Already Taken | Trey Songz

By ItsEricaaStephanie

Amina Bryant needs a place to live. Crashing at her best friend's Alex apartment every time she and her boyf... More

Already Taken
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Lovers & Friends (Already Taken Book #2)
Lovers & Friends: One
Lovers & Friends: Two
Lovers & Friends: Three
Lovers & Friends: Four
Lovers & Friends: Five
Lovers & Friends: Six
Lovers & Friends: Seven
Lovers & Friends: Eight
Lovers & Friends: Nine
Lovers & Friends: Ten
Lovers&Friends: Eleven
Lovers & Friends: Twelve
Lovers&Friends: Thirteen
Lovers & Friends: Fourteen
lovers & Friends: Fifteen
Lovers&Friends: Sixteen
Lovers&Friends: Seventeen
Lovers&Friends: Eighteen
Lovers&Friends:Nineteen
Lovers&Friends: Twenty
Lovers&Friends: Twenty-One
Lovers&Friends: Twenty-Two
Lovers & Friends: Twenty-Three
Lovers & Friends: Twenty-Four
Lovers&Friends: Twenty-Five
Lovers&Friends: Twenty-Six
Lovers & Friends: Twenty-Seven
Lovers & Friends: Twenty-Eight
Lovers & Friends| Twenty-Nine
Lovers & Friends | Thirty
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-One
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Two
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-three
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Four
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Five
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-seven
Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Eight
Lovers & Friends: Thirty-Nine
Lovers & Friends: Forty
Lovers & Friends: Forty-One
Lovers & Friends: Epilogue
Afterwords
#1 Thank you!

Lovers & Friends | Thirty-Six

1.7K 65 21
By ItsEricaaStephanie

***Amina's POV***

Kai and I had a shopping spree planned for the morning the next day. We'd spend a few hours together while I helped her prepare for her one on one time with Trey for the rest of the day. For our trip to the mall, I decided to wear a burgundy beanie since it was too early to do anything special with my hair, a matching color tank top, a soft pink bomber jacket, gray skinny jeans, and faded pink Nikes.

"Are you ready?"

I turn my head from the full-length mirror I was checking myself out in to see Kai standing in the doorway of my bedroom, watching me.

"Hey," I gave her a small smile. "And yeah, I'm ready."

"Your room is beautiful," Kai comments as she looks around in amazement at the bedroom.

"Thank you." I smile. During the tour, Trey and I didn't show Kai our bedroom. We thought that was one thing we should keep private since everything else about our life kinda wasn't.

"I love your outfit." She compliments me and I smile softly.

"Thanks. I like yours too." Kai was wearing a pair of painted on jeans and a black crop top with boots. With the jeans hugging long legs and the crop top showing off her toned tummy and pierced belly I was starting to think I made the wrong choice in choosing her as the contest winner. She didn't look anything like that in the picture she submitted in the contest.

"Where's Trey?" She asked eagerly.

"Out," I answer. "But don't worry, he'll be here to spend time with you this afternoon."

"Good." She smiled widely.

"Hey, I'm not feeling these shoes anymore. Can you go in my closet and pick out something that you think would look cute with what I'm wearing please?" I ask nicely.

"Sure!" Kai agreed almost too excitedly before she disappeared inside my walk-in closet.

***Kai's POV***

Her closet was bigger than my bedroom and my mom's bedroom back home combined. On the right side of the closet were rows of dress one after another, color coordinated. Everything from light pink, dark pink, to red. Grey to Black.

Soft colors to dark colors.

She had a ton of clothes! But I'd give it to her, though, most of her stuff looked off the rack aside from a few designer labels I saw hanging on the tags on most of them. At least I knew for sure now that she wasn't using Trey for his money.

The more I scanned her closet the more pieces of clothes I recognized. Like the colorful dress, she wore when Trey brought her on stage for the first time. I took it off the rack and placed it front of me, imagining me wearing it.

"What are you doing?" Amina startles me into dropping the dress on the floor.

"Uh-um..." I stuttered. Amina walked further into the closet and picked up her dress from the floor.

"Sorry, I just saw all of these clothes and I couldn't help myself," I explained.

"I understand but I'm gonna have to ask you to not touch my stuff again," Amina warned me before she placed the dress back where it was.

"Sorry,"

"It's okay," Amina said simply before she looked down at her shoes that were underneath the section of pink clothing and picked out a pair of light pink Timberland boots that after she slipped them on, looked really cute with what she was wearing. "So I'm ready. Let's go." Amina said to me.

"Okay." I agreed.

Amina didn't move like I expected her too, guessing she was waiting for me to leave first. I walked passed her out the door then she followed behind me.

***Amina's POV***

Things between Kai and I were awkward and I couldn't understand why. The whole time we were shopping I felt as though she would rather be anywhere but here with me. I understood the point of the contest was to spend time with Trey but she had to know that I came along with the package.

"Did you have a good time?" I ask her the moment we walked back inside the house.

"Yeah. Thank you for everything." She motioned to the bags in her hands.

"You're welcome. I had fun," I pause. "I can't wait to do this with Avery." I admit.

"She's really beautiful."

"Thank you." I smile proudly.

"Gotta thank Trey for those genes right?" She replied in a joking tone, but underneath it I could tell she was serious.

"I think you can see a little bit of both of us in her." I correct Kai.

"Hey is that the Tremina necklace Trey gave to you on Valentine's Day?" She asks as we head up the stairs to put our things away.

