Aria Salvatore x Klaus Mikael...

By pastmidnight_

Imagine believing your brothers died over a century ago? Believing your whole family was dead? Being turned i... More

Coming Home
Three Salvatores
Founders Day
Because I Am
He Will Come For You
Elijah
Diet
Tomb
Leave
Klaus
Decade
The Sacrafise
Bite
Road Trip?
Ray Sutton
Paralyzed
Remember
1920s
Letter
Lies
Fooled
Game
Always
Getting Lost
Protect You
Safe
Happy Funeral
Hello Again Elijah
Painted
Family Business
What I Used To Be
Because I Love You
Sacrificial Lamb
I Needed To Say It
Trespassing Into Hell
Arrested
Your Small
White Oak
Kieran Ripper
Denver Blues
Charmer
Mothers
Until We Meet Again
The 1950s
Bite
Did you miss me?
Make It Stop
Forgiveness
Here We Go
Punch
Change Of Plans
Rich
Memorial
Shots
College
Snap
Lost Marbles
It Stopped
Pageant
Bubbling Secrets
Wrong Crowd
Drive
Photo
Figure
Buried Hatchet
Frozen
What We Are
HeadStone
Numbed Minds
Doomed
Tunnels
Caught
Into The Woods
CampFire
New Bodies
Do It All Over Again
One Tear
Speed Walked
Back When
Turned Tables
Sleepover
Him
If You Make It Out Alive
1864
Highway To Hell
Humanity
Happy Birthday
Bleeding Out

Hide and Seek

2.7K 106 81
By pastmidnight_

Third Persons POV.

Caroline was frozen her shaking hands dangling by her hips dripping of blood, her mouth agape and eyes pinpointed on the flames, tears brewing in her eyes.

The nights sky was pitch dark filling of tainted clouded smoke, orange fire erupting in front of her.

Sirens played around and around in the background but it felt as if it was all in slow motion to her it drawled out behind her everything felt dry.

"Caroline!" she heard her name being cried out behind her but she couldn't bare to move her eyes away from the scene.

She stared straight ahead not able to catch her breath he had been right in front of her, he almost made it out but alone, she wasn't with him.

The fear in his eyes when she'd screamed out his name in warning  before she was blown back from the force. He didn't make it out. Neither did she.

Ding Ding.
There time was up.

30 minutes earlier.

Arias POV.

Silence. A single drop of sweat beaded down my forehead and dropped to the floor. My eyes twitched back and forth listening to the ticking of the clock.  

Stefan's breath was heavy as he peered around the corner of the wall to the dark hallway. My heart felt as if it was in my neck.

"Would now be a bad time to say I have to pee?" I asked he flicked my forehead wide eyed making me groan.

"Keep you're head down" he whispered warily as we crawled up from the floor.

Our shoes made small squeaking sounds as our feet shuffled through the halls, our breaths puffing out our chests.

Stefan's hand stopped me as we reached another bend slowly creeping out behind it.

My eyes locked to the door that lead to the football pitch I nudged Stefan. I forgot just how big this hell school is. We scrambled towards it yanking on the bar handle.

"Aria hide. He's close!" Stefan whispered looking back at the dark hallway the lights were flashing, making a static twitchy sound.

Sharing a look we tried bursting open the door but jolted back with a groan, it's spelled. Of course.

Stefan hissed holding his leg taking a deep breath.

I grit my teeth shaking the bar handle but it didn't budge. "Crap" I hissed at myself that's when we froze hearing something metallic rolling behind us, it sounded like when people ring their wine glasses with a wet finger.

Sharing a glance we turned to see a ring rolling on the floor, making a chimed sound when it finally stopped spinning.

I slowly crept over noticing it was a wedding ring. A man's wedding ring, where have I seen this before?

What man wore this on his hand?

"There's no point in running from me. From what you are kittens" he murmured nonchalantly.

"Hide! Now go!" Stefan urged pulling me to move. The tension was rising I could hear fast smacking footsteps down the hall with an eerie muffled laugh.

"Stay close!" we whispered in sync Nathaniel's laugh was echoing.

"I'm coming to get you" he sang darkly amused, his voice sounded as if it was right in my ear.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up as we dodged corners banging and kicking every door jiggling the handles.

"Take my hand w-" Stefan whispered warily but was cut off by.....whispers.

Little chattering voices with scampering and scratching footsteps circling us.

"Stef" I breathed he instantly latched my arm looking around wide eyed as the little voices giggled quietly.

