The Hero of Shadow Hunter (En...

Av Ac1er_mi

A boy who has been suffering this whole time finally earns a second chance through a tragedy that threatens h... Mer

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
21.5
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
100
101
102
103
104

99

678 33 12
Av Ac1er_mi

After Nighteye killed the dungeon boss, he came out with Izuku. As soon as they came out of the dungeon, they were immediately greeted by Nighteye's sidekick and also several agents assigned there. Seeing Nighteye who managed to survive, his two sidekicks and an intern immediately approached him. They looked worried, especially for Bubble Girl and the blonde intern who was also with them.

Izuku momentarily watched their interaction before reporting about what happened in the dungeon. After finishing his report, Izuku then approached Nighteye and his group.

" Sir Nighteye "

Hearing Izuku's call, Nighteye immediately turned his eyes to him, as did the people around him.

" How's your condition? "

" I'm fine, by the way, thank you. Thanks to you I was able to get out safely. "

Following Nighteye who bowed his head in thanks, his sidekick also followed him to thank Izuku.

" No need to thank me, I'm just carrying out my duties. By the way, are these people your sidekicks? "

" Yes, you may have met her, this girl is Bubble Girl, then this is Centipeder, and this is a student who is interning at my agency, Lemilion. "

" I see "

Izuku noticed the blonde young man who was looking at him. For some reason, he felt like he had seen him somewhere, and after searching his memory he finally remembered that he had seen his face at the UA sports festival a long time ago.

" Lemilion, you're a UA student, right? "

Lemilion, whose real name is Mirio Togata, was surprised by how Izuku recognized him despite Nighteye not mentioning him. He didn't even bother hiding his expression of surprise, though it was more of an expression of admiration.

" how do you know? "

" I saw you at the last sports festival, so you can let go of the formalities, after all, I'm younger than you. "

" I-I see, yeah... well it's nice if someone as great as the guild master recognizes me, I think I'll become a pro soon...

 just kidding. "

" ... "

Izuku was silent for a moment watching Mirio's ridiculous behavior fail to be funny. Just from looking at him, Izuku could feel that he was an optimistic person, the complete opposite of him. Apart from that, seeing him always smiling for some reason reminded him of All Might, which made his mood drop a little.

Izuku quickly erased those useless thoughts and returned to the topic he wanted to talk to Nighteye about.

" Sir Nighteye, since you have become an awakener, please go to the association to do a test. It is also a good idea for you to take Hunter training to control the mana that is now in your body, it doesn't matter if you don't work as a Hunter afterward, but please wish you as much as possible will receive calls from the association to raid dungeons or if an emergency occurs. "

Hearing Izuku's long explanation, Nighteye just nodded in agreement with his explanation.

" yes  "

" ah! Also if you might be thinking of changing jobs, the Dawn guild will always be open to you. "

" Sure, I'll think about it when that time comes. "

Izuku and Nighteye's group continued their conversation with his sidekick who asked Izuku several questions regarding Hunter's work. After a long conversation, Nighteye finally decided to end their conversation since Nighteye and the others had to return to work immediately.

" Sorry, I seem to have wasted your time. "

" It's not like that guild master, but thank you for answering our questions. "

" No problem, if you have more questions you can ask them directly to the association Hunter "

" Yes, I will keep that in mind "

After finishing his conversation with Izuku, Nighteye turned to his sidekicks and then gave them instructions to continue their work which had been postponed.

" Mirio and Centipeder, you can continue your patrol, Bubble and I will continue our part, and if anything happens, contact me immediately. "

" Yes, Sir! "

Izuku momentarily watched how Nighteye gave directions to his subordinates which for a moment reminded him of Ichirou in the past. This undoubtedly made Izuku's mood drop again, but he quickly erased those thoughts and diverted them to something else. He walked over to Nighteye's group and spoke to them again.

