โœ“ 2. | FIX HER โžธ KLAUS MIKAEL...

By wickedivory

โ” ๐…๐ˆ๐— ๐‡๐„๐‘. โ› she saved him and he saved her โœ in which melody mills is now eighteen and decides to exp... More

o. ๐–‰๐–Ž๐–˜๐–ˆ๐–‘๐–†๐–Ž๐–’๐–Š๐–—
i. ๐–™๐–—๐–†๐–Ž๐–‘๐–Š๐–—
ii. ๐–Ž๐–“๐–™๐–—๐–”๐–‰๐–š๐–ˆ๐–™๐–Ž๐–”๐–“
iii. ๐–Š๐–๐–™๐–Š๐–“๐–‰๐–Š๐–‰ ๐–˜๐–š๐–’๐–’๐–†๐–—๐–ž
iv. ๐–Š๐–•๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–—๐–†๐–•๐–
v. ๐–ˆ๐–†๐–˜๐–™ ๐–‘๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™
vi. ๐–•๐–‘๐–†๐–ž๐–‘๐–Ž๐–˜๐–™
โ” ACT ONE
one ; vampires, witches, and doppelgangers, oh my
two ; the "protect elena" gang
three ; nightmare at the carnival
four ; you trust me, i'll trust you
six ; in the shadows
seven ; this thing called time
eight ; the truth is buried down below
nine ; curiosity killed the cat, but its stubbornness brought it back
ten ; roses for an angel
eleven ; the greatest
twelve ; i was just like you once
thirteen ; not so damsel in distress
fourteen ; the dinner disaster
fifteen ; uneasy bonding
sixteen ; of all my mistakes
seventeen ; hello, goodbye
eighteen ; life choices
nineteen ; my choice, don't stop me
twenty ; the day her life changed
โ” ACT TWO
twenty-one ; trust is the key to friendship
twenty-two ; a curse called loneliness
twenty-three ; a shiny glass cup of trust
twenty-four ; broken hearts, shattered trust
twenty-five ; enemies who became friends
twenty-six ; loyalty, my love
twenty-seven ; the angel in the devil's playground
twenty-eight ; stories written in tattoos
twenty-nine ; the sea of bad memories
thirty ; whispering confessions
thirty-one ; looking into the face of death
thirty-two ; only one
thirty-three ; nothing but a dream
thirty-four ; i found love
thirty-five ; where do we go from here
thirty-six ; you never felt like home
โ” ACT THREE
thirty-seven ; my happy ending
thirty-eight ; lucky me
thirty-nine ; a deal with the fallen angel
forty ; you can't save her
forty-one ; nothing but a guilty conscious
forty-two ; there goes the ticking bomb
forty-three ; what's family for?
forty-four ; the road to forgiveness and control
forty-five ; you will all burn
forty-six ; another team in the race
forty-seven ; odd desire
forty-eight ; his epic love
forty-nine ; the least of your concerns
fifty ; love and hate, katerina
vii. ๐–™๐–๐–†๐–“๐– ๐–ž๐–”๐–š
BOOK THREE

five ; suit of armor

9.8K 364 153
By wickedivory

:・゚☆。•:・゚☆。•

chapter fivesuit of armor

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

❝ her eyes held daggers ❞

━━━━★✼☆。━━━━

IT WAS JUST like old times. Melody remembered the days when she and her family would have picnics. Sometimes they would have one at the beach, the empty meadow in the woods near the house, or simply in the backyard, using the porch to eat and the yard to play games. The memories were fresh and it made her smile as she helped Jenna because Elena was busy.

Melody poured the chips into the bowl as she spoke to Jenna. "Thanks for letting Elena invite me and Caroline. Things have been crazy lately; we could use a day of distraction."

Jenna smiled and walked over, leaning on the counter next to her. "Well, you two are not the ones I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?"

"Because apparently, Alaric is a pity taker," Melody laughed. "Damon probably would've invited himself, or Elena would've."

"That is the sad truth."

They both laughed that time and Mason walked in, with a bottle and some glasses. "Good news! I found the shot glasses!"

Melody smiled at them. "I have to take a call. I'll be right back." She left the room, stepping onto the porch, sitting in one of the chairs. The brunette got out her phone and pressed Stefan's contact. "Hey. I was wondering if you got my message about Jenna's barbecue? And I have a bad feeling. Call me when you get the chance."

She hung up and Caroline arrived, sitting in the chair that was on the other side of the table that was between the two chairs, holding a bowl of chips. "Is that Stefan?" she questioned, referring to Melody's call.

The fairytale woman nodded. "Yeah, I tried to call him earlier, but he didn't answer. And I have a bad feeling. It's kinda my superpower."

Caroline took a chip and started eating. "I'm sure he's fine." Melody raised an eyebrow as the newly turned vampire continued to eat. "God! I cannot stop eating. Stefan says it's a great way to sublimate the cravings. It's horrible just fighting the urge for blood every minute of every day."

Melody shook her head, sighing. "I know. I can't imagine what it feels like."

