Shielding The Innocent - Nikl...

De ForeverKeke07

Kelsey Claire is forced to return to the place she was born, because her sister is missing. Her only friend... Mais

Author's Note
Season 1 Cast
Chapter 1: Mystic Falls
Chapter 2: New Orleans
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Season 2 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Season 3 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Season 4 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Season 5 Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 17

593 16 0
De ForeverKeke07

   Night had fallen when I made it to the cemetery's gates. Which, only amplifies the creepy factor. Thankfully I had wore a jacket before leaving the Compound, because the temperature dropped with the sun. 

   I search down multiple paths looking for anyone. The cemetery seems to be deserted, but I know they're in here somewhere. Finally I see Rebekah in a mausoleum alone.

   "Rebekah!" I exclaim running up to here.

   "What in the bloody hell are you doing here?" She inquires with wide eyes as I quickly hug her.

   "Nik is searching for you." She nods in confirmation.

   "I know. I left him with Elijah."

   "He has a white oak stake." I tell her.

   "Yeah. He was sure to flaunt it at me." Rebekah sighs.

   "We have to get you out of here." I panic.

   "I know. I know." She tries to stay calm. "But, we are trapped until the spell lifts. You should go home, where it's safe."

   "Absolutely not." I deny. "I'm not leaving you. Besides, us girls have to stick together, right?"

"Of course." She lightly smiles.

_____________________

   Groaning I open my eyes and arch my back. I must have fallen asleep sometime last night, while we were hiding in the mausoleum. I was slumped over against the wall, sitting on a bench. Rebekah stands in the door way with her phone to her ear.

  "Do whatever it takes. Just stay alive." I hear Marcel say on the other end. "I promise you, I'll get you out of there." 

   "I've never seen him like this before." Rebekah responds. "He's out of his mind with rage, up all night howling one obscenity-laced tirade after the next. He's gonna kill me."

   "All right. Stay as far away from him as you can."

   "That's a brilliant strategy, but given that that dead bitch Celeste has trapped us in here till moonrise, my options are somewhat limited." She says walking deeper into the mausoleum closer to me. She had told me last night that she had found Celeste's dead body. Elijah made a deal with Monique. So, when Celeste went to body jump again, she was basically resurrected back into her own body. Then, Elijah killed her.

   "I'm not leaving you in there." Marcel says. "Davina will find a loophole, get you out early." My eyebrows shoot up and I gasp.

   "Davina's alive." I mutter at Rebekah and she smiles with a slight nod.

   "Then we can all go together." Marcel replies making my smile drop. "If Klaus comes after us, we will take him on one hell of a ride."

   "I lived for centuries looking over my shoulder, ready to run at a moment's notice. Am I to go back to that?" Rebekah questions.

  "Worry about that later. Right now, just buy me some time." And then Marcel hangs up.

   "So, you guys are leaving?" I mutter.

   "Nik will never let us live if we stay." She sighs.

   "I know." I nod understanding. "And you're taking Davina?"

   "Marcel won't leave her behind." Rebekah says.

   "How long has she been back? And how?" I question very confused.

   "We came here last night to get her body. Once Elijah killed Celeste the magic resurrected Davina." She explains. "You should leave and go see her."

   "I already told you, I'm not leaving you." I refuse. "As much as I would love to see her, I can't abandon you when Niklaus is trying to kill you. I will see her when WE get out of here. And then I will tell her good-bye." I sigh.

   "You're going to let her leave?"

   "If that's what she wants." I shrug. "Besides, lets face it, it'll be safer for her to get out of New Orleans. But, you guys better stay in touch."

   "Of course." Rebekah smiles.

   "He's not really angry." I tell her changing the subject to Nik.

   "Could have fooled me." She scoffs.

   "He's using anger to mask his real emotion." I shrug.

   "Which is?" She asks.

   "He's hurt." I say looking at her. "And when he's hurt he lashes out. It's quite exhausting." I chuckle lightly. "Can you hear them? I can't make out what they're saying."

   Rebekah nods. "He is threatening Elijah and they're talking about our father."

   "God I hate that man." I groan.

   "You've never met him." She points out.

   "Thank the lord for that." I exclaim. "He's awful. Worse then Davina's mother and she was a trip."

   "He was always harder on Nik." Rebekah says.

   "Yeah, I've noticed." I roll my eyes at the dead man. "All because he wasn't biologically his son. It's really ridiculous. And hunting you guys down just to kill you, I can't imagine what could be wrong in his brain to make him think that's okay."

