Chapter 16

My eyes flutter open as the morning light shines through my window. I immediately feel eyes on me, so I look next to me and see Nik staring. A genuine smile across his face as he lays on his side. I smile at him and roll over on my side to face him.

   "How long have you been watching me sleep?" I ask him.

   "Not to long." He says, his voice deep and raspy from just waking up, making my stomach flip. I quickly decide I love his morning voice.

   "Umm. Not creepy at all." I tease sarcastically.

   "It's your fault." He shrugs.

   "Oh, really. How's that?" I ask, my smile staying on my face.

   "You look like that." He gestures at me. "How am I not suppose to stare."

   I chuckle and nudge his shoulder, causing him to laugh. He snakes his arm around my wait and under his shirt, that I put on last night, placing his hand on my bare back. He pulls me to him, putting my chest against his naked one. Nik brings his lips to mine. I smile into to kiss and entangle our legs. I thread my fingers into his hair on the back of his neck and gently pull, making him groan.

   Nik rolls himself on top of me without breaking the kiss. He leans on one of his elbows by my head and his other hand stays gripping my waist. I spread my legs and bend my knees fitting him between them. His mouth leaves mine and he begins trailing down my jaw and to my neck. He makes it to my soft spot by my ear and a cry cuts through the building tension. 

   Nik groans into my neck in defeat, making me chuckle. I gently push him off me and he rolls on his back. "Duty calls." I laugh standing and stretching my arms over my head causing his shirt to raise up my thighs. When I look at Nik I find him already staring at me. I send him a wink and he chuckles.

   "That's alright, Love." He says as I enter the nursery and grab Hope who had woken up and is ready to eat. "I need to send Freya an invite for brunch."

   "Really?" I look at him skeptical and in disbelief. "Because yesterday you didn't want to give her the time of day."

   "Best we see what she knows and what her intentions are." He tells me standing, slipping his jeans from last night back on, and walking over to me. He kisses Hope's cheek and then my forehead. "I'll see you later." I smile and nod.

   Nik exits my room and I bring Hope to my bed, before laying her down and putting pillows around her so she doesn't roll off. Then, I make her and Bexley a bottle on a table in my room. All the things I need either in a draw, my mini refrigerator, and on the table, including a bottle warmer.

_______________________

   I put the twins down for their morning nap at about 10:45. Bexley had woken up right after I fed Hope. Brunch with Freya is happening in the dining room at 11, which is where I am now. Nik stands leaning on his chair at the head of the table and I sit on his left. The placements have been set out and compelled waiter's put food out on the table.

   Elijah enters the dining room and removes his jacket, hanging it up. "There you are, finally." Nik greets him with a smile.  

   "I was delayed." Elijah explains.

   "Our guest of honor will be here momentarily."

   "Strange." Elijah comments apprehensively. "The house is conspicuously absent of out lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account."

   "I sent Hayley and her husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren." Nik informs him while walking to the other end on the table. "To test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."