"Yeah, it sucks. Stefan also said that he hates that Elena's a constant temptation."

The brunette did a double-take. "He said that?"

Caroline nodded. "The desire to rip out her jugular every time he's with her? Trust me, it's there. It's why I had to break up with Matt."

She frowned at her words. Before she could say anything, Alaric walked onto the porch and called to them. "Hey! Food's ready, come get it."

The blonde got up. "Finally, I'm starving."

Melody laughed with a shake of her head, following her into the house. But in the pit of her stomach, she still had a bad feeling. And her magic was telling her that something was up. So she listened.

———

A disaster was one name for it. Tragic was definitely another. They were playing Pictionary, something Melody had played with her family on numerous occasions. And she enjoyed teaching Pan, Felix, Robin, and Killian the game. It was humous though because all her dad did was draw something to do with pirates and then Hook would draw something to do with a flying boy or something to do with Pan's personality. 

Damon was up and he was drawing what looked like a wolf with a tutu. Jenna was extremely enthusiastic, pointing at it. "Dress! Ballerina!" she shouted

"Puppy! Puppy with a tutu!" Caroline guessed, trying to figure it out.

"No, no," Damon told them, continuing to draw.

Melody smiled. "A dog?" Deep down she had a feeling of what it was, though she didn't say what she thought it was. Damon was playing a dangerous game but it seemed as though he wanted the uncle to know that they were onto him and knew what he was.

"Dances with Wolves," Mason answered.

Everyone looked over at him to see him casually sitting on the couch, glaring at the vampire.

"Mason wins...again," Damon smirked.

Melody shook her head, laughing at Damon's idiotic plan.

Jenna squinted as she stared at the picture. "How is that a wolf?" She gestured toward it as the eldest Salvatore left the room. The aunt got up as well, going to get some drinks. Caroline got a text from Elena so she left. And Alaric used the excuse that Jenna needed help in the kitchen so he was gone too. Melody was left with Mason and she rolled her eyes.

"Damon's not very discreet," he spoke up, sitting up straight.

Melody turned her head to look at him, playing the innocent card. "What do you mean?"

"You know exactly what I mean. I've heard about you, you're the talk of the town really. A strange girl comes to Mystic Falls, no family or friends."

She scoffed, offended by the assumption. "I have family thank you very much. And I've made some friends here; everyone back in my town was my family, not my friends. So I suggest that you don't say those sort of things about me."

"I admire that."

The female shook her head, rolling her eyes again. "Are you honestly flirting with me?"

Mason shrugged. "So what if I am?"

The brunette stood up and glared. "I'm not interested. Now back off."

She got up and left the room, walking into the kitchen where Damon was holding a silver knife. Melody went over to him and raised an eyebrow, leaning over to him, speaking in a lowered voice. "Is that what I think it is?" He looked over at her with a smirk, indicating that it was. "Whatever you're planning, I want in."

Damon nodded, handing her the plate of pie. "Why don't we start on the pie?" Jenna overheard and called to Mason and Alaric (who had just gone back into the room). Melody realized that Elena was nowhere to be found, but didn't speak up.

Mason and Alaric walked in and they both sat at the table in the dining room slash kitchen area. Melody brought over the plate of pie and set it down, the silver knife on it. "Mason, why don't you start us off?" She pushed the plate in front of him.

He smiled at her, teasing slightly which made her want to snap his neck. "Sure." Mason looked at it and she and Damon watched as he turned the plate around from the silver and took the pie in his hands instead, putting it on his plate and eating a piece. "I apologize, I'm an animal."

Mason laughed and Melody tried to smile convincingly. Alaric laughed fakely to ease the tension. "So Mason, you and Jenna never dated?"

Damon sat down, pulling a chair out for Melody, who sat beside him as they both tried so hard not to just kill Mason on the spot.

"She was always lost in Logan Fell land," Mason replied with a chuckle.

Jenna smiled and walked over with beers, handing them all one. "My first mistake. Mason was a catch; he had girls lining up."

Damon couldn't help but sneak in a little private joke. "Really? I always pegged you as a lone wolf." Melody smirked behind her beer, taking a swig of it.

Mason played along. "I'm sure I wasn't half the lady killer you were." Her eyes widened at that, nearly choking on her drink. He took a sip of his beer and then held it up in the air. "How about a toast? To new friends."

They all raised their glasses, clinking them together. Damon was fuming beside the brunette and she patted him on the shoulder.

———

Melody was doing the dishes in the kitchen when Mason walked in. She looked over and rolled her eyes, turning her attention back to the dishes as she cleaned. It wasn't often she cleaned but back in StoryBrooke they would rotate to make it fair since Mary Margaret always got stuck doing them."

He leaned against the counter. "Jenna just brought out Guitar Hero. Might be time to mutiny!"

"I'm good. I think I'm just going to clean up," she responded, shutting off the sink and turning around to face him with her arms crossing over her chest, her sign that she was irritated that he wouldn't leave her alone.

Mason put his hands up. "Okay, look, I'm sorry for how I acted earlier, it wasn't right. I apologize if I made you upset in any way."

