Shielding The Innocent - Nikl...

By ForeverKeke07

Kelsey Claire is forced to return to the place she was born, because her sister is missing. Her only friend... More

Author's Note
Season 1 Cast
Chapter 1: Mystic Falls
Chapter 2: New Orleans
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Season 2 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Season 3 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Season 4 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Season 5 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 7

320 6 0
By ForeverKeke07

"So where is Klaus?" Hayley asks as her, Freya, Elijah, Marcel, and I stand around the table in the bell tower.

"When I told him about Rebekah, he said he'd pursue another lead." Freya says.

"That other lead probably being the lunatic tramp he's been reunited with." I snip crossing my arms and rolling my eyes. Elijah slices his palm open and his blood pouring in the bowl.

"You don't sound jealous and bitter at all." Marcel jabs.

"Shut up." I mutter. "More like royally pissed off. The Strix have went after Hayley, they took Rebekah, and they're after Davina. And Klaus' big plan is to sleep with the psychotic sister of an equally psychotic Tristan. Clearly, he isn't thinking with the right head." Hayley, Freya, and Marcel chuckle lightly.

"Yeah, totally not jealous." Hayley mutters and I nudge her with my elbow.

"Forget Niklaus." Elijah says.

"Trust me, I'm trying to." I mumble.

"You will find her." Elijah continues passing the bowl to Freya.

"Are you sure you got enough juju for a worldwide locator spell?" Marcel inquires.

"She's my family." Freya looks up at him. "I won't lose her."

Freya places her hands on the bowl and starts chanting. Halfway through she pours the blood on the map. Then, she passes the bowl to Elijah. The blood spreads until it's covering just about the entire map.

"Damn it." Freya exclaims.

"So much for witch GPS." Hayley states.

"I assumed that they cloaked her." Freya explains. "I didn't expect a spell this strong."

"No doubt conjured by the very witch who lured Rebekah into this trap." Elijah says.

"You should all go. I have my work cut out for me." Freya dismisses us.

"The Strix trust me. If they know where Rebekah is, I can find her." Marcel suggests.

"We don't have time." Elijah counters. "You need to stop Davina from activating Lucien and Tristan's weapon."

"We need to find Rebekah." Marcel argues.

"Marcel, I will not rest until my sister is found." Elijah reassures him.

"Alright. Fine." Marcel gives in. "I'll handle Davina." Marcel, then, quickly exits.

"Well, in the meantime, please tell me that we are going to kill someone." Hayley says.

"Yes!" I exclaim. "And if we are taking a vote, I suggest someone who's name starts and ends with an 'A'." I shrug smirking.

"Oh, we will kill many someones." Elijah replies. "But first, if we're to start a war, let us determine where our allegiances lie."

He, then, hurries out of the tower. And I follow after him, since I've been with him all day.

__________________________

"Niklaus!" Elijah yells as we enter the Compound. I have my arms crossed in annoyance.

"Had I known this is where you were going, I would have stayed with Hayley." I grumble.

"I didn't tell you to come." Elijah smirks in amusement.

"Touche." I roll my eyes.

"You shout loud enough to wake the dead." Klaus appears on the balcony. His face drops slightly when he sees me standing by Elijah.

"You can't pick up your phone?" Elijah inquires. "Your sister is missing."

"Well, she's not exactly missing." An annoyingly high voice sounds as the owner of that voice approaches Klaus. The girl, who I assume is Aurora, clutches Klaus' arm. "And as long as everyone behaves themselves, you can trust me to tell you where she is." Elijah walks forward and I glare at the redhead. "Hello, Elijah." Her eyes dart to me. "And who might you be?"

"Someone who wants to rip your head off." I snap.

"Give me my sister." Elijah demands calmly. "Or perhaps I could pay a little visit to your brother, Tristan."

"Elijah, please." Klaus interjects. "Aurora and I have come to an agreement."