Oh you've got to be kidding.

"Ring around the rosy pocket full of posey. Ashes Ashes" they sang the voices of little children.

"He thinks nursery rhymes are going to scare us!" Stefan hissed confidently as we kept scurrying, banging into walls.

"I have an idea" I whispered locking then blocking the door with a bench as we entered the boys changing room.

Stefan grabbed a hockey stick placing it between the handles of the door.

"What are we going to do? Strangle the prick with guys underwear!" Stefan asked wide eyed as he followed me.

"There's an exit behind the boys showers just past the taps there's a door behind the corner. It leads us to the school hall" I explained as we scurried to the back.

"Do I even want to know how you know about that?" Stefan breathed gawking around the men's changing room.

"Being friends with Caroline. You learn a few things. Where do you think we were during gym" I said.

"Unbelievable" he murmured shaking his head I directed my head towards the back where I expected the door to be.

That's when I froze seeing the door was no longer there, it was replaced with bricks.

"No!" I hissed running my hands over it thumping it.

That's when the door of the changing room creaked open knocking the bench over from blocking it causing a crashing heavy sound on the tile floor

Oh no.

Nathaniel's laugh boomed with the sound of his hands clapping from outside the door.

I flinched that's when I felt Stefan's hand take my arm he put a finger to my lip.

My chest felt like a rock was digging into it, my bones felt breakable. I'm sure he can hear my bones chattering.

"Kitten. You must have wished upon a star. Because today is you're lucky day." he taunted banging on the door.

Stefan then did the unthinkable he smashed his hand right through the brick wall I gasped seeing his crimped hand quickly recovering.

"I won't let him have you" Stefan breathed as we broke down the rest of the wall seeing the school hall that's when the changing room doors burst open.

"Kitten?" His voice made me shiver that's when he burst out laughing again it bounced off the walls.

That psychotic laugh.

Stefan was bruising my wrist he was holding on so tight, he glanced to me then we quickly climbed through to the school hall the crumpled bricks and dust surrounding our feet.

"I know you're here" Nathaniel hissed like a knife in my ears with a cackle, clearly growing agitated as he couldn't find us.

Then there was silence.

We sped across the school hall seeing the bleachers scattered with rubbish as we made it to the doors. My body felt numb. The fear indulged me. This was the end.

We burst through the doors sprinting down the hallway.

"I'm going to kill him. I'll kill him for ever coming near us. For what he did to you" Stefan growled his knuckles white, anger radiating off him veins forming beneath his eyes.

I swear for a second he looked like father the same furious expression Nathaniel's threats and laughter behind us.

"He's not worth dying over brother!" I shouted as we ran.

"Oh my mother, my darling I died many years ago" the old song began on the intercom making us halt.

That song.

"Welcome to my world of fun" his voice sang along to the song from down the hall.

Stefan suddenly yanked me behind the wall clamping a hand over my mouth shushing me warily in my ear.

"Shh sh" he shushed clutching my back to his chest peeking out at the side of the wall.

"Devine move. Devine move" he seethed his voice like fire running his nails along what sounded like a brick.

"You think you can hide, take me down with you're games. You think you can trick me? Me?" he roared I could feel his sick grin plastered on his lips, like we were the crazy ones.

"Rippers come out come out wherever you are. My games no fun all alone" the twisted grainy voice sang his fingernails scratching along the lockers, smashing something making me jolt squeezing my eyes shut.

His footsteps got louder and louder each footstep making me shudder I could practically smell him.

Stefan's hand was bruising my mouth trying to stop me from breathing so loudly he wasn't letting me go anytime soon.

"Come out!" He roared all the sudden making me quiver as he smashed one of the lockers.

Stefan tried to calm me but he himself was barely breathing leaning all his weight against the wall shushing me quietly.

"I know you're here, I can smell you. Come on kitten come out and play with me. Stef are you really going to hide I had high hopes for a bromance" he sang merrily gone completely calm again.

I can hear his destructive heart bouncing back and forth like a boom box.

But I know it's not out of fear, worry, panic. It's out of excitement. A fast thrilling excitement, he ravishes in his games. In hunting.

"How about we scuss a little deal hm? I won't kill any of you're little companions. As long as you commit yourself to me. I won't kill you I'm just going to hurt you really really bad" he mused I knew that was directed at me.

Stefan held me tighter knowing I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. I have to protect my family.

