Love, Truth, Freedom (KHR)

By BeautifulyCool

Well, it all started one day when I was out at the bookstore. My dad had let me go to the bookstore while he... More

The Day It All Began
My Hair!!
The First Day (Part 1)
The First Day (Part 2)
The First Day (Part 3)
The First Day (Part 4)
Coming Clean
Surprise
Woke Up And Confused
Woke Up And Confused (Hibari)
Any Ideas?
Shopping District
The Story
The New Bullies
The New Students
The Weapons
The Bulling
Dojo's Guests
First Day Of Ninja Tag Along
Questions
Explanation
After The Events
Chakra Training
~A Confession~
New Project
17 Today 💗 A/N
The Past To Present
Red Beans
AWKWARD! 😶
My First Fight
Hibari POV
Finally Finished Fans
Practice
Fun Lunch
Karaoke
The Project and...
Hostility
The Shark, The Lady
Unexpected Guests
The Dream
WELCOME TO YAY ME! WITH ALEX-SAN!
Primo Appears
A New Story
Tag Three
Unease
Leaving
I Have To
Attention KHR fans
Just Keep Moving
Determined
Accepted or Rejected?
Surprise Encounters
Mother - Daughter
Newbie "Training"
More Ninja?
Arrival
Surprises
》More Truth《
Tsuna POV
An Explanation
Because Of A Vote
Time To Engage
Time To Go
Conflicted
Mission: Another World
"New" People
American School
Wishes vs. Actions
Whose The Enemy
Tell Me Why
4 Mistakes
Breaking
Pink 'N' Red
Origin: Cervello
Please... Don't Leave Again
Awake
A Mission
Land of Waves
Mafia x Ninja
Rouges and Bakas
Freedom = Love & Truth
News!!!! News!!!!

A Sickening Feeling

220 4 11
By BeautifulyCool

Rolling over, I faced the window and the bright sunlight hit me in the face. I grimaced and moaned, turning to the other side. I tried to fall back asleep, but apparently my brain was working against my body or my will. 

My eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the light. When they were open some, I looked around my room, thinking of what I could do at all today. I want something to do, just to do, but, then again, I don't want to even leave my bed.

I sighed and sat up. I patted my hair, feeling the tangled mess of a bun on my head. Taking my hair down, I ran my fingers through my knots and gently untangled them. I looked to my side table and got my brush and proceeded with that, putting my hair into a temporary ponytail. Then, I got ready for my day.

I had two bowls of cereal this morning, thinking of today. I decided I'd go to work today. I could certainly put a smile on in that atmosphere. Being with smiling people made me want to smile. So, my smile would be half fake and half real. But, could I really do it? I didn't feel up to it at all. My life made a complete 180° turn when I got here. Then it flips on me when I just started adjusting. Today was a day I got more than enough sleep and everything just settled. My brain reminded me of what was going on. It fully processed everything now.

Maybe instead, I could join the others in their training. Squalo-San said he's not sure if he could train me or not. If he could, he'd call and I'd just tell Yamamoto Sensei I was leaving.

Finishing my breakfast, I checked the time. It was later than I'd been waking up lately, but, WAY earlier than I would be waking up in the other universe. I grabbed my snow white coat and left my home.

I started my walk to the shop, redoing my hair. I took it down and brushed my fingers through it again. It helps calm me and is relaxing to me. After a few minutes, I put my hair back up into a ponytail.

When I got there, I smiled as I went in, greeted by smiles and kind words in reply. I continued until I got to the kitchen in the back. Yamamoto Sensei was there getting a few things.

"Ahh. Emi-Chan. You're here today. Wonderful. Takeshi had something to do today so it's just you and I today. Let's work hard." he cheered as he went back out to the front with different fishes for his sushi.

"Yup. Here to work." I cheered, slightly dejected. He must have not heard my unenthusiastic reply because he continued to the front.

I sighed and went over to the corner and hung my coat on the hook and replaced it with an apron. I washed my hands after signing in and went out to the front, too.

It didn't start out very busy but, after about an hour and a half, it picked up a bit. Not to sound conceited, but I think some people were telling others I was here today so they came. Most of the people coming in tried to converse with me even though I had work. They are all very friendly but some, more than others, especially the older folk.

