Unlikely🌻

Por countryfresh

Meet Taliha, a renowned introverted bookworm with a haunting past and a secret alter ego as an up-and-coming... Más

Author's Note
Prologue🌻
Chapter One🌻
Chapter Two🌻
Chapter Three🌻
Chapter Four🌻
Chapter Five🌻
Chapter Six🌻
Chapter Seven 🌻
Chapter Eight 🌻
Chapter Nine🌻
Chapter Ten🌻
Chapter Eleven🌻
Chapter Twelve 🌻
Chapter Thirteen🌻
Chapter Fourteen🌻
Chapter Fifteen🌻
Chapter Sixteen🌻
Chapter Seventeen🌻
Chapter Eighteen🌻
Chapter Nineteen🌻
Quick Quiz!
Chapter Twenty🌻
Chapter Twenty-one🌻
Chapter Twenty-Two🌻
Chapter Twenty-Three🌻
Chapter Twenty-Five🌻
Chapter Twenty-Six🌻
Chapter Twenty-Seven🌻
Chapter Twenty-Eight🌻
Chapter Twenty-Nine🌻
Chapter Thirty🌻
Chapter Thirty-One🌻
Chapter Thirty-Two🌻
Chapter Thirty-Three🌻 (part 1)
Chapter Thirty-Four🌻(part 2)
Announcement!
Chapter Thirty-Six 🌻
Chapter Thirty-Six🌻
Chapter Thirty-Seven🌻
Chapter Thirty-Eight🌻
Chapter Thirty-Nine🌻
Quick Quiz!
Catchphrases ❤️📌
Chapter Fourty🌻
Chapter Fourty-One🌻
Chapter Fourty-Two🌻
Catchphrases 2❤️📌
Chapter Fourty-Three🌻
Chapter Fourty-Four🌻
Chapter Fourty-Five🌻
Chapter Fourty-Six🌻
Chapter Fourty-Seven🌻
Chapter Fourty-Eight🌻
Chapter Fourty-Nine🌻
Chapter Fifty🌻
Chapter Fifty-One🌻
Chapter Fifty Two🌻
Chapter Fifty-Three🌻
Chapter Fifty-Four🌻
Chapter Fifty-Five🌻
Chapter Fifty-Six🌻
Chapter Fifty-Seven🌻
Chapter Fifty-Eight🌻
Chapter Fifty-Nine🌻
Chapter Sixty 🌻
Chapter Sixty-One🌻
Chapter Sixty-Two🌻
Chapter Sixty-Three🌻
Chapter Sixty-Four🌻
Chapter Sixty-Five 🌻
Chapter Sixty-Six🌻
Chapter Sixty-Seven🌻
Chapter Sixty-Eight🌻
Chapter Sixty-Nine 🌻
Chapter Seventy🌻
Chapter Seventy-One🌻
Chapter Seventy-Two🌻
Chapter Seventy-Three🌻

Chapter Twenty-Four🌻

47 13 11
Por countryfresh

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and Most Merciful, the twenty-fourth chapter of the story begins, please do enjoy it.
Good luck!

Taliha's POV:
My alarm goes off in my dark room after I used my finger to turn it off. Then I sat up lazily, I really had a bad night. I had to help my mum arrange some documents in her room, she said she needed them for her work. I was yawning until I got to bed last night.

As i remembered everything last night, I was yawning with my hands stretched out. Eventually, I switched on the light bulb on the bedside table and I reached out to my glasses. "Alhamduliiiilah..." I said breathlessly with my mouth opened wide, my hand wasn't touching the glasses properly so it fell down.

I gasped. Oh no!

Sincerely, I hate it when the glasses fall down onto the ground. One fact is that my bed is a little high from the ground, so I might fall down if i try to reach out to the glasses. And this isn't the first time that it has happened to me. Four years ago, I woke up to pick out my glasses but it fell from my bed. That time, I was living at my grandma's house. The beds in their house were really nice and fancy, the four-poster kinds and they were extremely high. I was about 170cm tall and the poster bed was 5cm high from the ground, I didn't know why I chose the bed in the first place. I guess I was engrossed with the fact that it was super comfortable, maybe because...the foam was irresistible.