Nathaniel laughed clapping his hands "Woowee! Rippers wouldn't you rather Damon's life spared, all you have to do is come back to me. Never leave me again"

Stefan's sweaty hand wouldn't budge from my mouth, if this means Damon and Nik won't be hurt I'll hand myself over.

I won't let him have them or Stefan. I can't. Not a hope I'll die a thousand deaths before I let that happen. I'm going to get Stef out of here alive even if it kills me.

The tapping of Nathaniel's shoes on the floor slowly distanced from us as he began whistling a tune with a lunatics laugh.

"We're okay" Stefan whispered slowly letting go I let out a relieved breath he gave me a heartbroken look.

"I know what's going on in you're head" he breathed angrily I looked away sadly.

"You are not sacrificing yourself. Period. Aria I swear to god if you dare..." He barely got out his last words.

"You can't do that to me. To Damon. To yourself. I won't let you" he stated strongly.

"I won't" I lied if it comes to it I will, he didn't look convinced at all before he could explode I spoke.

"We can't fight him we're no way near as strong, Stef his magic would blind us instantly. But we can be smarter." I uttered with a shiver staring at the door.

"Am I sensing a plan?" He said placing his hands on my shoulders with a smirk.

"Stefan. It's us. We are smart when we put our heads together. We just can't be afraid. Yes he scares me so much my bones shake, but I'll die before I let him hurt you or Damon" I said he blinked slowly.

"Remember what we said at mother's funeral?" he asked suddenly.

"We remain as one" I breathed. "We die as one" he finished.

"This guy. He has absolutely no idea what we're capable of. How about we show him exactly what we can do?" Stefan spoke a glint of trouble in his eyes.

"Well. Salvatore's do fight like dogs. One things for sure we are not dying in Mystic Hellschool" I said we both smirked.

We crept along the hallway making our way towards Ric's room. Was it possible the exit was where I started in the beginning? Would he play that trick.

My palms were sweating as I kept close to Stef my eyes were growing sore I barely blinked. I have a shivering feeling Ric is here with us.

Guide us Ric, I bit back the daunting fear the hallway was gloomy shadows against the walls, against our bodies.

My alerted eyes glanced around the I keep having a shaking feeling Nathaniel will appear right beside me with his wicked grin.

Plan A is to find that one exit..

Plan B? May potentially be my destructive end. Stefan just doesn't know that.

I'll sacrifice myself for Stefan. I always knew I'd die for him.

"Look at us" Stefan said as we passed a mirror. "A pair of Mary Sues" we said sadly in sync. We're vampires and we are completely defenceless.

How did this happen? How did they get us from Portland to here?

"He likes to play cat and mouse. Mess with his prey" Stefan stated my shoes squeaking on the floor.

Yeah something like that.

"We will walk out of this hell without a scratch on us. All we need to do is find the exit" he whispered glancing around.

"Before he finds us" I croaked clutching my arm.

"But Aria. If I get caught you run and don't look back-" I cut him off.

"Don't. You know I'd never leave you behind" I stated.

"I have an unsettling feeling mother isn't in the building. Something about her voice on the intercom earlier was off" I whispered.

"You're right but if the psychotic bitch isn't here where is she?" Stefan murmured.

"What are his tricks? You spent years with him you must know a little about how he thinks" Stefan whispered as we continued to make our way for Ric's old classroom.

"He's probably conjured up all sorts of new tricks. As for his thoughts? Not even Dr.Phil could understand him" I replied shivering internally at the thought of his new ideas, games.

"Things he's done to innocent families, women and children. His cruelty would make the devil weep Stef" I whispered staring straight ahead.

That's when the school bell rang causing us to immediately halt. Sharing a glance as everything went back to utter silence.

What was that. I'm pretty sure the school bell doesn't ring at ten at night. Stefan pulled my hand along his eyes wide alert.

"Let's keep going" he whispered my eyes were darting around the hallway.

That's when I smelt it, my breath hitched.

That nice smell. That exotic, beautiful, intoxicating smell.

Fresh blood. Hot, melting, dripping blood.

I halted turning on my heel there was a pumping human heart someone was being drained.

"Blood" I breathed my fangs growing veins appearing beneath my eyes. Their heart is pumping fast, fresh blood circling up and down their veins.

It's calling me. I want it.

I felt my feet sprinting for it when Stefan yanked me back pushing me to the floor wide eyed.

"Just one taste!" I cried scrambling to my feet flashing my fangs at him. It's been so long, just one drop.

That smell god it smells so good. I bet it tastes even better.