It was about lunch time and it steadied. Not too many people but a considerable amount. Everyone had their sushi and didn't seem to need anything so I sat by the counter for a second, needing to get off of my legs. The damages were starting to bother me.

I sat for a second and it really did help. Then someone entered. He looked around, not seeming pleased about anything. I walked up with as nice of a smile I could muster. It didn't take much. Being here, with so many smiling faces was exactly what I needed.

"Hi, sir. How may I help you? Where would you like to sit?" I asked and he looked at me. His indifferent expression faltered some and I thought he had a pained expression for a second. But it reverted easily.

"Ah yes. Put me in a secluded booth. Only one other person will be joining me and I'd like to discuss things with him." He said in such a monotone it made me shiver. It seemed he had no emotions, but that wasn't true. He looked like he just saw a beloved ghost. Like he saw something that utterly pained him deeply. Too deep.

"Okay. Just follow me." and I escorted him to the back of the room by the booths. No one was sitting near here and it's the best spot to discuss things. I sat here some during the video project with Kei and the guys.

He sat, still, an indifferent attitude.

I walked away and tended to the others who called me over. I sat once more and another person joined as some went to leave. I saw from the corner of my eye, he looked around the room, obviously looking for something. I stood and looked in his direction and his eyes landed on mine. He grinned and I smiled. Glad to see some friends stay.

I walked over to Squalo-San and he hugged me. It surprised me based off his story character, but it didn't feel out of place with our past.

"Hi Squalo-San. What are you doing here? You here for sushi?"

"Somewhat. I forgot you worked here. It's good to see you working and smiling. I thought you'd be home, sad. I was planning on heading over there with sushi for you after I was done here. Well, I'm here to meet someone. I'm not even sure if he's here yet. Well, about your request yesterday, I can but when I'm needed in the Varia, I'm needed."

"Very understandable. Wouldn't want to take you from your job; your main priority. You're looking for someone?"

"Yeah. Someone come here saying he was meeting another person?" He asked, brows furrowed.

"Yeah. Follow me." and I arrived by the table where the distant man sat. Squalo-San smiled and nodded to the man. He sat in the booth across from the man.

"Call me if you need anything. Nice day." I said.

"I'll have time later in so I'll come around, Emi-San." Squalo-San said and I smiled and nodded.

I left them to their business and continued my job.

=-=-=3rd POV=-=-=

When Emi-San left, the two men watched her. The unknown man smirked and spoke first.

"She looks a lot like her, huh? Sounds like her, too. It pained me to remember so suddenly when she hadn't even crossed my mind in years. I never forgot her, but she wasn't around and I put her to the side in favor of my job. I came here because of that. Lately, I've thought of her but only when I'm going to bed. Then you called telling me she came around. I couldn't stop reminiscing on the past and I worried about you. You refused to come see me so I came to see you. I worry about you Superbi." He said, looking at the white haired male as he faced the new man.

"I told you, I was fine. We talked twice and I've been fine. She was, and is, still important to me but I'm not having any problems. Trust me. And she isn't a problem. She must have left again, wherever she goes. I'm fine, Subaru." Squalo said and the other guy glared at the long haired male.

"Superbi! I said not to call me by my first name. If you insist on calling my name, use my sir name properly. I'd rather you call me-"

"I'm not calling you that! Stop insisting I call you that. Sir name, sure but that would defeat the purpose of me not calling you THAT name!!" Squalo hissed, intersecting him.

"Fine. But, you should really respect her, Ruri, more. You respect me, but not her. Is it because of how she treated her? Well, I'll have you know, she had her reasons. Ask her. She doesn't want me to say, and I'd like to respect her boundaries. On the other note, I'd like to know why you still won't allow it to be known I'm your father. You've already made yourself a name in this world. You don't have to be my successor but it'd be nice to have people know you are my son. You still use my sir name but you don't even acknowledge that we are at all related. It's like I lost both of my children." He paused for a second and sighed. "Just know, you're as welcome as always. I have somewhere to be. We'll talk another time." And Subaru left the table, leaving his payment for the tab and a tip on the table.