Since the glasses fell from the bed, I had to reach my hand out to the ground. I tried opening my eyes wide to see the room but no, it felt that everything was covered with an opaque veil, i rubbed my eyes continuously like someone who was blinded...well I was half blinded. Eventually, I stretched my hand out to the ground with my body glued to the bed, my other hand was clutching the duvet to hold a firm grasp. My hand wasn't able to touch the ground properly, so I tried to move closer to the edge of the bed so that my hand could reach the ground. I searched the nearest space I could find but I didn't feel any object in my hand, so I groaned feeling frustrated. I decided to reach out a little more, my body was already moving out of the bed but I was totally absent minded. As I reached out a little more trying to move my fingers further, then I slipped and fell onto the ground.

"Oww!" I cried softly while rubbing my head, I had a wolly-like hat on my head to cover my hair. I also wore a red sleeved sweater and white trousers. Eventually, my mum helped me in getting the glasses. She walked into the room while holding a tray of orange juice in a glass, then she saw me on the ground.

She gasped instantly holding a confused look, then she dropped the tray on the drawer near the door. She walked to me before crouching down and held my chin with a worried look "What happened Taliha, why are you on the ground?"

I didn't reply her because I didn't know what to say yet, then she carried me back onto the bed before she tried to remove any dirt on my clothes. That time, I was struggling with communication so i could only speak a few words, but mum was trying her best to keep me company and happy.

Immediately she noticed that my face had no glasses on, she crouched down to search for them.

"Here dear, you must have dropped your glasses, right?"

My mum stated while wearing the glasses on my face, then her face got clearer after the glasses were fixed on my face. It seems she found it under the bed. Since I was wearing my glasses, I decided to see the thing that fell me down while trying to reach out to my glasses before, then I figured out that it was my duvet. After feeling the texture of the material, it was confirmed. I glanced at the duvet who disappointed me because it wasn't able to save me from falling.

Geez duvet, I thought you were strong enough to hold me from falling.

Since the duvet removed from the bed, I fell down onto the ground. But I couldn't blame the duvet though, I wasn't seeing too well...so I also didn't know that I was holding a duvet instead of something much stronger, so yeah it's partly my fault.

My mum saved me that time, but now...who will help me?!

I sighed sadly after I remembered that day. What will I do now? I don't want to fall again!

I didn't want to fall again today like before, because i didn't want my face to get bruised or hurt due to the impact of my body to the ground...no way.

I sighed sadly feeling a little frustrated, I was lost. Then I decided to solve a problem, I had to find a solution. First, I had to seek Allah's help, I always sought His help in my times of need. Dear Lord, please guide me in finding my glasses....

Then, an idea popped into my mind. The power of touch. Most blind people used this method when walking or trying to identify things in their surroundings, I had to use that method to get my glasses.

Since last month, I had been training myself to identify things around me, my surroundings. How? I tried closing my eyes and touching everything in my room, the power of sensing things by touch. My brain was doing all the work, although I got lazy sometimes. Anytime I had no glasses on, I was able to picture the things in my room like I could see them clearly.

But it only works in my room...because I used the method in my room.

Alright...let's practice what we trained for, soldier.

I said to myself because I wanted to proceed with my plan.

With a deep breath, I closed my eyes slightly and i tried to visualize how my room looked like. Then I thought logically that my glasses could only fall two metres wide after hitting the ground. My understanding of mathematics and physics were used to calculate the exact position of where my glasses could be, I did it all in my head. I was able to think of estimate numbers that could help me in finding it. After obtaining results from my hypothesis, I decided to go ahead and take my glasses on the floor.

My glasses can't be too far from the bed, so I should just search near the bedside table.

I thought carefully, then I held the wooden carved bedframe with a firm hold and I reached my hand to the ground. My fingers started searching for any object nearby until.....I finally caught something, then I pulled my hand up to feel the texture.

My lips twitched into a smile instantly, I caught it! Wow, alhamdulilah.....

The whole training was worth it, I was able to use the power of touch....not bad huh?

I performed my ablution and offered my fajr prayer after a while. After the teslim, I made some Duas and I also read the Quran.

I did azhar to glorify God's names with my right hand. It is stated that we should always use the right hand in anything we do, especially when it's free from holding onto anything. This is because the shatan uses left hand, so it's advisable to use the right hand to represent good over evil. I am aware that people use beads to do azhar but I use my fingers instead. The three marks on the fingers are what I used to count my number of words recited. I used my hand because the prophet used his right hand to count his praises to Allah, so I rather do the same. The verse I kept in mind for the day was in surah kahf.

[Q18:46]
"Good deeds are best in the sight of thy Lord as rewards and best as foundation of hopes."

Then I prayed with my palms together, I was in need of Allah's blessings as I start a new week in school.

