Chapter 22

I'm dreading the moment I see Nik today. After the kiss and him vanishing I don't know where we stand. But I do know that our next encounter will be awkward. Although my plan is to ignore that it happened all together, unless he brings it up. Which I doubt he will.

Niklaus and Elijah decided to have Genevieve spell the rings for the werewolves, instead of Davina. Especially since she is an easier person to persuade. Davina has been distant since the festival. She has been dealing with the other Harvest girls giving her a hard time, especially Monique. So, Elijah gave Genevieve access to their mother's grimoire, which I believe is a huge mistake.

Nik and Eiljah sent Jackson and Oliver after the rare stones needed for the spell. However, they should have been back at the Compound by now and they're not. Hayley and I took our concern to Elijah, who was in the study. He immediately called Nik.

"Yes, brother? What is it?" Niklaus says on the other line.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Elijah tells him.

"They should have been back hours ago." Hayley says.

"We need to find them." Elijah adds.

"Well, that might be a bit tricky." Nik replies. "You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghaied."

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" Elijah inquires.

"It was my intention to present you with the problem only after I'd found an appropriate solution." Nik explains.

"Well, do enlighten us." Elijah requests.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak." Nik says. "The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose."

"Marcel." Elijah and I say in unison.

"No." Hayley voices with worry. "He'll kill them."

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell." I roll my eyes at her name. "The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage, before I pay her a visit..."

"No!" I exclaim. "Niklaus, you leave my sister alone." I demand.

"And there it is." Niklaus says ignoring me and hanging up.

I turn and go to exit the room. Elijah vamp speed in front of me. "Where are you going?" He questions.

"To my sister." I deadpan. "I won't let your brother hurt her again. So, get out of my way."

"Kelsey." Hayley tries. "You should stay. It's not safe."

"I don't care." I growl. "I'm not letting Davina die again."

I sidestep Elijah. This time he doesn't try to stop me.

____________________

I find Davina in the witch's greenhouse. She was standing with her back to me, staring at nothing.

"Davina?" I ask her. She quickly turns and looks at me. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She scrunches her eyebrows. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to get you." I answer. "Let's go."

"Wait. Why?" She inquires as I walk up to her and grab her wrist.

"I'll explain later."

I start to pull her with me towards the door. But Josh flew through it and rolled to our feet.