" By the way, if you don't mind, could I come along for a walk with Togata-san? Coincidentally, the place Togata-san is patrolling is in the same direction as Dawn's office. "

Nighteye seemed silent for a moment while looking at Izuku carefully. After a short silence, Nighteye then gave his response.

" Well, I'm not sure, how about you Mirio? "

" I don't mind I feel honored to be with the greatest Hunter in Japan. "

Hearing Mirio's positive answer, Nighteye just sighed. Even though he didn't show it too much, Nighteye was a little worried. He was worried that something would happen if he left Mirio with Izuku.

Nighteye's worries were not unfounded, they came from the unpleasant aura he felt from Izuku when they first met, which also left a bad first impression. Even though it's not good to judge people too quickly on a first meeting, the frightening aura that occasionally radiates from Izuku makes it hard to forget him.

" Fine if you agree, but make sure to be careful "

" Okay sir "

" Alright, you can go "

Following Nighteye's instructions, both Mirio and Nighteye's sidekicks began to move to their destination. Izuku followed them after giving a brief farewell to the Hunter association agents.

*
*
*

Izuku and Mirio, who had left the location where the gate appeared, walked slowly through the city. While accompanying Mirio on patrol, Izuku occasionally talks about Mirio.

" Hmm... so your hero name means your wish to save millions of people? Is that why you wrote one million on your costume? "

" It's a bit embarrassing, but it's true. However, not all I want to be is a human who saves millions of people. "

" like All Might? "

" Yeah, almost like that "

" Then Lemilion-san, are you also a fan of All Might? "

" Not to the point of being a fan, but I admire him since he is also a teacher at my school, even though he is more focused on teaching first grade. "

" I see "

" But if we talk about fans, it's Sir, he spends every free time watching All Might videos. "

" Yes, I've heard of him too. After all, he's a sidekick who worked with All Might several years ago. "

While Izuku and Mirio were talking, Izuku suddenly felt a presence quickly approaching them which made him stop for a moment and turn his head in the direction the presence came from. When he looked towards the dark alley beside him, in the darkness he could see a girl running towards them.

" What's wrong guild master? "

Izuku didn't respond to Mirio's question and instead paid attention to the girl's frightened expression who just kept running as if her life was being threatened. The little girl he saw continued to run scared and didn't even realize Izuku was in front of him until she stumbled right in front of Izuku. He quickly caught the girl before her body could hit the ground.

Mirio was also surprised and confused by the sudden appearance of the little girl from the dark alley, especially with Izuku who immediately responded as if he already knew where the girl was.

Izuku took a moment to take in the appearance of the pale white-haired little girl shaking in his arms. Apart from his frightened expression, his legs and arms were covered with quite thick bandages. And just as he was about to lower her to help her up, she wouldn't let go, and her grip tightened when a voice called out to him from behind the darkness.

" Didn't I tell you not to bother the heroes? "

As the voice got closer, a man wearing a mask that looked like a bird's beak came closer.

" Sorry for how my daughter's behavior, Hero. She often plays and hurts herself, it's quite troublesome. "

Despite the calm tone the man used, it could not hide the murderous intent he harbored. Apart from that judging from Lemilion who momentarily flinched, it seemed like he knew the man's identity, especially the response he gave next, only added to the confirmation that there was something about this man in front of them.

" We also want to apologize for bumping into her. That wonderful mask is from Hassaikai, right? It's famous around here. "

" Yeah, just ignore my mask, I'm just sensitive to dust. You're both novice heroes, right? "

" That- "

" That's true, but unfortunately we are still beginners and only do small tasks "

Before Mirio could answer, Izuku cut him off. Mario, who was confused, also looked at Izuku but was momentarily confused by the appearance of Izuku who was wearing knight equipment to cover his face and his appearance that appeared out of nowhere. Izuku had deactivated the invisible function of the equipment he was wearing right before the man approached them.

Even though Izuku's appearance looked a bit ridiculous with some armor that didn't match the red helmet he was wearing, no one cared about that, and neither did the man in front of him.