   "I've got to go out there." She says. "It's not Elijah's fight."

   "Well then." I tell her standing. "We go together."

   We walk out of the mausoleum. Following their voices, we slowly get closer.

   "Niklaus, I understand your anger, but, I implore you, be better than him. Do what he could not." Elijah says. "Demonstrate the grace of mercy rather than this petty cruelty."

   "You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" Nik replies, making me roll my eyes.

   "Enough." Rebekah demands as we approach them. They both turn their attention on us as I cross my arms, resting them on my swollen belly.

   "Kelsey. You shouldn't be here." Nik grits and Elijah nods in agreement. "Go home."

   "Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours." Rebekah continues, ignoring them because she knows I'm not going anywhere. "You want revenge? Fine, but before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this." 

   "Go on, then." Niklaus says. "Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so."

   "You'll have to go through me too." I speak up. "You have a huge superiority complex. Who the hell gave you the authority to decide what punishment fits what crime? You're their BROTHER, not their father. That dick is dead." I spit out as Nik glares at me. "You need to get off your high horse and stop acting like you've never screwed up."

   "It's okay, Kelsey." Rebekah assures me placing her hand on my shoulder. I know all she is doing is trying to stall him, but I also know I'm right.

   Niklaus takes his place on top of a mausoleum in front of us making me roll my eyes. The white oak stake is still clutched in his hand as he wears a smirk. Rebekah moves to stand beside Elijah and I stay on her other side.

   "Let it begin..." Niklaus says clearly enjoying this. "The trial of Rebekah Mikaelson."

   "What a relief. His ego is in check." Rebekah snarks sarcastically, while I simply scoff at his antics.

   "Just speak your truth." Elijah replies. "I'll make certain he behaves himself." Elijah takes a seat on a concrete ledge.

   "How do you plead?" Niklaus asks.

   "I plead you shut up and listen." Rebekah says making me chuckle a bit.

   "You summoned our father." Nik yells getting angry. "You brought him to our home. What possible defense could you have?"

   "I knew he was the only thing you feared, and I wanted you to run." Rebekah retaliates.

   "Because you hated me."

   "Because you were hateful." She corrects him. "You denied me the freedom to love."

   "Oh, so that's your defense?" He asks rhetorically. "You called Mikael... the destroyer, the hunter of vampires... because I detained you from pursuing some dull suitors."

   "You were cruel and controlling and manipulative."

   "I was trying to protect you from imbeciles and leeches, not to mention your own poor judgment." He stresses like it was obvious.

   "And what about the one that you loved enough to call friend?" She points out. "Why did you forbid me to love Marcel?"

   "Do not mention his name!" He yells standing up.

   "What has happened to you?" Rebekah inquires. "I remember the sweet boy who made me laugh and gave me gifts, who loved art and music. I wanted to be just like you. How could you have fallen so far?"

   "You say you despise Rebekah for her betrayal, and yet no one has stood by your side for so long, not even I myself." Elijah comments now standing next to Rebekah. "Perhaps it's you that's forgotten. I remember the day that father caught you whittling little chess pieces with his hunting knife. He beat you so mercilessly and for so long, I actually feared for your life. Rebekah pulled a sword on him to make him stop."

   "So you would paint her as a loyal sister, but she betrayed me out of lust for Marcel." Niklaus replies. "Perhaps that was why you did it... for love. Perhaps I might temper my rage if Rebekah will admit she was a victim of her own idiocy, that her great love Marcel used her to oust this family and to take my city."

   "Marcel did not manipulate me." Rebekah shakes her head. 

   "You defend him, and yet you can't help but wonder, what if I'm right?"

   "We loved each other." She defends herself. "It was your refusal to respect that that led to your ruin."

   "Then why didn't he chase after you when you fled New Orleans?" Niklaus questions. "Oh, yes. That's right. He was here stealing what I built."

   "You want me to renounce Marcel, to beg for your forgiveness?" Rebekah bits. "I won't. Marcel is not at fault. I called Mikael."

   "Rebekah, you must..." Elijah tries to warn her but she interrupts him.

   "I was the one who brought him to New Orleans because of your wickedness." Says Rebekah in frustration with tears in her eyes that she refuses to let fall. "I wanted love and happiness, and you denied me the freedom to have either. Yes. I hated and I was afraid of our father, but he was a lesser evil than you, my bastard brother who loomed over me, threatening me as you are now. I wanted rid of you, and given the choice, I'd do it again."