I zoomed forward banging into Stefan who pushed me towards the locker begging me to calm down. The blood couldn't be more than one hundred metres. It's mine now.

"Let go of me!" I growled kicking his shin causing him to fall to his knees with a groan, I went to run past him when he snatched my leg.

I gasped crashing down to the floor banging my jaw on the tiles. The smell wouldn't go away I have to have that blood.

Ripping into someone's neck. The toothsome tempting liquid was all I could smell, hear, want.

I tried kicking his hands away from my legs as he snarled his fangs at me. I've never felt such need to snap his neck.

"Get off me! I need it" I growled.

"I'm not letting you do this, I'm not letting you fall. Calm down!" He growled standing to his feet holding me down.

"No! You can fight this you're stronger than this, than him. I won't let you-" he said. My sight went fuzzy a dry taste in my mouth.

"Remember who you are" a familiar voice rang in my mind. I know that voice. But who owns it?

"Remember" the voice whispered as I fell to my knees. 

"You have to fight this Aria..." Stefan exclaimed before a moment he knelt in front of me.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry Stefan" I breathed horrified at my actions he nodded understandingly a small smile indulging me in a hug. 

"That was a close one huh?" he said pulling me up I took a deep breath.

"It's dinner time" Nathaniel called out on the intercom.

"Attention please. You have a task my little rippers. There's a very terrified student in the school who I'm going to murder in approximately twenty minutes" He mused making my stomach twist.

"You can save her...or you can save the pretty little blonde Caroline. You know what I'll do to her Aria" Nathaniel sang making me shiver.

No. Please god not Caroline. He'd turn her into a ripper. Not a chance I'm letting that happen.

"It's got me all hot and bothered. This is so exciting. I wonder who'll you'll save?" He said darkly with a chesty laugh.

"You have twenty minutes before I kill them both. Then I'm coming for you" he piped the intercom shutting off.

I shared a lost look at Stefan. An innocent student or one of our closest friends. We've twenty minutes. Holy shit.

"We'll get Caroline. Together. No way in hell am I letting you go anywhere out of my sights or near that bastard" he breathed.

"What about the student?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows."No. We are not leaving an innocent kid here to die-" he cut me off.

"We will save them both" he stated determined I nodded a sigh of relief. He kissed my forehead as I pushed back my fear.

We scurried down the hall after conniving our plan. I halted as we were running past the swimming pool door.

Was that crying?

Stefan immediately halted his shoes squeaking on the floor seeing I'd stopped he frowned hearing the cries to.

I jolted the door open stepping inside slowly Stefan beside me as we walked through I smelt the chlorine and smell of people's feet.

"Help!" Caroline's voice cried I gasped running around the corner.

There Caroline hung by strings above the swimming pool calling out for help tears streaming down her face.

She looked to us wide eyed relieved to see us. "Oh my god" Stefan breathed as he ran along the side of the pool.

There was something off here. Why hang her there? Above the pool.

"Guys" she exclaimed stuttering through her breaths. "Care! Thank god. Are you hurt?" I asked following Stefan.

"The ropes have vervain on them! I woke up here. Who in the hell is that pompous dick on the intercom?" she said.

"He's a very bad guy, we will explain once we get you down" Stefan said beginning to untie the ropes from the poles.

"I'm so sorry Care" I said ashamed she's in this because of me. Everyone is. 

"It's not you're fault Aria" she breathed shaking her head. But it is. "We're going to get you out okay, I promise" I said helping Stefan. "Aria you know you attract a lot of crazy guys" she said with a chuckle. Thank my gold stars she doesn't know why he's after us. 

"Tell me about it" Stefan and I said in sync I pursed my lips at him while he made a face saying "It's true".

That's when the tearing of rope happened we swung on our heels to see the ropes snapping around Caroline thats's when a large rock came flying down from the ceiling splashing into the water and she plumetted down with a scream. The rock was holding her under the suffocating water as she splashed and kicked. 

I ran straight forward diving right into the water but the moment the water hit me my entire body began to sting like fire. Vervain. I screamed coming to surface vervain in my eyes and throat I couldn't see properly my hands burned blotchy and red.

"What in the hell?! Aria!" Stefan screamed from the sidelines I was in utter scorching pain coughing my own blood up. "T-There's vervain in the water. I have to get Caroline!" I exclaimed swimming towards her, my body felt as if I had a million open cuts and I was swimming in lemon juice. I swam under fighting the fiery pain I must hurry.

