Jun You Ji Fou

By kipziart

"Shiyu, my heart does not lie." With these words of deep passion, Chu Mingyun inserts his hand back into his... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90 EXTRA
Chapter 91 EXTRA FINAL

Chapter 3

113 5 0
By kipziart

In the tavern, the songstress's voice was soft and gentle, drifting vaguely into the upstairs attic, a pity that the two men there had no taste for such refinements at the moment, uninterested in listening closely.

Chu Mingyun impatiently fanned himself with a gold-sprinkled fan a few times before finally resting it on the table, breaking the silence, "Six years apart, and instead of visiting my residence, you choose to meet in a tavern. What the hell is Du Yue up to?" He idly spun a white porcelain cup on his fingertips, turning to Qin Zhao beside him, "Can his thick-skulled brain even navigate the streets of the capital?"

Qin Zhao, unusually, didn't argue with the description, replying coldly, "He didn't come to us first upon arriving in the capital; he went straight to his cousin. His cousin will surely accompany him here later. How could he not find his way?"

Chu Mingyun couldn't help but scrutinize Qin Zhao's expression. Although it remained as impassive as ever, the tightness of his lips was enough for Chu to sense a hint of tension.

Six years ago, when he bid farewell to his master and left Cangwu Mountain, he never expected his junior brother to insist on following him. Chu Mingyun had always believed that whether it was hatred or ambition, it was his own affair; he never mentioned it, nor did he want others to interfere.

But Qin Zhao, cold on the outside and warm on the inside, knew nothing yet packed up and stood at his door at dawn, ready to descend the mountain with him. Without a word, and impossible to shake off. It wasn't until Chu Mingyun was about to lose his temper that Qin Zhao finally spoke softly, "Senior brother, master said this path is too hard for you."

And so, Qin Zhao followed him. From the battlefields beyond the frontier to the golden halls of the dynasty, step by step he climbed over bones and spirits, becoming the highly sought-after Grand Commandant, the controversial sycophant.

Chu Mingyun had truly not expected this, especially since Qin Zhao had someone he cared for back on Cangwu Mountain.

Indulging in whims, taking the blame and punishment, Qin Zhao pampered with cautious affection, while Du Yue remained blissfully unaware, only Chu Mingyun, an observer, saw it clearly.

Over the years, Qin Zhao had only taken the opportunity to visit occasionally. However, recently, Du Yue's master passed away, and he had sent word that he would come to Chang'an to find them once he had dealt with the aftermath. In these past few days, Chu Mingyun had noticed Qin Zhao occasionally lost in thought, and now it seemed he was getting cold feet as he neared home.

Oh, and perhaps there was a strong hint of jealousy too.

Chu Mingyun's interest was piqued, and he set down his cup with a meaningful "Oh," "Is it that cousin he always talks about? The one who greets everyone with a smile, gentle and refined, with a face like jade, extraordinarily intelligent, skilled in both music and literature, a marvel to behold?" He laughed mockingly, "I always thought he was just stringing together every complimentary word he knew."

Qin Zhao glanced at him but didn't respond.

Chu Mingyun, somewhat taking pleasure in Qin Zhao's discomfort, laughed until Qin Zhao's face turned visibly darker, barely holding back. He tapped Qin Zhao's shoulder with his folded fan, casually saying, "Meeting him might just be the thing. Half of the capital is in my hands now, and you are the leader of my three thousand shadow guards. Are you afraid of losing to him?"

Qin Zhao's expression softened slightly, and he grunted in acknowledgment but said no more.

Before long, Du Yue arrived, his cheerful "This is the place" accompanying the sound of the door being pushed open. The ornately carved door swung wide, and in the moment of their face-to-face encounter, everyone but Du Yue was taken aback.

"It's been a while!" The youthful brows of the young man still bore traces of immaturity, and his green robe made him appear even younger. Du Yue greeted them with overflowing enthusiasm, yet no one responded.

Upon recognizing the newcomer, Qin Zhao immediately stood up and retreated behind Chu Mingyun, lowering his eyes without uttering a word. Chu Mingyun's gaze shifted from Du Yue to the person behind him, a vague smile slowly forming on his lips.

Confused, Du Yue followed his gaze, turning around to see Su Shiyu, who also smiled faintly upon meeting Chu Mingyun's eyes, "I truly didn't expect to meet Lord Chu here."

Chu Mingyun, propping his chin with his hand, smiled deeper, "It seems Lord Su and I really are fated."

"Let's not talk about fate."

"Hey, you two know each other?" Du Yue awkwardly interjected.

"Just from seeing each other around," Su Shiyu said with a smile, "It was just this morning after court, he seemed a bit out of sorts and held onto me, talking more than usual. Beyond that, we're not close."

