One Step Closer (Zayn Malik F...

By Harlot4Harrington

What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when sh... More

Chapter 1 --- The Start To Something New
Chapter 2 -- No Turning Back
Chapter 3 -- The Wild Card
Chapter 4 -- The Awards
Chapter 5 -- Here We Go
Chapter 6 -- The Realization
Chapter 7 -- Finishing It Off
Chapter 8 -- It's Just A Little Crush
Chapter 9 -- He Finally Asked
Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember
Chapter 11 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 12 -- The Performance of a Lifetime
Chapter 13 -- Homecoming
Chapter 14 -- Up Up and Away
Chapter 15 -- Come With Us
Chapter 16 -- A Night Out
Chapter 17 -- You're Gonna Regret that Horan
Chapter 18 -- Sister's or Foes?
Chapter 19 -- Gone Without a Goodbye
Chapter 20 -- Finding Her
Chapter 21 -- Taking A Step Back
Chapter 22 -- The Confrontation
Chapter 23 -- Come Back To Me
Chapter 24 -- Hospital Round Dos
Chapter 25 -- I'll Be Coming Back For You
Chapter 26 -- Together Again
Chapter 27 -- Date Night
Chapter 28 --I'll Protect You
Chapter 29 -- Taken
Chapter 30 -- He Finally Got Me
Chapter 31 -- Safe At Last
Chapter 32 -- What Love Is All About
Chapter 33 -- Home is Where the Heart Is
Chapter 34 -- I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Chapter 35 -- Nothing Like Us
Chapter 36 -- Let's Get A Move On
Chapter 37 -- Punta Cana
Chapter 38 -- A New Single
Chapter 40 -- Stay Away
Chapter 41 -- Heart Attack
Chapter 42 -- Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 43 -- You Didn't Mean It
Chapter 44 -- Times Like These
Chapter 45 -- What A Surprise
Chapter 46 -- London Calling
Chapter 47 -- New Years Eve ; NYC
Chapter 48 -- Catching Up
Chapter 49 -- A Year in the Making - April
Chapter 50 -- You're Mine
Chapter 51 -- Welcome to the Family
Chapter 52 -- It's All Because Of Magic
Chapter 53 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 54 -- The Aftermath
Chapter 55 -- Never Been Hurt
Chapter 56 -- Right Now
Chapter 57 -- It's A Simple I Do
Chapter 58 -- A Day in the Life of Being Married
Chapter 59 -- Baby on Board
Chapter 60 -- A Bundle Of Joy
Chapter 61 -- And Un To Us A Child Was Born
Chapter 62 -- Welcome Home
Chapter 63 -- Daddy And His Little Princess
Chapter 64 -- Some Alone Time
Chapter 65 -- Babysitting
Chapter 66 -- We Are One Family
Chapter 67 -- A Little Trip
Epilogue -- The End Of The Road
Favor :))

Chapter 39 -- All Your Little Things

564 20 0
By Harlot4Harrington

1 week later – August

Zayn’s P.O.V

“Ahh that show was amazing lads.” I said laying out on the couch on the bus.

“It was. The crowd was massive.” Louis said in agreement.

“Guys! Look at this!” Liam said pointing to his laptop.

“What is it?” we asked hovering around.

“Do you see this on the charts? Lola Evans has #1 for her song Made in the USA.” he said.

“Go to youtube and search it Li! I didn’t know she had a new hit!” I yelled.

Liam quickly typed it into youtube and found Lola’s new song.

Our love runs deep like a chevy, If you fall I'll fall with you baby. Cause that's the way we like to do it, That's the way we like. You run around open doors like a gentleman. Tell me girl every day you're my everything cause, that's the way you like to do it That's the way you like. Just a little West Coast, and a bit of sunshine. Hair blowing in the wind, losing track of time. Just you and I, just you and I. Woah, woah. No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know. I want you bad, and I wont have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break. Cause our love was made, made in the USA, Made in the USA, yeah." Lola’s voice sang.

 The lads and I listened to the whole song and we were amazed at how awesome it sounded.

“She sounds amazing.” Niall said.

“I agree.” Harry added.

I got butterflies in my stomach, I was so proud and excited for Lola.

“I’m gonna go call her.” I said.

Its pretty late here but its quite early there.

I dialed the number I had easily memorized and waited for her to answer.

“Hey!” she exclaimed into the phone.

“Lo! I’m so proud of you!

“Aww thanks Zaynnny. You heard my new single?” she giggled.