The One who created me, and He who guided me, gave me food and drink, cured me when ill. I hope that He would forgive me my faults on the Day of judgement. O my Lord, bestow me wisdom on me and join me among the righteous, grant me honourable mentions on the tongue of truth among the later generations and let me not be disgraced on the day of resurrection. [Q26:78-87]

I always say those prayers when trying to achieve a goal, and yes.....indeed I want to achieve a goal. I extracted those prayers from the Quran actually, surat Ash-Shuuraa. They are really helpful in earning God's blessings, you should try it.

Later, I got ready for school, it's a brand new week. Today, I was wearing a long coat and jumpsuit, I was adjusting my wrapped scarf on my head properly while looking at the mirror. Then my door is opened and my mum walks in.

"Oh mum, salaam alaikum..."

"Walaykum salaam dear."

"Aren't you ready yet?"

"Almost mum." I stated with my eyes still glued to the mirror, I didn't want to make any mistake while wrapping the scarf, "I will be done in a minute."

"Do you know what the time is?" She scoffed with a raised eyebrow.

My mum always have a time for everything, time to work, time to do house chores, time to sleep and time to do anything. She is the cautious minded type, an organized woman...unlike me, I am the opposite. But I can't do without her assistance to be honest, she helps me when I am stressed out or when I forget to do things...which is my habit, I love her so much. I think that's why father married her too, she is just so helpful in almost everything, so considerate of her. The memory of a past event dashes into my mind as I am reminded of the days when my family was complete. My mum was cooking in the kitchen, scrambled eggs with toast sandwich were for breakfast. That time, I was nine years old.

"Salaam alaikum mum!" I yelled while running from upstairs, then she caught a glimpse of me running down the stairs.

"Taliha! Why are you running down the stairs?" She gasped as I walked towards her, "do you want to fall down?". "Oh my goodness Selma, you worry too much." Someone interrupted her, then we turned to the direction of the person who said it, it was father who said it.

"Oh please Jamal, do not spoil our daughter....I am after her safety."

"Don't you think you are overreacting, I mean..." He stated while buttoning his hand sleeves, "...she looks alright, she is a kid." Then mother sighs while dropping the frying pan she was using into the washing zinc, "Whatever Jamal..."

Father chuckles softly and walks towards mother, then I shouted while facing mother, "Mother?!". They turned to face me, then she responds "Yes dear, what is it?"

"What are you making for breakfast? I am starving already..."

"Scrambled eggs and toast sandwich..."

"Alhamdulilah, thanks mum. I really miss that meal so much."

"Well I am glad to hear that, sit quickly so that I can serve you okay?"

Mum stated and i nodded. My mum walks pass father, then he grabs her hand before she could move further. "And where do you think you are going Selma?" He uttered and she burst into laughter, she tried to control herself and stops laughing gradually.

"Will you stop this now, Jamal?"

"I am busy as you can see."

She added, then she yanked her hand out of his grasp. He only chuckled softly as my mum walked to the counter area to give me food, then they glanced at each other secretly until father finally spoke up. "Selma?"

"Yes?" She replied while facing my father.

"Have you seen my green t-shirt this morning? I had put it in the washing machine yesterday and now it's missi---"

"Don't worry about that dear, it's in our wardrobe..."

"Wait, what?"

"Yes..." She stated with a nod, then she walks to the dinning table where I was seated. She places a plate of food in front of me on the table before saying, "I saw it last night while I was going to the backyard so I ironed it and kept it for you, I knew that you would need it someday."

He gasped with a broad smile. "Are you serious? You ironed it?"

"Yes dear." She replied with a beam before she chuckled softly, then he hugs her with a smile. "Thank youuuu so much Selma, what will I do without you..." They were busy being all romantic, I didn't even look at them...I was too busy eating my food haha.

So you see, mum is really helpful to us in the house and probably in everything.

"You have two minutes to come downstairs missy.." mum interrupted my thoughts while looking at her wrist watch, then she walks away heading for the door.

Two minutes?! I haven't checked my face properly in the mirror....

I groaned instantly until she left the room before shutting the door. Then I looked closely at the mirror to check for any acne on my face. I know that I am no longer a teenager, I am becoming an adult soon but my acnes don't care about that....they eventually pop out of my face regardless.

Later, a taxi arrives at my university. It parked behind three cars, jeeps precisely. They must be for the rich kids in our school, they always use them to show off in school mostly. Oh well.....I don't care about that. I slightly felt bad that I couldn't drive a car even though I had clocked eighteen already. But on the other hand, i think it's better I don't drive...at all. I am super terrible at driving, I even learned driving as a kid with a toy car but no...it turned out terrible.

