Chapter 15

Davina stayed with me and the twins the night Kol died. I didn't want her to be alone. However, when she woke up the next day she insisted on just that. So, reluctantly I agreed.

   Elijah moved out. He claims it's to help Marcel make the vampires stronger, but we all know there is more to it then that. When, Nik asked Jackson and Hayley to move in I don't think he expected Elijah to leave the Compound. But, that's what he gets for being a massive jerk.

   I haven't really talked to Nik since our....fight? If you'd even call it that. There wasn't really any arguing, more like me saying my piece and leaving him with it. Honestly, I just don't have the mental energy to discuss anything, so I've been giving him the cold shoulder. Which, he totally deserves. When, we are in the same room I can feel him looking at me and I know he wants to talk. He doesn't make staying annoyed with him easy.

   Nik has gathered Hayley, Jackson, and I in his study. He stands across from Jackson, who is sitting in the middle of the couch. Hayley and I sit on each arm of the couch. I keep a close eye on Nik, not wanting him to try anything on Jackson.

   "It's time to use our werewolf army." Nik says looking at Jackson. "Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location."

   "No. We need all hands on deck here with Hope and Bexley." Jackson denies. "You can compel humans to track your enemies."

   "Do my ears deceive me, or did you just give me an order in my own home?" Nik raises his eyebrows.

   "This ain't about your ego." Jackson snaps. "It's about what's best for those two little girls."

   "How dare you question my intentions for my daughters."

   "Both of you knock it off." I demand. "No one is ordering anyone. This is a discussion to come up with a plan. Compelling humans, who can't defend themselves against a witch is awful. I agree that the twins need to be protected. However, Finn is a threat to them. Freya is a wild card. We don't know hardly anything about her. We need to find them."

   Jackson sighs and Nik smirks at me. I roll my eye at him, making his smirk drop. Hayley turns to Jackson. "Jack. Kelsey and Klaus are right." She says. "Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means he's powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him."

   "At least he still looks the same." I mutter.

   "Either way, we're not finding them unless we send our best people out there." Hayley adds.

   "But I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them posthaste." Nik smirks. Jackson stands and walks up to Nik.

   "Just to be clear I'm giving this order because Hayley and Kelsey are asking. Don't think that for one second I take orders from you." He says sternly, but Nik continues to smirk.

   "I'm going to go check on the twins." I roll my eye. "Watching 'Who's dick is bigger' is exhausting." I snip, getting a laugh from Hayley as I walk out.

_______________________

   Aiden called Nik to tell him that he had a run in with Freya and, unfortunately, Mikael. He was in the cemetery and Mikael had killed a wolf for blood.

   Knowing that Finn is someone I want to see taken out after everything he's done, Nik invited me. I think he, also, invited me as an attempt to get back on my good side. I left the twins, for the first time in a few days, with Hayley.

   We walk through the cemetery and fog coats the air. "Finn!" Nik yells. "I know you're here! The wolves tell me you've been quite active, robbing graves and violating corpses. Sounds like you." He smirks. "Why don't you come out so we can finish this?"