   Niklaus jumps down and vamp speeds at Rebekah. He grabs her shoulder and pushes her again a mausoleum, raising the stake in the process. Elijah quickly tackles Nik before he can harm Rebekah. They both get up and Elijah has the white oak stake now in his hand. I approach Rebekah looking her over.

   "Are you alright?"

   "Yeah." She nods as we both turn to face the boys.

   "Sister, leave us." Elijah says looking at Nik. "Take Kelsey with you."

   "I won't go." She denies and I cross my arms.

   "I said, leave us, please." He repeats. Rebekah backs up a couple of steps while grabbing my elbow and pulling me with her. I give in and follow after her.

   We head back to the mausoleum we were hiding in this morning. Rebekah and I stay close to the entrance. She takes the time to call Marcel.

   "Hey." She sighs. "How's Davina?"

  "She had it rough on the other side. She doesn't know if she can trust me or anyone." Marcel revival making my stomach twist in worry. "I don't think she can help."

   "What a fool I am. I actually thought Davina would come to the rescue." She replies slightly defeated.

  "I'll get someone else." Marcel says determined. "This whole town is full of witches."

   "All of whom despise you."

  "I'll figure this out. Meantime, just don't piss Klaus off anymore than he already is." Marcel advises making my huff.

   "It's a little late for that." Rebekah admits as we walk deeper into the mausoleum, which is illuminated by candles. I walk a few feet away to try to give them some privacy, even though my supernatural hearing makes it to where I can still hear every word clearly. "I may have provoked him further, but then, I didn't much care for his accusations that you seduced me into bringing Mikael."

   "Wait a minute." Marcel comments. "I would never do that. We almost got away. If we just kept going, we could be anywhere in the world by now."

   "Klaus might've found us and killed us, but he'll do that, anyway." Rebekah sighs. "Would've been nice to have a little happiness first."

  "He's not going to kill you." Marcel replies. "You're his sister."

   "And you're like a son to him, and, believe me, he means to kill you." She retorts causing me to bite my lip. Surely he wouldn't actually kill Marcel. If he considers Marcel to be a son and he actually means him harm, then how would he react if our daughter defies him in some way? "You know, I've never much thought about dying, one of the perks of being immortal, I guess." Rebekah continues unaware of my doubt. "What an odd thing it is to be here one minute and gone the next... rather terrifying."

  "Rebekah..." Marcel goes to comfort her, but she cuts him off.

   "You need to run, Marcel. When the moon reaches its apex, Klaus will be free, and he will do to you what he's going to do to me, only worse." Rebekah warns him. "Go now and don't look back." And then she hangs up before he can say anything.

   "He would never leave you." I tell her as I walk closer. "In the small amount of time I've gotten to know Marcel, I can tell you he would never leave and allow you to take the full brunt of Niklaus."

   "How do you know?" She asks.

   "Besides the fact he's in love with you." I deadpan. "He's honest and noble. He takes responsibility for his actions."

   "Well, he should run."

   "Nik is not going to kill you or Marcel." I tell her honestly.

   "You have a lot of faith in my manic brother." She scoffs.

   "Surprisingly, I do." I nod agreeing with her. "Besides, if he touches either of you I'm leaving with Davina and Hayley, if she'll come."

   "You'd do that?" She asks shocked. "Even though he will hunt you down?"

   "Absolutely." I confirm. "If he kills you, his sister and Marcel, who he claims to care for like a son, then how can I be sure he won't do the same to our daughter?" I question rhetorically as she nods in understanding. "I'm putting a lot of faith in him because I believe her knowing her father is important. However, her safety will always come first."

   "You're going to be a good mum." Rebekah smiles at me.

   "I hope so." I smile back rubbing my belly.

____________________________

   Rebekah and I decide not to leave Elijah at Nik's wrath for too long. So, we exit the mausoleum once again and head back to where the last were. The closer we get the more we can hear them arguing. The white oak is discarded on the ground. Rebekah picks it up and grips it tight.

"Now you know how it feels." We hear Niklaus say as Elijah groans in pain. Rebekah and I go around the corner just as Tunde's blade sinks into Elijah's chest and he falls to the ground.

   "That was suppose to be my line." Rebekah snips alerting Nik to our presence. She holds the stake up so he can see. "Now I have this. So I decide who lives and who dies." Elijah lays on the ground gasping in agony, but unable to move. "I'm taking out that blade." Rebekah tells Nik as she inches closer with the stake raised in defense.

