āœ“ 2. | FIX HER āžø KLAUS MIKAEL...

By wickedivory

ā” š…šˆš— š‡š„š‘. ā› she saved him and he saved her āœ in which melody mills is now eighteen and decides to exp... More

o. š–‰š–Žš–˜š–ˆš–‘š–†š–Žš–’š–Šš–—
i. š–™š–—š–†š–Žš–‘š–Šš–—
ii. š–Žš–“š–™š–—š–”š–‰š–šš–ˆš–™š–Žš–”š–“
iii. š–Šš–š–™š–Šš–“š–‰š–Šš–‰ š–˜š–šš–’š–’š–†š–—š–ž
iv. š–Šš–•š–Žš–Œš–—š–†š–•š–
v. š–ˆš–†š–˜š–™ š–‘š–Žš–˜š–™
vi. š–•š–‘š–†š–žš–‘š–Žš–˜š–™
ā” ACT ONE
one ; vampires, witches, and doppelgangers, oh my
two ; the "protect elena" gang
three ; nightmare at the carnival
four ; you trust me, i'll trust you
five ; suit of armor
six ; in the shadows
seven ; this thing called time
eight ; the truth is buried down below
nine ; curiosity killed the cat, but its stubbornness brought it back
ten ; roses for an angel
eleven ; the greatest
twelve ; i was just like you once
thirteen ; not so damsel in distress
fourteen ; the dinner disaster
fifteen ; uneasy bonding
sixteen ; of all my mistakes
seventeen ; hello, goodbye
eighteen ; life choices
nineteen ; my choice, don't stop me
twenty ; the day her life changed
ā” ACT TWO
twenty-one ; trust is the key to friendship
twenty-two ; a curse called loneliness
twenty-three ; a shiny glass cup of trust
twenty-four ; broken hearts, shattered trust
twenty-five ; enemies who became friends
twenty-six ; loyalty, my love
twenty-seven ; the angel in the devil's playground
twenty-eight ; stories written in tattoos
twenty-nine ; the sea of bad memories
thirty ; whispering confessions
thirty-one ; looking into the face of death
thirty-three ; nothing but a dream
thirty-four ; i found love
thirty-five ; where do we go from here
thirty-six ; you never felt like home
ā” ACT THREE
thirty-seven ; my happy ending
thirty-eight ; lucky me
thirty-nine ; a deal with the fallen angel
forty ; you can't save her
forty-one ; nothing but a guilty conscious
forty-two ; there goes the ticking bomb
forty-three ; what's family for?
forty-four ; the road to forgiveness and control
forty-five ; you will all burn
forty-six ; another team in the race
forty-seven ; odd desire
forty-eight ; his epic love
forty-nine ; the least of your concerns
fifty ; love and hate, katerina
vii. š–™š–š–†š–“š– š–žš–”š–š
BOOK THREE

thirty-two ; only one

6.3K 240 260
By wickedivory

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter thirty-two ━ only one

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ she understands him ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

sixty votes and sixty comments for the next chapter!

THE CANDLES WERE glowing bright, the fire illuminating the room. Her magic was running through her veins, burning her. Melody reveled in the feeling even though there was a concentrated look on her face. She kept her lips together, focusing on the map in front of her and nothing else. Everything was silent, peaceful. If she didn't know any better, she would've said that there wasn't anyone else in the room. But then came the sound of pacing footsteps.

In an irritated manner, the fairytale woman opened one eye to look at her boyfriend who paced back and forth in front of her. "Klaus I swear if you do not sit your ass down I will make you. You are ruining my mojo." 

He stopped, giving her a look, then gestured towards the map. "Last I checked, you were skilled in magic. What is taking so long."

"Patience," she snapped back. "I'm not a wizard from Harry Potter. This takes time, silence, and a nice warm brownie." Klaus rolled his eyes and she groaned. "I've been craving chocolate all morning alright? It is a girl thing." She closed her eye and held her hand back over the map. "Now shush, your amazing girlfriend has to concentrate."

There were no interruptions after that. He had sat down in front of the table, watching as her nose scrunched up, her hands beginning to move as she found a location. It was truly interesting how her magic worked compared to ordinary witches like his mother. Melody was different, unique. The way she could make a fireball appear in her hands without a second thought amazed him. Never in a thousand years and he met someone so interesting and strong.

