Chapter 1

It's been a few months since Dahlia's fall. And the Compound is still full of tension. Elijah and Klaus are still at odds. Although, Elijah is keeping his promise to Hayley and is staying with us, so that I'm not on my own with Klaus. Klaus has no regrets and apologies for anything he did. He believes his actions were completely justified. Elijah is having a difficult time moving passed what he did to Gia and Hayley, not that I blame him.

   Rebekah is still traveling and looking for a way to help Kol. She stays in touch as best she can, but she's been very busy. Freya writes to her every now and then to keep her up to date. Freya is living in the Compound too. She is fitting into the family just fine and she and I get along quite well. Which definitely helps with the brotherly tension that surrounds us.

   Klaus did keep his word to Marcel. He handed over control of the Quarter. Marcel started a fight gym at the old St. Anne's Church to train and test anybody who would like to join his vampire community. Elijah has even taken up to sparring with him, probably to handle his aggression towards Klaus. 

   The twins are growing like weeds. They learn new things everyday. Klaus has been very attentative to them, which I'm glad. They deserve a good relationship with their father, even if he and I aren't speaking. I don't talk to Klaus unless it involves the girls and he doesn't try to talk to me. My anger grows with his lack of remorse for the pain he has caused. He still believes that I voluntarily took off with the twins and abandoned him.

   Hayley and the pack are still cursed. Elijah and I are searching for a cure whenever we can, with Freya's help. But no luck. Klaus has been no help. Which, isn't surprising. I visit her every full moon and I bring the twins most of the time with Elijah. We do our best to inform her of all this things she has missed, but I know it's not easy on her.

   Davina is infuriated about what Klaus pulled. She seeks revenge, I'm sure. Not that I totally blame her. She's not upset with me, but we are slowly growing apart since I live with Klaus. She has become Regent of the nine covens in New Orleans.

   Since, everyone is on the outs with Klaus, he has taken up to seeing his therapist again. He tells Cami he wants to fix all the damage he has caused. Yet, he shows no regrets and that only pushes me and Elijah farther away.

Nik

Can you meet me?

   The message lights up my phone screen. Right after I read it my phone buzzes again with the address. Rolling my eyes and sighing I send him a thumbs up. I don't know why he wants to meet. We basically never talk. I'd be lying if I said I don't miss him. However, I'm not about to just forgive and forget. He went too far this time and he doesn't even understand that what he did to those that love him was wrong.

   I exit my room, running into Elijah in the hallway. "Elijah. Just who I was looking for." I smile and he returns it. "Do you mind keeping an eye on the girls for a bit?"

   "Not at all." He says. "Where are you off to?"

   "Your psycho brother asked me to meet him."

   "I thought you two weren't talking." He scrunches his eyebrows.

   "Oh, we're not." I shake my head. "I have no idea what he wants. This is the first time he's even tried to talk to me since Dahlia."

   "And you?" He raises his eyebrows in curiosity. "Are you speaking to him."

   "Not unless I have to." I shrug. "What he did to Marcel, Rebekah, Davina, Hayley, Gia, and you, I'm just...."

   "Disappointed." He sighs and I nod. "Do you plan to tell him the only reason you left him is because Hayley and Jackson knocked you out?"

   "Nope. He didn't even have the decency to let me explain, so why bother. Besides, if he found out I don't trust that he wouldn't track Hayley and Jackson down and kill them."