" I see, then which agency are you from? "

" Well, unfortunately, we are only students doing internships, there are still many things we have to learn. "

" I see... "

" Ah! That's right, we still have work to do around the city before noon, so let's go. "

Before things got worse, Mirio immediately decided to stop their conversation and chose to report this incident to Nighteye later. He even patted Izuku's shoulder inviting him to leave. But contrary to his wishes, Izuku didn't move an inch and still had a smiling face while looking at the man in front of him.

" Well, it looks like it will be difficult for me to do that since your daughter doesn't want to let me go. Besides, wouldn't it be better if we took this child to the hospital for an examination, I'm a bit worried about the bandages on her hands and feet which are too thick. "

" That's because she often gets hurt."

" Yes, that could happen, but if your child is shaking with fear like this, there must be something wrong. "

" She was just scared because I scolded him earlier. "

Mirio, noticing the increasing gravity of the situation, tries to persuade Izuku to leave, but the result is still the same. Izuku still didn't move from his place while maintaining his pretty unweary smile.

" I see, but it seems like you went a little overboard when you scolded this child. "

" This is indeed our family's way of educating, which is a bit harsh. "

Feeling offended by Izuku's words, the man in front of them narrowed his eyes, the tone he used also sounded quite annoyed.

" I see, but do you mind telling me what happened to this child? Who knows, maybe I can help you, I happen to have naughty siblings. "

For a moment, the man's annoyance seemed to increase as he remained silent for a moment as if to calm himself down, but in the next moment, he immediately took a deep breath before finally answering.

" Hah... I see, I might listen to your suggestion, this might be an embarrassing conversation, so mind if we talk in a quiet place? "

Izuku followed the man in front of them who guided him into a dark alley, meanwhile, Mirio just followed him in silence. Despite the calmness he displayed, inside he was panicking. He didn't expect the situation to develop in this direction, especially knowing the true identities of the two people nearby, he was afraid that a bloodshed scenario might occur.

Realizing Mirio's concern, Izuku spoke telepathically directly to him while calmly walking after the man in front of them.

' For now, just follow along, I'll make sure there's no bloodshed '

Hearing the voice echoing in his head, Mirio only nodded briefly in response. Meanwhile, the man in front of them also started talking.

" Lately I've been quite worried about Eri, whatever I say she always fights. "

" I see, it seems like you have quite a hard time taking care of children. "

" Yes, children are difficult to understand. I don't know what they will become one day...

...really a burden on my mind "

In the pause in the man's sentence, killing intent suddenly radiated from him which was shown to Eri who was in Izuku's arms.

Izuku, who immediately felt the killing intent, was about to respond in the same way but was stopped in his tracks because Mirio and Eri's hands suddenly released their grip.

Eri's sudden action no doubt made Izuku stare even harder at the man in front of him as he watched Eri voluntarily run toward the man.

Seeing her reaction like that, Izuku knew that nothing would be good if he chased her, and because of that, Izuku secretly sent a telepathic message to Eri who was now walking away from Izuku and Mirio.

' don't worry, I promise to protect you, also this is a gift for you '

Along with that sentence, a faint green light appeared on Eri's hands and feet. As soon as the light disappeared the pain in his hands and feet all disappeared thanks to the warm light he felt. Surprised by the miracle, Eri reflexively turned towards Izuku and she could see Izuku smile kindly at her while waving his hand.

Seeing that expression, a small hope began to grow in Eri's little heart as she was taken further into the darkness.

As soon as the figure of the man and Eri disappeared completely, Izuku's smile immediately disappeared and was replaced with a cold expression.

" Togata-san, you know that man's identity, right? "

Hearing the question and the cold tone Izuku used made Mirio, who was previously tense, flinch. He was silent for a moment, wondering how to answer the question.

