Beauty Divine (Sequel)

By JaXender

[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the p... More

Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?
Chapter (2): Secret Meeting
Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Chapter (4): The Reunion
Chapter (5): The Family Dinner
Chapter (6): A Heart Confession
Chapter (7): Dark Shades
Chapter (8): Under Arrest
Chapter (9): Glimpses Of Wistful Memories
Chapter (10): The Return of G.M
Chapter (11): Crucial Decision
Chapter (12): Suit & Tie
Chapter (13): The New Assistant
Chapter (14): Remember Us
Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette
Chapter (16): Endure The Ethereal
Chapter (17): Car Trouble
Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix
Chapter (19): Glimpses from The Past
Chapter (20): Stained
Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink
Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet
Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight
Chapter (24): Failed Temptation
Chapter (25): Burning Up
Chapter (26): The Visitor
Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty
Chapter (28): Shimmering Sphere
Chapter (29): Sudden News
Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words
Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever
Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht
Chapter (34): Harsh Truth
Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence
Chapter (36): The Lake House
Chapter (37): Le divin
Chapter (38): Purging The Past
Chapter (39): Lethal Glares
Chapter (40): Moonless Night
Chapter (41): Trauma
Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy
Chapter (43): Battle of Exes
Chapter (44): Anonymous Messenger
Chapter (45): Investigation:
Chapter (46): Home
Chapter (47): Breaking The News
Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades
Chapter (49): A Friendly Date
Chapter (50): Infernal Deed
Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame
Chapter (52): Disgraceful
Chapter (53): Meeting in The Duskiness
Chapter (54): Cold Night, Warm Heart
Chapter (55): The Bartender Counseling
Chapter (56): Heavy Tears
Chapter (57): Throbbing Sobs, Hurtful Moans
Chapter (58): Late Apology
Chapter (59): Gathering The Leftovers
Chapter (60) Intoxicated
Chapter (61): Out Loud
Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest
Chapter (63): Warm Droplets
Chapter (64): The Now & Then
Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells
Chapter (66): Jolly Melody

Chapter (33): The Invitation

820 55 13
By JaXender

Madeline walked to her office, smiling as her memories went back to the time when Wren proposed to her using coffee cream and spent with her three wonderful, amorous days filled with pleasure and blissfulness.

She sat at her desk, completely forgetting that Antony was sitting beside her as she was staring at her ring with a bright smile.

"Ahem!" He cleared his throat and she chuckled nervously.

"Sorry." She moved her chair closer to Antony who looked at her confused. She extended her hand and he raised an eyebrow at her before looking down at her hand, squinting his eyes and then they grew wide.

"Is that...?" She nodded with a grin. "Oh Mon Dieu!" He covered his mouth for a sec then threw his arms around her, squeezing her as she laughed at him. "That's great! No, that's awesome! That's stunning! ... that's amazing! That's marvelous! That's fantastic! That's... I ran out of words now." She laughed with him. "When and how?"

"Three days ago, she proposed to me... how: by this ring and coffee cream. I think she was thinking about proposing to me the whole time while I was thinking about bringing up the subject in the first place. Sneaky Clermont move."

"Told you not to worry about that. Now tell me more. I want details."

"Well, remember when she was on her business trip?" He nodded. "It turned out she wasn't on one and she was planning for the proposal." She smiled and he smiled squeezing her hand. "She made it simple with coffee like how we met... the first thing she asked me to do was coffee and the first thing she did in the proposal was asking me to marry her by coffee and then..." She looked at her ring. "Then she gave me her mother's ring which is so precious to her and her father. That's a huge sacrifice from her, Tony."

"She had a good reason to give it to you, gorgeous." He touched the tip of her nose then looked down at the ring. "It's beautiful though, looks exquisite on your hand... a great touch from Miss Clermont herself. Is that why you weren't here yesterday and the day before?"

"Yes, that's because right after the proposal, she took me on her yacht and we spent our time there as a private celebration then she brought our friends as a surprise which was to me since Eva and Paul came too." She chuckled. "I really had a great time!"