She was slowly starting to lose conscious as I pulled her body out of the ropes then placing her arm around my shoulder. My eyes were on fire as I swam up seeing Stefan's blurred figure above the water his hand grabbed mine yanking us out of the water.

"Drink" Stefan said his wrist to Caroline's mouth as I coughed up water dripping wet my skin starting to heal. Caroline pushed his wrist away after a moment calming she was okay I didn't blink before Stefan had his wrist in my mouth and the taste of his blood.

"I'm going to murder t-that asshole" Caroline spat. "No, I will" Stefan stated coldly staring into the distance. 

"You saved me" Caroline breathed looking at me coughing her hair to her feet soaking wet she'd healed all scars gone away. Did she think I'd leave her?

"You're one of her best friends. Mine to. Do you think we'd leave you behind?" Stefan said to her his eyebrows furrowed. "No. But you should have. We're all going to die now" she said looking down.

"No we won't. We're all getting out of here. Then I'm going to give that prick what he deserves" Stefan said looking at me. I chuckled sadly moving his wrist away sitting up I healed completely thanks to him.

"Mothers head on a plate" I breathed he nodded. "Who is this man? Why is he after you" Caroline asked quietly looking between us confused. 

I went to speak but Stefan squeezed my arm slightly shaking his head, well that's just going to make Caroline's imagination go into frenzy if I don't tell her now. 

"I don't care what it is, I've always known you both to be honest, caring, courages above all my best friends. That won't ever change. I know you've some treacherous secret you want to bury. But I don't care what you did" she spoke.

"Care" I said hugging her tight she hugged me back letting out a relived sigh. "I love you. You don't have to tell me why he's after you. Let's just kill him" she said I smiled into her shoulder. "I love yo

 "We have to keep moving" I urged thinking of that poor student Nathaniel has tied up bleeding somewhere. "

"Come on" Stefan said as we ran to the doors leaving trails of wet footprints behind us. We have ten minutes. 

We were on our way towards the pumping heart. Stefan ran through the doors thats when Caroline stumbled falling to her knees I turned around running back to help her up. "No!" Stefan called the two doors swung shut leaving him on the other side. 

"Stefan!" I called out yanking on the doors they weren't budging he was banging on the other side. "Crap!" Caroline splured as we pulled on the handles and he pushed. 

"What the hell!" Stefan growled pushing the doors they wouldn't budge. "Ste

"Aria. There's only one exit left we haven't tried. The schools front doors. You, Caroline and I will make it out those doors. Just maybe not at the same time" he began. No no no. I am not losing him now.

"Stefan! Don't you dare! We can break through come on!" I panicked banging my fists against the door with Caroline. I won't lose him. "Damn it" Caroline muttered kicking the door. 

"Hey hey it's going to be fine. I'll grab the student and I'll be out before you know it, might even beat you to the doors. Just run I'll meet you there okay" he said.

"No! Stefan we said we'd do this together. You're not going after the student alone" I fought back shaking my head.

"But Stef..." I breathed. 

I can't leave him here. "You need to get yourself and Caroline out. Both of you go. Now" he said. "Stefan what if you're caught?" Caroline exclaimed wide eyed.

"I won't. I'm me remember. Just make sure Aria gets out of here Caroline, please" Stefan said. "I will" she replied.

"I have faith in you Stef. Grab the kid. Get the hell out of there. I'll be waiting Stef" I said it's taking everything to leave him. But I know Stefan. He will make it out

"I'll see you at the doors Ar" he said his footsteps distanced I took a deep breath nodding as Caroline and I made a break for the front of the school.  

"We're almost there!" Caroline called as we sprinted through the hallways. Our shoes clapped on the footsteps of the stairs bursting through the last hallways doors. I hope Stefan is right behind us.

Once we get out of here I'm confessing everything to Nik. This is where my lies got me. I put myself here I could have just told them all the truth. Once I tell Nik I don't know what will happen. Will he turn away. Will he still love me. I don't know what Damon will think my mind has always told me he will hate me he would never look or speak to me again. 

I guess I'm about to find out. "We're gonna make it" I said seeing the front doors. I frowned seeing what looked like the lights of police cars reflecting off the . 

"What in the hell-" Caroline was cut off by Stefan's piercing scream. 

I froze. Stefan. My feet immediately turned around as my eyes widened. 

 "Go" I told her she furrowed her eyebrows shaking her head. "Aria! No we have to go. I told him I'd get you out of here" Caroline said pulling my arm I yanked it away.