I glance down at the gold Tremina necklace around my neck.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I raised a brow at her.

"I saw you talk about it in an interview." Kai explained.

"Oh."

"It has an engraving on the back right?" She presses.

"Yeah. It says my love. my life. my forever." I told her.

"That's really sweet." Kai tells me.

"I know." I agree. "I'm so lucky. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve him." I confided in her.

"You don't." I heard Kai under her breath.

"Excuse me?" I raise my voice at her.

"What I mean is he doesn't deserve you! You're really great." Kai smiled at me. For some reason, I felt like it was fake.

Later on that night, Trey decided to take me out to dinner. It's been a while since we went out just the two of us, especially after everything that happened with Alex, but I agreed with Trey; we needed some time alone to be a couple again.

But there was the problem of having Kai there. I wasn't so sure about leaving her alone at our house but Trey reminded me that she had a background check during the screening process of the competition and she was squeaky clean. I already knew all of that. That still didn't mean I wanted her alone in my house. But Trey really wanted to go out so I couldn't tell him no.

"You sure you don't mind us leaving you here alone?" I ask Kai, my last attempt to get Trey to let us stay home.

"I'm fine. You guys go out. I'm just going to watch a few movies then go to sleep." She tells us. She was already dressed in her pajamas or should I say lingerie. She wore a black lace nightgown underneath a black silk robe but the robe was barely tied close. Something told me she wanted it that way. It was obvious she was trying to impress Trey and I glance at my husband to see if he was checking her out but his eyes never left her face.

"I'm sorry about dragging you out here and leaving alone. Tomorrow it's just going to be me and you." Trey apologizes.

"Promise?" She batted her eyelash.

Girl please.

"Promise." Trey grins at her, revealing those damn dimples of his that made every girl melt.

"Okay. Well we won't stay out too long." I tell Kai, ready to get away from her and her pathetic attempt at flirting with my husband. "Don't forget to the set the alarm when we leave." I drag Trey with me to the front door and pull him outside before Kai can say anything else.

"What was that?" Trey asks as we walk to his car.

"What was what?"

"You practically tore my arm off trying to get me out of the house."

"We have reservations." I say instead of telling him the truth, he was just going to think I'm paranoid.

"Tell me the real reason," Trey commands as he pauses outside the door to unlock it.

"I just... I have a bad feeling about Kai."

"Babe, she's harmless."

I press my lips together instead of replying as I climbed inside the car.

I wasn't so sure I agreed with him.

***Kai's POV***

As soon as I set the alarm behind Trey and Amina I rushed upstairs to their bedroom and into Amina's closet where I tried on a bunch of her clothes. My breath caught in my throat when I spotted her wedding dress at the back of the closet. I took it off the rack and admired it, but not for long before I decided to try it on. I came out the bathroom wearing the dress and I felt amazing. Like a princess. This dress had to cause hundreds of thousands of dollars and I was wearing it. I stayed in the dress for a few minutes before I took it off and placed it back where I saw it. I walked out of the closet and went to Trey's closet. I tried on one of his shirts and loved the fact that it was big on me and that it smelled just like him.

I took one of his shirts. He has hundreds of them. I'm sure he wouldn't even notice. I was gonna walk out of their room when I passed the dresser and spotted Amina's Tremina Necklace. I took the necklace and held it gently in my hands before I turned it over and read the engraving. Forever is long time I thought. Amina doesn't deserve that long of a time with him. I took the necklace and walked out the room.

***The next day. Amina's POV***

I was getting ready to go over to April's house to pick up Avery and wanted to wear my "Tremina" Necklace when I realized it wasn't in my box of Jewelry.

"Babe!" I called out to Trey.

"Yeah?" Trey stepped out the bathroom.

"Have you seen my necklace?"

"Which one?"

"The one you gave me on Vday." I told him.

"Nah, I haven't seen it," He told me. "Where's the last place you had it at?" Trey asked me.

"I wore it when I went to the mall with Kai and had it on for the whole day until we went out to dinner. I placed it in my jewelry box before I went downstairs." I explained to him.

"And it's not there?" Trey questioned.

"No," I said. "You don't think Kai took it do you?" I wondered.

"What? Naw! She wouldn't do that." Trey defended her.

"I'm gonna go check."

"I'm gonna come with you. But I'm telling you, you're not gonna find anything." Trey told me as he followed me out of the bedroom. Kai was taking a shower to come with me to Ms. April's house so she wasn't in her room when we entered. The room was exactly what it was when we gave it to her two days ago.

I searched around and found nothing unusual.

"See? Nothing. Let's go now." Trey said to me.

"Not yet," I told him and continued to look. I saw her luggage and opened it. Right on top of all of her clothes was a shirt I bought for Trey and my necklace. "Still think she didn't take it?" I asked Trey sarcastically as I held up his shirt and my necklace in one hand for him to see.
———————————————————————

We're at 84K reads! Thank you guys so much! I saw that last night and I was so shocked but happy. Thank you guys!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! It only gets crazier from here... ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.8K 848 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
61.8K 2.4K 77
When college student Brandy Bright's charming, but toxic best friend, Benji, asks her to move in with him, she has to decide if making a move on her...
57.4K 658 9
When Melissa was about to drop out of school because she couldn't afford housing without a roommate, Alex was there. When she needed a personal chauf...
6.2M 125K 73
"An exciting sexy compromise full of pleasure, and this was such a pleasure to read!" - KitKatZhang "Two broken people trying to mend their pasts, bl...