"Great time or a steamy time on the yacht?" He nudged her elbow, shooting her a wink and she laughed softly at him. She took off her ring showing him the inscription. "My Anchor, My Beauty Divine... hmm, that's poetic and thoughtful of her" He smiled returning back the ring. "Why Anchor and Beauty Divine?"

"She said the anchor because I'm her anchor in hard times, like her safe place and I have an anchor tattoo on the back of my shoulder... Beauty Divine," She smiled more. "is because she always compliments me and sweet talk me, but also when I worked for her... I created the name to the advertisers in the meeting to launch an Ad about a perfume."

"Oh yes, I remember that Ad. That was Monique's Vernon on the screen."

"Yeah."

"Well, congrats, gorgeous and I wish both of you all the happiness in the world. Am I invited to the wedding?" She laughed and nodded her head.

"Of course! You're one of my best friends."

They heard a knock on the door so they turned their heads to the door's direction, seeing a young man with a bouquet of flowers, Madeline's favorites.

"Excuse me... are you..." He looked at the card. "Are you Madeline Anderson?"

"She is." said Antony.

"This is for you."

He handed her the bouquet and she gladly took it from him. Antony looked at her as she was reading the card grinning from ear to ear and her eyes were sparkling from the joyfulness.

"It's Wren." she said.

"Yeah, no way, who else would it be?" He joked and she pushed him lightly. "I don't want to sound like a bad friend but why a cascade bouquet and not a normal bouquet, like roses or daises?"

"Because they're my favorites."

He arched an eyebrow. "Aren't they for weddings, events and stuff?"

"Well, I happen to be different from the other girls who like roses and lilies."

"Fair point." He chuckled.

...................................................

Wren walked out of the elevator smiling while looking at the text Madeline just sent to her. She accidently stopped between Emily's and Georgina's desks while replying back and Emily was smiling on seeing her friend happy and alive, full of energy and positivity. Georgina was acting normal but couldn't help and smell Wren's arousal cologne that she always wears.

She looked at Wren while biting on her pencil, resisting the temptation in front of her, but then the scent started to fade away when Wren walked to her office and shut the door behind her.

Wren took off her jacket and did the same routine like every day and her door knocked lightly grabbing her attention. Eleanor opened the door with a wide smile as her eyes caught Wren's smiley face.

"So, should I say congratulations?"

Wren chuckled standing up from her chair, walked over to Eleanor, wrapped her arms around her tightly as Eleanor rubbed her back gently.

"Congratulations!" said Eleanor chuckling softly while pulling away to grab Wren's face between her palms and meet her eyes. "Aw. Look at you. I'm so, so, so happy for you, dear." She kissed her cheek.

"Thanks, Eleanor. Really. I'm grateful for everything you've done and still do to make me happy."

Eleanor smiled warmly at her stroking her cheek, in a mother would do to her daughter. "Tell you what... Henry will be here at lunch time so why don't you and Madeline join us? We just want to celebrate the great news with you."

"Sure, that would be great." She smiled. "I'll give her a call."

"Okay"

Eleanor walked outside the office and Wren grabbed her phone from her pocket, scrolled down the names till she found Madeline's and pressed call.

On the second ring she picked up.

"Hey," said Madeline. "I was just about to call you"

"Well, I was faster." She heard her chuckle on the phone.

"I called Rose today... I told her about our engagement."

"You what?" She smiled.

"Yeah, she's so happy, Wren. She screamed in my ear like a teenager after being asked to prom by her crush."

"I thought that was supposed to be Eva's job."

Madeline chuckled softly. "It turns out to be Rose's as well. Thanks for the flowers, babe. I really love them."

"No problem... We're invited to have lunch with my dad and Eleanor, what do you think? Will you be busy at lunch time?"

"No, I would be free."

"Okay, good. Do you want me to come and pick you up or you'll take your car?"

"You could come and pick me up. I didn't take my car today, I got too lazy."

Wren chuckled. "Okay then. I'll be there at 3:00. Love you."

"Love you too."

....................................................

At 3:00, Wren and Madeline walked together hand in hand inside the restaurant and spotted Henry and Eleanor sitting at the table by the window.

