Jun You Ji Fou

Par kipziart

"Shiyu, my heart does not lie." With these words of deep passion, Chu Mingyun inserts his hand back into his... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90 EXTRA
Chapter 91 EXTRA FINAL

Chapter 78

260 7 0
Par kipziart

And then, for seven days, there was no sign of Su Shiyu. It wasn't until the end of the travel restriction that Chu Mingyun finally saw him in the court.

Su Shiyu stood on the right, with his usual gentle and reserved demeanor. However, Chu Mingyun couldn't shake the feeling that he appeared slightly thinner, his jawline more defined, and his neck gracefully outlined.

As they left the court, Li Yanzhen stopped Su Shiyu for questioning. Chu Mingyun walked out alone, paused for a moment, and then leaned against the crimson palace wall in silence.

Chang'an city grew colder, with crimson clouds hanging low, slender pine trees, and a light snowfall in the cold wind. Chu Mingyun, seemingly lost in thought, stared into the distance as the snow gently fell on his shoulders.

After an unknown amount of time, Chu Mingyun finally heard familiar footsteps. Before he could turn, a soft voice echoed in the silence, "Brother Su!"

A young girl appeared from somewhere, running towards them, holding a crab-blue umbrella to shield them from the snow. Chu Mingyun furrowed his brow slightly and recognized her as the musician from Xiangyang city.

Without thinking, she turned her head, and Su Shiyu, noticing her peculiar expression, took the umbrella from her and raised it, revealing a snowy field with faint footprints and a water stain on the crimson palace wall, but no one in sight. "What's going on?" he asked.

She hesitated before shaking her head, "Nothing."

Su Shiyu didn't press further and asked, "Why did you suddenly come to the capital?"

"Sir," she lowered her voice, "something happened."

Su Shiyu glanced around and signaled for silence. Only when they reached his residence and entered the study did he, while brushing off the snow on his robe, speak, "You had to come to the capital personally to report, waiting in front of the palace without delay. It seems like a serious matter?"

The girl, Lan Yi, began, "Sir, did His Majesty truly fall into a poison-induced coma not long ago?"

Su Shiyu paused, looking at her, "How did you know?"

"So, it's true?" Lan Yi looked serious. "A few days ago, while staying in Luoyang, I happened to be invited to play the zither at a private banquet. There were only two or three guests, and as they drank more, they forgot to avoid me. I overheard their conversation and learned that the mastermind was none other than the Prime Minister of Hejian, Yuan Min. They discussed His Majesty's poisoning, and it seems like they received secret information that the court suspects the nobles are behind it and plans to send troops to suppress them, completely wiping them out. Sir, you know, since the Enfeoffment Decree, the nobles' power has crumbled, and the legitimate and illegitimate sons are in constant conflict, making them weak. Yuan Min is afraid that this time they will be completely wiped out by the court."

Su Shiyu frowned slightly, "The court has no intention of suppressing the nobles. The information they obtained is likely intentionally spread."

"Also, sir," Lan Yi continued, "it's not just Yuan Min who received the news. Yuan Min mentioned that he came here to inquire on behalf of several fiefdoms commissioned by Hejian. The pressure is immense. If things don't work out, they won't be able to face their lords when they go back."

"Things don't work out?" Su Shiyu's eyes narrowed slightly. "What do they want to happen?"

"I don't know," Lan Yi said. "Yuan Min seemed apprehensive and carefully avoided certain topics."

Su Shiyu pondered for a moment, sighed, and then spoke as he brushed off the snow on his robe, "I will pay more attention to this. Thank you for your efforts."

Lan Yi smiled, "Sir, you're too kind..."

At this moment, Su Bai suddenly entered, "Sir, Minister Yue..." He caught sight of Lan Yi, and his expression changed from surprise to a forced lift of the lips, "Oh, why are you in Chang'an?"

Lan Yi glanced at him and then looked away, humming softly, "Certainly not to find you."

"Who cares if you're looking for me," Su Bai said disdainfully. "Not to criticize, but have you gained weight again?"

Lan Yi turned her head abruptly, widened her eyes, "You're blind—"

"Wait until you two finish arguing," Su Shiyu said somewhat helplessly, looking at Su Bai, "What's going on?"

Su Bai quickly retracted his gaze, "Minister Yue has arranged a feast in the restaurant and invites you to attend."

"Did he mention the reason?" Su Shiyu asked.

"No, just said he hopes you can go there," Su Bai replied.

The frost covered the city, with blue bricks and gray tiles setting off the falling white snow, like a scroll of ink painting. The hustle and bustle of the world seemed to be swallowed by the wind, making the area around the city gate appear desolate. A quiet restaurant on a side street was even more silent. The hall had no customers, and the owner had disappeared. Black-clad guards stood on both sides of the stairs, guarding the quiet rooms upstairs where two people sat facing each other.