"I said go Caroline. I won't leave him behind. Run. Don't look back okay" I said taking her hands. "The exits just up there! You'll make it out" I urged her to go.

"You could die! You don't deserve to. Stefan would never forgive me I'd never forgive myself" she baffled. "He's my brother" I stated strongly before I let go of her giving a small smile. I know what I have to do.

"Go find everyone. Find Damon. I'll be right behind you with Stefan and the student okay?" I spoke backing away as her lips wobbled. "Care. Thank you" I said as she nodded running towards the doors outside.

I zoomed down the hallways towards the place where Stefan and I were split up. Where are you? That's when I realised the pumping heart, the student. It stopped. Oh no. I made my way as fast as lightning to where the smell of blood was. Stefan must be there. But he isn't alone.

The smell of thick blood was coming from the cafeteria that's when I saw the stained bloody handprints on the doors. I peeked through to see the cafeteria blood was marked on the floor. Control yourself Aria.

The student lay frozen on the table the life drained out of her there was no light, no life. Her arm draped over the side of the table blood dripping from her fingers, a drop fell I could practically hear the sizzle when it reached the floor. It was still hot. 

The cafeteria was empty, that poor girl- Oh my god. Are those marks on her neck what I think they are? She'd been killed by a....vampire. No. No Stefan..Stef wouldn't have. No. I heard footsteps not metres away coming from around the bend. 

"Stefan!" I called out I hope he's okay. There was no reply. The footsteps stopped. My eyes widened as I suddenly realised I'd just done the most dangerous thing I could have done. I'm such an idiot. My body felt cold as the footsteps slowly started up again.

I swung on my heel I had no where to hide, I can't fight him. My eyes caught to the lockers in prayer that was a locker I recognised. That was Elena's locker the one she never ever locked I scurried towards it. Could Elena save me without even realising it. The irony.

Quietly opening it I smiled in relief she came through, the footsteps were so close now I climbed inside and held my breath. He was in the hallway now I could feel his smile. Stefan where are you. He must have got away I beg. 

I bit down on my sleeve to stop myself from crying, or breathing. The footsteps slowly paced down the hall. I won't die, I'll fight for my brothers. I will make it back to them. 

I peeked through the holes in the locker seeing just the other lockers across the hall the footsteps were still going. That's when he slowly stepped in sight luring outside my locker but he was looking down the hallway.

"Ashes Ashes. They. All. Fell. Down" he said stopping, slowly a grin appeared on his face as he instantly looked me in the eyes through the hole. I jolted back into the locker as he laughed in hysterics clapping his hands. "Found you" he mused flashing his pearly white teeth.

He yanked open the door I gasped wide eyed my hands clung to the sides of the locker. 

"Tut. Tut. Don't hate the player. Hate the game" he drawled his eyes grown dark a wicked green colour he grabbed me by the hair and tossed me to the floor with a growl. I muttered things under my breath as I rolled onto my back.

"There she is. Them big big blue beautiful eyes....beautiful" he spoke happily bending down beside me. He ran his fingers along my cheek with a humming sound a smile lingering. I smacked his hand away with a growl pushing myself away from him.

"Oh come on kitten. Don't be shy. We're well past that" he taunted watching me as if I was prey on the floor his head tilting to the side. I glared at him backing myself up against the lockers.

"Zippy lips. Don't want to talk? That's okay we have plenty of time" he drawled intertwining his fingers looking down at me. I blinked slowly staring into space I won't give him the satisfaction. 

"You know what why don't you just kill me Nathaniel-" he cut me off with some exasperating sigh smiling from ear to ear. "There it is" he breathed with a chuckle. 

"What? My plead for death? Is that what you wanted. To see me give up?" I asked gritting my teeth looking up at him. 

"You're sweet melodic voice. The sound of my name on you're twisted little tongue gives me pleasure you couldn't imagine" he replied making my stomach turn. This bastard.

"Just kill me. I'd rather die then end up as one of you're little ripper slaves" I retorted thinking of what Silas had shown me Nathaniel was making a ripper army. That's when his smile dropped and he kicked me across the face. The impact stung like a bitch as I hit the cold floor.

"That's not my endgame kitten. We got a lot of shock and awe to do" he stated running his hand through my hair. "You know our story is marvellous kitten. The rigid hound searches for his wily fox. Love that has no boundaries. Much better than that Shakespeare banter. Now this. Our story. This will go down in history" he said pulling me up. 

