One Step Closer (Zayn Malik F...

By Harlot4Harrington

What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when sh... More

Chapter 1 --- The Start To Something New
Chapter 2 -- No Turning Back
Chapter 3 -- The Wild Card
Chapter 4 -- The Awards
Chapter 5 -- Here We Go
Chapter 6 -- The Realization
Chapter 7 -- Finishing It Off
Chapter 8 -- It's Just A Little Crush
Chapter 9 -- He Finally Asked
Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember
Chapter 11 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 12 -- The Performance of a Lifetime
Chapter 13 -- Homecoming
Chapter 14 -- Up Up and Away
Chapter 15 -- Come With Us
Chapter 16 -- A Night Out
Chapter 17 -- You're Gonna Regret that Horan
Chapter 18 -- Sister's or Foes?
Chapter 19 -- Gone Without a Goodbye
Chapter 20 -- Finding Her
Chapter 21 -- Taking A Step Back
Chapter 22 -- The Confrontation
Chapter 23 -- Come Back To Me
Chapter 24 -- Hospital Round Dos
Chapter 25 -- I'll Be Coming Back For You
Chapter 26 -- Together Again
Chapter 27 -- Date Night
Chapter 28 --I'll Protect You
Chapter 29 -- Taken
Chapter 30 -- He Finally Got Me
Chapter 31 -- Safe At Last
Chapter 32 -- What Love Is All About
Chapter 33 -- Home is Where the Heart Is
Chapter 34 -- I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Chapter 35 -- Nothing Like Us
Chapter 36 -- Let's Get A Move On
Chapter 37 -- Punta Cana
Chapter 38 -- A New Single
Chapter 39 -- All Your Little Things
Chapter 41 -- Heart Attack
Chapter 42 -- Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 43 -- You Didn't Mean It
Chapter 44 -- Times Like These
Chapter 45 -- What A Surprise
Chapter 46 -- London Calling
Chapter 47 -- New Years Eve ; NYC
Chapter 48 -- Catching Up
Chapter 49 -- A Year in the Making - April
Chapter 50 -- You're Mine
Chapter 51 -- Welcome to the Family
Chapter 52 -- It's All Because Of Magic
Chapter 53 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 54 -- The Aftermath
Chapter 55 -- Never Been Hurt
Chapter 56 -- Right Now
Chapter 57 -- It's A Simple I Do
Chapter 58 -- A Day in the Life of Being Married
Chapter 59 -- Baby on Board
Chapter 60 -- A Bundle Of Joy
Chapter 61 -- And Un To Us A Child Was Born
Chapter 62 -- Welcome Home
Chapter 63 -- Daddy And His Little Princess
Chapter 64 -- Some Alone Time
Chapter 65 -- Babysitting
Chapter 66 -- We Are One Family
Chapter 67 -- A Little Trip
Epilogue -- The End Of The Road
Favor :))

Chapter 40 -- Stay Away

630 22 0
By Harlot4Harrington

5 days later

Lola's P.O.V.

I was sitting downstairs in the kitchen in the afternoon, while Addison and Ben were "cuddling" in the living room. I knew Ben had his gaze on me the entire time.

"Babe, I'm gonna run out to the pool and make sure its clean so we can go swimming." Addison said while kissing his cheek.

"Alright." he smiled.

Addison got up and headed outside to the pool and I knew I had to get upstairs before Ben tried anything. I shut my laptop and went to get up but Ben was standing in my way.

"Do you mind? I need to go upstairs." I spat.

"You're so feisty which is what I love about you." he smirked.

"You pig." I snarled.

"What's this?" he asked grabbing on to my necklace that Zayn had gave me.

"Let go you asshole!" I said ripping it from his grip. "Don't ever fucking touch it again."

"Now come on Lola. When are you going to get over this bad girl phase and realize that you can't resist me?" he asked.

"When pigs fly." I spat.

He laughed at me and then gripped my wrists and pulled me close. He pushed me up against the wall and started kissing me. I tried getting away but his grip was too strong. He was holding on to me so hard that it started to really hurt and I knew it would bruise. He then started sucking on my neck and biting the tender skin.

"Let me go!" I screamed trying to break my arms from his grip.

"Come on babe. Just relax." he said.

"No! Get off of me!" I screamed. I knew the only way to get him off of me was to knee him in his crotch. I watched as he fell to the ground, whimpering in pain.

I took off down the hallway and ran upstairs.

"Oh Lola! Come back beautiful!" he said. I turned behind me and he was fast on my heels. I ran straight to my room and locked the door right when he got to it.