"You are staring," she spoke up in a singsong voice, smiling with her eyes closed.

He was a bit embarrassed that he was caught but played it off. "I was merely studying."

"Whatever you say." Suddenly, the candles went out and the thickness in the air vanished. Melody opened her eyes to look at him. "They are in a small city not too far from Mystic Falls. Esther must want to stay close. Shouldn't be hard to find them. We will just have to follow the smell of trash."

The brunette closed the map and then realized that Klaus hadn't responded. She looked up at him with a raised eyebrow. "You alright?" He had a look she couldn't decipher and that irked her. Usually, she was good at reading people. But not Klaus Mikaelson.

"Why are you helping me?" he asked for what seemed like the hundredth time. "Why are you even with me?"

"Because you are hot." Then she laughed to let him know she was just joking. "I'm kidding. You are but that's obviously not the reason. I'm helping you because I'm beginning to trust you and we have similar lives. Believe it or not, I do care about you." She took a deep breath, looking serious. "And I don't say those words easily so feel privileged."

Melody stood up and he followed soon after her. Klaus sent her a tiny smirk. "Hot huh?"

She rolled her eyes playfully, not bothering to point out that that was the only thing he got out of her answer. "Oh yeah. But not as hot as me." She winked at him, leaning over the table to press a kiss on his cheek. "Now come on. We can't let the trash get too smelly."

That time he chuckled. They exited the house, getting into his car. Melody took out the GPS, already punching in the address of the city. Naples. Klaus started the car and soon, they were off. It was silent for the first ten minutes before she spoke up, "Well look at us. Another road trip." She smiled at the irony and he did too. "And you manage to drag me along every single time."

"It's only because I'm hot."

Melody laughed aloud. "Klaus! No way. Did Niklaus Mikaelson just make a joke?" She held a hand to her heart. "Oh dear, the world is ending!" He shook his head with a chuckle. It felt nice being side by side with her. Because it relaxed him, made him feel happy and he wasn't alone. The woman never made him feel alone.

———

Finn was the first one they found. He was casually strolling down the sidewalk, hands in his pockets, blending in with the humans. Melody went first, smirking wickedly once she reached his side. "Hello, there traitor."

He glanced down at her and then sighed, focusing on the path in front of him again. "Hello, Melody. If you are here, I can assume that Niklaus is not far."

The said hybrid appeared on the other side of him, smirking as well. "You assume correctly. How could I allow such a beauty to travel alone or to be by her lonesome." She rolled her eyes at that but was secretly flattered. However, she wouldn't admit to it. Ever so stubborn. "We are not here to chat. We will ask you one time though, where's my mother?"

"Gone to find another way to end our abominable lives. And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again."

"Harsh," Melody responded with a fake wince. "Do you really hate living so much? It is quite sad. Because while you are here, wanting to die, there is someone out there fighting to stay alive. And the fact that you would risk your entire family is selfish."

Finn looked surprised at her little speech. Klaus, however, was smug listening to her words. "Isn't she just stunning?" He looked at her and she gave him a playful look. "Now, we do require your assistance."

The Original in between them wasn't so swooned by her, now annoyed. "I have no wish to help either of you. Only to see you both dead."

Melody mouthed the word ouch. The hybrid still found the entire thing hilarious. "Right, well, that's the thing; you see you won't be able to see me dead, because if I die, then you die. So, wish unfulfilled, I'm afraid."

She smiled at that, giving Finn a nod. "He's right. You got to be alive to see it happen. Shame, you'll die with unfinished business."

"Oh, bother someone else with your hollowed charms, little lost girl."

As soon as the nickname was spoken, Melody lost it, using her magic to move them to the alleyway where Rebekah waited patiently. She pushed Finn against the wall, making sure to cast a sound spell so no one could hear before touching his arm, burning his skin. The Original screamed in pain. Klaus was smirking from behind her, enjoying the show while Rebekah was fighting a smile. 

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. That. Am I clear?" Without waiting for an answer, the fairytale woman shoved him as she moved away. "You may have a death wish, fine, but no way am I letting you take them down. And I'm going to make you regret it." Melody flicked her wrist, throwing him against the wall so he fell to the ground, crumpled.

Rebekah nodded, smiling. "Good job, Melody." She turned to look at her, smiling back. "You certainly never fail to impress." The female didn't notice the adoration that was attached to her words. Klaus did but said nothing of it.