"Thank you, I appreciate your apology. I'll take it, but I think it's best if we don't ever talk again."

She went to leave when Mason stopped her. "Come on. You don't think I know what this barbecue is about?"

Melody turned to him, not understanding why he couldn't just leave her be. She didn't actually think he was interested, that much she positive about. Why bother being nice then? "How do you know about Damon? Your brother was completely clueless according to him."

He pointed at her, taking a few steps toward her. "Now see, that doesn't matter. But it is interesting as to how you know. I'm not your enemy, Melody."

She scoffed. "You tried to kill Stefan, who's my friend."

"That was a mistake."

"Oh really?" she challenged, taking a step to him, letting him know that she would not be pushed around. She wasn't going to allow him to mess with her or use her for information.

Mason shook his head. "There was confusion; I couldn't chain myself up in time. I have no control once I shift."

The fairytale woman, leaned against the counter, smirking at him. "What? No one trained you to be a good little dog?"

"I'm serious. Let's not spark some age-old feud that you don't need to be a part of."

Melody took a step toward him. "I can take care of myself. But how can you honestly think that Damon and I could believe that you are in Mystic Falls because you, what, like the booze? Are the girls here your type?"

He gave her a look. "I lost my brother, my nephew lost his father. I'm here for my family. Let's be above this."

The wolf didn't let her respond as he turned around and left. Melody looked over at the silverware set and grabbed a knife from it with a glare. If Emma had taught her one thing, it was how to tell when people were lying.

———

The party was over not long after that. When it did end, Melody and Damon followed Mason to the Grill. Once the werewolf got out of his car, they went over and he saw them.

"Damon? Melody? What? More dog jokes?" he guessed with a smile.

"Nah, those got old," Damon told him with a wave of his hand.

He flashed over to Mason and stabbed him with the silver knife Melody had given him. Melody smirked, walking over to his car. She dropped the tail of it. Damon followed her and Mason struggled to get the knife out of his chest. But then he did and laughed slightly.

Damon and his new friend turned to him, watching wide-eyed as he stood up and walked toward them. "You know, I think it was werewolves who started this whole silver myth. Probably for moments like this."

Mason closed the tail of the car and the other two started to back away. The brunette sighed. "Duly noted," she told him, flexing her fingers, ready to use her magic.

"I was really looking forward to the last call," he replied. He walked closer as if he were getting ready to attack them. But he stopped. "Now you made an enemy."

The werewolf turned around and walked away. Damon grabbed Melody's arm, dragging her away before she started shooting fireballs at the werewolf. "We screwed up didn't we?" he questioned.

"Yes, yes we did," she responded, watching the car vanish from their line of sight.

———

Damon had sped the rest of the way, dropping Melody off while he went to the Grill to drink away their failure. Melody had gone upstairs and got ready for the night when there was a knock at the door. She turned to see Stefan.

"Hey," he greeted, walking into the room. She replied to same back and sat on the bed. "Look, I, uh, got you a little something."

Melody went red with embarrassment. "Stefan—"

"It's ok, you don't have to feel bad. I was on my way back when I saw this, I thought about you even though I have no idea why." 

He handed her a box and she took it. Melody opened it, gasping in shock. She brought it out and held the black leather jacket in her hands. The vampire smiled as he added, "I know that your past was rough and I know you have to deal with it every single day. And I don't want you to feel like you can't show your true emotions because of it. So this can protect you. This jacket can be your armor."

A tear fell down her cheek as she thought of Emma's red leather jacket. The blonde had told her that she got the jacket from something who told her something similar to what Stefan had said to her. Melody put it on, standing up, seeing how it fit. She looked up at Stefan and wiped her tear. "Thank you."

Stefan smiled back. "You're welcome." They stood there for a moment before Stefan spoke up again. "I bet you're tired from the day you've had. I'll let you sleep."

They smiled at each other once more. The youngest Salvatore left the room, closing the door on his way out. Melody took off the jacket and looked at it with a teary smile.

Stefan had given her her own piece of armor.

———

This chapter might have been short but that last part was so cute, I can't. And no, Stefan and Melody aren't going to get together. I just want Stefan to kinda be like Hook in a way now that Melody isn't in StoryBrooke anymore. So Stefan is going to be looking after her just like Hook did. I hope you guys have a great day/night and don't forget to vote on this chapter, comment your thoughts, and follow me for updates!

( credit : @pepperronys )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

813K 22.2K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
40.9K 812 35
๐ƒ๐ข๐ซ๐ญ๐ฒ ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐๐ž๐š๐ฎ๐ญ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ƒ๐ž๐š๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐‚๐จ๐ฆ๐›๐ข๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง Two people who were called an abomination cross...
48.8K 1K 18
A foster child, Olivia, befriended Luka who moved to mystic falls with his father. He had told her he was a witch and about the whole supernatural go...
5.8K 129 12
The Mikaelson twin have stuck together through thick and thin. Niklaus and Nikole went to mystic falls to break their curse, but they start to fall f...