One Step Closer (Zayn Malik F...

By Harlot4Harrington

What started out as a joke in her mind, became any girls fantasy. She never took her mother seriously when sh... More

Chapter 1 --- The Start To Something New
Chapter 2 -- No Turning Back
Chapter 3 -- The Wild Card
Chapter 4 -- The Awards
Chapter 5 -- Here We Go
Chapter 6 -- The Realization
Chapter 7 -- Finishing It Off
Chapter 8 -- It's Just A Little Crush
Chapter 9 -- He Finally Asked
Chapter 10 -- A Night To Remember
Chapter 12 -- The Performance of a Lifetime
Chapter 13 -- Homecoming
Chapter 14 -- Up Up and Away
Chapter 15 -- Come With Us
Chapter 16 -- A Night Out
Chapter 17 -- You're Gonna Regret that Horan
Chapter 18 -- Sister's or Foes?
Chapter 19 -- Gone Without a Goodbye
Chapter 20 -- Finding Her
Chapter 21 -- Taking A Step Back
Chapter 22 -- The Confrontation
Chapter 23 -- Come Back To Me
Chapter 24 -- Hospital Round Dos
Chapter 25 -- I'll Be Coming Back For You
Chapter 26 -- Together Again
Chapter 27 -- Date Night
Chapter 28 --I'll Protect You
Chapter 29 -- Taken
Chapter 30 -- He Finally Got Me
Chapter 31 -- Safe At Last
Chapter 32 -- What Love Is All About
Chapter 33 -- Home is Where the Heart Is
Chapter 34 -- I'm Only Me When I'm With You
Chapter 35 -- Nothing Like Us
Chapter 36 -- Let's Get A Move On
Chapter 37 -- Punta Cana
Chapter 38 -- A New Single
Chapter 39 -- All Your Little Things
Chapter 40 -- Stay Away
Chapter 41 -- Heart Attack
Chapter 42 -- Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 43 -- You Didn't Mean It
Chapter 44 -- Times Like These
Chapter 45 -- What A Surprise
Chapter 46 -- London Calling
Chapter 47 -- New Years Eve ; NYC
Chapter 48 -- Catching Up
Chapter 49 -- A Year in the Making - April
Chapter 50 -- You're Mine
Chapter 51 -- Welcome to the Family
Chapter 52 -- It's All Because Of Magic
Chapter 53 -- One Word is All it Takes
Chapter 54 -- The Aftermath
Chapter 55 -- Never Been Hurt
Chapter 56 -- Right Now
Chapter 57 -- It's A Simple I Do
Chapter 58 -- A Day in the Life of Being Married
Chapter 59 -- Baby on Board
Chapter 60 -- A Bundle Of Joy
Chapter 61 -- And Un To Us A Child Was Born
Chapter 62 -- Welcome Home
Chapter 63 -- Daddy And His Little Princess
Chapter 64 -- Some Alone Time
Chapter 65 -- Babysitting
Chapter 66 -- We Are One Family
Chapter 67 -- A Little Trip
Epilogue -- The End Of The Road
Favor :))

Chapter 11 -- One Word is All it Takes

731 24 0
By Harlot4Harrington

Lola's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of a car door being shut and when I looked out my window my mom was walking to the door.

"Vera! Mom's home!" I screamed.

Vera suddenly jolted up from her sleep and we both ran down the stairs to greet our mom. As soon as we got down the stairs my mom had opened the door.

"Mom!" we screamed. I ran straight to her and threw my arms around her and then Vera did as well.

"My girls. I've missed you." she said while kissing the top of our heads.

"We've missed you too." I said.

We then let go and she looked at us and she stroked my cheek.

"How have you two been? Where's Addison?" she asked.

"We've been good mom. Not sure where she is. We just woke up." Vera explained.

"I'll check upstairs." my mom said while going up the stairs.

"Oh, and Lola!" she said.

"Ya mom?" I asked.

"Marcy would like you to meet her at the studio in an hour. She just called me." she explained.

"Oh okay. Thanks mom." I smiled.

"Ver. Have you ever noticed that mom always worries about Addison the most even though Addison is so mean to her?" I asked.

"Ya I have. I think it's because Addison is so rebellious, so mom actually does have to worry about her a lot." Vera said.

I shrugged my shoulders and ran upstairs and walked past Addison's room to hear my mom crying.

"Just get out mom! I'm so sick of this family!" I heard Addison scream.

My mom walked out shutting the door behind me and she hugged me tightly.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Lo." my mom said while hugging me.

"It's okay mom. She's said some pretty nasty things to me while you've been gone." I explained.

My mom sighed and then smiled at me as if she had just figured out my deepest secret.

"So is it true?" she asked.

"Is what true?" I asked.

She picked up the necklace around my neck and raised her eyebrows.

"You and Zayn?" she giggled.

"Yes." I blushed. Don't ask me how she knew cause I don't even know.

"How long?" she asked.

"Since yesterday." I said.

"I'm so happy for you sweetie, but I bet Addison is pretty upset with you." she said.

"Ya she is. But mom. Zayn is 20, I'm gonna be 18 in a few months and Addison is 16. There is no way she could be with him. Besides he's loved me since the day we met." I explained.

"Oh honey I know. I would never let your sister date him." she said.

"Well I gotta go take a shower. Does Marcy need me right now?" I asked.

"Not right this minute but very soon." she said.

I ran to the bathroom and peeled my pajamas off and got in the shower. The warm water was relaxing against my chilly skin. I quickly rinsed my hair, washed my body, and jumped out. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and floral tank top. I decided to braid my hair and just go to the studio. So I grabbed my keys out of the bowl and opened the garage door.