" Well, as for that, it's better to discuss it directly with Sir. "

*
*
*

Thanks to the unexpected events they experienced, Izuku and Mirio immediately went to meet Nighteye who was also on patrol with Bubble Girl. As soon as they met, Mirio immediately told about his unexpected meeting with a man who turned out to be Chisaki Kai known as the villain Overhaul.

While Mirio was giving the report, Izuku was just silent while listening to what they were talking about, apart from that he also occasionally checked on Eri's condition through the image he placed in his shadow.

From what he heard, it seemed like Nighteye's agency was investigating this man named Chisaki. Izuku felt like he had heard that name somewhere, and after searching his memory, he finally remembered that Chisaki Kai was a member of the Yakuza who led the Shie Hassaikai criminal organization.

Nighteye's agency seems to be investigating the group due to the oddity of the robbery that caused the recent truck accident involving Chisaki and Shie Hassaikai.

After Mirio's explanation was finished, he also added new information that he knew about the whereabouts of Eri, who is Chisaki's daughter.

" That's right sir, even though this was an unexpected meeting, we got new information, Chisaki has a daughter. "

" daughter? "

" Yes, she's a girl named Eri, her hands and feet are quite thickly bandaged, apart from that she also looks scared. The guild master also held her for a moment earlier. "

" Is that right guild master? "

" That's true, and I'm also keeping an eye on her now. "

" keep an eye on her? What do you mean? "

" Just say this is one of my skills, for now, the girl is safe. "

" So then do you know where she is? "

" Yes, I know, I also know how many people are at the headquarters and... "

Izuku was silent for a moment since he heard something surprising from Chisaki's subordinates who approached him.

" What is it? "

" Apparently Chisaki is also connected to the League of Villains."

Surprised by the fact that Izuku said, it immediately shocked Bubble Girl.

" How do you know? "

" Just now he got a phone call from Shikaraki, should I also listen to what they were talking about? "

Hearing the information Izuku gave and how quickly he received the information as if he was there filled both of them with quite a shock. This made Nighteye couldn't help but renew his plan.

Izuku also noticed the seriousness in Nighteye's expression and he spoke again.

" Although this is beyond my authority, therefore I hope you can do something about that girl. I will be happy to provide information regarding their base, but if something bad happens to her, I may have no other choice but to save Eri-chan myself "

Even though Izuku said it in a friendly manner, the cold smile on his face made it sound like a threat. He didn't know what Izuku was going to do, but Nighteye's gut feeling told him that it wouldn't be a good thing, and might become a problem.

" I see, well actually right now I'm asking for help from another agency, but if you are willing to provide the information we would be very grateful "

Satisfied with Nigheye's answer, Izuku smiled again, indicating that he would be watching for now. He then extended his hand to Nighteye, inviting him to shake hands.

" Then I hope for your cooperation, Sir Nighteye. "

" Yes, please for your cooperate as well "

Nighteye accepted handshake, but when his hand touched Izuku's, his vision suddenly went dark. Nighteye's ability activated itself when he came into contact with Izuku, and there he saw a sight he never wanted to see again.

Before his eyes was a view of the city that had been turned into ruins as a giant gate appeared that turned the sky black. In the middle, she could see Izuku's figure trapped in a block of ice with gaping holes in his chest and three strange figures surrounding him.

In that brief moment, Nighteye predicted someone's death, and that person was now standing in front of him with a calm expression on his face.

.

°__________________________________°

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

5.9K 170 6
I was walking down the street when I got hit by a truck and died. Normal people would find this a disturbing sight, but after dying, I was taken to a...
174K 5.9K 22
《Confirmed. Reconstructing the spirit...『Gamers mind』 has been acquired. Report. 『Gamers mind』 and 『Gamers body』 evolved into one skill category: 『G...
99.3K 639 7
A past so terrific that this young Lucifuge had to go and make a deal with a creature that many view as a god to forget it. I do not own Highschool...
30.9K 1K 32
[DISCONTINUED] I highly doubt this book will get my attention again sorrysorry -- A regular girl who hangs out in the library studying during her fre...