“Yes! And it was amazing.” I laughed.

“Thank you so much. Does it make you think of anything?” she asked.

“Um, I don't know. What does it relate to?” I asked.

“Us.” she said.

I played the lyrics through my head again “No matter how far we go, I want the whole world to know, I want you bad, and I won't have it any other way. No matter what the people say, I know that we'll never break, Cause our love was made, made in the USA, Made in the USA, yeah.” That's when it clicked in my mind. Our love really was made in the USA. “Our love was made in the USA.” I stated.

“Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.” she laughed.

“I love the song. It suits us well.”

“I'm glad you like it.” she giggled.

“I really miss you Lo.” I said.

I heard her sigh. “I miss you too. How much longer?”

“Only about 2 more weeks and I’ll be yours again.”

“Good. I miss my boyfriend. I have no one to cuddle with at night.”

“You know I would change that if I could.” I said.

“I know you would. I gotta run though. I’ll talk to you later. Love you.”

“Alright talk to you later sweetie. Love and miss you. Goodnight.” I said and hung up.

I signed into my twitter and wrote a new tweet.

@zaynmalik : Everyone go check out my girlfriend @Lola_Evans new song Made in the USA on iTunes. Its made its way to #1 so it seems like you guys are doing your job! :) xx

“People are defiantly going to be listening to it now that you’ve tweeted about it.” Louis said.

“Well she always tells people to listen to our songs so I thought that I should return the favor.” I explained.

Lola’s P.O.V.

1 week later

“Mom! I’m home from the courts!” I called entering the house. I had just finished playing tennis with my friend Bree and my trainer Andy.

I walked farther into the living room and saw Emma and Justin sitting on the couch. I locked eyes with Emma and started walking faster towards the stairs.

“Lola, wait!” she called. I was half way up the stairs when Emma said something that made my heart shatter.

“I had a miscarriage.” she weeped.

I slowly turned around and looked into my best friend’s tear filled eyes.

“What?” I asked walking down the steps.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room

“Last month, we found out that I was pregnant.” she started. Justin was holding her hand as she started telling the story.

“I was going to tell you when you got back from the Dominican but I had already lost the baby. It was one of the hardest things that's ever happened to me. Losing my baby, thinking it was my fault. Anyways, I moved out because I needed Justin by my side. He knows exactly what I’m going through and I needed him. I never wanted to leave you Lola. You’re my best friend but my boyfriend and I had just lost our baby, I needed him.” she explained.

As she was telling the story, my eyes were looking down at the ground the entire time. I looked back up at Emma and Justin and tears were rolling down their cheeks.

“I’m so sorry you guys.” I said pulling them into a hug. I held both of them tightly and cried with them.

“You would have been his/her godmother Lola.” Emma whispered.

I looked at her and stroked her cheek.

“It would have been an honor.” I smiled.

Emma, Justin, and I decided to make some popcorn and watch movies together. Around midnight they had left and the twins came back with their boyfriends. Vera is still dating Mads, and Addison is dating some guy named Ben.

“Hey girls.” I said as they walked in. “Hey Mads." I said and hugged him.

“Lola, this is Ben.” Addison said bringing him towards me.

I turned around and held my hand out for him.

“Hi its nice to meet you Ben.” I said shaking his hand.

“Nice meeting you too. Pretty cool that I get to meet a celebrity.” he laughed.

“Haha ya. Well I’m heading to bed. Mom and dad should be home soon. Goodnight everyone.”

I ran upstairs to my room and dug through my drawers to find some pajamas.

I heard someone coming up the stairs and I just assumed it was one of the twins.

“Vera is that you?” I asked. No answer. “Addison?”

I turned around and grabbed my chest. 

“Oh Ben you scared me. What are you doing up here? Are you looking for the bathroom?”

“No I was looking for you.” he smirked.

“Uh okay. So whats up.”

Ben stepped closer to me putting his hands on my waist.

“Ben what are you doing.” I said pushing him away. I started walking towards my bathroom, when he grabbed my arm and kissed me. I smacked him across the face as hard as I could.

I went to scream when he put his hand over my mouth.

“Now let’s just keep this between us. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to Addison or Vera would we?” he snarled.

My fists tightened and he released his hand from my mouth.

“Now keep quiet, unless you want your little sister’s to go bye bye.” he threatened.

He chuckled a bit and then turned around to go downstairs.

“Oh.” he said coming back. “And don’t tell your little boyfriend either. Things aren’t looking so good for him if you tell.”

