Chapter 12

I wake up before Davina, so I go to my room and get dressed. Then, I go in search of Elijah. He has Davina's art and I'm curious to see if he has drawn any conclusions. I find him in the study standing over the drawings that have been put together to create one big image of a woman. Hayley is sat in a chair next to the sketch.

   "Their ancestral magic anchors this city." Elijah says, as I join them. "There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

   "Who is, now, tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus says entering the room making me roll my eyes. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

   "Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power." Elijah suggest. "Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand why all these sketches now." Elijah says with little frustration sitting down in a chair I'm standing behind. I move to stand next to Hayley.

   "Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus replies sitting down in another chair around the table that holds the drawing of Celeste.

   "Exactly who is this Celeste?" I ask crossing my arms over my chest.

   "Celeste is Elijah's old flame." Klaus smirks as a crash sounds making all of us snap our heads in the direction on the noise. "Well, that's going well."

   "What is?" I ask in confusion.

   "Marcel is attempting to reconcile with our little witch." Klaus continues to smirk in amusement.

   "Davina does NOT belong to you." I snap still infuriated with him.

   "If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah tells Klaus.

   "Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus says.

   "Probably." I shrug. "It's not like you're in short supply." Hayley hides a chuckle with a fake cough.

   "Give me a month. I'll get you a list." Elijah adds to my dig causing Klaus to laugh. Another crash sounds through the compound.

   "Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in my ass." He stands storming out.

   "I'm going to make sure he doesn't try to murder my sister... again." I huff hurrying after him.

   I speed down the corridor hot on his trail.

   "I'm not going to kill her." He states.

   "Too bad I don't trust that." I scoff as we make it to her room.

   "What's with all the racket?" Klaus demands busting through the door with me coming in behind him. Davina is on her hands and knees beginning to cough up dirt on her bed. Marcel is beside her with his hand on her back.

   "Davina!" I exclaim climbing on my knees next to her on the bed and gathering her hair as she vomits mud. Her body is shaking and she is coughing and whimpering as more dirt covers her bed.

   "Bloody hell." Klaus says in shock.

   "What is this?" I ask desperately, hoping one of them has an answer.

   Suddenly the entire compound starts to shake. The lamps on the end tables crash to the floor along with anything laying on the dressers. The bed shakes violently as I keep ahold of Davina. Klaus and Marcel rush out the door to see the damage happening outside the room.