Chapter 3

"And given the circumstances, Lucien qualifies as both friend and foe. And according to Freya's prophecy--" Klaus says from behind his desk in the study. I sigh and slump on the couch.

   "We are to beware both friend and foe." Elijah finishes for him, from his spot by the fireplace. "But let us not forget family, Niklaus."

   "Lucien's two out of three. I say we put him down, just like old times." Klaus ignores the elephant in the room.

   "Just like old times?" Elijah inquires. "Brother, I wonder who among our family do you suppose has the greatest predilection for betrayal?" I groan in annoyance.

   "Brother, please--" Klaus tries, but Elijah cuts him off again.

   "Now, before we murder Lucien, there are certain questions that need to be answered." Elijah says walking up to Klaus' desk. "Chiefly, what is he doing here? And the wolf venom... Why would he lie to you, his sire? I'm afraid we might have to resort to something deliciously medieval here, brother."

   "We?" Klaus asks. "I take it you will lower yourself to associate with your bastard brother, then?" Klaus stands from his seat. "Have you finally forgiven me?"

   "I will consider it." Elijah replies. "When Hayley forgives you, Gia rises from the dead, and hell freezes over." He adds making my snort in amusement. "For now, however, let's just hope your little friendship with Lucien doesn't disrupt our mission." Elijah hastily exits the room.

   "And you?" Klaus inquires looking at me.

   "Well, you all are my family and you're being threatened. So, I'm in in whatever way you all need." I sigh. "As far as forgiving you? Let's just take one step at a time."

_________________________

   After our morning meeting. The brother's went to find Lucien and get some answers. Hayley is busy working out being human again with Jackson at Marcel's little fight arena. Davina is dealing with a bunch of dead witches. Marcel is doing whatever it is that he does. And Cami is helping a Detective Kinney with his investigation into The Quarter's recent killings.

   So with nowhere to be Freya and I played with the twins and wait on updates all day. Klaus is the only one that actually clued me in on what is going on on his end. Once he and Elijah got to Lucien's place the prophecy witch told them that Detective Kinney had taken Lucien in for questioning. Elijah and Klaus decided to try and see if they could see anything new with the vision and drank from the witch again.

   The vision revealed Lucien has some interest in Cami. So, Elijah and Klaus split up. Elijah went to chat with Marcel and Klaus went to the police station for Cami. When he arrived Cami and Vincent were questioning Lucien. Klaus told me that Lucien said a guy named Tristan, which he met around the same time as Lucien, is in town and that he is responsible for the murders.

   Elijah and Klaus did end up meeting again. Elijah informed him that Tristan is in town. Tristan is Elijah's sire and Lucien is Klaus'. Which is why the two are trying to pit Klaus and Elijah against each other. However, even though Elijah is furious with Klaus, he would never fall into that trap. Klaus and Elijah trust Lucien and Tristan a ton less than they do one another. And with their current sibling struggles that's saying something.

_____________________

Shortest Chapter. Couldn't find hardly any scenes Kelsey would fit in.