"Yes well I try," Melody told her with that same grin. "Sorry that I took your moment."

The blonde didn't care in the slightest. "I don't mind."

———

Getting Finn back to the mansion was a challenge and yet they managed to toss him into the foyer, the three standing behind him. He stood up, glaring furiously. "You can't force me to help you."

Klaus had that knowing look. "Oh, I most likely could, but why force when I can persuade?" He gestured his hand to the staircase where Sage was walking down, a wide smile of her face at the sight of him. Finn was in shock, calling her name before they ran into each other's embrace. Melody found herself smiling as well. Now that was something she wanted.

"What do you know, true love prevails," Rebekah sighed, looking a bit jealous that her brothers had love she didn't. Now to mention that the girl she had grown fond of was with one of those said brothers.

The hybrid received a text from Kol, speaking while he replied. "It does occasionally have its uses. Easier than torturing him."

"I have something to do." She looked over to Melody who was still watching the scene. "What do you need from me for this spell?"

The brunette turned her head. "If it works. My magic should break Esther's since they are different forms but we'll see. All I'll need is a vial of your blood. You aren't staying?"

Rebekah shook her head. "I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore. Ask Sage what he did to me. Then you'll understand why retribution is in order." She left without another word, making Melody raise an eyebrow in question. Whatever Damon did was obviously not good from the sounds of it. Then again, when did Damon ever do something good? She didn't bother thinking of an instant.

"I'll go start on the spell," the Mills finally said to Klaus before going in the direction of the living room where she had done the locator spell. She opened the case which held the blood vials, all of them there except for Finn's, Rebekah's, and Klaus's. When she began setting the candles up again, flicking her wrist to light them all at once, footsteps sounded through the room.

She looked up to see Rebekah walking in with a vial of her blood. "This should do the trick. Let me know if you need anything else." Just like that, the Originals was leaving. 

Melody spoke up, concerned for her friend. "Rebekah wait!" She walked to the doorway and grabbed her arm gently. "Hey, what did Damon do?" From the look on her face, she instantly knew that her previous thoughts were right.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does," she insisted. "Look, I don't mean to pressure you so if you don't want to tell me, that's fine. At least take this." Melody let go of her arm and handed her a clear bottle with a dark liquid. "It is dreamshade from Neverland. Deadly to humans, makes them hallucinate, and depending on the amount used, it could kill them fast or slow."

Rebekah took the poison, a smirk on her face. "Thank you." Before she left, she answered her question. "Oh and he used me, so did Sage."

Melody nodded, her jaw clenched. "Then I suggest a small dosage, not too big, not too small." Her lips quirked into a grin. "He'll die slower." They parted ways and the fairytale woman went over to the table with the blood, laying it down with the others. She sat criss-cross, sighing.

Deep down, she knew that these things she was doing for the Mikaelsons were making her heart black. But did she care? Not at all. Because they meant something to her and she was going to help in any way she could. It was humorous how she had ventured to Mystic Falls to see new sights. And yet she ended in taking up residence in the town and going on another adventure, one that didn't seem to be ending anytime soon. Did she care? Not at all.

Eventually, Finn came in to deliver his blood, leaving only Klaus. The hybrid entered the room. "How is the spell coming along?" He was used to hearing chanting but he reminded himself that Melody didn't need to. All she had to do was shut her eyes, focus, and then the spell was done.

"Alright I guess," she replied smoothly. "I've never done an unlinking spell before and I'm trying to be careful just in case me tampering with the spell kills you all." Right after she answered him, a scream emitted from another room. It was obviously Damon and Melody cracked a smile. "Seems as though Rebekah used to dreamshade."

Klaus rose an eyebrow. "So you gave her that?"

"Mhm. I keep a bottle on me on just in case." She extended her hand to him. "Hand please." He did so and she took out a knife, cutting along his hand and then twisting it so the blood dripped in a glass. Once she let go, Klaus pulled his hand back. Melody took a deep breath, grabbing all of the vials and then a wooden bowl. "Let's pray that this works and I don't screw up."

He still stood there, certainty clouding his eyes. "I'm sure you will succeed."

She sent him a nervous smile. Her hands were shaking a bit as she mixed all of the vials of blood together in the bowl. If she screwed this up, every vampire in existence would die. And she would never forgive herself, ever. The next thing she did was pour the blood from the bowl onto the table. While she despised the word soulmate, if Klaus were to die, she would lose her soulmate. Never again would she have love because he was her love. Just thinking it didn't make it real. She still didn't believe it.

