Chapter 14

Elijah told me that him and Cami still have the twins and they are okay. I reframed from going to get them yesterday, but after what Finn has done I decide that I need to go now. So, I start packing. Throwing random necessities in a bag.

   "What do you think you're doing?" Nik's voice drifts through my room as he enters.

   "Elijah told me they're on the road. So, I'm going to go get our daughters." I tell him, like it's obvious. I don't slow down in my packing as he opens his mouth to shoot me down. "Do not tell me that it's not safe." I add before he can get anything out. "You know what isn't safe? Blowing up a house to stop your psycho brother from finding them."

   "We'll deal with Finn." Nik assures me.

   "But, then what? Killing him just means he'll jump into a new body." I counter walking up to him at the foot of my bed. "Running and hiding isn't working."

   "What's your bright idea?" He snips in frustration. "I'm working on a plan. One which will be bolstered if you calm down."

   "Don't." I warn he sternly. "Do not tell me to calm down. I'm freaking out and I'm totally justified in it."

   "Hayley's getting married. An act which will seal the loyalty of all the wolves that answer to Finn." Nik points out. "She will be queen to an army." He takes me bag from my hand. "Don't run."

   "What are you talking about?" I question him, scrunching my eyebrows. "I'm not planning on running. I just want to go get them and bring them here."

   "Elijah has it handled, I promise." Nik replies. I groan and sit on my bed.

   "I hate sitting here and doing nothing." I sigh. "I can't provide immediate protection for them if they aren't in arms reach."

   "I know this is all incredibly frustrating." Nik says. "But, we are going to figure all this out." He reaches down and grabs my hands, pulling up back up and in front of him. "I won't let anything happen to the twins."

   "I know." I mutter with a nod. "I trust you." He smiles at me causing me to smile back. Then, he leans forward and kisses my forehead.

_________________________

   I walk into Hayley's room to find her holding a white dress up to her body in the mirror. Rebekah is watching her with a smile. I let out an impressed whistle as I join them. "Damn." I smile. "You'll be the prettiest bride in New Orleans." Hayley glances a me through the mirror and smiles, before turning her attention back to the dress.

   "It's beautiful." Hayley agrees.

   "I happen to be the only woman alive who's commissioned wedding dresses in five different centuries." Rebekah smiles. "Never made it down the aisle, of course."

   "Well, you know it's not too late." Hayley points out as she hangs the dress on the mirror.

   "It's definitely not." I smile teasingly. "And I happen to be good friends with your soulmate."

   "Marcel." Hayley and I say in unison.

   "And from what I understand he's still single." Hayley adds. "Have you told him yet that you're you?" She asks referring to Rebekah being in a different body.

   "I thought I'd hold off on that for the moment." Rebekah replies. "It only complicates matters and I'm not exactly sure how long this is going to last."

   "Right." Hayley says.

   "Bex, you and your siblings I swear." I groan. "Kol refuses to tell Davina he's hexed. You won't tell Marcel you're back."