"Yes." She confirms and he places his arm around her back, making my stomach turn. "Nik and I find that now your vile act of compulsion has been revealed, there's really no reason why we can't pick up where we left off a thousand years ago."

"Oh, barf." I scoff.

"Go on, love." Klaus says to her. Their lips inches away from each other. "I need to have a word with my brother and Kelsey." She smiles at him and then walks away.

Elijah and I meet Klaus in the study. Both of us interested in what he has to say. Although even though Aurora is out of my sight, my blood is still boiling.

"Am I to assume that you've gone completely mad?" Elijah inquires.

"You see madness, I see method." Klaus says as he starts pouring us some Scotch. However, once he has two glasses, I snatch the bottle from him before he can pour a third. He smirks at me as I turn the bottle up.

"And that method would be what, Niklaus?" Elijah asks taking his glass from him. "To fornicate with the she-devil who took our sister?" Gagging at his choice of words I take another gulp of Scotch.

"To be clear, The Strix took our sister, Aurora simply hijacked her." Klaus points out.

"Are you seriously going to defend her?" I scoff annoyed.

He smirks at me. "I will get Rebekah back, trust me. Keeping Aurora close garners the goodwill we need."

"Well, it is a bold, if somewhat lecherous plan." Elijah tells him. "Will you employ the same tactic when it comes time to retrieve the medallion from Lucien and Tristan?"

"They're not really my type." Klaus jokes.

"I'm going to throw this bottle at your head." I threat him with raised eyebrows. He chuckles at me. "Besides if the party had any indication of Tristan's type, I could probably trick him into giving me the medallion."

"You will do no such thing." Klaus denies, the same jealousy on him that I've been showing since Aurora showed up.

"Not so fun being on the other side, is it?" I smirk.

"There must be another way." Klaus continues.

"Aurora will always protect Tristan." Elijah says. "And given that he and Lucien are aligned, the three of them together have a distinct advantage. Unless... Unless we break that advantage."

"Now, that is a strategy I wholeheartedly endorse." Klaus agrees. "What do you have in mind?"

"It's Thanksgiving." Elijah points out. "Let's invite them for a friendly meal, systematically turn them against one another and then devastate their pitiful alliance." The brothers clink their glasses together. "I can feel the holiday spirit already."

Elijah exits and I go to follow, but Klaus vamp speeds and grabs my arm, stopping me.

"Wait." He breathes out. "Can we talk?"

I sigh deeply and turn to face him. "About what?"

"About your obvious jealousy." He states smirking.

"Are you mocking me?" I scoff.

"I would never." He says honestly. "I just want you to know that you have nothing to worry about."

"You're kidding right?" I chuckle humorlessly. "You've loved her for a thousand years and you just found out that she only refused to be with you because of compulsion."

"Aurora hasn't once entered my mind since I met you." He tells me softly, putting his hand on the side of my face. "She is nothing compared to you. I know we haven't been on the best terms the last few months, but I love you, Kelsey. Not her."

I stare into his eyes, sincerely. "I really hope you aren't lying, because I love you back." I sigh. He goes to lean in, but I stop him. "You have been kissing her all day. I'm not kissing you when her germs are on you."

He chuckles in amusement. "Green looks good on you."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes. "It's an awful emotion, that I absolutely hate feeling. Goodnight, Klaus."

He groans. "When are you going to start calling me 'Nik' again?"

I laugh lightly. "Let's get through this mess with Aurora and maybe I'll consider it."

"I'll hold you to that." He smiles.

"I'm sure you will." I wink over my shoulder as I walk out.

________________________

The twins must have been exhausted, because they slept until 10:30 this morning, allowing me to get some much needed rest. The change in environment did disrupt them a little, since they're not used to Hayley and Jackson's place.

Jackson agreed to keep an eye on the twins while Hayley and I joined the brother's plan to turn Aurora, Tristan, and Lucien against each other. So, with the twins set up in their Pak-n-Play with toys, I exit their temporary room. As I step out, Hayley steps out of her room too. She nods at me and we go to Jackson, who is out on the balcony.