   "You'll have to kill me first, and now you hold the means to do so. Why not finish what you started a century ago?" Nik replies holding your hands out. "Kelsey here can help and then she will be free of me too."

   "That's not what we want." I tell him.

   "I did not want you dead." Rebekah counters. "I wanted you to run."

   "Liar!" He yells. "You wanted revenge."

   "You drove me to betray you, and now you want to twist it and make it worse so you can justify killing me instead of accepting your own fault." Rebekah accuses him. "All I did was love your friend. You could've been happy for us, but instead in you paranoia, you feared losing us both, and, because of that, you did. There is no one else to blame, Nik, only you."

   "Where is Marcel now, hmm?" He taunts her. "I thought he loved you, and yet he left you trapped in here with me."

   "Because, we choose to believe that you're not cruel enough to kill your own sister." I speak up. "Because despite what you want everyone to believe you to be, the people close to you see the good in you."

   "That's naïve." He bites back looking at me.

   "I don't think so." I shrug. "You stand by Always and Forever. You live by it. All of you."

   "She broke that when she summoned our father." He seethes as Rebekah stays quiet watching us go back and forth.

   "She just wanted to be happy." I scoff. "I've told you that you can't dictate how your siblings live. They can only take so much. So, she retaliated. You do the same thing."

  "I've never used father against them." He denies.

  "No." I snap. "Instead you dagger them, like that's any better. If you are capable of killing your sister and Marcel, then what about her." I say pointing at my belly. "What if she does something to go against you? Because she probably will. Are you going to kill her too?"

   "Of course not!" He exclaims. "She's my daughter!"

   "Well, Marcel is like your son!" I yell back.

   "This doesn't concern you so, stay out of it." Nik demands.

   "The hell it doesn't." I snarl. "You're trying to take another Aunt away from my daughter and I'll be damned if it sit on my hands while you do so." However, he ignores me and turns his attention back to Rebekah.

   "You against me." He smirks. "It's hardly a fair fight, is it? I mean, perhaps, if Marcel were here, you'd stand a chance, but I expect he's already found another girl, no doubt younger and prettier."

   "You take joy in other people's pain, and then you wonder why I hate you." Rebekah says still holding the stake. Nik walks towards her.

   "Yes, and that hatred led you to do what you did." He snarls. "Admit the truth. Admit you wanted me dead."

   "I wanted you to run... that is all..." She defenses herself again. "Despite your delusions."

   "Elijah lies suffering and I will allow you to help him." He grits his teeth. "All you have to do is admit it."

   "You're insane."

   "Yes! Yes!" Nik exclaims. "I am a vicious, heartless monster, and so you summoned Mikael to kill me. Admit it."

   "It's not true." She repeats.

   "You know what you did." He yells assertively. "Admit it."

   "I didn't."

   "You wanted me dead! Admit it."

   "Maybe I did." She says quietly.

   Niklaus backs up flabbergasted by her admission that he badgered out of her. Hurt and deep betrayal written all over his face. He then vamped the stake out of her hand while she was distracted by guilt.

   "NIK!" I yell as he turns the stake on her and stabs her. Fear crosses her face as he drops her to the ground. I stand there for second, frozen. "Wh-what did you do?"

   "Nothing." He mutters not looking at me. As I watch Rebekah's limp body, I realize he's right, technically.

   Her skin was not changing to gray. Veins didn't run deep all over her body. Rebekah wasn't dead. She was just unconscious. Niklaus didn't kill his sister.

   "You didn't kill her." I state in shock. However, he doesn't reply.

___________________

   Night had finally fallen. Niklaus and I sit side by side on a concrete block a few feet from Elijah's body. We haven't talked since he staked Rebekah. He was to in his head and frankly so was I. Nik had removed the white oak stake from Rebekah. We were just waiting on her to wake up.

   "What changed your mind?" I ask him finally.

   "You were right." He shrugs. "She's my sister and I would regret it. I, also, don't want to be the reason my daughter's Aunt is dead."

   "See." I smirk bumping his shoulder with mine. "I knew we were right to see good in you. I'm, also, right about not needing to protect our daughter from you."

   "Thank you." He smiles. "For trusting me."

   "Yeah. Well, you should know by now I'm always right." I chuckle as he scoffs. "I'm joking. I'm joking." I put my hands up in surrender. "You're welcome though." He smiles at me and I return it.