"You could walk away right now Nathaniel. Stefan and I won't tell a soul. Take my mother with you while you're at it. No one has to know. You can go on living. My family will kill you if they know about you. Nik will kill you trust me-" he cut me off.

"Trust you? No no kitten. Didn't I teach you the rules? Remember. Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broke. But you can still see the crack in that motherfucking reflection" he seethed then smacked me it stung like being burned with an iron. "Looks like I'm going to have to teach you everything all over again" he breathed as I clutched my cheek holding back my tears.

That's the one thing I can't ever do in front of him. He hates crying. He slammed his hand down on the ground making me flinch. 

"HUH! You going to make more comments? Test me test me right or wrong ripper" he yelled starting to talk crazy under his breath. Oh god he's having one of his schizo breakdowns. I know what to do.

"Just come home. Come home to me kitten. We can be like we were. I won't hurt you" he whispered pulling me into his arms making me shiver he roughly patted my back talking crazy under his breath. Muttering things about family, rippers, heaven and hell.

"The voices in my head say you love me. Tell me so" he murmured. "I'll go with you. Yes Nathaniel. Let's go home" I lied that's when he began giggling under his breath.

"You're trying to fool me? I know you. You know me" he breathed in my ear before smelling my hair. "Strawberries" he said calmly.

"I've been planning this for so long kitten. We're going to be a family again. You and me, Stefan and our army in a tree" he mused laughing to himself before pushing me to the floor climbing over me.

"Do you understand that! We're going to be a family, all of us. Ripper" he roared in my face I flinched my body felt numb. "You're dog isn't coming! We are leaving forever. You're mine" he said quietly standing up.

"I'm going to make you brilliant again. The Kieran Ripper. My goddess" he drawled excitedly.

"All I need is you're lips on blood. I see you're on an animal diet. Cute. I'll make sure Stefan regrets that to" he said making my eyes widened. "Stay away from him-" he cut me off punching me in the jaw.

"Oh Aria" he sang then kicked me in the stomach making me cry out.

"Kicking someone while there down. Classy till the end Nathaniel" I mumbled as he stood above me with a sickening smile. It then disappeared as he kicked me in the face with a scream.

"Don't!...disrespect me. Never call me that! I am master to you" he seethed. "You know. Sometimes when I'm really mad you should tie me down like a balloon so I don't fly away" he said nonchalantly.

"What's that look? Thinking about someone you're never going to see again?" Nathaniel grinned crouching in front of me. "You think you've put me through hell? It will reign back down on you" I replied coldly.

"You know what. Let it reign" he said cackling. 

"Think about what you're doing!" I replied jolting up only for him to smash me into the locker pinning my hands above my head making me groan in pain as the back of my head swelled. "Oh I'm thinking about it kitten" he whispered his icy breath brushed against my neck.

"God you're mother is nothing compared to the flavours you consist of" he murmured. I'm going to puke.

His eyes looked me up and down grinning as I glared at him holding back my spit. That's when his chapped lips were forced upon mine. I pushed him back sending him with a thump into the lockers he grinned.

"Here's the bitter moment Aria. You still want to know about what happened the night you died?" that caught me by surprise. My eyes widened looking at him my lips parted. He knew who I was then, he was with mother. No it couldn't be.

"There are some things your mind has been hiding from you" he whispered in my ear.

"You and you're papa were so scared. It was the most thrilling night of our lives" he breathed latching his hand to my head sending a piercing pain through my head he covered my mouth my muffled scream wouldn't be heard.

It felt like nails were drilling through my skull images of my life overpassing my eyes. Is this it? Am I going to be lost forever he's going to make me a ripper again. This is it it's over. I'm never going to see my brothers again. I'll never see their smiles again or hear their hearty laughs, annoying jokes or constant fighting.

I'm never going to see Nik again. I'll never see his big blue eyes, his dimples or that smile. I won't ever hear his voice again, feel his touch, kiss him. I'm going to lose him forever. I shouldn't cry. Stefan made it out. He made it out. I can perish in that sense of relief.

That's when I saw it. How my father and I truly died. Why he treated us so badly after mother died. Oh my god. My eyes shot open locking on Nathaniel he wiggled his eyebrows I flashed my fangs at him punching him across the face.

Oh my god. My poor father. My dad.

Veins grew beneath my eyes as anger over threw me. I tackled Nathaniel to the ground digging my nails into his chest he laughed. "You bastard!" I screamed that's when he struck me with a wave of his magic I couldn't breath he was cutting off the workings of my lungs. 

