Beauty Divine (Sequel)

By JaXender

[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the p... More

Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?
Chapter (2): Secret Meeting
Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Chapter (4): The Reunion
Chapter (5): The Family Dinner
Chapter (6): A Heart Confession
Chapter (7): Dark Shades
Chapter (8): Under Arrest
Chapter (9): Glimpses Of Wistful Memories
Chapter (10): The Return of G.M
Chapter (11): Crucial Decision
Chapter (12): Suit & Tie
Chapter (13): The New Assistant
Chapter (14): Remember Us
Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette
Chapter (16): Endure The Ethereal
Chapter (17): Car Trouble
Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix
Chapter (19): Glimpses from The Past
Chapter (20): Stained
Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink
Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet
Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight
Chapter (24): Failed Temptation
Chapter (25): Burning Up
Chapter (26): The Visitor
Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty
Chapter (28): Shimmering Sphere
Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words
Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever
Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht
Chapter (33): The Invitation
Chapter (34): Harsh Truth
Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence
Chapter (36): The Lake House
Chapter (37): Le divin
Chapter (38): Purging The Past
Chapter (39): Lethal Glares
Chapter (40): Moonless Night
Chapter (41): Trauma
Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy
Chapter (43): Battle of Exes
Chapter (44): Anonymous Messenger
Chapter (45): Investigation:
Chapter (46): Home
Chapter (47): Breaking The News
Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades
Chapter (49): A Friendly Date
Chapter (50): Infernal Deed
Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame
Chapter (52): Disgraceful
Chapter (53): Meeting in The Duskiness
Chapter (54): Cold Night, Warm Heart
Chapter (55): The Bartender Counseling
Chapter (56): Heavy Tears
Chapter (57): Throbbing Sobs, Hurtful Moans
Chapter (58): Late Apology
Chapter (59): Gathering The Leftovers
Chapter (60) Intoxicated
Chapter (61): Out Loud
Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest
Chapter (63): Warm Droplets
Chapter (64): The Now & Then
Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells
Chapter (66): Jolly Melody

Chapter (29): Sudden News

795 52 4
By JaXender

Wren went home after her dinner with her father and Eleanor and she half planned her proposal to Madeline but she wasn't really sure of the plan yet because it was corny to her and wanted to do something that will be memorable for Madeline. She inserted the key to her house and entered, found Madeline asleep on the couch with the TV on.

She took the chance and went to the attic to hide the ring box somewhere where Madeline couldn't find and then returned back to Madeline. She kneeled down, caressed her hair away from her face and smiled when she saw the small smile drawn across Madeline's sleepy face. Madeline mumbled something in her sleep, leading Wren to chuckle softly at her. She was dreaming, that's what Wren thought was happening.

Wren grabbed the remote, turned off the TV then gently carried Madeline in her arms, bridal style, pulling her off the couch as she went with her to the bedroom.

She laid her gently on the bed and pulled the blanket over her then took off her clothes, wore her sweatpants and joined her. Wrapping her arms around her protectively, Madeline's body automatically reacted by scooting closer to her find warmth.

The next morning Madeline woke up slowly, blinking her eyes and rubbing them as she sat up on the bed and she found the spot beside her empty and figured that Wren carried her to bed last night. She hasn't seen Wren since yesterday morning and she was already missing her and regrets falling asleep on the couch last night while waiting for her. Madeline looked at the pillow beside her and found a note from Wren.

Had to go to work early. Sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you.

P.S I Love you XOXO

She smiled with a sigh then put it aside as she got out of the bed to start her day.

As for Wren she walked to her office saying her good mornings as usual with a bright smile and Emily noticed her good mood when she arrived. Georgina also noticed the illuminating smile on Wren's face before she got inside her office and when she turned her eyes to Emily, Emily was still staring at Wren's door with knitted brows.

Georgina's phone rang startling her a little in her place and she answered. Wren asked for a cup of black coffee and she stood up, heading to the elevator while Emily walked to Wren's office, feeling intrigued and curious about the smug face in the early morning.

"Come in." said Wren as Emily entered with a huge smile across her face.

"Hey, boss. How you doing?"

"Uh, fine." She opened her laptop, taking a seat. "Since when you ask about how I'm doing?"

"Since you came this morning with a huge smile all over your face. What's behind it, huh? I wanna know."

"Nosy much, Em. It's still early for those kind of questions, don't you think?"

"Did you get laid last night? Is that why you are so hyped up?" She winked and Wren chuckled shaking her head.

"No, Em. That's not why I'm so smiley."

"Then what is it?"

Wren sighed, feeling that Emily won't shut her mouth till she gets what she wants. "You remind me of Eva sometimes." She muttered under her breath and Emily didn't hear her. "Anyway, uh, look, why don't you wait till it's 2:00 and then the three of us will go to the café down the street and have a cup of coffee as friends? Just you, me and Monique and I'll tell you why I'm happy, deal?"