Squalo was left to think by himself. I know you are my father. And I know who THAT woman is. She doesn't deserve respect the way she raised her daughter and acted when she died. It's sickening. I will certainly not respect a disgusting woman like that.

And Squalo was out the door a few minutes later. When Emi had gone over to their table to check on them, they were gone and they left the table with money and a note. She picked up the table then the note.

Alex-San. The boss called. I have an assignment. I'll call tomorrow if I'm free. See you soon. -Squalo-San.

She smiled despite her disappointment. She continued to work about an hour more then headed to the school.

=-=-=Emi POV=-=-=

Feeling somewhat better after some of a day's work, I decided to go to the school. Maybe Kabe-kun would need some help, although there was a mandatory meeting tomorrow two hours before school opened.

I continued on my walk to the school, looking at the sky. It was clear. No clouds afloat. Seemed, lonely without them there. With clouds, the sky seemed active and energetic but calming. Without them, the sky was blank. Still pretty, but not as beautiful as it usually would be.

"🎵Tweek. Tweet.🎵" Something landed on my shoulder. I looked to my right and the fluffy, yellow bird looked at me. He seemed confused.

"🎵 Hibari? Hibari?" He chirped. I frowned and put my arm out for him to sit on my wrist, and stopped walking. He hopped on my wrist and looked at me. It was hard to tell if he understood me or what, but, I talked to the bird anyway.

"Hibari-San left. He... He's gone... I'll try... try to get him b-back. I'll... I'll try... Okta?" Tears fell despite my efforts to keep them at bay, and I pet his head. He jumped from my wrist to my shoulder again and nudged my cheek with his head. If he didn't understand my words, he certainly could tell I was sad.

We walked all the way to the school. I dried my tears the whole way as more fell; eventually they stopped.

Walking into the D.C. room, it was empty. No one there. My eyes fell on the coat hung on the coat hanger in the back corner of the left wall. Tears threatened again but I blinked them away as I turned to the desk. I saw my tablet I had left here. I remember that day.

It was two days after I had received my fans. I was listening to my music with my speaker while doing my classwork. Hibari-San came in and looked at the speaker on the coffee table I was working on. He looked at me like he was going to say something but changed his mind. He walked over to his desk and sat in the chair. He hadn't said a thing but, I could tell he was a bit tired. I finished my last question, I had been answering it as he came in, then packed my stuff in my bag and turned off my tablet and speaker.

He had his eyes closed but opened them when the music stopped. He looked at me and spoke.

"I thought you were listening to your music."

"Yeah, but I finished my work and they need to charge." I answered as I went to the plug next to his desk. There were two outlets right there. One had his extension cord for his computer wires and an open outlet. I plugged an extension cord in and plugged my speaker and tablet up. I went over to my favorite couch and got comfy with my blanket to take a nap.

"Go get some of the members and go here. Take care of it. Kusakabe is off on another assignment. You'll be head of this assignment. You're call." And he put a slip of paper on the edge of his desk as I was getting up. I took it and read it.

I nodded and headed for the door, only just realizing he'd given me the assignment. I turned to him.

"I'm heading it?" I asked.

"Yes. Why?" He continued to look down at the papers on his desk.

"Well, it's just that I'm still the newbie. The others may think I'm lying about it or not take me seriously. And, I've only been on a handful of easy assignments. Are you sure I'm ready?"

"Yes. I'm sure. It's not that hard, this assignment. Now stop wasting time and get going. I'll expect a report on it when you get back." He looked up and grinned at me.

I smiled back then left to go do my job. The job was supposed to be easy, but it wasn't. It was supposed to be a few kids whose parents had said they wanted their children to stop drugs. But, apparently, the children weren't only doing them, but selling them with three times as many adults with weapons.

I didn't think I was ready. The guys joked the whole time we were on our way. They were going to respect Hibari-San's decision and follow my orders but, that was when we thought it was going to be some talking, just about. But, would they still listen to me?

I took a quick breath and stepped forward. One of the guys tried to subtlety stop me but I continued.

"We, of the Disciplinary Committee, ask you to stop. It is illegal to make and sell drugs as is doing them. If you refuse, we have our orders." I ordered, taking out a fan. I spoke with a more confident voice than I'd thought I would.