"Out of sorts? What did he say?" Du Yue asked curiously.

"It's quite unexpected, you were talking about them being your friends?" Su Shiyu said.

"Yes, my master and their master were close friends, all living on Cangwu Mountain. The mountain only took us three in, and I've known them since I started studying medicine. They're like brothers to me!" Du Yue then asked, "Cousin, what did you say this morning?"

Su Shiyu shifted his gaze back to Chu Mingyun, "Given that, I must thank Lord Chu for looking after him."

"There's no need for formalities with me, Lord Su." Chu Mingyun replied with a smile brimming with amiability.

"Why are you thanking him, cousin?" Du Yue stepped forward and tugged at Qin Zhao's arm, "He's been good to me. Every time Chu Mingyun tries to bully me, it's him who helps me out. You should be thanking him."

Qin Zhao, with his head lowered, glanced at Du Yue in resignation. Du Yue, belatedly realizing the situation, looked around in surprise and then curiously asked, "Qin Zhao, why are you standing over there?"

Qin Zhao remained silent, his eyes lowered. Su Shiyu, with a sweep of his robe, sat down at the table gracefully, lifting his hand with a smile, "No need for formalities at a private gathering. Since you're Ah Yue's friend, why not sit down?"

Hearing that address, Qin Zhao involuntarily frowned and hesitated before looking at Chu Mingyun. Chu Mingyun leisurely opened and closed his fan, laughing without tone, "Since Lord Su has spoken, sitting down won't kill you."

Following the suggestion, Qin Zhao took his seat again. Su Shiyu smiled quietly, while Du Yue started to show his dissatisfaction, "Hey, Chu, what the hell does that mean? You make it sound like my cousin's a cannibal."

Chu Mingyun raised an eyebrow and glanced over, causing Du Yue to instinctively step back. Before he could speak again, Su Shiyu interjected with a calm "Ah Yue."

Du Yue quickly covered his mouth and silently took a seat next to Su Shiyu.

"I do have a question," Su Shiyu smoothly transitioned from the previous topic, "Ah Yue was sent to study medicine from a young age, far from home, beyond the reach of family discipline. By the time it was discovered he had picked up some improper language, it was too late to correct. Initially, I thought the medical saint's school was a mixed bag, but seeing Lord Chu and this gentleman, neither seem uncouth. What's the explanation?"

"Because his master is disrespectful in his old age," Chu Mingyun said languidly.

"Hey—" Du Yue was displeased again, but remembering Su Shiyu's presence, he swallowed his retort, "That's not true. My master just spoke his mind a few times; he's lively."

Qin Zhao looked at Du Yue, not finding his choice of words quite fitting.

Chu Mingyun glanced at him with disinterest.

Du Yue, turning to Su Shiyu with a serious expression, warned, "Cousin, let me tell you, this Chu guy is no good. My master used to say: 'Chu Mingyun is a lunatic when he's happy, and a psychopath when he's not.'"

Chu Mingyun: "..."

"The Medical Saint is indeed extraordinary," Su Shiyu chuckled softly, "But Lord Chu need not take it to heart. How you conduct yourself, I am well aware."

Chu Mingyun tugged at the corner of his mouth, unable to discern whether Su Shiyu's comment was meant to console or mock.

Only Du Yue took it seriously, laughing, "Right? I always thought my master was quite amusing." He scratched his head and added, "But cousin, when it comes to making sharp remarks and blocking people's words, I think even my master isn't as good as you."

The gazes from the other three at the table turned complex upon hearing Du Yue's words.

Whose side are you really on?

Despite everything, Chu Mingyun and Su Shiyu weren't the type who couldn't hold a conversation, and with Du Yue there, the atmosphere at the table remained relatively harmonious. Midway through the banquet, Chu Mingyun and Su Shiyu sporadically discussed political matters, providing Qin Zhao an opportunity to pull Du Yue aside for a private talk.

"Do you know what your cousin does?" he asked.

Du Yue nodded, "Yeah, he's an official."

"And do you know what your senior brother does?" he asked again.

Du Yue nodded, "Yeah, he's an official too."

Qin Zhao suddenly fell silent for a moment before saying, "Never mind, let's go back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 270K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
287K 4.6K 38
"๐‘†๐‘Ž๐‘ฆ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข'๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘š๐‘’๐‘š๐‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘–๐‘› ๐‘Ž ๐‘›๐‘–๐‘๐‘’ ๐‘‘๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘” ๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘›๐‘ ๐‘’๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘’๏ผŒ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘‘ ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘...
454K 15.4K 200
Author:-Orange cat brother Status: Complete Status in COO: 350 chapters +7 extras Which group is mainly covered by this publicity program? In order...