"The twins are playing in their Pak-n-Play." I tell Jackson and he turns around to see me and Hayley.

"If we leave now, I can be back in time for dinner." Hayley says.

"I can't believe your both seriously considering this." Jackson states.

"I want to be here with you, but I can't just do nothing." Hayley explains.

"And I'd love to just spend the day with the twins, but I don't have a choice." I shrug.

Jackson shakes his head in disbelief and goes to walk away but Hayley stops him. "Jack, those sire line losers took Rebekah."

"Yeah. They also went after you and planned to go after you, too, Kelsey." He sighs. "Look, let Klaus and Elijah handle this."

"Rebekah hid and protected Hope and Bexley for months when I couldn't." I exclaim. "She's one of my best friends and she's the twins Aunt and my family. I'm not going to teach my daughters to turn their back on family, because someone else is handling it. I refuse to be put in a situation where I have to tell them I sat back and did nothing while these assholes kidnapped their Aunt."

"And you?" He looks at Hayley.

"I can't do nothing, either. She looked out for me when she didn't have to. She protected the pack before the initial curse was broken, because I asked her too." Hayley sighs. "She's my friend. Besides, I won't let Kelsey go in there alone."

"You guys didn't do nothing." He argues. He looks at me. "You kept your daughters safe." And then he looks at Hayley. "And you kept your nieces safe and you lead the pack." He glances between us. "You both should let Klaus do things his way. This dinner is going to be a bloodbath. And last time I checked, the Mikaelsons didn't need any help killing anyone." He sighs and looks at Hayley. "Look, babe. It's Thanksgiving. I don't see why this has to be a fight."

"I doesn't." She tells him. "I hear you."

"Well, I'm still going." I announce. "Are you guys okay with watching the twins or do I need to find someone else?"

"Kelsey, I really think..." Jackson starts but I cut him off.

"I know what you think. And I understand, but they are my family. There's no changing my mind." I shake my head.

"The twins are perfectly fine here." Hayley nods. "I'm only a call away if you need me."

"Thank you." I smile.

__________________________

I walk into the Compound and everything is already set up. Orange, yellows, and reds littering the Courtyard. A long table is made up elegantly and everyone is dressed up for the occasion. Klaus is standing in front of Aurora holding her hand up close to his mouth, which I'm assuming he just kissed. At least, their body language and the glares on Lucien and Tristian's face show that.

Tristan's eyes dart to mine over Klaus' shoulder. His glare turned into a smile as her looks me up and down. I try not to show my disgust.

"Ah, Kelsey, I didn't know you'd be joining us." He says, causing Klaus to let Aurora go and turn to me. Klaus, also, takes the time to look at me from head to toe. However, instead of the need to vomit, butterflies swirled in my stomach. "What a lovely surprise."

"It's nice to see you too." I put on a fake smile.

"You know her?" Aurora inquires.

"Welcome to our home." Elijah announces as he walks down the stairs. "I do wish it was under better circumstances. We all face a common threat. A prophecy warning that my siblings and I would fall within a year." He reaches the ground. "I fear my sister already has."

"Only as a precautionary measure, I assure you." Tristan says.

"Interesting." Elijah muses. "You see, I would've called it an entirely unnecessary measure. We need to unite to prevent this prophecy from coming to pass." Elijah walks up to stand next to me and Klaus, as the three of us face the three of them. "And since any alliance is impossible without honesty, let us begin this evening's proceedings by formally acknowledging your clandestine alliance."

Tristan's eyes widen and Lucien sighs deeply, both having been caught. I smirk in amusement as Elijah catches them off guard.

"You guys really aren't as sneaky as you think." I tell them.

"Now, gentlemen and Kelsey, before--" Lucien begins, but Elijah cuts him off.

"Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh, Lucien, please. Let's not ruin the dinner before it begins."

"And do try to bear in mind, we expect an honest and productive negotiation this evening." Klaus says smirking.

"Mmm-hmm." Tristan slightly nods.

