Chapter 13

I have been walking the streets for a while, headed to Rousseau's to see if Josh has any leads on the twins. My nerves are on high and I couldn't just wait at the Compound and do nothing. I need to find them.

   People screaming and glass crashing catches my attention. I vamp to the next street over and seeing witches running for cover and somewhere to hide. Fire spreads in a couple of stores and on the lamp posts . Tables and chairs from the side walk are scattered, knocked over and forgotten. Broken glass litters the street, from being shattered. The street lamps, that aren't on fire, busts and sends sparks everywhere. I look farther down and see Hope and Bexley causing all the damage, with a group on witches behind them.

   Not hesitating, I take off running towards them. "Bexley! Hope!" I call for them. "Girls!" I come to a stop a few feet away. The twins put there hands down and stop the destruction. "I know you guys are in there. I know you can hear me." The wind is loud and forceful, sending my hair and theirs flying. "You two can fight her. You're stronger than her."

   "You think you can stop me?" The twins say in unison.

   "I'm not going to let you take them." I yell. They both raise their hands and I gasp as my feet leave the ground. Their magic holding me still as they constrict my windpipe. Once, I'm about ten feet off the ground, my head is forced to the side and everything goes dark.

_____________________

   I groan and my hand goes straight to my neck rubbing it. I quickly sit up from a couch. I look around in confusion, not knowing where I am. I breath heavily to gain composure.

   "You're okay." Vincent says turning to face me. Candles are lit anywhere in the apartment and he is holding some kind of herb plant. "You're alright. Some witches, um, they found you on the street, they called me and I brought you here. You're fine."

   "Thank you, but I have to go back there." I tell him. "I have to get that bitch out of Hope and make her release Bexley."

   "That's what I'm trying to do, Kelsey." He counters. "I'm shoring up my power for the ritual."

   "What are you talking about?" I question. "What ritual?"

   "The ritual that we need to talk about." He answers. "I can remove the Hollow from Hope, but I need somewhere to put it. Somewhere that is able to contain that much power and is eternal."

   "And that would be?"

   "The Mikaelsons'." He sighs. "Just like they did with the bones, I can separate the Hollow into the four Mikaelsons'."

   "So, the four of them will have to separate? They can't ever see each other again?" I question, already hating the plan. "Forever."

   "Yeah, and I didn't tell them this." Vincent says. "When you leave here, you need to go home, you need to pack some bags, you need to find a way out of town, quick and quiet, just for you and the twins. Maybe Hayley."

    "What are you talking about?" I ask him cautiously, my stomach turning.

   "Kelsey, the Hollow has felt your little girls' power." He explains. "And it's gonna want to get that power back. And when we finish this ritual, the Hollow is gonna live inside of the Mikaelsons. Through them, it's gonna reach out, and it's gonna try to regain access to you little girls. That can never happen and any time they are anywhere near them, they are not gonna be safe. Ever." I swallow thickly as tears prick my eyes. "Now, you and I both know Klaus Mikaelson, he's not gonna be okay with that. So when we finish this ritual, when we get your twins back, you have got to go. Kelsey, you take them, and you run like hell."