"Do you have a reservation?" asked the host.

"Yes." said Wren.

"Name of reservation?"

"Clermont."

He looked in his book and nodded. "This way." He ushered them to Henry's table then left.

Henry and Eleanor stood up from their places and welcomed them. Eleanor gave them both a hug while Henry gave his daughter a hug congratulating her and then turned to Madeline with a huge smile.

"Madeline..." He held her hand after they shook. "I'm so glad that you are becoming one of us. It's a pleasure to call you my daughter in law and I see the ring suited your hand perfectly like Wren said it would."

She smiled shyly at him and felt Wren's hand lay on the small of her back, rubbing her thumb up and down gently.

"Welcome to the family." said Henry opening his arms for Madeline and she hugged him, smiling widely while Eleanor placed a hand on Wren's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

A few minutes later, they all sat and ordered their food that came after a while. Wren was holding Madeline's hand from under the table, feeling her nervous so she keeps rubbing her hand gently and smiling at her reassuringly every time they lock eyes.

"So, Madeline," said Henry grabbing her attention. "how does it feel to be with my daughter? I hope she isn't giving you a hard time with her stubbornness. She can be very stubborn and annoying." He joked.

She chuckled lightly with Eleanor and Wren smiled. "No, she's good. She's very gentle. Wren is the most-kind hearted woman I've ever met in my life. Mr. Clermont. You raised an amazing woman."

He smiled warmly at both of them. "That's kind of you to say, dear. In fact, ..." He looked down at the table for a second then turned his eyes on them again. "My late wife, Wren's mother... is the one who raised her well while I was busy with my work. She raised her to be kind and nice to the others that's why she has kind heart. I wasted my whole life focusing on my enterprise instead of being with my wife and my only child." He turned to Wren. "You have your mother's heart, Wren. You have a lot in common."

Eleanor smiled sadly rubbing her husband's arm in comfort. Wren looked down as her father's words touched her heart on mentioning her mother and how they were alike. She felt Madeline's hand squeeze hers and then she met her eyes and smiled.

"I know what I'm going to say is way too early, but Wren... Madeline" He grabbed both their attentions. "When someday you have kids... please spend every day with them. Create memories with your children that can't be forgettable. Don't make the same mistake I did, Wren."

She nodded at him with a smile. "Of course." she said.

"I assure you, Mr. Clermont that when Wren and I have babies someday we will give them our attention and all the love in the world."

He grinned at her. "I'm sure of it, and please stop calling me Mr. Clermont and call me Henry. We're family now."

......................................................

At home after their unfinished exhausting day, they were together relaxing in the warm water in the bathtub, holding a glass of red wine savoring its sweet and juicy taste. Wren was leaning her back against the bathtub rim using one hand to hold Madeline and Madeline was leaning against Wren's chest, sipping her wine with her hair tied into a messy bun.

"I'm glad my dad and Eleanor love you, especially my dad... he, uh, he became softer and I really missed seeing that part in him. It's been a long time." said Wren.

"Me too. I'm happy that whatever broken bond between you two got fixed and mended again."

"Yeah." She took a sip.

"I've been wondering about something, but I'm kind of afraid to ask."

"Ask away."

"It's about your father and Eleanor... I know that your father still loves your mother, but I was wondering how he moved on in his life and found someone else to fill up the hole that was left inside him. I mean... if I were him... I don't think I could move on. Losing someone you love isn't easy."

"Well, you're right. I know how it feels."

She looked over her shoulder at Wren, hoping her words didn't hurt her. "Oh shit, Wren, I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"It's okay." She cut her off smiling. "Actually we both moved on in our lives. My father with Eleanor and I'm with you. Sure we talk about my mom but that's because we don't want to forget about her, she was a really great artistic person... just like you. Now that you mentioned Eleanor... I have to say I thought Eleanor wouldn't accept the fact that we think about my mom every once in a while, but I was wrong, she respects my mom even though she doesn't know her, but also my dad respects Eleanor when she mentions her ex-husband, Dave's father... Levi Herman. Eleanor treats me like I'm her daughter and I see her as my new mother even though I don't call her 'mom', but she knows that I see her as a motherly figure in my eyes." Wren kissed her head.