"Shall we begin?" Elijah says and then he holds his arm out to allow them to pass.

Elijah and Klaus take their places at the heads of the table, directly across from one another. Aurora sits on Klaus' right and me on his left. Lucien is between me and Elijah and Tristan is by is sister and Elijah. The waiters finish putting food on the table, that probably won't be touched.

"It's a bit odd, isn't it?" Lucien states. "Celebrating an American holiday."

"Well, you know, Lucien, I rather enjoy Thanksgiving." Elijah says. "The turkey, the cranberry sauce, the lies, the deceit, the betrayal." Lucien nods and take a drink of wine. "Perhaps we should begin this evening's proceedings with a little confession." Elijah gestures to the table. "And do help yourselves."

"So this entire dinner is meant to be a some boorish inquisition?" Aurora asks in annoyance. "How rude."

"Some people would consider lying to be rude." I narrow my eyes at her.

"Nonsense, love." Klaus interjects before Aurora can retort. "My brother merely wishes to make certain we're all on the same page. So, who would like to begin."

"Well, Lucien and I have always loathed each other." Tristan states. "Had we arrived as allies with news of a bleak future, you wouldn't have doubted us. We sought to remove suspicion by maintaining appearances."

"Oh, my dear." Elijah says. "These pathetic lies promise to be as difficult to swallow as your stuffing this year, Niklaus." Everyone laughs. "Walnuts, honestly."

"The bottom line is, we came to protect you, and ourselves." Lucien looks at Elijah. "We have never wavered on this point."

"And the bodies on my streets." Klaus points out. "Is that your 'protection', as well?"

"It's business as usual for The Strix." Lucien answers.

"An old tactic used often, and to great success." Tristan adds. "Jack the Ripper, Son of Sam. A frightened human populace is that much easier to control. If tourism should decline, and local vampires are deprived of fresh blood, well, you saw how quickly Marcel joined our ranks."

"Pedestrian." Klaus states. "I would have expected more from such gaudy theatrics."

"Well, if one wanted to obtain a certain item in, say, a private collection, but one was not invited to the home where private collection was located." Lucien says making my eyebrows scrunch together. "A police investigation could come in very handy to remove these items as 'evidence'."

"I take it that you are referring to the medallion." Elijah says.

"I suppose it was my sister who shared that bit of information." Tristan grits in annoyance, looking at Aurora.

"Don't blame Aurora, you two are hardly conspiratorial geniuses." Klaus smirks.

"Funny story." Lucien muses. "It turns out, all along that the medallion was in the hands of Nik's friend, Camille, the bartender- slash- therapist." I snap my head over in his direction, my temper rising. "Had to get her arrested in order to search her goodies, so to speak. But I would never allow any harm to come to her. Knowing the great affection you have for her." He looks at Klaus, knowing saying this would set Aurora off.

"Klaus is the least of your worries if you lay a finger on Cami." I seethe daringly at Lucien.

"Again who are you?" Aurora inquires. "Why are you even involved in this?"

"Oh, were are our manners." Elijah smiles. "Aurora meet the mother of Niklaus' children, Kelsey."

I smile smugly at her and Klaus smirks and looks down. Aurora narrows her eyes a me. Then, she turns her lips in a sickly smile.

"Oh, how lovely." She says looking at me. "What a joy it is to meeting you. After all, hopefully, I will one day become their step-mother."

I laugh loudly. "Honey, sorry to break it to you, but you will NEVER be in the same room with my children, much less be anything to them."

"Well, I don't think Nik will agree." She looks at him with a smile.

"Aurora, honey, I know you let men tell you what to do, like your brother." I smirk. "But I do not. So, I can assure you that even if Nik doesn't agree, they wouldn't be around you." Nik's head snaps in my direction when I don't call him Klaus. His lips turn into a smile and relief shows on his face. Even if I only said it out of jealousy and because that's what Aurora calls him, which really gets under my skin. "I like to surround my children with classy and respectable people, not lying, conniving, bitches such as yourself."

