Chapter 9

I wake up laying on my back. There is something heavy across my torso. I let out a yawn and bring my hand up to rub my eyes. I look down and see an arm slung over me. Smiling I turn and look at Nik. He is still fast asleep.

Knowing Cami had a rough night and I need to make sure she's alright, I inch towards to the side of the bed. I try my best not to wake him, but it's all in vain. Because, as soon as I start to move away he tightens his grip and pulls be back. I look back over at him. His eyes are still closed, but the giant smirk gives him away. I giggle a little and turn my body to him and brush some curls off his forehand.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty." He says in his deep morning voice as he opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Good morning." I smile. "We should get up and check on Cami."

"Just a little longer." He mutters not moving.

"Okay, but if we are going to lay here then we should talk about what happened last night." I tell him.

He smiles widely. "Well, I think you know what happened. When two people are in love they show it by...."

"Stop, stop, stop." I laugh with him, covering his mouth with my hand. "You know what I mean." I remove my hand and look at him pointedly.

"You're right." He groans. "We should check on Cami."

"Yeah, I thought you'd say that." I smirk. "We will have to talk about it though."

"I know." He says as he rolls over and stands up only in his boxers. He walks over to his dresser and grabs two shirts. Nik tosses one to me and I quickly pull it over my head and get up and grab my jeans off the floor.

"After we see Cami, I've got to go check on the twins." I inform him and he nods.

"You could move back in." He suggests. "Then, instead of across the street, you'd be down the hall."

"That would be a topic for that conversation you wanted to put off." I smirk at him.

"Fair enough, Love." He chuckles.

"You know, I loved when I was the only one you called that." I tell him as he walks up to me. "Hearing it directed at her made me sick to my stomach."

He frowns and brings my chin up so I was looking him in the eye. "Everything with her was an act. I don't have to act with you."

"I know." I smiles slightly and he places a kiss on my forehead.

"C'mon, Love." He winks and then he grabs my hand and leads me out of his room.

__________________________

Few Days Later

We decided it would be better that Cami stay at the Compound for a bit and she agreed. Aurora is still out there and could use Cami to get to me or Nik. So, her staying with Nik and Elijah is safer. I've spent the last few days keeping her company.

Nik and I still haven't had a conversation on rather or not I should move back in, nor had we discussed what our relationship is exactly. Instead, we flirt and share a few kisses here and there. I know what I would like it to be, but with Aurora still a threat and the prophecy glaring at us, the conversation isn't at the top of our to-do list.

Elijah has been busy getting everything in order to get Rebekah back. He had paid some people to retrieve her from the ocean and I am so excited to see her.

Christmas is right around the corner. The Courtyard is decorated with a huge Christmas tree, lights, reds, and greens. The Compound looks very festive and cozy.