I ran to my door and slammed it shut and then threw myself on my bed.

I opened my laptop and logged into my twitter.

Lola_Evans : Really missing my boy @zaynmalik right now :( #lonely.

About ten minutes later, Zayn was calling me on skype. I didn’t want to answer because my eyes were red from crying but I just wiped the tears away and answered.

“Hey babe.” he said through the screen.

“Hi.” I smiled slightly.

“Are you crying?” he asked.

“Ya just a little.”

“What’s wrong?”

“I just miss you.”

“Lola, tell me.”

“I’m telling you the truth. I just miss you.”

“Don’t worry I’ll be back in a few days.” he said with a wide smile.

“Can’t wait.” I giggled.

“You look so beautiful.” 

“Thanks, but no I don’t.”

“Are you sure something else isn’t bothering you?” he asked.

“Ya I’m find. I’m really tired so I’m gonna go to bed. Love you.”

“Love you too. Bye.”

Zayn’s P.O.V.

I shut my laptop shut and sighed, sinking farther into the couch.

“Hey mate, what’s wrong?” Harry asked sitting down next to me.

“Just something with Lola. I can tell she is hiding something from me.” 

“What makes you think that?”

“Well we were just skyping and she was crying when I answered but she wouldn’t tell me why.”

“You’re sure something is bothering her?”

“Ya I’m positive. I can tell when she is upset about something. I can also tell when she is hiding something from me.”

“Maybe she just doesn’t want to worry you.” he suggested.

“Well she’s worrying me by not telling me.”

“Don’t worry man, I’m sure she is fine.” he said and patted my shoulder.

Next Day

“So it was so nice of you lads to join us today at our station.” said Mac.

“Yes thanks for having us.” Liam replied.

“So we were wondering if you would all like to sing a song for us live?” he asked.

“Ya we would love to.” Niall piped in.

“Alright. I’ll give you a few moments to discuss which one you would like to sing for us.”

“Okay lads. I think we should sing Little Things.” Louis suggested.

“I agree let’s do that one.” Harry added.

We all looked at each other and nodded our heads.

“Okay Mac we’ve decided.” Niall said.

“Now which one will you be choosing for us?”

“We are going to be singing Little Things.” Louis said.

“But before we sing I would like to dedicate this song to a very special person. She can’t be here with me right now and I miss her a lot so this is for her.” I said.

“Aww how sweet of you Zayn.” Mac said. “Hello everyone. Thanks for tuning in. Once again I am here live with One Direction and they are going to be singing Little Things live for us right this very minute. So lads whenever you are ready.”

I looked at the other lads and Niall had his guitar in hand and he started strumming.

“Your hand fits in mind like its made just for me, but bare this in mind it was meant to be.  And I’m joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes since to me.” I sang.

And so on.

Lola’s P.O.V.

“Lola! Lola! Wake up!” a voice screamed. 

I opened my eyes to see Vera and Addison shaking me.

“What’s going on??” I yawned.

“The boys are singing live on the radio!” Vera screamed.

“What?!” 

“Ya come on! They’re about to sing!” Addison said grabbing my hand.

Addison and Vera both grabbed my hands and dragged me downstairs to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, the twins pushed me down on to one of the stools and turned the volume up.

“Now which song will you be choosing for us?” one of the dj’s asked.

“We are going to be singing Little Things.” Louis said.

“But before we sing I would like to dedicate this song to a very special person. She can’t be here with me right now and I miss her a lot so this is for her.” Zayn said.

“Aww how sweet of you Zayn.” the dj said. “Hello everyone. Thanks for tuning in. Once again I am here live with One Direction and they are going to be singing Little Things live for us right this very minute. So lads whenever you are ready.”

I heard the strum from a guitar and I knew Niall was playing.

Your hand fits in mind like its made just for me, but bare this in mind it was meant to be. And I’m joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes since to me.” Zayn sang.

“I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile. You've never loved your stomach or your thighs. The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine, But I'll love them endlessly.” Liam sang. 

“I won't let this little things slip out of my mouth, But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things.” Zayn sang.

My heart literally melted and I could feel tears running down my cheeks.

“Aww Lola, don’t cry.” Vera said rubbing my back.

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea. Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep, And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep. Though it makes no sense to me.” Louis sang. 

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape. You never want to know how much you weigh. You still love to squeeze into your jeans. But, you're perfect to me.” Harry sang.

