One Step Closer (Zayn Malik F...

By Harlot4Harrington

What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when sh... More

Chapter 1 --- The Start To Something New
Chapter 2 -- No Turning Back
Chapter 3 -- The Wild Card
Chapter 4 -- The Awards
Chapter 5 -- Here We Go
Chapter 6 -- The Realization
Chapter 7 -- Finishing It Off
Chapter 8 -- It's Just A Little Crush
Chapter 9 -- He Finally Asked
Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember
Chapter 11 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 12 -- The Performance of a Lifetime
Chapter 13 -- Homecoming
Chapter 14 -- Up Up and Away
Chapter 15 -- Come With Us
Chapter 16 -- A Night Out
Chapter 17 -- You're Gonna Regret that Horan
Chapter 18 -- Sister's or Foes?
Chapter 19 -- Gone Without a Goodbye
Chapter 20 -- Finding Her
Chapter 21 -- Taking A Step Back
Chapter 22 -- The Confrontation
Chapter 23 -- Come Back To Me
Chapter 24 -- Hospital Round Dos
Chapter 25 -- I'll Be Coming Back For You
Chapter 26 -- Together Again
Chapter 27 -- Date Night
Chapter 28 --I'll Protect You
Chapter 29 -- Taken
Chapter 30 -- He Finally Got Me
Chapter 31 -- Safe At Last
Chapter 32 -- What Love Is All About
Chapter 33 -- Home is Where the Heart Is
Chapter 34 -- I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Chapter 35 -- Nothing Like Us
Chapter 36 -- Let's Get A Move On
Chapter 37 -- Punta Cana
Chapter 38 -- A New Single
Chapter 39 -- All Your Little Things
Chapter 40 -- Stay Away
Chapter 41 -- Heart Attack
Chapter 42 -- Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 43 -- You Didn't Mean It
Chapter 44 -- Times Like These
Chapter 45 -- What A Surprise
Chapter 46 -- London Calling
Chapter 47 -- New Years Eve ; NYC
Chapter 48 -- Catching Up
Chapter 49 -- A Year in the Making - April
Chapter 50 -- You're Mine
Chapter 51 -- Welcome to the Family
Chapter 52 -- It's All Because Of Magic
Chapter 53 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 54 -- The Aftermath
Chapter 55 -- Never Been Hurt
Chapter 56 -- Right Now
Chapter 57 -- It's A Simple I Do
Chapter 58 -- A Day in the Life of Being Married
Chapter 59 -- Baby on Board
Chapter 60 -- A Bundle Of Joy
Chapter 61 -- And Un To Us A Child Was Born
Chapter 62 -- Welcome Home
Chapter 63 -- Daddy And His Little Princess
Chapter 64 -- Some Alone Time
Chapter 65 -- Babysitting
Chapter 66 -- We Are One Family
Chapter 67 -- A Little Trip
Favor :))

Epilogue -- The End Of The Road

451 26 3
By Harlot4Harrington

Lola's P.O.V.

So I guess your decisions change as you grow older. Zayn said he would never stop getting tattoos, he wanted one every month, but he hasn't got one since Ceci was born. I said I would never want another kid, well that was the joke of the century. That day at the park Zayn and I decided to have another baby but it wasn't until Ceci was three when Zayn and I received the news that I was pregnant again and Zayn and I were both 25. The nine months flew by and within a blink of an eye my beautiful baby boy was born, who looks identical to Zayn. We decided to name him Zayn Javadd Malik Jr. and we call him ZJ for short. No one would ever guess that Ceci and ZJ are siblings because Ceci has my looks and ZJ has Zayn's looks which makes them look completely opposite. A little after ZJ was born, the boys officially called it quits and One Direction ended. Liam, Harry, Louis, and Niall all headed back to England and they visit every so often. It was hard for Ceci to adjust to it because she had grown up with them for three years and then they were all gone. It's been almost a year since I've seen Liam, Harry Niall, and Louis. They became so busy with their own lives that it's hard for them to visit. I'm currently outside, watching Ceci play around in her little playground and ZJ is laying on a blanket fiddling with his baby toys. As I was watching my daughter run around and laugh, I felt two arms snake around my waist, making me fall back into them.

"I have a surprise for you." he whispered into my ear.

I cocked my head a little bit and when I turned around I saw Liam, Niall, Louis, and Harry standing there with their arms wide open.

"We missed you Lola." Liam said, being the first to break the silence. My eyes watered and I ran towards them and they pulled me in for a huge group hug.

"I've missed you guys so much." I said as I pulled away.

"We've missed you so much too Lola." Niall said and kissed my cheek.

"Louis, there's someone over there who would love to see you." I smiled.

His smile grew big and he walked a little closer to the kids.

"Ceci!" he hollered. I watched as my daughter put down her toy and looked around for the voice that said her name. When she spotted Louis she squealed and Louis ran towards her and scooped her up in his arms. I watched as Harry, Niall, and Liam walked closer and said their hellos to Ceci. Liam had picked ZJ up and carried him over to where Ceci and Louis were. Zayn and I stayed behind and watched as the boys played with our children.

"You know, for having two kids, you still look as hot as ever from behind." Zayn whispered in my ear. I laughed loudly and then sighed. I then felt his lips on my neck and I smiled.