The middle-aged man with a refined appearance placed a wooden box on the table and pushed it over, "Please."

Chu Mingyun absentmindedly lifted the lid of the wooden box with his white fingers, revealing a box full of shimmering golden objects. Without much expression, he closed it again, "What does Master Yuan mean by this?"

The Prime Minister of Hejian, Yuan Min, smiled, "A token of our goodwill, a sincere gesture."

Chu Mingyun picked up the wine jug again, casually poured a full cup, and added, "I don't understand. Why not speak directly?"

"Lord Chu is indeed straightforward." Yuan Min paused, then spoke carefully, "I came here on behalf of my master to seek your assistance in times of crisis, Lord Chu."

Chu Mingyun looked at him with a half-smile, "Are you trying to harm me?"

Yuan Min's expression stiffened, "... If Lord Chu says so, it seems that the information we received is true." He sighed heavily, "Since both Lord Chu and I know the truth, let me be straightforward. My master sent me here, hoping that in times of danger, Lord Chu could lend a helping hand."

Chu Mingyun glanced at him with a smile that didn't reach his eyes, "What does it have to do with me?"

"Now, who in the world doesn't know that military power is in your hands?" Yuan Min said. "No one's words can reassure us more than Lord Chu's. Now that Lord Chu knows the truth as well, we hope that you can help us, who are loyal to our master. If he is implicated due to the actions of others, it will be truly heartbreaking."

"Is it my concern?" Chu Mingyun asked.

"Now, everyone knows that you hold the military power," Yuan Min continued. "No one's words can reassure us more than yours. Now that Lord Chu knows the truth as well, we hope that you can

help us, who are loyal to our master. If he is implicated due to the actions of others, it will be truly heartbreaking."

Chu Mingyun raised his cup again, "You want me to protect you, but what benefit does it bring to me?" He gestured with his cup, "Besides, how can I trust you when you speak of loyalty without evidence?"

Yuan Min looked directly at him, "What does Lord Chu want?"

Chu Mingyun lightly chuckled, slowly lifting his gaze, "I want control over the military power in your fiefdoms. Are you willing to give it up?"

Yuan Min's posture instantly tensed, and his hands gripped together tightly. He didn't answer for a moment.

Having emptied the wine, Chu Mingyun poured another cup and spoke slowly, "Isn't this the best way to prove your loyalty to the court? Since the military power has already been divided among the heirs, holding on to that meager amount won't achieve anything. What's the point, except for seeking peace of mind?"

Yuan Min struggled internally, attempting to speak, "Lord Chu..."

"I only want this," Chu Mingyun interrupted him, raising his index finger to his lips, slightly squinting as if intoxicated, "I don't like bargaining. If you're unwilling, just leave. I can pretend you never came."

Yuan Min gritted his teeth, asking, "What will Lord Chu use to guarantee himself then?"

Implying a compromise, Chu Mingyun smiled, "Simple. With the military power in my hands, your fate becomes intertwined with mine. Isn't that enough to put Lord Yuan at ease?"

Yuan Min's expression changed several times. Finally, he stood up and bowed, "If that's the case, I appreciate Lord Chu's concern. To avoid being seen, I won't stay long. I will report back to my master."

Chu Mingyun tilted his head and chuckled, "No need for farewells."

Yuan Min took his leave, his footsteps fading at the end of the stairs. Chu Mingyun then took another jug of wine, casually lifting the wind curtain. The cold wind, carrying fine snow, rushed in, clearing his mind a bit. "Come out," he said.

There was a sound behind him, and after Yuan Min had faced the curtain for so long without discovering a hidden compartment behind it, Zhao Kejing walked out. "Your Highness."

"In a few days, I'll find a reason to transfer you out of Chang'an. You'll take control of the military power in Hejian. There's no need to rush, as the news has not only reached Hejian but also other vassal states. They're currently watching and will follow suit soon. I leave all of this to you."

"Yes," Zhao Kejing replied, "But won't Prince Xilin be reluctant to give up his military power?"

Chu Mingyun emptied his cup with a sip, then smiled, "Isn't he the one I'm after? If he gives it up, what will he use to compete? But if he doesn't, I can use the name of the court and the alliance of vassals to attack him. It's a difficult decision for him, but it doesn't matter. I'll give him some time to think about it."

Zhao Kejing nodded. During their conversation, Chu Mingyun had consumed quite a bit of alcohol. Hesitating, Zhao Kejing spoke, "Your Highness, you..."

"It's nothing, just go back if there's nothing else," Chu Mingyun interrupted.

Zhao Kejing swallowed his words and respectfully withdrew.

