple sketch, it isn't like we are telling you to win America's Got Talent." The hybrid took off the ring on Jeremy's finger and threw it to Melody who caught it swiftly, twirling it in her fingers. 

He wouldn't budge, his eyes holding a twinge of fear. "I am not helping you."

She laughed darkly. "Oh but sweetie, yes you are."

———

While Jeremy was being forced to sketch out a detailed drawing of the tattoo, they resumed their conversation about the original hunters. Melody ate some of her chicken, looking over at Klaus as he was getting ready to continue the story. Stefan looked infuriated that they had dragged an innocent kid into this but stayed still because he needed to get that information. The hybrid drank some of his wine before he started talking. "My sister's suitor was unwilling to tell us anything. Rebekah, however, was more than willing to investigate." All eyes went to the blonde. "Isn't that right?"

Rebekah looked down with an ashamed expression, making Melody tilt her head with a raised eyebrow. She didn't think she had fallen that deep in love with the hunter. Then again, she seemed to fall deeply in love with every person she crushed on, including the brunette. She felt like an upgraded version of Elena Gilbert and that pissed her off. She didn't want to be known for tearing the Mikaelson siblings apart, that was why she was honest with the blonde.

"My sister's boyfriend threw a slumber party that night," Klaus told Stefan. "He and his brothers put us all down in our sleep with silver daggers. Elijah, Kol, Finn, and me."

"How was I supposed to know?" Rebekah retorted.

Melody rolled her eyes. "Follow your gut, don't trust a hunter whose goal is to murder vampires? I would consider that a start." They all looked at her. "But of course, you were sleeping with him and playing along with his games." She raised her glass, her glare aimed straight at her. "Cheers, to Rebekah's inability to choose a lover."

Stefan looked surprised at her hostility, which only meant that whatever had happened between the two females, Melody had been hurt by something Rebekah had said. And he knew for a fact that she never stood for that, she never sat still and took insults, she fought back and stood up for herself. He cleared his throat to help move on the discussion, noticing how Rebekah refused to look up and how Klaus didn't say a word. "I thought the daggers didn't work on you because of your werewolf side."

The said Original looked over and smirked at that, knowing he was right. "They don't." His expression fell as he got to the main point. "Go ahead, Rebekah. Tell him. Tell him what the hunter told you the tattoo leads to. What is this great weapon that could bring about the end of the vampire species?"

A long stretch of silence panned out as Stefan looked over to Rebekah, seeing the way she sighed, her lips parting as she breathed the answer to all his prayers. "A Cure. He said there was a cure."

Stefan didn't look convinced, deflating because he had expected something realistic, not this false hope for getting Elena human again. "There is no cure for vampirism."

Melody rolled her eyes again, sipping her wine as she crossed her legs. "I told you he wouldn't believe us. Why should he though?" Her question was a rhetorical one, of course, her smirk widening as she saw the cogs working in the younger male's brain. Despite his lack of faith in them, he still held onto the possibility that maybe they were telling the truth. What was in it for them? Why tell him?

"Then why wouldn't you have searched for it, found it?" he questioned, digging deeper as he tried to understand what they wanted out of this.

"Because when the hunters drew their final breath that night, the marks disappeared from their body, the map was gone, the brotherhood of the Five extinct," Klaus replied, sounding bored. "For nine hundred years, there was not a whisper of another hunter, until our friend in there showed up in town."

Rebekah finally understood what was going on, why Klaus was telling Stefan about the cure, why Melody was going along with the plan. Because the fairytale woman was like the hybrid's puppett. So she wouldn't deny him when he told her that he could make more hybrids. But, the blonde didn't know just how wrong was she about her prediction.

"You want the cure for Elena, don't you?" Rebekah scoffed, shaking her head in disbelief. "So you can go back to mass producing your hybrids. That's why you brought Stefan here, because you knew that he'd help you even though he hates your guts! And Melody won't say anything because you two are true loves. So, of course, she follows you like a puppy." Tears reached her eyes as she stared at the three. "You know what? You can shove your cure, all of you."

Then she got up, pushing her chair back roughly before turning around and storming out of the mansion. Stefan sighed and got up, looking at the couple with a disgusted look. "Well, I hope you two got what you wanted out of her before you chased her off."

Melody forced her tears away, continuing on with her act. "She never would have told us what we needed to know. But she'll tell you. The tattoo is our map to finding the cure but the map can't be solved without the pieces. The pieces in our case is the sword. Rebekah knows where it is and whether you like it or not, you are going to go after her and tell us where it is. Because you want the cure for Elena and so do we." Then she stood and went towards him, smirking in a way that she resembled her father. 

"Feel like making a deal with the fallen angel who rules Hell?"