I walked out of the taxi with my bag, then I placed my floral handbag unto my shoulder before adjusting my glasses while facing mum in the taxi. "Alright dear, I will see you later then....take care of yourself okay?" Before I could say a word, the taxi drove away, so I watched it until it was finally out of sight. "Okay..." I muttered softly like she could hear my reply, it was already too late. I finally walked into the hallway as always, then I saw the students of the school. Most of them were just looking at me and I was really uncomfortable with it, so I tried to walk faster. I got to my locker, then I opened it and dropped my bag inside. I didn't want to take it to class so I had to keep it there. I don't really have much things in my locker actually, most of them are books....I am not really a keeper of things.

What will I take to class today?

I thought silently. I had no idea of which class we are having first so I was slightly confused on what book to take to class. Eventually, I just brought out a few books and a science textbook about robots. It's a book I started reading yesterday and I am totally enjoying it, sadly no one had passion in it just like I did. Well, it's a normal thing anyway. Even if there was someone who liked it, i still won't socialize with the person. I let out a deep sigh, then I started walking over to the right so that I could get to class for the first lecture.

After the second lecture, I was walking pass some rooms of our department building. The books in my hand were starting to get heavy for a while, I was just struggling to hold them until I get to the locker room. Then my phone started vibrating loudly, it's on silent mode because I had muted it in the lecture hall. The phone was in my pocket but I felt it was stressful to pull out because of the heavy books in my hands, so I groaned softly before I used one hand to hold them. I got the phone out and saw Halimah's name on the screen. I gasped instantly.

Halimah? Wow, we haven't spoken for a while now since we resumed.

"Hello? Salaam alaikum..."

"Walaykum salaam!"

Halimah responded loudly, then I used my hand to block my right ear since the phone speaker was super loud. Does she want to destroy my eardrums?

"Hey Halimah..." I said with my phone speaker near my lips, then I continued softly, "Why are you being so noisy? Do you want to destroy my eardrums?"

She chuckles softly. "I am sorry Taliha...I am just so excited."

"Oh really..."

"Yes, remember that holiday project I told you about while we were on holidays..."

"Sure, of course."

"Well, I just discovered that....I was among the top students with an A!"

"What? Wow..."

"Yes wow..."

"That's great Halimah.."

"Of courseee, now I have some points to add to my grades. I really want to win hard this semester girl."

To me, it's like a regular term just like the first semester.

"That bad?"

I said with a raised eyebrow. Seems like she really has a goal she was trying to achieve. I also like competitions but I don't really like doing all the struggles though, I am totally a lazy type.

"Yes....my degree is on the line."

"And where are you now?"

"Back at the campus, no classes until twelve noon."

Huh? What did she just say?

"Cam-pus?"

"Yes, I stay in one of the hostels in the campus."

"Oh really, but I thought your house isn't that far from here."

"It's a bit far Taliha and besides, I rather be in school than at home all day alone."

Well, it's my perfect life Halimah.

"Don't you like being at home than rather be with people?"

"Eww, no way. I rather socialize and stay with friends as along as I am not exposed to any thing that is against the laws of Islam."

"Alright...cool." I nodded instantly, as long as she is happy with it...then there is nothing to worry about.

"So tell me, how has school been ever since you resumed?"

"Well it w---"

That's when I got interrupted by a big blow. My phone lands onto the ground and the books in my hands also hit the floor.

What happened? I mean what was that?

I thought holding a confused look, then I held my shoulder with a slight grimace. I was hit by something hard, now my shoulder hurts. The first name that popped into my head was Halimah but, she isn't in the building right now. So who did it?

I looked forward to see the person who did it, then I froze after a while. I saw a tall figure in front of me, he was obviously a man because of his physique. But I wasn't seeing him clearly, so I thought.

Why can't I see him clearly even when he is right in front of me?

I mean why can't I see him clearly, this situation only happens when I have no glasses on. Wait a minute...

I decided to touch my face for a while until I noticed that there was nothing on it. I gasped. My glasses?! Whe--re are they?