"Yeah, okay, sure. I also have good news that I want to share with you too and Monique."

"Then it's settled. Now get back to your desk so that you could finish."

Once Emily got out, Wren chuckled at herself at how she handled Emily... for now.

.................................................

At 2:00 O'clock sharp, Wren was so submerged in her work that she didn't notice the time and then all of a sudden the door burst open and Emily entered startling Wren, nearly giving her a heart attack.

"Jesus Christ, woman!" She closed her eyes regaining her breath slowly. "Emily what the hell is wrong with you? Haven't you learned how to knock?"

"Sorry." She gave her an apologetic smile and Wren sighed taking off her glasses. "It's 2:00."

"Huh?" She was clueless right now.

"You said when it's 2O'clock we will go to the café down the street with Monique."

"Oh, yeah, right."

She closed her laptop, took her phone in her pocket and wore her jacket as Emily was waiting for her by the elevator. Wren walked to Georgina's desk with a small smile that she returned.

"Call me if something came up." She walked over to Emily as the elevator escalated. Emily turned around and locked her eyes on Georgina's, smiling devilishly in victory and Georgina scowled at her, feeling angry.

Once they arrived the café, Monique spotted them and waved at them to come over. They took a seat at the table and Monique lowered her coffee cup, looking at Wren before she gave the waiter her request.

"Emily called and said that you have something to tell us."

"Can I go first?" asked Emily and Wren motioned with her hand to go first, giving her the permission to speak. "Well, Wren..." She cleared her throat. "Without further ado..." Monique chuckled at her being all respectable and cut to the chase. "Dave moved in with me last night."

Wren's eyes went wide while Monique smiled at her. "Congrats!" they said happily.

"Finally that guy will stay with his girl." said Wren. Emily and Monique chuckled. "He's treating you right, isn't he?"

"Yes. He's behaving and if he misbehaved I know how to teach him a lesson." she said dreamingly while Monique almost choked on her coffee while Wren laughed.

"So, Wren. What is it that you wanna say? And I hope it doesn't involve 'teaching someone a lesson'." asked Monique, giving a glare to Emily who smiled cheekily at her.

Wren smiled back and forth between them, then took a deep breath before speaking. "You know the feeling when someone shows up in your life and you feel that you're ready for something big that will change your life completely and turn it upside down but in a good way." They nodded. "Well, I found someone who gave me that feeling an-"

"God! I swear if you're talking about Georgina, I'll slap you right here right now, Wren!" said Monique and Wren's face turned confused.

"What? N-"

"Yeah, Wren I can't believe you'll leave Madeline! I mean what the hell is wrong with you?" Emily snapped at her, making Wren raise her eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm gonna go up to that bitch and kill her! I knew she was bad news!" said Monique getting up, angrily.

"Guys!" said Wren grabbing their attention. "I'm not talking about Georgina! I'm talking about Madeline!"

"Ohhhh" they both said feeling embarrassed and Monique sat back down after looking around at the people who looked at their table weirdly.

"Why did you assume that I was talking about Georgina? How did you ever think that I'd leave someone like Madeline for Georgina? You two are insane!" She crossed her arms giving them glares.

"We're sorry, Wren. We really are. We just thought when you said that someone showed up in your life, you meant Georgina because she really did show up out of nowhere and hopped back into our lives."

"Sorry." said Emily, rubbing her arm nervously.

She sighed heavily undoing her cross and looked back at them with ease face this time. "I was gonna say something that you two will help me with because I really need both of your helps and by that I'm goi-"

Emily cut her off and Wren slammed her head on the table, groaning. "Speaking of Madeline how come you two aren't together? I mean like living together because me and Dave did it while we were together for like what... a month and a half now or maybe two."

"Yeah, she's right about that. Whenever we call her or visit we always find her in your house, so why not ask her to move in with you?" said Monique and Wren raised her head from the table running a hand through her hair that grabbed Monique's attention. "Also you need a haircut. Your hair is showing right behind your ear and from the back of your neck. The strands are growing and you already look like a freaking werewolf."

Wren sighed and rolled her eyes. "Madeline loves it that long. And it's not that long. It's still short but messier." she said with a dry look at them. "Can we just go back to our topic?" They nodded and she looked at them quietly making sure no one will open their mouth. She was about to talk but Emily opened to say something then closed it when Wren gave her a stern look, so she zipped her mouth and leaned against her chair, like a little kid, pouting.

"Since you mentioned her moving in with me, I'm gonna do that in a formal way, so I'm gonna need your help."

Monique shared with Emily a confused look then they both turned to Wren. "What do you mean formal?" said Emily.

Wren took a deep breath and smiled. "I'm gonna propose to her."

"WHAT?!" they said in one loud voice, grabbing the people's attention in the café again, and she covered her face from the embarrassment.