"How dare--" She starts to yell, but Nik cuts her off before she can start something.

"A medallion that could lock us away." Nik says, changing the subject back. Aurora huffs and shots daggers at me. I keep eye contact, sending a glare right back at her. "Hardly seems like a wise strategy for those who've come to protect us. Hand it over."

"And release Rebekah." Elijah adds.

"Uh, just a tick." Lucien replies. "Aurora has Rebekah?"

"No reason why I shouldn't be trusted with my sire's safety." Aurora smiles.

"I can think of about a thousand reasons why you can't be trusted." I sneer.

"Of course." Lucien nods at her, ignoring me. "Unless you were to have one of your episodes."

"Easy, Lucien." Tristan interjects. "My sister sought leverage to protect herself. Who among us would do otherwise?"

"Niklaus, would you politely remind me why we shouldn't just compel them my all to give us what we want?" Elijah inquires. Aurora and Lucien laugh amused.

"I'm sorry, did Elijah say something amusing?" Nik asks.

"We lost a century to compulsion, my love." Aurora answers. She turns to Elijah. "And some of us lost a great deal more. Surely you can't believe we'd allow ourselves to come here vulnerable."

"My dearest Aurora, compulsion is not my only party trick." Elijah tells her.

"It's just the nicest." I smile.

"I do not like these threats." Aurora seethes.

"Then you and these two idiots shouldn't have started this." I snap.

"Our continued existence depends on the Mikaelsons." Tristan says. "We've known that since Finn and Kol died. Unfortunately, so does every other vampire in the world. And given that the sire lines have declared war against one another, you can imagine how many young upstarts have come to the same conclusion. Kill an Original, wipe out an entire line of rivals. Heavy burden, isn't it? The lives of thousands of sired vampires resting on your shoulders. In a perfect world, you would allow us to seal you away forever thus eliminating the threat."

"Fortunately, the world is far from perfect." Nik glares at him.

"Of all the nauseating dinner theater we've been doing throughout the centuries, these performances are, by far, the worst." Elijah says. "Aurora. My sister."

"Aurora is quite aware of our desire to see Rebekah home." Nik defends and I sit back and fold my arm, narrowing my eyes at him. "And I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to oblige."

"We're welcoming our enemies to the dinner table now?" Freya says as she enters the room and walks up to Aurora. "Convenient, given she's the one who has the answers I want."

"For heaven's sake, now I have to deal with the long-lost sister?" Aurora exclaims standing up abruptly. "Nik, please spare me your family's rage and paranoia. It is exactly this kind of lunacy which led me to steal Rebekah in the first place."

"What did you do with her?" Freya demands.

"Oh, I'm sorry, love, but this prophecy has you all acting as fools." Aurora counters. "And I've no intention of risking my life to foolishness. Now, I can't trust Rebekah with any of you, and I certainly can't trust the silly dear to endure on her own, so I decide to put her someplace safe. Imagine a spot where no harm could come to her. Where in fact, no one could possibly even track her down. Yes, rest assured. Rebekah is perfectly fine. At the bottom of the ocean." I clinch my fist in anger.

"You're bluffing." Nik says showing no emotion. Aurora shakes her head no. "Tell me you're bluffing." He grits out.

"What, you should all be thanking me!" She exclaims. "Rebekah's never been safer. She has plenty of company down there. There's all the little crabs and--"

Nik hits the table and stands up enraged. Tristan vamp speeds and grabs Freya holding a two-prong fork to her throat. Freya let's out a shakey breath. "Harm my sister and I'll be forced to return the favor." Elijah vamp speeds and rips Tristan off Freya, pinning him to a concrete beam.

"Well, this all escalated very quickly." Lucien muses.

"Shut up, Lucien!" Nik demands. "Or I'll tear your tongue from your head."

"Be careful with your threats, Nik." Lucien warns. "Anything should happen to me; I won't be able to protect your precious Cami."