Alone in the study, Chu Mingyun continued to sit with his wine. He casually turned his head, letting his gaze fall aimlessly on the snowy street outside. The falling snowflakes resembled flying cotton, and a black dot approached in the distance. The figure stopped in front of the restaurant opposite the street, someone lifted the curtain as they got out of the carriage, and a graceful silhouette emerged.

Chu Mingyun's grip on the cup tightened involuntarily. He couldn't look away, staring as the figure entered the restaurant. After a while, the same figure appeared again, this time in an adjacent room. Someone spoke, but the wind curtain obstructed their view. Suddenly, the person raised their head, and their eyes met across the snowy street.

Chu Mingyun couldn't divert his gaze. Through the falling snow, he saw Su Shiyu walking through the streets. He felt a sudden surge of emotions, a mixture of the oppressive feelings built up over the past few days, the scorching emotions ignited in that brief moment, and an indistinct pain.

Then he saw Su Shiyu followed by a charming young girl. The wind curtain dropped suddenly, cutting off the view. Su Shiyu returned to awareness, and the little girl, with her eyes cast down, took a seat beside him.

Chu Mingyun couldn't say much, but his attention was once again drawn to the thickly veiled curtain and the scattered wine cups on the table.

Dishes were served one after another, and Mr. Xiang kept gesturing to his daughter. Unexpectedly, Su Shiyu stood up abruptly, "I apologize, but I suddenly remembered urgent matters. I must take my leave now and will make amends on another day."

"Hey, wait, Sir Su..." Mr. Xiang stood up in surprise, trying to stop Su Shiyu, who nodded to him and quickly left. Mr. Xiang was stunned for a moment and then anxiously looked at Yue Yuxuan, "Sir Yue, you, you clearly said there was a chance! Why did Sir Su leave like this? Why didn't you help say something..."

Yue Yuxuan lifted the curtain and looked outside, seeing Su Shiyu walking through the snow-covered streets. He turned back, smiled at Mr. Xiang, but remained silent.

The room was quiet. The guards on both sides of the stairs stood still, seemingly oblivious. Su Shiyu entered the room without hindrance.

When the door closed with a light sound, Su Shiyu couldn't help but pause. Chu Mingyun, supporting his head with one hand, looked towards him. A slow, gentle smile curved his lips, his gaze misty as if drunk. "Why stand so far

away? Afraid I'll eat you?"

He reached out his hand towards Su Shiyu, palm facing up, revealing a section of snowy white wrist. His voice was low and hoarse, "Come over—"

Su Shiyu withdrew his gaze, walked to the other side of the table, and dropped the curtain behind him. The cold wind and flying snow were concealed, and the room finally had a bit of sparse warmth. Pausing for a moment, he removed the wine in front of Chu Mingyun. Touching the jug, he felt a chilling sensation. Su Shiyu frowned slightly and sighed, "Cold wine harms the body in the winter."

Chu Mingyun looked at his empty hands, slowly clenching them as if holding onto something intangible. He chuckled as he released his grip, his tone slightly mocking, "What relationship do you have with me now, coming to lecture me?"

"It's not about lecturing. Even if you don't like it, but still..."

"I'm just being sulky," Chu Mingyun interrupted, "Can't you tell if it's genuine or fake, Su Shiyu? Are you that naive?"

"..." Su Shiyu couldn't find an immediate response.

Chu Mingyun toyed with the empty wine cup, lowering his eyes and no longer looking at him. "You came all the way here just to say this?"

Su Shiyu sighed, "Yes."

"What's this? Concern for a colleague?" Chu Mingyun coldly laughed, pausing before lowering his voice, "Don't you have anything to explain to me?"

Perplexed, Su Shiyu asked, "Explain what?"

Chu Mingyun raised his hand and threw the wine cup, causing a loud crash as it hit the floor. He slowly raised his eyes, fixedly staring at Su Shiyu, "Why?"

Suddenly standing up, but swaying unsteadily, Chu Mingyun was caught by Su Shiyu. Chu Mingyun, in turn, firmly grasped Su Shiyu's wrist, continuing with determination, "Why didn't you kill me?"

Su Shiyu was momentarily stunned, looking at Chu Mingyun persistently, his brows furrowing, "Why didn't you kill me?"

A sour taste lingered in his chest, almost suffocating him. He couldn't adopt an indifferent demeanor, lacked the control he had when facing Yuan Min, lost his composure, and stood in front of him, incredibly suppressed yet persistently demanding, "If you don't have me in your heart, then why didn't you kill me? Why did you keep it a secret for me?"

"Why?" Chu Mingyun stared directly at Su Shiyu, his eyes deep as if trying to see into his soul, "You're skilled; if you didn't want to, who could force you? When I hugged and kissed you, you had countless opportunities to kill me. Why didn't you? If I mean nothing to you, why not simply kill me as a traitor?"