"Y-You will die. Mark my words" I barely got out as he pushed me to the floor. "ME? Die. No no kitten. I am immortal" he spat that's when I took everything I had lifting up my leg and kicked him straight where the sun didn't shine. He screamed in pain losing the will to stand.

My air immediately came back as his knees smacked down on the floor. I took my chance taking a deep breath sprinting away with his laughter behind me. My legs moved faster than ever before I can't believe I got away. 

I bolted my way through the doors and down the stairs. My head wouldn't stop replaying the night I died. So that's what really happened. I will kill mother. I am going to kill her. For my brother and my father. 

I was on my way down the hall when I felt some kind of force beneath my feet, that's when my body flew back in the direction I'd been running from. No!

I dug my nails into the floor so hard it left scratch marks I won't lose. I will make it back to them, to him. I grit my teeth as my nails broke scratching into the floor the force was so strong. Magic.

That's when I was sucked back through the slamming doors into a pit of darkness with a scream. I felt a hand over my mouth. I know that smell. 

Third Person's POV.

Stefan groaned waking up on the cold bathroom floor. The moment his eyes opened he shot up confused seeing he was in the girls bathroom on the damp floor. He quickly scrambled to his feet in a panic wondering just how long he'd been there. Had the girls made it out? When truly Caroline was waiting outside the school watching her wrist watch. They had two minutes before the game was over. Aria was all the way on the other side of the building making her way to the front doors.

He was in a frenzy muttering Caroline and Aria under his breath. That's when he felt the wet liquid on his lips the familiar taste. Slowly he touched his mouth seeing red on his finger his eyes widened horrified. 

The mirror answered his questions he'd killed the student, but he doesn't remember doing it. He just knows he did it. Staring at himself ashamed shaking his head tears in his eyes wondering what he'd done. 

He bolted out of the toilets sprinting for the front doors he pushed the guilt away he just needed to make it out to his sister, he knew it would be okay. Full of relief he made it to the last hallway seeing the lights of police cars and huddled students watching the school from afar. His eyes locked on Caroline watching her watch from a distance as he reached the doors pulling on the handle expecting them to open. 

When it didn't. 

His eyes slowly groomed as he realised the doors were spelled shut. He slowly looked up devastated but was happy Aria made it out that was all he wanted. He frowned when Caroline looked up wide eyed.

Aria wasn't with her. 

His eyes locked on Caroline tears streaming down his face, somehow he knew what was about to happen he figured out why they had 20 minutes. 

"Caroline?" Elijah called her leaping out of his car her breath hitched she was staring straight at the doors were Stefan stood behind the glass their eyes locked on one another. The fear in his eyes wasn't because he knew he was going to die. It was because he knew his sister was going to die with him but alone.

"STEFAN!" Caroline screamed about to run forward.

"Times up" 

That's when fire brew up and the entire school blew to pieces causing Caroline to be blown back to the ground with the force. Shrieks and havoc erupted from the crowd as Damon and Nik appeared from the with the rest of the Mikaelsons all pushing through and past the students. Their eyes spotted Caroline hobbling to her knees.

"Aria! Stefan" she screamed at the burning school that was crumpling to dust. Damon froze hearing her scream their names at a blown up school he shook his head frowning swallowing hard shaking his head the fire reflecting in his eyes. 

"They didn't make it out" Caroline sobbed making Damon stop walking, he slowly fell to his knees his mind fogged. His little brother and sister were dead.

Rebekah gasped covering her mouth tears brimming in her eyes "No!" she bawled falling into Kol's arms, he was in shock not sure what was really happening.

And there stood Nik. Frozen.

That is how Aria and Stefan Salvatore died.

JOKING! Joking. They ain't dead. But boy is the next chapter intense hold on to you're seats. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I wonder what are you're theories as to where Aria went? How her and Papa Salvatore really died. It's crazy I'll give you that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 2.5K 53
Pietro e Beatrice hanno sempre avuto un rapporto complicato. Lo avevano quando si erano appena conosciuti e, due anni e mezzo dopo, la situazione non...
13.4K 491 15
Mayla Guiu sin da piccola ha sempre odiato Hector il migliore amico di Marc, il fratello. Un giorno però a causa degli studi e del separamento dei su...
200K 7.5K 70
«"Dimmi che non è un addio", così lontana ma anche così vicina» ⇨♥ «Lo sapevo che non te sarebbe andata bene, non sei il tipo de persona che da secon...
32.9K 2.1K 32
«L'universo ci ha presi in ostaggio, Bianca»