Chapter 2

I was feeling especially angry and hungry yesterday and this morning. Nik decided yesterday that it would be a good idea to get out of the Compound. So, we went to a place called the Cauldron and then we ran through the woods in wolf form. Occasionally I will turn into a wolf in hopes of forgetting all human problems by running and acting on pure animalistic instincts. Sometimes it helps numb the pain and numbing is exactly what I needed the last few days. So, I killed and felt no guilt.

I left a body in the court yard, not caring if anyone sees it. It's not like anyone comes here anymore. Hopefully, Elijah or Nik will clean up the mess. Or order someone to do it. I left a trail of blood leading to my bathroom, where I am taking a bath.

It doesn't take long for Elijah to follow that trail and show up at my door. A judgmental look all over his face as he looks at a second body sitting up against the wall. Thankfully, I am surrounded by bubbles, so my naked body is hidden from him.

"Can I help you?" I snark, not looking up.

"You've had an eventful morning." He says.

"Well, I've had a shit couple of days. So, Nik got me out of the house and took me to The Cauldron." I tell him monotoned. "And of course, we ran into some witches." I address the dead bodies.

"So would you like me to remove your leftovers?" Elijah asks with a hint of sarcasm.

"Don't be judgy." I snap, finally looking at him. "It's not like Nik hasn't done worse."

"I would hope that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than Niklaus." Elijah comments.

"I do, sometimes." I roll my eyes. "Like I said, he's done WORSE." I emphasize 'worse'. "Besides, I'm a hybrid now. My werewolf temper mixed with a new appetite, and the witches responsible for attempting to kill my twin is reasonable grounds for my behavior. Besides, the one's responsible are worthless. So, they get to be food. Now, I'm not Katherine Peirce and I would like to leave it at one Mikaelson brother seeing me naked. And that spot, unfortunately, has already been claimed by Nik. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to get dressed now." I gesture for him to get out and shakes his head at me before leaving.

__________________________

After I got dressed, I headed to the kitchen for a drink. As I pass the dining room I hear Elijah and Nik's voices. Elijah clearly didn't approve of mine and Nik's outing last night.

"You took her on a witch hunt?" Elijah drills.

"I simply wanted to persuade those witches to locate the white oak stake for me." Nik responds sounding unbothered. "When they proved unable to do so, I let Kelsey have her fun."

"She grows more savage by the day." Elijah stresses, trying to get Nik to see his side. I just roll my eyes. "Can you not see that she is falling apart?"

"Perhaps the problem is your high standards." Nik points out. "Kelsey is one of us now. Being a vampire only exaggerates what you truly are and wolves are wild things. Your judgment will only annoy her more."

"I am trying to help her, and I asked you to help her, brother." Elijah says making me quietly scoff. I'm not his responsibility and it's not his nor Nik's place to try and fix me.

"I am helping." Nik counters frustrated followed by a bang. I have no idea what since I can't see them. "You should have seen her last night covered in witches' blood and smiling from ear to ear. She is embracing this, and less criticism from you, and Kelsey'll be just fine." Nik finishes coming to my defense. Although, for the first time since I lost my babies a small wave of guilt waves over me. Just for a millisecond, before I push it away completely.