"You heard me." She mumbled softly.

"Oh my god!" She heard them squealing and then she felt arms were wrapped around her tightly and she finally gave up and laughed with them.

"Okay, okay, alright, enough! Get back to your seats so that I could talk."

They went back to their seats grinning from ear to ear and leaned closer to Wren giving her the puppy eyes look while she was adjusting her hair and clothes.

"Why didn't you say so in the beginning?" said Emily and Wren raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well, if you gave me a chance without assuming something wrong then I would have told you without any trouble. Anyway, listen you two I'm gonna need your help to plan something for her and I still have no clue. I want something unique and not too cheesy. It's okay if it was but we should add creativity to whatever we're doing. So, are you willing to help me?"

They nodded vigorously at her. "Do you have the ring?" asked Monique.

"Yes and it was my mother's but I'm adding an inscription on it and will design my own ring so that me and Madeline could match, but right now that's not a problem. I just need a good proposal plan."

"Okay how about you take her to a fancy restaurant or maybe when she wakes up she will be wearing the ring or when she wakes up she'll find the ring in front of her?" suggested Emily and Wren shook her head.

"Uh-uh, too cliché for me. It's nice but that's not what I'm looking for."

The waiter came back with Wren's coffee putting it in front of her as Monique and Emily kept suggesting a lot of things which didn't like Wren. She sighed in frustration and looked at her coffee cup cream and an idea popped her mind.

"I guess I found it."

"What?"

"I need to do something first."

She pulled out her phone and dialed Elise.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Elise, it's me Wren"

"Oh salut amie. How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks for asking. Listen I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I need your help with something."

................................................

Madeline was in her apartment waiting for Wren as she called her, informing her that she will swing by her house to tell her something urgent and Madeline was worried because Wren's voice sounded serious on the phone. Her doorbell rang and she opened the door for Wren with a smile across her face.

Wren got inside and enveloped Madeline in a warm tight hug, earning a giggle from Madeline at the unexpected affection. Madeline rubbed her back when Wren prolonged the hug.

"Wren, is everything okay with you?" She chuckled.

Wren pulled away kissing her temple, holding Madeline in her arms and gazed at her eyes lovingly. "I'm fine." She pecked her lips softly.

"Wren... I need to talk to you about something." said Madeline a little bit hesitant.

"Yeah, me too." She made a cringe face, not knowing how to inform her the news. Madeline noticed the seriousness in her voice and got worried.

"You okay? You got me a little worried on the phone."

"Yeah, everything is fine. It's just, uh..." She sighed. "I'm leaving for a few days because I'll be having a few meetings there at the hotel, so..."

"You're leaving?" Her face fell a little in disappointment.

"Yeah. I'm sorry but it just came up today and I already packed my bag and the jet is waiting for me, but I wanted to see you before I leave."

"Oh. Okay." she said softly, looking down.

"Hey," She grabbed her chin, forcing her to look up and meet her eyes. "It's just three days. Three. And I'll be in your arms in no time." She smiled at her earning from Madeline a smile as well. "But I have good news."

"What is it?"

"Well, it's kind of funny actually. I find it funny. Dave moved in with Emily." Madeline chuckled at the idea of Dave taking the first step in a relationship. "It's funny, right?" She nodded, caressing her cheek. "I can't believe that dummy already moved in with Em. We're just like the same, from womanizers to decent human beings with lovely girlfriends. I think I'll will end up laughing at him if he proposed to her too."

Madeline's face fell a little when Wren word's showed her idea of marriage then she faked a smile when Wren pulled her in for a hug again squeezing her warmly.

"I'm gonna miss you." said Madeline.

"Me too." She broke the hug and cupped her face, giving her a passionate kiss, taking Madeline's breath away with her before she pulled away gently and gave her a kiss on the tip of her nose. She looked at her watch and turned her eyes on Madeline. "I've to go. I'll call you when I arrive, okay?"

"Mm-hmm." She nodded with a smile.

"You wanted to say something to me. What was it?"

"Oh, uh, never mind. We can talk about it when you come back from your trip. It's nothing really."

"Okay," She pecked her lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

She turned around and walked to the door followed by Madeline as they said goodbye to each other for the last time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844K 31.7K 30
Sage Carlos is the new intern at the company of her dreams. She thrives to earn a place in the company to keep being a happy international bean in Lo...
291K 8.4K 73
This feels so wrong, I can't help but think as I'm perched on the edge of her desk, my legs spread wide as my knuckles turn white from gripping the e...
20.6K 488 25
"Alexandre, why are you making go through this? When you clearly know what you asked of that day was and still is impossible for me to do" "Who said...
1M 28.6K 32
Her ass hit the front of her desk and there was nowhere else for her to go. I didn't give it a second thought before plastering my lips onto her own...