   Rebekah walks around the corner heading towards us. I jump up and run to her, throwing my arms around her shoulders. She chuckles and wraps hers around my waist. I let go and smile at her.

   "I'm so glad you're okay." I tell her and she smiles. She then locks her eyes on Nik over my shoulder. I back away and head back to where I was sitting next to Niklaus. Rebekah continues to walk forward and he doesn't look up at her.

   "You missed my heart." She says when she stops in front of him. He has his elbows on his knees with his hands interlocked.

   "Perhaps I did..." He says still not looking at her. "Or perhaps I never meant to kill you. Perhaps I just wanted you to feel a fraction the fear I felt when father came for me."

   "Do you yourself know the truth?" She asks.

   "I know this." He looks up at her. "You accuse me of being evil, and yet you are the one who conspired to kill your own blood."

   "You made our lives a living hell." Rebekah stresses. "You tormented us."

   "I love my family..." He seethes with tears clouding his eyes. "You, Elijah. I love all of you." He gets up and walks closer to her. "I know I can by difficult, but I did not make myself this way. It was Mikael who ruined me."

   "He ruined me, too. That's what you forget." She exclaims. "Centuries later... each of us broken... you with your anger and paranoia, me with my fear of abandonment... and poor Elijah... he dedicates himself to everyone but himself. We are the strongest creatures in the world, and yet we are damaged beyond repair. We live without hope, but we will never die. We are the definition of 'cursed'... Always and Forever." Tears fall from both their eyes.

   Niklaus walks away. He approaches Elijah and shoves his hand into his chest. Elijah lets out a groan and gasps in pain, as Nik pulls Tunde's blade out if his chest. Elijah breathes heavily to catch his breath.

     "Now we are even." Nik tells him as he continues to lay there, staring at the sky.

   While the effects of the blade wears off and Elijah regains his composure. Niklaus walk back towards Rebekah. She stands with her back to him.

   "We're still trapped in here." Rebekah states. "Whatever you're going to do to me, do it now."

   "You said our father ruined us..." Niklaus begins as he walks up to the her and stands next to her. "and I can't help but wonder, what if his father ruined him?"

   The gate at the entrance creaks open as the wind blows down the deserted street.

   "The barriers down." Nik says.

   "I know you hate me, but what's done is done." Rebekah replies.

   "What's done is never done." Niklaus breaths out. "It remains within us, a story we tell ourselves so we know who we are... vicious father, a bastard son, and the sister who betrayed him. Perhaps it's time for a new story." He walks to the gate. "What is it you want, Rebekah?" He asks looking at her. I stand continuing to watch them in the silence.

   "Same things that I've wanted since I was a child. I want a home. I want a family." She answers him. "I want someone to love me, and I want to live."

   "Then, go." Nik tells her. "Go far away and never come back. We are far too damaged to remain together, less a family now than a volatile mix of ingredients." I swallow hard as he speaks. I don't want Rebekah to leave. But, maybe this way she'll be happy and get everything she wants and deserves. "New Orleans will be mine. I will raise my child here." He says glancing at me, before turning back to her. "In the city you took from me. No doubt, Elijah will choose to stay, but you, sister, you are free."

   Rebekah walks pass him before pausing and turning around.

   "I'll come see you before I leave." She tells me.

   "Okay." I smile through tears and she nods with a slight smile. Rebekah then turns and continue to leave the cemetery.

______________________

   Nik and I walked back to the Compound in silence. There wasn't anything that really needed to be said. He had decided against killing his sister, I just hope the same goes for Marcel. I know that fighting him on letting her stay may be too much. Everyone knows you pick your battles. He still feels the sting of what he sees as her betrayal and seeing her everyday is likely to fuel any leftover rage.

   We walk through the entrance of the Compound to be greeted with multiple vampires walking around. When they see Nik they all stop what they're doing and stand or turn their attention directly on him.

   "Is there a reason why you lot are loitering in my home?" He asks the crowd.

   "I asked them to be here." Marcel says from behind us. Nik and I share a look. His being slight surprise that Marcel had the guts to show is face and mine being concern for Marcel's life. The both of us turn around and face Marcel as he walks to the middle on the court yard where we stand. "You and I need to settle this out in the open." 

   "I thought you would've run off by now." Nik says.

   "Yeah. Well this is my town." Marcel remarks. "You may want me to beg forgiveness, but I'm not sorry. I may not be able to beat you, but I came here to face you, to end this in front of my people. If you're gonna kill me for that, get on with it."