The men looked at me incredulously. Then one started laughing and the others followed suit.

"Hey, look. There's a robot here. AND it's a girl. What? You want us to stop dealing and start a manicure shop? BWAHAHAH! Get on outta here girly. And we'll act like you were never here." He teased and went back to work.

"I said stop!" I hissed, taking another step. "Or I shall discipline you."

"Heh. What're you? The boss? Of all those men? Hahaha. Boys, escort them out." And he motioned for two of them. I motioned for the two guys beside me to go.

They certainly weren't strong at all. My guys took his out immediately. The boss looked annoyed and stepped down.

"So, little miss princess has her men doing all the, uh, 'discipline'. Weak little girl. Let's take out. Forget letting them walk. They're dead. The girly's mine." And everyone, except the teens, joined in with him. They all stood in front of us, out numbering us, but got into stance, ready to fight.

"You'll be sorry." And with a few hand movements, they followed orders and went full speed on them.

I stood, watching as their boss come in front of me. He held a gun to my face, aiming. He smirked coldly at me. "Any last words?"

"I'm not weak." I hissed and opened my fan.

He laughed whole heartedly. "You really think THAT will stop me from killing you? Sweetie, you've got guts, I'll give you that. But, you're dead." He laughed.

I'm a very patient girl, but, he did something that set me off. He aimed his gun to my legs and shot. It hit the hard wooden part and only scraped it.

"See? It's real. Not fake. So, you want to rethink this dear?" He looked me dead in the eyes and I'm sure he shivered at my look.

I gave eyes that could give you frost bite. "I am not scared and I DETEST being underestimated." And I swung my two fans and sent two knives to him, one from each. And they cut both his cheeks.

The realisation settled in him; that he had been cut. He took his gun and aimed, but I lunged to him, faster than he probably anticipated, and swung needles at him, hitting him in both his arms, both his legs and once in the shoulder. He started falling but I swung my fist at his face and flung him to the wall behind him. He sat on the floor, looked frightened by me.

I walked up, glaring. "Do not think low of me, you piece of trash." I growled, and I knocked him out. When all was done, we confiscated the equipment and talked to the younger ones, the teens, and gave them a chance to redeem themselves. We let them go.

The others were taken by some of the guys I had brought. Others were on their way to the hospital when we left, based off my call from one of their phones while we were there.

We got back and reported. Hibari seemed proud of me. I didn't just barge in there and start fighting, which is probably what he would do. Not sure if he liked that, or the fact that I knocked the guy out.

The memory made me smile. I missed him. I really missed him. I saw a note left on my tablet.

Emi-San. Your choice in music is the same as in the past but is still new. I listened to your playlist and your speaker without realizing that it was yours. Hope you don't mind. But, I had to leave. I have things to sort out but, I don't think I'm coming back. Just so you know, things changed, but still haven't. You changed with me. And since you got here, everything around me changed. But, among others, you were the same. Even with those bullies. Now you're friends. But, you changed with me. I tried to change our relationship to just business but, that didn't help. I couldn't go the other way. It was hard being around you. You were supposed to be gone, but you're here. I can't help it. I tried to let go, but, I can't erase the past. I can't sit around and just feel even worse. I can't wait around and get attached to things that fall apart. I'm sorry. Thought you should know.
~Kyoya

Tears fell from my eyes as I read. I made him leave? He left because I changed everything? He was hinting at how things don't stay the same and they aren't worth getting attached too. Did he mean how I flipped things? Did he not want me here?

I collapsed on my knees, not even trying to stop the tears. They came hard and I balled crying. The note had fluttered a few inches away from where my face hung low.

I could just barely see anything in front of my face through the blurry tears that filled my eyes; just until it spilled over, then I could see some but not for but a microsecond because it quickly filled up again.

I still went for the note and clutched it tight. I eventually shoved it into my pocket and continued to weep.

I moaned and sniffed hysterically. I didn't even hear the person that came into the room until they dropped their stuff on the ground and ran to me, saying things I didn't hear. I blocked out the words, the sounds, the pats that were supposed to be comforting; I didn't care about any of it.