"Okay, that is the second time I've heard her name." Aurora exclaims. "First, this one." She gestures to me. "And now her. Just who is this Cami?"

"Someone more important than you." I snip.

"You have bigger problems." Freya threats. She holds her hand out and magically snaps her neck.

"Freya." Nik says.

"Thank god." I breath. "That bitch is annoying."

"Niklaus." Elijah says bringing Tristan forward. "Which of these two vulgar parasites would you first like to torture?" Elijah pushes Tristan backdown into his seat.

"Well, it's half a dozen of one and six of the other, isn't it?" Nik says walking around the table and behind Lucien. He puts his hands on Lucien's shoulders. "Why don't you take the stable boy? Tristan and I are long overdue a good catch-up." Then, he leans down to Lucien's ear. "Oh, if anything happens to Camille..."

"Oh, I'm quite certain Lucien's aware." Elijah interjects. "A devastating error."

"Good." I smile, rubbing my hands together. "Freya and I can tag time the redheaded Satan when her she wakes up. We might even invite Hayley."

_______________________

We have Aurora in one of the bedrooms, waiting for her to wake up. She's leaning against the wall, sitting on the floor. Freya is burning some herbs, casting a spell. Freya clears her throat grabbing Aurora's attention as she comes to.

"Took you long enough." Freya says lowly.

"Oh." Aurora replies staring at the burning herbs in Freya's hand. Then, she looks up at her. "Are we to play a fun game?"

"Actually, yes." Freya confirms smirking. "And now that my spell has made it so that no one can hear what happens..."

"We're going to have a lot of fun." I continue, making myself known as Hayley and I approach her. "Meet Hayley. Fellow Hybrid and equally as pissed off."

"You know, Kelsey, when I heard that Niklaus had children I was hoping I'd get to meet you." She smirks.

"Feelings not mutual." I snap.

"Oh, okay. So then what, pray tell, are we doing here?" Aurora asks.

"Are you that stupid?" I scoff.

"You're gonna tell us where to find Rebekah, or we're going to kill you." Hayley tells her.

"Oh." She chuckles.

"And guess who gets to rip your heart out." I smile sweetly, with a little wave.

"Where's Rebekah?" Hayley asks.

"At the bottom of the ocean." Aurora smirks.

I clinch my fist and punch her in the jaw. She grunts in pain and flexes her jaw.

"I'm gonna ask you again." Hayley spits. "Where is Rebekah?"

"You're quite strong." Aurora says looking up at me. "For an infant."

Freya hold her hand up, hitting her with an aneurysm. Aurora grunts and hold her head in pain. Then, she vamp speeds and pushes Freya into the wall across the room. I swing my leg up and kick her in the face. She goes to throw a punch, but I block it. I swing my fist at her face, and she ducks. Aurora grabs my arm and yanks me forward and then she brings her knee up, hitting my stomach. She starts laughing and Hayley snatches her off me. Freya comes forward and gives her another aneurysm. Aurora yells in pain. Then, Freya releases her.

"Whoo!" She laughs and then she points at Freya. "That actually hurt. Oh, I haven't felt pain since the 1700s. Kind of tickles. And for that, I'm gonna make you suffer." She goes to charge at Freya, and I snatch her down by her hair.

"How about a werewolf bite, you psychotic little bitch?" I seethe showing my hybrid face.

"By all means. If only I can laugh in your face when Nik heals me." She chuckles. I knee her in the stomach, sending her into the wall. She grunts and stands up straight.

"Maybe Nik would heal you, but I doubt he would heal your brother." Freya smirk at her. "Why don't you bite him instead?" Freya suggests.

I turn and smile widely at Aurora. "Sounds great. He did threaten my sister."

"No one should dare harm my brother." Aurora walks forward. "Seeing as you're all going to need him if you want your precious Rebekah back." She smirks. "You see, while I did ensure that Rebekah was dropped in the ocean, I don't know precisely where. I had some old friends do it for me. And then I killed them. I procured two envelopes with her exact location. I got the latitude and Tristan's the longitude. X marks the spot. So, tell me girls, who has the advantage now?"

