Chapter 8

I groan as I open my eyes, the sunlight making it hard to adjust at first. My veins are on fire and I can barely lift my head. My eyes focus in on Cami and I grunt as I try to move. "Cami." I breath out and she turns to me. I try to move my hands, but instead I hiss in pain. Looking down I see my hands and ankles are bound to a chair with rope. My wrists are red and raw. "What's going on?" I mutter, finally realizing I'm by the boxing cage in Marcel's gym.

   "Aurora..." Cami starts, but is cut off.

   "Ahh, good you're awake." Aurora smiles sickly. "It's about time." I go to try and attack her, but my skin starts to sizzle from the ropes and I groan. "Wolfbane and Vervain, nasty little herbs."

   "What do you want?" I seethe.

   "Simple." She smiles. "It seems Nik shares an affection for both of you and I would like to know, what exactly it is. So, tell me a bit about you two. Starting with how you feel about Nik. And, do bear in mind, I am a stickler for honesty."

   "Are you fucking kidding me?!" I snap. "You kidnapped us to talk boys."

   "Not boys." Aurora sneers. "Just one boy."

   "Let Cami go and I'll tell you anything you want to know." I tell her.

   "I'm not leaving you." Cami denies.

   "She's not going anywhere." Aurora says. "At dinner, it was made clear that she means something to Nik and I want to know what."

   "Klaus and I are friends." Cami tells her. "He talks, I listen. I'm his therapist. I give him advice. We're not romantically involved, but I care about him. I see that he wants to be more than what he is. And I don't think you would do much to help him get there."

   "You see the good in Nik." Aurora says. "What about you, Kelsey? Do you see good in him?"

   "Of course, I do." I roll my eyes.

   "Tell me, are one of you to bring it out of him?" Aurora exclaims. "The frail little human that he has manipulated, abused, and compelled or the one night stand that he never even mentioned. He doesn't care about either of you. You're both just a thing he uses from time to time. That's all."

   A laugh weakly. "You are truly delusional."

   "You can say whatever you want. We can't stop you." Cami says. "But I do find it interesting how angry you are. I think you're worried. If there's anything that Klaus likes about us, it's our mind. That we can both understand him. And you? You are beautiful, and you are powerful, and you do have a long history together. But you're worried he doesn't love you. That maybe he does see the truth. That your mind... It's a bit damaged, isn't it?" Aurora back hands Cami into the fence of the cage.

   "You bitch!" I yell enraged, burning my skin as I struggle to get free.

   "Tell me you deepest, darkest secret." Aurora demands looking between me and Cami. "And if I sense that you are holding back... Well, you both might not live long enough for Nik to get here." Neither of us says anything. "I will not ask you again. Your greatest shame, admit it!" She yells. "And do not bother lying because I will know. And then I'll end you both. So, come on, Kelsey. You first."

    I sigh in frustration. "Fine. Most wolves hate to idea of being a vampire. It goes against their nature. But, me, I love it. The heighten senses, the urge to kill. Killing make me feel empowered and that makes my sick. I fight that feeling everyday. I hold back my urges and only embrace them when faced with enemies. Is that what you wanted to hear? The thing that I'm ashamed of most."

   "Yes!" She exclaims. "Amazing. Who would have thought? Little miss moral compass." She laughs, then she turns to Cami. "And you?"  

   "Junior year of college, I was arrested for assault. Battery." Cami answers shocking me.