"I'm glad your eyes still find me appealing." I said while turning around to face him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he rested his hands on my waist.

"My eyes will always find you appealing. You are absolutely gorgeous, and perfect to me. Even when we're old and gray, you will still be gorgeous to me." he said. I felt tears form in my eyes and then Zayn stroked my cheek.

"I still can't believe after all these years we've been together that you're actually mine." I said.

"I will always be yours. I've been yours since the day we met at the KCA's." he smiled.

I reminisced about the time when Zayn had spilled coffee on me and when I found out I would be sitting next to him at the KCA's.

"That was so long ago." I sighed.

"It really was. We were so young then." he said.

"I can't believe how fast time goes by. I feel like it was just yesterday when you asked me to be your girlfriend." I said.

"Best decision of my life." he smirked and planted a kiss on my lips.

"I love you. To infinity and beyond." he said.

"I love you too. Forever and Always." I said. He then leaned closer to me and kissed me like never before. When we broke away, I started feeling really dizzy and I looked around at everyone and everything and they slowly started to disappear. I ran towards the boys and my children but they disappeared within a second. I looked back at Zayn and cried.

"Zayn, what's going on?!" I hollered. I could barely see him and I reached out my hand for him and he grabbed mine.

"Don't worry Lola. Everything is going to be alright. This is just a glimpse into the future. Cecilia and ZJ will be born in time, but as for right now you need to return to the present. Go back to your family, your career, the younger version of yourself, and especially me. Wake up and return to me. You've seen our future so there is no reason to worry. We will have this all again someday. Just wait and you will slowly start to see everything fall into place. Our engagement, our marriage, and especially our children. Please don't be afraid. I will be waiting for you. All you need to do is wake up." he said.

"But Zayn I don't understand." I cried. He then put a hand on my cheek and stroked it.

"Please baby don't be afraid. You were having so many doubts about us that I needed to show you that we will always be together. Now wake up and come back to me." he whispered. I watched as he slowly started to disappear.

"Zayn, don't leave me please." I said.

"Just wake up sweetie. Wake up." he faintly said.

"Lola. Lola wake up. Come on Lola. It's time to go. Wake up." someone was faintly saying.

I felt someone shaking me and I could feel my eyes starting to flutter open. They then opened widely and I saw Zayn staring down at me.

"Zayn? Is that you?" I asked, while still in a daze.

"Who else would it be babe?" he laughed.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Five in the evening. You were out cold for the longest time. I was starting to get worried." he said while stroking my head. "I think you were just exhausted from the tour."

"What did we do yesterday?" I asked.

"Uh, your parents introduced us to Kye and we hung out with Danny and Ant." he said.

"Zayn I had the strangest dream. It was like my whole future was laid out for me." I explained.

"You dreamed that too?" he asked.

"Wait, you're telling me that you had the same dream?" I asked.

"Ya we were married and had two kids. Our whole future was showed to me in my dream." he explained.

"Okay this is too weird." I said and started rubbing my head.

"It's not really effecting me. It showed me that you and I are going to be together forever and that's all I need to keep me going. As long as I have you, I'm satifisfied." he said.

I looked up and smiled at him.

"I love you so much." I said. He then leaned down and kissed me on the lips.

"I love you too Lola." he said.

"Now come on. It's time to go. We have to get back on the bus and continue our tour." he said.

"But we've only been home for a day." I whined.

"That's the price we have to pay when we are famous." he said. "Come on."

I watched as Zayn held his hand out for me and I gladly took it and we entwined our fingers. I looked at him and smiled.

"Together?" I asked.

He instantly smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Together." he said.

As I got up, I moved closer to him and rested my head on his arm. I just kept thinking about how much I loved this boy and about what the future holds for us. I can't wait for the future. To be Mrs. Zayn Malik. To be the mother of two beautiful children. And to be the happiest I will ever be. I looked up at him and smiled as he looked down at me. He then leaned his face towards me and I pressed my lips to his.

"I love you Zayn." I said.

"And I love you Lola." he smiled and we kept walking.

The End.

And that's a wrap! Thank you sooooooooooooo much to all the people who started reading this fanfic when I first posted it last year. I'm so sorry it took me forever to post the finale of it. I appreciate everyone who voted and read my story. This was my first fanfic that I actually posted and it makes me sad knowing that it's over. If you really enjoyed my reading, I have two new fanfics since I started this one. I have one story called "Through The Dark" which is a Liam love story and also a brand new fanfic called "The Perfect Storm" which is a Niall love/tragedy story. Please check them out, it would mean a lot to me. My writing has improved so much since when I first started One Step Closer, so you'll probably enjoy the other two stories. And once again thanks to everyone who has stuck with me while writing this fanfic and voted and read my story! Love you all.

~ S xoxo

****Question! Would anyone be interested in me posting a Harry, or Louis fanfic? I have both but I'm not sure which one to post. Comment below and tell me your opinions! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 40.8K 58
[✓] ∥ "What do you fear most?" At my childish question, she smiles and looks down. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to stay there all...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
4.8K 161 38
"Katie?" I heard is faint voice whisper. "Can we still be friends?" He continues. "Are you serious!? After everything we've been through?" I start wa...
1.2K 71 14
He was her nightmare, but She was his dream. They had a problem showing their affection. She avoided him after everything he did to hurt her. Fate br...