"Let me in! Come on Lola!" he said pounding on the door.

"Ben?" Addison called from downstairs. The pounding stopped.

"You will be mine whether you like it or not Lola." he whispered through the door.

I slid down my door and sat on the ground. I sat there crying for who knows how long. Still sitting, I reached up and grabbed a small mirror from my dresser. I looked past my tear stained cheeks and looked at my neck. Ben had created a huge bruise on my neck and my wrists were bruised as well from his nails digging into my skin. Suddenly there was a knock at my door and I jumped.

"Go away! Leave me alone!" I screamed while still crying.

"Lola? What's wrong?!" a familiar British voice asked. My eyes widened and I jumped to my feet and ripped my door open to see Zayn standing there. He smiled at me and I threw my arms around him crying into his shoulder. He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He then sat down on my bed, while I was still holding on to him.

"Lola what's wrong?" he asked stroking my hair. I pulled away from him and stared into his eyes.

"What happened? What's going on?" he asked pushing hair behind my ear.

"Addison has a new boyfriend and he won't leave me alone. He's been trying to get with me and earlier he held me against the wall and did this." I said pointing to my wrists. "And then he did this." I said pushing my hair back. I watched as anger filled Zayn's eyes. His jaw clenched and then his fists tightened up.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? That's why you were so upset a couple days ago, wasn't it?!" he yelled.

"I didn't tell you because he said he would hurt you and the twins. I did it to keep you safe!" I cried. I didn't want Zayn angry at me, and I just started crying again.

"Where is the little prick?!" he screamed.

"Him and Addison went outside to the pool, but please Zayn don't do anything stupid!" I screamed. But it was too late. Zayn took off running outside and I was fast on his heels.

"Zayn! Please stop!" I screamed running down the stairs.

I watched as Zayn ran out the back door and then stopped. Once I reached him, I realized Ben and Addison weren't out here. He must have took her somewhere once he realized Zayn was here.

"I thought you said they were out here." he snapped.

"They were." I said.

Zayn turned to me and decreased the distance between us. He then grabbed my waist and pulled me into his chest and pressed his lips to mine and held me tight. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he broke the kiss and looked at me.

"I'm sorry for yelling. I just can't believe that prick touched you." he sighed drastically. "Come on, we need to cover that up. I can't stand seeing that on your beautiful body unless it was made by me." he said while taking my hand. He then led me upstairs to my room and told me to sit down on the edge of my bed.

He then began rummaging through my makeup box and found my cover up and walked towards me, kneeling down so he was at my level.

"Okay hold your hair up and turn your neck." he said.

I did as he said and he started rubbing cover up on the new formed bruise on my neck. I whimpered as he pressed hard on the tender skin.

Once he was finished he motioned for me to lay down and then he walked to the other side of my bed and he laid behind me. He then wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close into his chest. My chest was pressed to his chest and he smiled at me.

"He is never going to touch you again Lola." he whispered in my ear.

I smiled at him and sighed "I missed you."

"I missed you too. Now go to sleep. Let's take a nap." he suggested.

I turned so that his chest was pressed against my back and he started humming Summer Love in my ear.

A couple of hours later I woke up and turned to my left, hoping to find my beautiful boyfriend laying next to me, but he wasn't there. I checked my phone to see the time it was 9:30, and I noticed that I had got a text from Addison saying that she was downtown with Ben but it was already open. It said that she had sent it only a half an hour ago. It clicked in my mind that Zayn must have been awake when I got the text.

"Oh no!" I screamed and ran downstairs.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, my sister was greeting someone at the door. I ran to her and realized that it was Harry, Liam, Louis, and Niall.

"Oh my gosh you guys!" I screamed. They instantly saw me and Harry ran towards me.

"Lola you need to come with us. Zayn went looking for your sister and boyfriend and we all know what he is capable of. We need to stop him before he regrets it." Harry frantically said.

He yanked my hand and pulled me outside to the car and we drove off. Harry didn't even care that he was speeding, we needed to find Zayn. We were driving down a side street when we all caught a glimpse of two guys and a girl and I knew it was them.

"Harry there they are!" Niall screamed. Before Harry could actually put the car in reverse, I opened the door and jumped out.

"Lola wait!" the boys all yelled. I ignored their pleads and took off running down the alley.

Once I got closer, I saw Ben receive a punch to the face. Addison was sitting in the corner, watching, she looked like she was in shock.

"Addison! I screamed. She looked up at me and scrambled to her feet. She ran to me and gave me a hug.