It was obvious that it had fallen unto the ground after the hit, so I groaned softly. Not again! With a sad sigh, I started stretching my hand out into the air like a blind person, I didn't know what to do. Suddenly, a hand touches me while saying, "Here...." I paused instantly, the word he said was exactly what my mum always said whenever my glasses were missing, so I froze. I almost mistook him for my mum but he is a male, that would totally be awkward. So I looked up while facing the guy even though he was all blurry, then he puts the glasses into my hand. With that, I wore the glasses immediately. The feeling of having my glasses back totally made me smile a little. But I wanted to see the guy who gave it to me, so I adjusted the glasses. When his face became clearer, I gaped almost panicking.

Subhanallah! He is....he is a man!

In shock, I took some steps away from him. To be honest, he was super charming at first sight and I almost got lost in his eyes. I am not good with emotions so I didn't let that feeling get to me. I just stared at him with a blank look, then he chuckled softly. "Hi...salaam alaikum."

Huh? Why is he greeting me with a salam?

I thought feeling totally absent minded, then I realized that I was actually a muslimah. Oh geez, I forgot that I was a Muslim...that means he is a Muslim too.

"Wa-laykum Salam." I replied after staring at him for a while. "I am really sorry for bumping into you by the way...." He apologized, but I just stared at him with my lips sealed.

"Your books, aren't you taking them?" He stated after crouching down to pick some of my books from the ground, so I nodded nervously, "Oh Ye-s, I am."

I crouched slightly to join him in picking them up, then our bodies got close. His face was above mine and I was aware that if I looked upwards, our faces might get closer. So we tried to lower our gazes at each other....especially me, I didn't want to break the rule about meeting an opposite gender[Q24:30&31].

I had to stand up in a haste, "S-orry...."

He scoffs while looking at me from below. "What? Are you scared? It was an accident, alright?" I didn't say anything, I was just feeling a little shaky at that point, so he arranges the books together after standing up. "Here you go..."

"Thanks..."

"Wait..." He uttered after I collected the books from him, "Robotics?"

That's when I realized he had seen my large book I was reading. Does he have interest in science stuffs?!

I decided to watch him for a while until he continued with a raised eyebrow. "You love science? Cool..."

I was super shocked. Cool?....wow!

My lips instantly twitched into a smile after hearing his statement. At least someone loves science like I do. So I had to show him my friendly side, "Uh-huh."

"Huh that's totally cool, at least that explains why you are a nerd..."

Then I laughed softly. "You could blame my habit of trying to know everything, I am a lover of knowledge." He bursted into laughter instantly and I was already smiling as well. One thing I noticed was that my self-shell didn't cause any trouble for me, I was just talking to him like I was comfortable with him, someone I just met! It is weird, super weird.

Hey wait a minute, where is my phone?!

The thought of my missing phone popped into my head, so I started looking around for my phone until I saw it two metres away from us. I gasped instantly before running to pick the phone. "Geez dude, look at what you did." I stated while walking back to him, "My phone screen almost got broken, couldn't you watch where you were going?"

"And you? Did you watch where you were going?"

He stated with a raised eyebrow and I was mute. He is right though, I was so busy with Halimah...

"Whatever girl, see you later..."

He said with a slight smile and walked away before I could speak, so I stretched my hand out to him with my mouth slightly open. As he got far from me, I watched him quietly while putting my hand down with my lips totally sealed, then he was out of sight.

What was that all about?....

The surprising part of the whole event was that I didn't feel really awkward around him, so weird....isn't it?

-------------------------------

Alhamdulilah for another chapter completed successfully ❤️
How was it? Hope you enjoyed it guys.
Well more chapters are coming up soon.🔥
Taliha finally meet Arif, it's like two worlds clashing into one.
Taliha was also nervous around him and she was reminded of her mum when he gave her the glasses.
Also Arif wasn't so bad, their first meeting was cool.
Surprisingly, she didn't freak out due to her fear of people....although she froze at first.
To find out more, do check out more updates here 💡

Special thanks to you guys who supported me and read my story from the very start.
I would appreciate if you continue to support me
Remember to vote, comment what you think about this book
Share and promote this book as well.

Hope to hear from you guys soooon!
~
❤️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.9K 393 33
Maheen and Hasan met when they were kids- young, naïve, and hopeful about the world. Just when their story begins, they're separated by tragedy and p...
189K 14.1K 58
●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent readers, please vote. It encourages me...
109K 6K 43
✨ #1 in halallovestory on 10/30/2020 - 11/17/2020 ✨ "Were you ever, going to tell me about it? How can we be the same after all that's happened?" H...
28.2K 3.4K 48
Not Edited "She was completely whole and yet never fully complete" Aabirah Fuad is a beautiful young lady, who has recently finished her high schoo...