   I discreetly reach down and grab Nik's wrist to let him know that it didn't have to go that way. That he could just let it go. He looks down at my hand on his skin and then glances at me. Niklaus slightly nods and walks out of the courtyard and to the stairs leaving me, Marcel, and the vampires. Suddenly Elijah vamp speeds in and grabs Marcel, throwing him into a concrete column.

   "Elijah!" I snap at him folding my arms as Marcel picks himself off the ground.

   "Good evening." Elijah says ignoring me. He straightens his suit as he continues. "I trust I need no introduction. After all, this was once my family home. Tonight I'm taking it back. Your privileges here have been revoked." He says while facing Marcel and pointing at him. "Marcellus, out of respect for my sister, I will grant you this one mercy. I will allow you to keep your life. However, you're hereby exiled. If I so much as find a trace of you in the French Quarter, it will not end well for you. Do you understand? That is all. Run along." Marcel turns to leave.

   "Marcel!" I exclaim stopping him. "Wait." I walk up to him glaring at Elijah, warning him to say something. When I'm in front of him I sigh and continue knowing Elijah can hear me. "Mikaelson's are the most dramatic people I've ever met."

   "Tell me about it." He glances at Elijah over my shoulder.

   "This will blow over." I assure him. "But can you do me a favor?"

   "Of course." He nods. "Anything."

   "Tell Davina I'll find a way to see her as soon as I can. Or if she needs me I'm here." I whisper in his ear so the two brothers don't hear me.

   "I will." He nods squeezing my shoulder.

   "Thank you." I smile and he finally turns to leave. 

   "What was that?" Elijah questions.

   "If it were your business I would have said it louder." I snap at him.

   "Nicely done, brother." Niklaus says from where he is leaning against the balcony. "You're beginning to sound like me. I'm impressed." With that he pushes himself off the railing and retires to his room.

  I go up to my room to see Rebekah sitting on my bed. I smile at her and sit next to her.

   "So, this is goodbye?" I ask her.

   "No." She denies. "It's see you later. I have a niece to meet."

   "That you do." I grin patting my growing belly.

   "If you ever need me, I'm just a call away." She smiles at me.

   "Same goes for you, Bex." I nod at her.

   "Bex?" She questions.

   "After all we have been through, you've become my family. 'Rebekah' seems very formal." I laugh.

   "Kol is the only one that calls me 'Bex'." She smiles sadly.

   "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to over step." I face palm, knowing Kol must be a sore subject since he died. She laughs lightly.

   "No, no." She shakes her head, the corners of her mouth still turned up. "You can absolutely call me 'Bex'." I return her smile and nod. "I've noticed another nickname you use." She points out raising her eyebrows teasingly making my cheeks burn red.

   "Yeah, well, that was his idea." I laugh. "I think he got tired of hearing 'Niklaus'." I joke with her.

   "Are you sure that's all?" She questions insinuating something.

   "Hmm, I'm not sure what you're getting at." I say, sarcasm pouring through my words.

   "Sure." She laughs. "Well, I better be off." She replies and we both stand and embrace each other. I let go and look at her.

   "Find happiness. You deserve it." She nods.

   "Listen." She adds before she goes. "About Nik , he is a monster. Do not ever cross him, but he does want more from life than to be feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in the baby that you carry, and speaking of your child, our family has no shortage of enemies. She will inherit all of them. Please be careful."

   "Try to come back and visit." I tell her. "I can keep a secret."

   "Well, if I can't, you make sure to tell that little girl stories of her crazy Auntie Bex and let her know, despite my absence, I do love her very much." Rebekah says.

   "I will." I nod. "But, I won't have to. Family is important and I'll make sure you know her." Bex smiles at me and then she turns and leaves.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

905K 25.6K 54
A KING CAN RULE ONLY WITH A QUEEN BY HIS SIDE: Family is power. The Original Vampire family swore it to each other a thousand years ago. They pledged...
54.4K 1.3K 95
Rewritten version of Danielle's story. Book Order: Starry Darkness [1] Smitten Storm [2] Shimmering Daylight [3] **** Having left Mystic Falls for...
11.1K 346 25
In which it wasnt Hayley who got pregnant, but rather her best friend Niklaus Mikealson x oc The originals x oc
11K 316 13
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline is a human, and doesn't know anything about Supernaturals, yet. That wil...