Chapter 11

After hours of being barricaded in the room with Kol, we decide to find Marcel. I went out first and Kol stayed behind me, just in case. We search the entire second floor, before finding him in the ballroom on the first floor. Kol and I walk down the stairs and to where he is situated on a couch. Church bells rang cutting through the silence.

   "What's with the church bells?" Kol inquires. "Sounds like the preamble at my own bloody funeral."

   "It's Carillon Eve." Marcel answers. "The locals shroud the eyes of angels, so the dead can walk among us for a night without judgement." I sit in the middle of the couch across from Marcel and Kol sits on the arm of it to my left. "The bells wake the dead and guide them to eternal rest. So, whether you live or die today, you can join the festivities."

   "Oh, Marcel, you and Kelsey are going to make certain that I live." Kol chuckles. "I'm the only one who knows how to find Rebekah."

   "Shut up." I snap at him.

   "You underestimate how hungry I am." Marcel threatens. "How much I'd like to appease my hungry friends outside that door."

   "And just what would Davina say about that?" Kol taunts, making me growl. "Because, I'm not one to kiss and tell, obviously, but I think she likes me."

   "Watch your mouth." Marcel warns him and then he stands and leans closer to Kol. "Before I drain every vein of yours myself."  Marcel turns and walks out to the other vampires, shutting the door behind him.

   "Must you piss him off every time you see him?" I groan in annoyance, standing up to face him. "You could be a little more grateful that he's willing to help me keep you alive."

   "What's the fun in that?" He smirks.

   "Just stop using my sister against him." I demand. "She's not a pawn you can dangle in front of him." Suddenly, the room started to spin. I bring my hand to my head and gasp as a weird sensation floods my body.

   "Kelsey?" Kol asks in concern walking closer. "Are you okay?" I try to answer, but my legs give out. Thankfully I fall on the couch. "I'll get Mar--" Everything goes black. 

____________________________

   I open my eyes and I see Nik standing in front of me and Elijah circling the room. I'm seated in one of the four chairs that are in a square with a rug under their legs. Animal heads are mounted on the walls. We look to be in some kind of cabin. Confusion is written all over my face. One minute I'm trapped in the Compound and now I'm here.

   "Niklaus. Kelsey." Elijah says. Nik looks at me with knitted eyebrows, before turning to Elijah, who is behind him. Kol, then, walks out of the shadows.

   "You two?" Kol asks looking at his brothers.

   "What is this?" Nik inquires. Kol steps closer to his brothers and looks around.

   "It's a chambre de chasse." Kol informs us. "A hunt room. It's where witches bring their prey for mental target practice. Our bodies are in the real world laid on the floor whilst our minds are in here, represented by these creepy animal heads."

   "That's just fantastic." I groan.

   "Let me take a wild guess as to who's the author of this nightmare." Nik says. "Finn, show yourself." We all look around waiting for him to come out.

   The door behind me opens and Finn walks in. I stand and back away from him, not caring to relive dying again. When I'm close enough to him, Nik grabs my arm and pulls me behind him. Then, he raises his arm towards Finn, ready to attack. However, his arm stays frozen in mid air. Finn's face drops when he lays his eyes on me, but only for a second, then he changes it to a smirk to cover his confusion.