I won't let this little things slip out of my mouth, but if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to. I'm in love with you and all these little things.” Harry & Louis sang.

Niall was singing next and his part was always my favorite part, besides Zayn’s.

You never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to. If I let you know, I'm here for you. Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you oh.” Niall gracefully sang.

“I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth. Cause it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to. And I'm in love with you (and all these little things).” Harry sang. 

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth but if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to. I'm in love with you, and all your little things.” they all sang together.

“Good job lads! Thanks again for being here with us and good luck on the rest of your tour.” the dj said.

“Thanks Mac.” they all said in unison.

Vera turned off the radio and I stared at them with a huge grin on my face.

“Awww Lola. They love you so much.” Addison giggled while squeezing my cheeks.

I let out a laugh and then my mind flashed back to Ben and what happened last night.

“Ben’s coming over in a few minutes. Is that okay?” Addison asked.

“Ya its fine. Is mom at work?” I asked.

“Ya she left around 8. She’s such a busy nurse.” Vera added.

“Where’s dad?” I questioned.

“He actually started working for this construction company and their putting a house together.” Addison explained.

“Oh okay. Well I’m going upstairs to take a shower and then going to lunch with Emma.”

“Alright.” the twins said in unison.

I just finished my shower and I wrapped a towel around my hair and then one around my body. As I was walking to my room, I swore I heard the floor creak behind me, so I whipped around to see if someone was behind me, but no one was.

I walked into my room and dropped the towel around my body slipping my bra and panties on.

“Damn you’re so beautiful.” an unfamiliar voice whispered.

I turned around to see Ben standing in my doorway. I yanked the towel from off of my bed and wrapped it around me.

“Get the hell out of here.” I snarled.

“Whoa calm down baby. If you don’t want people walking in here whenever they please maybe you should shut your door.” he laughed.

“My door was shut you pervert.” I spat.

He was about to step another foot into my door when Addison called for him and was coming up the stairs. He sprinted out of my room and down the hall.

“Babe what are you doing?” she asked.

“I was just using the bathroom.” he said.

“Oh okay.” she said kissing his cheek.

I watched as he grabbed her hand and then walked down the stairs. Ben turned around and gave me a toothy smile along with a wink.

I quickly shut my door, making sure to lock it this time, and got dressed. I raced down the stairs past Ben and Addison. I heard Addison call for me but I just ran out the door to my convertible and drove off.

As I reached the small cafe, I saw Emma sitting by the window. She smiled at me as I walked in. I sat my purse down on the chair next to her and ordered some lunch. We sat and talked for a while and I knew she could tell there was something wrong with me.

“Lola is something bothering you?” she asked reaching for my hand. I looked up at her and I tried holding back the tears but they just filled my eyes.

“What’s wrong?” she asked holding my hand tighter.

“You know Addison's new boyfriend, Ben?” I asked.

“Ya?” she replied.

I gulped and then exhaled “Well the first night I met him he seemed really nice, but when I went to bed he followed me up into my room and kissed me. I wanted to tell Addison but he said he would hurt the twins if I told and the also said he would hurt Zayn. Then Zayn asked me what was wrong and I had to lie to him to keep him safe. Then before I came here I was changing and he came into my room and was watching me. Thankfully I had a bra and panties on but still. I don’t know what to do Emma. I know that if I tell Addison she either won’t believe me or she will and it will break her heart and he might end up hurting her. Why do I attract all the freaks?!” I said while finishing my rant.

“I don’t know what to tell you Lola. I mean I don’t want that guy around you, but he could hurt your sisters and your boyfriend. Do you want to come stay with me and Justin for a while?” she asked.

“No I can’t do that. Zayn will be home in a few days and I’m thinking about going over to his loft.” I explained.

“I’m really sorry Lola.” she sighed.

“Thanks Em. I guess I’ll have to try my best to stay away from him.”

But boy did that plan not work out. Ben came over for the next 5 days and he tried something every time. Thankfully Addison always had something planned for them to do and they had to leave the house. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.7K 24
Sometimes our lives change when we least expect them to. We meet our best friends in when we're unprepared to make friends. Our lives change so drast...
5.3K 50 23
When an average girl encounters Harry Styles her life will never be the same again
3M 81.4K 35
[✓] ∥ It all happened in a split second. One moment I was on his back, and the next one I was lying on the ground, watching the man who would be resp...
1.2K 71 14
He was her nightmare, but She was his dream. They had a problem showing their affection. She avoided him after everything he did to hurt her. Fate br...