__________________________

We all gather back at the table. Freya now sitting between me and Lucien. Hayley went back to her house, not that I blame her. These games are really pissing me off.

"Longitude and latitude." Lucien says sitting down. "Lovely."

"Well, despite our differences I believe great strides were made today." Tristan speaks as he and Aurora clink their glasses together.

"Tristan, I can't murder you this very moment, but I could just as easily tear those eyeballs from your skull and feed them to your sister." Elijah threatens.

"Elijah, these are our guest." Nik interjects.

"Nik, it's so sweet of you to defend us." Aurora says, making me roll me eyes.

"You know." Nik announces standing up. "I doubted my brother's wisdom in bringing us all together today, but he was right. We must confront the harsh realities we all face and make difficult choices to ensure our collective survival." He toasts and then takes a drink of wine. Nik walks around the table behind me and to Elijah. "And I have every confidence that my choice will be the right one." He vamp speeds to Tristan and snaps his neck. Aurora gasps in shock and jumps to her feet. Nik looks at her. "Were you anyone else, the servants would already be mopping your blood from the floor. If you do not bring my sister home, Tristan will die, slowly and in tremendous pain."

"You betray me?" Aurora says in disbelief. "After all your promises of love." I raise my eyebrows and cross my arms in irritation.

"You betrayed me first when you took Rebekah!" Nik yells. He lowers his voice. "Now I have your brother. A sibling for a sibling. I want Rebekah back."

"You will regret this." She seethes and as she walks out, she yanks the tablecloth, making everything fall over.

"After everything today, you just let her go?" Freya says.

"Aurora should be easy enough to control." Elijah replies. "We have Tristan now."

"Lucien, you will take me to Camille, and you will surrender the medallion, or you will meet an end so cruel, the devil will weep." Nik threatens.

"And I'm going with." I mutter.

________________________

When we got to Lucien's apartment Cami is gone and her guard dog has missing fingers. The man said Cami cut off his ring, so she could escape. I have been blowing up her phone, trying to find her. But no luck. Mine and Nik's frustration and angry is increasing the longer we are unable to get to her. Nik breaks some furniture as the man lays on the ground from where Nik punched him down.

"Where is she?!" Nik yells.

"I told you." He answers. "She took my daylight ring and ran." Nik plunges the wood into the guys heart and her dies.

"This is your fault." Nik accuses Lucien.

"Well, to be fair, if Cami had done as she was told, she'd still be here, so technically, it's her fault." Lucien points fingers. Nik walks towards him. "Uh-uh. Now you may hate me for involving your pretty friend, but I need your full attention."

"We don't have time for this." I scoff and turning to leave.

"Where are you going?" Nik stops me.

"To find my friend."

"Not alone." Nik denies.

"Yes, alone." I counter. "I have my phone. If I need you, I'll call and vice versa."

Then, I quickly get on the elevator before her can stop me. I'm annoyed with him about all his 'promises of love' to Aurora. Especially when he basically did the same thing to me. But I'm biting my tongue and trying to trust him.

The elevator dings and I get off. I barely take three steps before there is a pinch in my neck. My vision fades and everything goes back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

726K 20.2K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
11.2K 346 25
In which it wasnt Hayley who got pregnant, but rather her best friend Niklaus Mikealson x oc The originals x oc
141K 4.2K 50
Sequel to Amity Mikaelson. Amity goes to New Orleans to help the mother of her brother's baby, and to be with her family during her own pregnancy. Wi...
141K 5.4K 27
π–₯𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝖠𝖿𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗋 | π–ͺπ—…π–Ίπ—Žπ—Œ π–¬π—‚π—„π–Ίπ–Ύπ—…π—Œπ—ˆπ—‡ π–£π–Ίπ—Žπ—€π—π—π–Ύπ—‹ π–₯𝗂𝖼 When a young orphan girl overwhelmed with power shows up in New Or...