"You deserve all the good things, Wren." said Madeline putting her empty glass of wine aside with Wren's.

"Would you like to move in with me?" said Wren out of the blue and caught Madeline off guard with her question. "It's just you always spend your time here with me and you have your clothes here too and we're engaged, so I was thinking if you would like to move in with me."

Madeline looked over her shoulder then a smile crept on her lips with her nodding. "Yes."

"If you think we're rushing things then I completely understand. You can have your clothes here and move in with me whenever you're ready. I just don't want to push you to do it."

She grinned. "No, it's okay. I would like to move in with you. This way we'll be together, but I'll leave some of my clothes in my apartment till I figure out what I'm going to do with it."

"Okay. That's great news." She smirked.

Wren's hand reached up to Madeline's face, turning it slightly so that she could meet her lips and she did. Kissing her softly, she held her cheek gently with one hand and ran her thumb across it as she tasted the lingering drops of wine.

Madeline smiled against her lips then slowly turned around with her body, facing Wren, and brought their faces closer now that they have better access. Wren's tongue pushed past Madeline's while her hands roamed over Madeline's body underneath the water, exploring every inch and every sculpted curve of her goddess. Just when things were about to get steamy, Madeline's phone started ringing and buzzing on the nightstand in the room.

At first Madeline couldn't hear it because her moans were blocking the sound away, but then she heard its buzzing sound. She tried to pull away from Wren, but Wren was engulfing her in her arms tightly.

"Wren," said Madeline softly breaking their kiss, but her lips were still mere inches apart from Wren's. "my phone is ringing."

"Ignore it." She cupped her face and went down, giving her neck a chance to be showered by bites and kisses.

"What if it's Eva?"

"I'm pretty sure she's busy with Paul like I'm busy with you right now." she replied huskily against her neck.

"Wren," She called her name again with a chuckle and pulled away. "I have to answer."

"No you don't."

She went back up, joining their lips, preventing her from talking again. The phone stopped ringing for a while then it rang again, grabbing Madeline's attention.

"Okay that's it." Madeline stood up quickly before Wren could reach her again and got out of the bathtub. She grabbed the towel from the counter, wrapped it around herself then stepped out of the bathroom leaving Wren sigh heavily and cover her face from the disappointment.

She heard Madeline talk on the phone about 'This weekend' and 'Engagement', and after a short while she came back with the phone in her hand.

"It was my mom and apparently Rose told the whole family about our engagement, and we're invited to spend this weekend at my family's lake house."

"This weekend?"

"Mm-hmm. Same lake house."

"Okay"

"By the way I think my mom knows why I picked up the phone late. She was teasing me about it, so I blame you." She joked.

"Okay, blame me, but can we please continue our make-out session? We were about to get somewhere else." She wiggled her eyebrows at her and Madeline giggled softly.

"Actually," She went to the side of the tub, leaning closer to Wren's lips that were eagerly wanted to feel and taste her lips. "I was hoping to do something other than make-out in the bathtub." she said seductively.

"Oh yeah?" said Wren staring at her soft lips.

"Mm-hmm."

"I like the sound of that."

"Well..." She took another step closer, near Wren's lips. Her soft breaths caressed Wren's lips and sent shivers down her spine. Madeline's lips made a soft contact with Wren's for a brief second then pulled away whispering. "I'm going to sleep." She pulled away smirking at Wren who gave her a confused look on her face.

"What?! Wait! You always do this to me! That's not fair!"

She exited the bathroom laughing while Wren huffed and splashed the water in frustration.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427K 19.4K 49
I went to the gathering wearing the dress my parents gave me and made myself more presentable in the hopes of having another chance to change Kai's m...
40.1K 1.4K 31
"What do you want from me?" I whimper at her, curling as far into the corner away from her as I can. This woman is sick and no matter what I yell at...
6.8K 369 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
369K 9.6K 31
"I've never been with a woman before." I admit shyly, looking away as my face grew hot with embarrassment. I wasn't lying. I never was with a woman...