Melody hovered her hands over the blood, shutting her eyes. Her magic burned hotter than it ever had before, indicating a powerful spell. She kept her breath steady. And to help, she thought of it as archery. Steady, aim, release. "Why am I doing this?" she said aloud, remembering something Gold had told her before. "To save the people I care about." Klaus watched her with curiosity, watching the blood disperse into five different circles. "Who am I protecting? The Mikaelsons."

The flames of the candles flared up as the blood separated further. She squeezed her eyes closed, tighter as she held her hands steady, giving the spell her all. And then like with the locator spell, the thickness in the air was cut off, the candles went out, and Melody's eyes opened with a gasp escaping her lips.

"I did it." She looked shocked as she moved her head up to look at him. "I did it." The female grinned, jumping up and wrapping her arms around his neck with a giddy laugh. Klaus was taken aback before he hesitantly hugged back, smiling at her happiness.

"I told you, love. Melody Mills never fails."

———

Melody stood in the doorway of the room where the ball had taken place, watching Damon hang there, bloody and beaten. His head hung low but he knew she was there from the way he laughed painfully. "Come to enjoy the show, lost girl?"

"That's what you get for messing with a woman," she told him, face expressionless compared to how not even ten minutes ago she was dancing around the living room with excitement for completely a difficult spell. "You deserve this. Say, didn't you abuse and use Caroline once?" 

He looked up at her with a tired look to see her still not showing any emotion. "I still can't believe you sided with them."

"And I still can't believe that you think I'll side with you and your brother after what you did." She pushed herself through the doorway, approaching him. "Before you start spouting nonsense, check the facts, Damon. The Mikaelsons are family and deserve to be happy. Getting rid of them isn't going to be as easy as Elena Gilbert switching between you and Stefan."

She smiled sarcastically at him, spinning to see Stefan there, having heard the entire thing. "Oh look at what we have here, a hero." She glared at him distastefully before calling out, "Klaus!"

The hybrid entered the room, Rebekah following. Both held a smirk directed toward her. And Melody knew why. They heard what she said as well. They stood on either side of the fairytale woman, watching as Stefan deposited the duffel bag onto the floor. 

He looked at the three. "I'm here to make a deal. Eight stakes made of white oak. The part of Wickery Bridge that you forgot to burn."

"That's impossible," Rebekah pointed out. She was sure she had burned all of what was left. Apparently not. Klaus shot her a look.

"Actually it's not," Stefan shrugged. "Finn is dead."

The news settled and Melody's eyes widened. No. Sure she didn't like him but that didn't mean that he didn't deserve happiness like the rest of his siblings. Esther and Mikael were the ones who needed to burn, not Finn. He was finally happy with his love and now, he was dead.

Rebekah was in shock, tears in her eyes. Klaus tensed. He didn't say anything that said he was angry, he didn't need to. Melody could tell. Stefan stayed calm. "Damon in exchange for the last eight weapons that can kill you."

"And how do I know there aren't any more left?" Klaus questioned. Stefan told him that there weren't but none of them trusted his word, not anymore. "Let's be certain, shall we?" He went over to Damon, compelling him. "Leave. Go home."

The vampire was pale from the Dreamshade, weak but strong enough to start doing what he was compelled to do. Damon started to pull a wrist out from the snares, peeling the flesh off of it in the process. He screamed in pain and Melody shut her eyes, blocking out the noise.

Klaus didn't seem to notice, too involved in taking out his anger. "Alright, stop, stop, stop, before you hurt yourself. Well, seeing that he can finally be compelled. Now." He grabbed Damon's throat and compelled him again. "Minus the stake that's in my brother, how many more stakes are out there that can kill me?"

"Eleven."

She opened her eyes to scowl at Stefan who finally showed emotion. Defeat. Melody shook her head. "Shouldn't have lied, Stefan. It doesn't do you any good." There was a tad bit of concern but it was unrecognizable to everyone in the room. It was barely there.

"I'll get you the other three," he vowed.