———

This was by far her most detailed plan yet. She didn't know how long she could continue pulling this off. She knew Klaus could easily. They were both in this together, knowing just how dangerous it was and how if they made one wrong move, someone could die. Melody was skeptical but knew that this was her revenge of the Mystic Falls gang, for all of the pain they put her through. She had to do this.

When Klaus came back, neither noticed Connor missing, both vulnerable which was never a good thing. Melody had her guard done, standing by the window of her bedroom, silently crying as she stared up at the night sky.

"Jeremy's sketch?" she asked quietly.

A step forward. "He can only draw what there is of the map so far. The hunter needs to kill more vampires before the tattoo is complete."

"The location of the sword?"

Another step. "The place where Rebekah and Alexander were to be married."

She paused as she played the next question in her head over and over again. It gave him time to cross over to her complete, not touching her but standing close, still giving her some space. More tears fell down her cheeks as her voice stood firm.

"Rebekah?"

Klaus sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before he opened them to look at her. "Daggered as we planned. She gave up the location of the sword and now she lies somewhere where no one will find her. No one but the two of us and Stefan know about the cure." It was his turn to hesitate. "Rebekah thinks we betrayed her."

Melody felt more tears fall as she leaned against the cold glass, the feeling soothing. "Are we making the right choice?" Her head turned to face him, him seeing the heartbroken look on her face. "She thinks we want the cure for Elena, she thinks we are teaming with Stefan, she thinks we don't care about her. I wish we could have just told her, I mean, the things I had to say so Stefan thought we were truly on his side. . ."

"I know," he whispered close to her ear, not needing to hear the end of the sentence to know. His hand took some of her hair and pushed it out of the way, caressing the side of her neck lightly with his knuckles.

She sniffled and wiped her tears, blinking to clear her vision. "Rebekah deserves that cure, you know deep down she does. And I want the Salvatores to burn, I want them to go after the cure in the hopes of curing Elena and I want to rip it from their fingers, watch as they realize I was right." Her eyes darkened as she spoke. "They will die because of her. So they will and I will kill them myself. I will kill Elena for all she has caused. I will get my revenge on them all. Then I will give Rebekah the cure so she can live a happy human life." Her head turned back to gaze out the window. "If anyone dares try and stop me. . ." she trailed off, her heart darkening which each breath.

"I will kill them too," she breathed. "I will kill them all."

———

Hi, I'm Dove and I love writing my original character, Melody Mills, as a total villain with good intentions. But in all seriousness, can we just take a moment to appreciate how amazing she is? Yes, I am the writer and have written every word in this book (besides the dialogue from the canon episode but whatever), but I also put myself into my oc's shoes whenever I write for them. So looking back, I am thinking about just how amazing Melody is.

She is a villain to some, but her intentions are to help those she cares for. And the reason why she can't tell Rebekah is that she is afraid of telling her and then getting her hopes up or telling her and her plan getting exposed on accident. So she made Rebekah feel betrayed, Stefan convinced she is on his side, all so she can give Rebekah the cure and get revenge on Elena and the Salvatore brothers.

As you can tell, Melody is going off the deep end here because her heart is now black and she is on the path to figuring out how to be herself, but still deal with the darkness inside of her. It'll take a while and I am telling you right now, she will go through something similar in the third book, just much darker.

I hope you guys are enjoying her storyline for the fourth season because I am really trying to make it interesting! Thank you guys for reading and please let me know your thoughts on all of this! :)

I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

( credit : @pepperronys )

Ī£Ļ…Ī½Ī­Ļ‡ĪµĪ¹Ī± Ī‘Ī½Ī¬Ī³Ī½Ļ‰ĻƒĪ·Ļ‚

Ī˜Ī± ĻƒĪ±Ļ‚ Ī±ĻĪ­ĻƒĪµĪ¹ ĪµĻ€ĪÆĻƒĪ·Ļ‚

1.6M 61.1K 109
The name of the town should've been her first hint. 'Mystic Falls' It was like she was asking for trouble. TVD S1-4 (OC ~ MJ Ruiz): Kol x OC Some m...
258K 5K 68
She may be the youngest, but she'd be damned if she's the weakest. Brynn Mikaelson doesn't want much out of life. She spends her days in New Orleans...
79.3K 2K 25
š‘Ŗš‘¬š‘µš‘»š‘¼š‘¹š‘°š‘¬š’, š€š’š“š‘šˆšƒ šŒšˆšŠš€š„š‹š’šŽš. ā˜†ą¼„ šˆš š–š‡šˆš‚š‡, Astrid Mikaelson - wife of Niklaus Mikaelson - follows her husband to Mystic...
5.9K 137 12
The Mikaelson twin have stuck together through thick and thin. Niklaus and Nikole went to mystic falls to break their curse, but they start to fall f...