Chapter 2

Freya's Point of View

It's been days since Hayley and Kelsey have gone missing. Nothing I've tried has come up with any answers on where they are. Keelin was, thankfully, very understanding of me postponing leaving to be with her. She is even coming home to support us. However, I fear the day her patience runs out. She may know how important family is to me, but one day she might get tried of always being put second.

"Sister." Klaus' voice sounds from behind me. Excitement floods me as I turn around and stand up from the couch. Klaus stands in the doorway of the study with a smirk on his face. "The years have been kind to you." He compliments as we approach each other. We simultaneously collide in a tight hug. He arms circling my waist and mine his neck. Relief and contentment invades my body, happy to have my brother back, even if just for a short while.

"Well, you know, just sun block, the love of a good woman, and literal witchcraft." I joke as we let go, making him smirk in amusement. I sigh deeply. "You can't stay. Hope and Bexley are home." I add defeated.

"I have no interest in infecting my daughters with this darkness." He assures. "Once we've found their mother and their aunt, I'll crawl back to whence I came." He shifts on his feet. "Freya, this city reeks of blood like it hasn't since the War of 1812."

"Yeah, well, you're to blame this time." I tell him bluntly. "I know you spoke to Elijah and then hours later, it rained red."

"No story that begins with water turning into blood has ever ended in triumph." He states walking past me and my eyes follow him. "I need to leave or things are gonna get worse. Tell me about Kelsey and Hayley."

"I've tried every locator spell I know in every language I know and I..." I start to explain, but Klaus suddenly vamps away.

"Dad?" The twins say in unison as they jog into the room. My face falls at their looks of disappointment when they realize he isn't here anymore.

________________________

I see Vincent walking up to me, as I sit in the witches market on a bench. Vincent and I have gotten closer over the years and he's become an very trusted friend. I hate that what I have to tell him is going to make him uneasy and frustrated. He clinks his tongue and pats my knee as he passes me to sit in the empty spot to my right. I smile at him. "Americano with extra remorse." I tell him passing him the peace offering in the form of coffee. "I'm sorry I haven't called you back. A family emergency."

"Yeah, well, it's gonna take something a hell of a lot stronger than an apology coffee for a Mikaelson family emergency." He says.

"Yeah, well, I thought you might say that, so that's more whiskey than it is coffee." I gesture as his cup and he raises an eyebrow. "Take a big gulp, because you should know Klaus is in town."

He sighs in annoyance. "You see, I knew that that blood rain had something to do with your siblings. But the weatherman was talking about some 'freak meteorological phenomenon', but ain't nobody stupid because I know what blood in my eyes feels like, huh?"

"Kelsey and Hayley are missing, Vincent." I reveal and he sighs, dropping his head. "Klaus is in town to find them, which he will, and then he's going to leave. And so will Keelin and I. But, hey, in the meantime, why don't you ask the Oracle of Jackson Square what to do next." I turn away from him and look at a pretty woman with flawless milky skin and long dark hair sitting at a table with a crystal ball in front of her as she talking to a customer.

"I need something serious, Freya." Vincent counters.

"I'm being serious. Look, if something sends a shiver down your spine, ask Ivy." I tell him. "And... after she reads your palm, maybe she'll let you palm her..." I trail off suggestively, but he doesn't find in amusing. "Alright." I give in. "No crystal ball puns for you." I smirk.