"Yeah, that'll be nice," Klaus said sarcastically. "Or since you lied, maybe I'll just compel your brother to chew out his own tongue." Melody turned to look at him. He was angry because of Finn but wouldn't admit to it. She kept silent as Stefan asked the hybrid what was wrong with him. "What is wrong with you?! Do you really have no appreciation for me? I have given you someone to hate, to loathe, a target for all of your anger; so you don't have to turn it on yourself. I have given your life purpose, as your friend." He laughed. "I really think you should be thanking me."

Melody finally spoke up, whispering, "Klaus."

Before he could so much as begin to turn his head to look back at her, Stefan sped to Klaus and pinned him against a wall with a white oak stake in hand. She was quick to act, using her magic to appear right behind Stefan, aiming one of the white oak stakes from the bag at his back. "Do it, I dare you." The Salvatore backed down, loosening his grip on the stake so Klaus could grab it from him.

She stepped back away from him at the same time Rebekah spoke up. "This is ridiculous." The blonde went over to Damon and released him from the traps. He fell to his knees, weak from the Dreamshade. 

Klaus walked over to his sister. "What are you doing?"

"I brought him here. I get to release him. My rules now." She looked at Stefan. "Bring us the stakes and you both live. Take your brother as a sign of good faith." Without another word again, the Original picked up the duffel bag and left the room.

Melody crossed her arms over her chest, eyeing Stefan. Klaus heaved a sigh, looking at him as well. "Bring us the stakes. All of them. Or I will wage a war against everyone you love. I hope I'm being clear." He began to leave, only turning back to look at her. She glanced at Stefan one last time before following him.

———

The argument between Rebekah and Klaus was hard to listen to but she did, standing outside of the room. Melody stood there as the two spoke of Finn's death. The female Original obviously was hurt at the fact that her brother was dead. Klaus was too but didn't show it. He probably never would.

"Fine. Let's all say a prayer for Finn, who slept in a box longer than he lived as a man. He was a lovesick fool. He's better off in death."

Her head snapped up to stare at the door. She felt her jaw go slack at his words. Now that, that was harsh but there was obviously that twinge of pain, a silent pleading for someone to stay, that he didn't mean what he said. Klaus Mikaelson was a complicated man.

"The Salvatores may fight like dogs, but in the end they would die for each other," Rebekah told the hybrid. "At least they know what family means. You destroyed ours."

"I wanted a family." Melody sighed sadly, wanting nothing but to open the doors and tell him that he was wrong. So she waited, listening. "They just didn't want me, and now we're unlinked we're no longer responsible for each other."

Rebekah, inside of the parlor room, was shaking her head at him with disbelief. "So are you leaving?"

He didn't even glance her way. "As soon as I get my stakes, I'm gone. I'm gonna take Elena, Melody, and use the doppelganger blood to create a new family. Of hybrids."

"And if I choose to stay?"

"Then you're just as pathetic as Finn."

Rebekah didn't stick around after that, tears in her eyes as she left the room, bypassing Melody who stood right beside the door. The brunette watched her leave the house in a flash, biting her lip before she pushed herself off the wall, entering the parlor room. Klaus smashed the glass of bourbon in his hands, throwing it at the newly built wall.

She walked over to him slowly, standing right behind him. If Melody were anyone else, they would've yelled at him, told him how what he said was wrong. They would've questioned him about how much he cared about his hybrids. But she didn't. Instead, the fairytale woman reached him and wrapped her arms around his waist, setting her chin on his shoulder.

Not a single word was spoken. Klaus moved one of his hands to her's, intertwining their fingers. He was quiet, afraid of showing her affection. But he knew that she was an angel sent to stay with him. He knew that the angel understood him better than anyone else.

———

I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I lost motivation for a bit and I was working on completely another story of mine. But, Melody is back! Hopefully, this chapter with the fluff at the beginning made up for it! Let me know your thoughts! Anyways, I hope you guys have a great day/night! :)

What did you think about the Kelody moment at the start of the chapter? What do you think of Melody protecting the Mikaelsons? What did you think of that last part of this chapter?

I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

( credit : @pepperronys )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 831 26
"That's where you're wrong little brother. Someone sitting in this very room happens to have shared a bathroom with him growing up." "Miss Athena Mik...
21K 465 25
Margot also known as God herself decides to take a vacation. She chooses Mystic Falls
246K 7.1K 52
ā” š€š‹š–š€š˜š’ š‡š„š‘. ā› she will never be her's āœ in which melody mills never fell in love with klaus mikaelson and instead moved to new orleans ...