Advancing step by step, not waiting for Su Shiyu to respond, Chu Mingyun suddenly sneered, a chilling tone creeping in, "Or is it that anyone who is willing to embrace you is accepted? Does it matter who I am at all?"

"...Calm down." Su Shiyu slowed his voice.

"I'm upset." Chu Mingyun interrupted him, "Truly can't tell or just pretending not to? Su Shiyu, are you that foolish?"

Su Shiyu quickly pulled away, but Chu Mingyun held onto him tightly. His robe hung loosely, and the open collar exposed a fair chest to Su Shiyu's gaze. The warmth of the skin beneath his touch, coupled with the fiery heartbeat, left him flustered.

Taking another step forward, their foreheads touched, and Chu Mingyun whispered, "Do you want me again?"

Su Shiyu closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "Lord Chu..."

"Susiyu!" Chu Mingyun interrupted him with a hateful tone, releasing his hand but firmly gripping Su Shiyu's chin, "Are you truly emotionless, heartless..."

Su Shiyu raised his hand, pushing Chu Mingyun's hand away from his eyes to cover them. With his other hand, he grabbed Chu Mingyun's collar and spun him around, pressing him against the wall, kissing him fiercely.

Chu Mingyun suddenly stiffened, unable to move. He couldn't see or hear the wind outside, losing all sense except for the gradually deepening sensation on his lips.

Su Shiyu applied a substantial force to restrain him, fingers firmly locked at his collarbone. Even a trace of fierceness could be felt, but Su Shiyu's kiss was the complete opposite—profound tenderness and patience. The delicate interweaving of lips, the gentle entanglement of tongues, slow licks, seemed like cherishing and soothing, swallowing not only the tangled emotions but also the refreshing scent of wine in his mouth.

The unbearable tension burst, and it wasn't just him who couldn't take it anymore. Su Shiyu, eyes closed, had almost let go of himself, not thinking about anything else, fully focused on kissing the person he knew so well.

As if the passage of time were as long as clouds gathering and flowers withering, Su Shiyu released his breath, his eyes revealing restrained silence. Chu Mingyun, who knew not how long had passed in silence, finally found his voice, asking him in a soft, low tone, "Did I scare you just now?"

"Have you calmed down?" Su Shiyu replied.

Chu Mingyun pulled down the hand covering his eyes, now red, but he continued to gaze fixedly at him.

Su Shiyu was a bit puzzled, "You..."

"Shiyu," Chu Mingyun raised his hand to rub his eye corners, "you hit my head just now, it hurts."

"Sorry."

"Heh, teasing you." Chu Mingyun smiled, paused for a moment, and then asked, "Did I frighten you just now?"

Su Shiyu let go of his hand, taking a step back and looking at him, "You're drunk."

"...Yes." Chu Mingyun leaned against the wall behind him, pressed his forehead, and sighed, "I'm quite drunk."

"How much did you drink?" Su Shiyu asked gently.

Chu Mingyun, in a daze, thought for a while, "Not sure."

Su Shiyu looked at the scattered empty wine bottles on the table, suddenly realizing something, "Why did you come to this secluded restaurant, emptied it of others, and why are you alone here?"

But at this moment, the intoxication surged up. Chu Mingyun was muddled and completely didn't listen to his words. He pressed his forehead with a 'tsk' sound, frowned, and said, "Headache."

Perhaps truly intoxicated, Chu Mingyun quietly lowered his brows and eyes. After a while, he suddenly grasped Su Shiyu's hand, softly and with a slightly hoarse voice, called him, "Shiyu, I..." The lingering sound blurred on his lips. He closed his eyes completely, falling straight onto Su Shiyu.

Su Shiyu promptly caught him, looking down. Although Chu Mingyun seemed to be in a deep sleep, his brows were still tightly furrowed. Su Shiyu silently watched Chu Mingyun for a while, eventually sighed soundlessly, and bent down to lift him up.

When the guards downstairs saw the two in such a state, they couldn't help but show complex expressions. Su Shiyu gently placed Chu Mingyun on the soft cushion inside the carriage. Before leaving, he suddenly remembered something, turned back, and looked at Chu Mingyun with a faint smile. He said to the guards on both sides, "If he wakes up and forgets what happened, there's no need to tell him."

The two guards exchanged a glance and nodded, "Understood."

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

203K 8.2K 91
Chu Yu was good-looking and had a good family background. Despite being male and an irredeemable slacker, he was still elected as Jianing Private Sch...
454K 15.4K 200
Author:-Orange cat brother Status: Complete Status in COO: 350 chapters +7 extras Which group is mainly covered by this publicity program? In order...
Her healer Par Monika

Roman d'amour

9.9M 647K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...
515K 28K 18
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...