"Oh my gosh!" I screamed while dropping my purse and keys.

My mom and Vera must have heard my scream all the way from the third floor, because they came running in the garage.

"Lola what's wrong!?" they both screamed while running into to the garage.

"Look at my car!" I screamed.

My mom covered her mouth as she walked into the garage to see my car. Someone had spray painted "Fugly Bitch" on the hood of my BMW convertible. This car was my baby.

"Mom you know who did this right?" I asked. She nodded her head and sighed.

"I'm so sorry Addison did this sweetie." she said.

"Addison come down here right now!" my mom screamed. I had never heard my mom scream that loud before.

Vera and I looked at each other in disbelief and we both jumped when we heard Addison stomp down the stairs.

"What the hell could you want?!" she screamed. "Oh looks like you got my message."

"Why would you do this? Do you know how hard you sister worked to get the money to buy this car?!" my mom screamed.

"She can go and buy a new one!" she screamed back.

"That's not the point! You had no right to do this to your sisters car. She worked hard for this!" my mom screamed.

"I'm so sick of Lola getting her own way! Or everyone's always says poor Lola or lets glorify Lola! There are other people in this world besides Lola!" she screamed.

"You have no reason to hate your sister! She did nothing to you! I can't believe she is still letting you live in her house! You're such an ungrateful girl!" my mom screamed. "You're going to fix this! Its going to cost at least 1000$ to fix this and you're paying for it. Lola shouldn't have to use her own money for your stupidity. You go downtown and look for a job and if you don't find one there will be serious consequences!" my mom screamed and Addison then through her bag over her shoulders and stomped away.

"I'm so sorry Lo." she said.

"Why are you apologizing mom. You didn't do this. I need to go so can I take your car?" I asked.

"Sure. Here are the keys." she said.

"Thanks." I said and kissed her goodbye.

I jumped in the front seat of my mom's Jetta and drove off.

About 30 minutes I arrived at the studio and sprinted inside.

"Marcy! I'm so sorry I'm late!" I yelled as I swung the door open.

As I looked up and I saw the boys standing there.

Zayn's P.O.V.

"Zayn do you know what is taking Lola so long?" Marcy asked.

"No I'm sorry I don't. I texted her but she never replied." I explained.

Suddenly the door flew open and we all looked towards the door.

"I'm here! Marcy! I'm so sorry for being late!" Lola screamed.

"Finally you're here!" Niall laughed.

I think she was pretty surprised to see us here.

"What are you guys doing here?" she asked.

I motioned for her to come sit down by me and she willingly walked over. Marcy's phone started ringing and she looked down.

"I'll be right back everyone. I have to take this call." she said.

"Hi babe." I said as Lola walked over.

"Hi." she said and sat down. She laid her head on the arm of the couch and threw her legs over my lap.

"What happened? You look upset." I asked.

"Well my loving sister decided to spray paint the hood of my BMW." I explained.

"She didn't." I said.

"Oh but she did. She left me a very loving message saying I'm a fugly bitch." she explained.

"I'm so sorry babe." I sighed.

"Nahh it's okay. Well it's not okay she did it but you don't have to apologize. My mom made her go downtown and look for a job because she has to pay for the damage." she laughed.

"No way." I laughed.

"Ya she did. I actually think it's kinda funny because she deserves it." she said.

Marcy suddenly flung the door open and stared at all of us.

"So there is this fundraiser concert coming up for the soldiers in Afghanistan and for the families who have family members in the war and Lola I would like you to sing for it. Seeing that you're father is fighting in it, I thought it would be good for you." she said.

I turned to Lola and her eyes started watering.

Lola's P.O.V

"Would you do it Lola?" she asked.

I wasn't even listening to Marcy. All I could think of was my dad. I haven't seen him in a year. And I miss him so much.

"Lo." Zayn nudged me.

I looked at him and tears were flowing down my cheeks.

"Aww babe." he said and wiped my tears with his thumb.

"I'm sorry Marcy. Of course I'll do it. It's just a touchy subject for me." I said.

"I'm sorry hun. I should have known." Marcy sighed.

"No it's alright, but yes I will do it." I explained.

"Great the boys are going to be singing as well." she smiled.

"You are?" I asked and faced them.

"Ya we are." they said.

"This will be awesome." I smiled.

Zayn put his arm around me and pulled me close.

"Okay love birds, it's time to get down to business. We figured you all could sing Finally Found You by Enrique Iglesias as a group and Lola you can sing Diamonds by Rihanna and Titanium by Sia." Marcy explained.

"That sounds awesome. I think we could all do it." I said.

The boys all nodded their heads and we got down to business. We figured out which parts each of us are going to sing and then we practiced with one another. We honestly sounded perfect. 

--------------------------------

** Sorry this chapter is kinda boring and not much exciting happens, but I promise the next couple of chapters will be good!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 546 11
Your eyeballs glued to his ass as he paced the floor in front of you. Your pen nervously tapping your desk, awaiting the ring of the bell. Your heart...
4.3K 16 22
Skye is the girl everyone wishes to be. But, the only way to learn about how that wish could be a bad one is by reading into her life and finding out...
12.1K 449 31
“What the hell are you doing?” I spat at Zayn. He just pulled away from her to look at me. “Get your hands away from my sister.” “Harry I’m so so...
40K 1.2K 43
This is my story... I'm Kira and I'm 17 years old. I am just a girl from the US who moved to England in search for adventure, little did I know I wou...