The thought that I was the reason Hibari left; that I made him feel left out; that I made his world change; that I had treated him different without realizing it; that I made him feel as if nothing is worth getting attached to; all of it made me feel HORRIBLE. I lost one of my best friends. I lost my favorite character's trust, care, attention, and made him feel horrible. That I made the unwavering Demon Perfect Of Namimori, who'd put his Disciplinary Committee on the line as his pride, leave his town. The town he didn't leave even when I 'died'. The town he protected. I made him feel as if he had to leave it. The thought made me feel sick. So sick. I cried on and fought back the sickening feeling.

The fighting was a lost cause. When the D.C. member got me to sit up, I hunched over the trash can that was right in front of the desk were my tablet and speaker were, and he got me a towel.

I sat there a little longer, then the member picked me up and started for the nurses office, I suppose, and I finally saw who it was. It was Kabe-kun. And that's all I remember before black.

=-=-=Kusakabe POV=-=-=

I was headed to the Committee room after a small snack, fruit salad. I was bringing extras for while I work, along with some papers I had in the kitchen. Paperwork is not my strong suit, come to find out. When I was vice-president, Hibari-San did the paperwork. I have no idea how he was able to do it and still go out and be the face and head of the committee. I really needed to find a vice-president. That's what is certainly on the agenda for tomorrow's meeting.

I'd ask for volunteers and of those, I'd choose to see any good workers that worked well with me, and have the other's vote if needed. I would see about any capable candidates and maybe we'd vote from the few I originally choose.

As I approached the door, I heard noises. My first thought was intruder when I heard something fall. But then I heard something else. I heard whimpering, crying. CRYING?!?!

I ran in to see what had happened. I saw nothing out of place until my eyes landed on the figure hunched over on the floor. I dropped all the stuff in my arms to the ground and ran to her.

"Emi-San. Emi-San. Are you okay? What happened? Just memories? Talk. Please. You miss Hibari-San, I know; I do too. But it'll be okay. It'll be fine. We'll get him back." She wouldn't stop crying. There was a pool of tears on the floor and she looked pale.

I pulled her up for her to look at me, to hug her, make her feel better. But, she immediately turned to the trash can beside her and I hurried to my feet and over to the cabinets where we kept towels. After she sat there for a while without needing the trash can, I picked her up and carried her 'bridal-style' to the nurse's office.

I went in and laid her down, realizing she had passed out on our way here.

The doctor came over to us immediately.

"What happened? A fight?" He asked.

"I have no idea. I walked into the Disciplinary Committee office and she was crying. When I got her to sit up, she threw up. I brought her here and she passed out on the way. I think she just needs to sleep. It's been hard for us in the Disciplinary Committee, but especially her. Call me when she gets up if I'm not already here. I'll check up later but I'm extremely busy." I explained to the doctor.

"Ah, yes. I've heard about how the president resigned and left town. There had been so many different stories as to why, but, I've heard. I think you should settle those rumors soon." He told me.

"Okay. I'll look into that. I've got to go. Just take care of her." And I left to the office. But, before the door to the nurse's office closed, a flash of yellow went in and I turned to see Hibird perch on her headboard.

Why isn't he with Hibari? Unless... And I rushed to the D.C. office to find nothing but my mess of papers covered with fruit and juice. I sighed and got to work. I have double to do because of my screw up.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Really sad, yes. I'm crying here too guys.

I can't wait to see what happens. I'll be working hard. This chapter will probably be uploaded with a few others. That's how I'm doing it now. A few chapters at a time while I'm around good enough WiFi. Patients though.

See yo soon. Bye~Bi. 💙💜💙💜💙💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.6K 5.3K 141
Second book of "Silent but Deep" They know... They've known about my past, they've seen me suffer, and now all that I want to do is run. run away fro...
163K 5.5K 14
SUMMARY: After Reborn informs that Tsuna and his classmate gonna go on a trip to Italy, they roar in happiness, thinking of the rare chance to travel...
202K 4.9K 23
The story takes place three years after the Curse of the Rainbow Arc. Tsuna finally agreed to be the Vongola Decimo. He and his Guardians are now in...
571K 35.4K 127
『 Dying of Asphyxiation was seriously not my goal in life. 』 Neither was meeting a Governor of the Afterlife and getting sent to another world for a...