"Lola, please get Zayn to stop." she cried.

"I will. Go wait in the car with the other boys." I said pushing her towards the car.

I started running again towards Zayn and Ben.

"Zayn! Zayn please stop!" I screamed.

He looked up at me and saw me running. I finally reached him and grabbed his arm.

"Zayn he isn't worth it. If you keep beating him you're gonna end up killing him and then you'll be in prison. And if you're in prison we won't be together." I cried.

He looked at me and saw the hurt in my eyes. Throwing one more punch to Ben's stomach, he threw him to the ground and wrapped his arms around me. I watched as Ben scrambled to his feet.

"If you ever come near my girlfriend again or her family I swear I will finish what I started!" he screamed. Ben finally made it on his feet and he took off running. Zayn took my hand and we walked back to the car.

Harry drove Addison, Zayn, and I back to my house and dropped us off.

Once we got in the driveway, Addison ran inside the house and I went after her.

"Addison you can't be upset with me!" I screamed chasing her up the stairs with Zayn right behind me

"I'm not, but you're boyfriend almost killed my boyfriend!" she screamed.

"He deserved it Addison! Look what he did to your face and to Lola!" Zayn screamed.

We watched as Addison checked her face out in the mirror. She had a huge bruise on her face. She then started weeping and ran into my arms.

"Shh Addison its okay." I said.

"No its not. My "boyfriend" was a pervert towards you and I tried blaming your boyfriend for all of this but it was my fault for not realizing what a freak Ben really was. What if the cops come after Zayn and he gets arrested? It will be all my fault!" she cried.

"Don't worry Addison, the cops won't come for me. Even if they did, I will just say it was self defense and I was protecting you and Lola." Zayn said.

Addison walked forward and wrapped her arms around Zayn.

"Thank you so much." she said.

"You're welcome Addison. You're the sister of the love of my life and I would do anything to keep you all safe." he said.

I watched as they hugged and big smile appeared on my face. Addison walked to her room and then Zayn followed me to mine. I sat down on my bed and pulled my knees up.

"You know you're amazing right?" I asked entwining his fingers with mine.

"You've mentioned it a few times." he laughed.

"Well you are." I smiled.

I leaned forward and kissed his lips. He let out a small whimper and I pulled away. That's when I noticed that his lip was split.

"Zayn, why didn't you tell me he hit you back?" I asked. I looked down at his hands and his knuckles were bloody.

"What else did he do?" I asked. He looked up at me with a guilty look.

I lifted his t-shirt up and his chest and torso had a few bruises. He lifted my chin up and I smiled at him. I kissed his lips softly and then made my way down to his hands. I kissed each knuckle that was bruised. Then I motioned for him to lay down on his back and I lifted his t-shirt kissing each of the bruises on his chest and torso. I eventually made my way back up to his lips and he flipped me over so he was on top.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he asked stroking my cheek.

"Everyone deserves to be loved by a special person." I said.

He leaned down and kissed my lips softly.

"I love you so much Lola." he smiled.

"I love you too." I said stroking his cheek. He pulled me up so I could get changed for bed. I threw him a pair of his sweatpants that he had left here previously and I changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top. I laid back down in bed and Zayn slipped the sweats on and peeled his shirt off. He is literally one of the most gorgeous human beings I have ever seen. I must have been staring for a while because he started laughing.

"Take a picture Lola, it will last longer." he chuckled.

I blushed a little bit and reached into the drawer next to my bed and pulled out my old fashion camera. Zayn was laying down, so I crawled on top of him and stradled him. He stroked the sides of my legs and I took a picture of him. The flash stunned him a little and I chuckled.

"Got it." I smiled.

"You're so weird." he laughed.

"I can't help that my boyfriend is totally gorgeous. I like to stare at you." I laughed. "Now I have a picture to stare at alll the time."

"Well my girlfriend is extremely beautiful and looks like a goddess." he smiled and grabbed the camera taking a picture of me.

I then laid down next to him and I positioned myself so that my head was resting on his chest and his arms were wrapped around me.

"Night Lo." he whispered.

"Night Zayn." I said back.

** Picture of a girl taking a picture with a polaroid in external link

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
10.2K 477 33
She's the kind of girl you see roaming through the halls quietly, full of anxiety, she worries about everything. She doesn't like to be alone, never...
37.3K 546 11
Your eyeballs glued to his ass as he paced the floor in front of you. Your pen nervously tapping your desk, awaiting the ring of the bell. Your heart...
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...