Aria Salvatore x Klaus Mikael...

By pastmidnight_

Imagine believing your brothers died over a century ago? Believing your whole family was dead? Being turned i... More

Coming Home
Three Salvatores
Founders Day
Because I Am
He Will Come For You
Elijah
Diet
Tomb
Leave
Klaus
Decade
The Sacrafise
Bite
Road Trip?
Ray Sutton
Paralyzed
Remember
1920s
Letter
Lies
Fooled
Game
Always
Getting Lost
Protect You
Safe
Happy Funeral
Hello Again Elijah
Painted
Family Business
Because I Love You
Sacrificial Lamb
I Needed To Say It
Trespassing Into Hell
Arrested
Your Small
White Oak
Kieran Ripper
Denver Blues
Charmer
Mothers
Until We Meet Again
The 1950s
Bite
Did you miss me?
Make It Stop
Forgiveness
Here We Go
Punch
Change Of Plans
Rich
Memorial
Shots
College
Snap
Lost Marbles
It Stopped
Pageant
Bubbling Secrets
Wrong Crowd
Drive
Photo
Figure
Buried Hatchet
Frozen
What We Are
HeadStone
Numbed Minds
Doomed
Tunnels
Caught
Into The Woods
CampFire
New Bodies
Do It All Over Again
One Tear
Speed Walked
Back When
Turned Tables
Sleepover
Him
If You Make It Out Alive
Hide and Seek
1864
Highway To Hell
Humanity
Happy Birthday
Bleeding Out

What I Used To Be

8.5K 162 39
By pastmidnight_

Arias POV.

"Look at me" she said sternly to Nik it looked as if it was the hardest thing that he's ever had to do but he looked at her right in the eyes a tear running down his face.

"Do you know why I am here?" she asked.

"Your here to kill me" Nik whispered and my eyes widened oh no she can march her prissy behind out of here if she dares!

"I am here to forgive you" she said her eyes flickering to me every once in awhile as I was standing beside him.

She then turned to them all as they tried to keep their cool this was actually kind of amusing seeing them fearful for the first time ever.

"I want us to be a family again" she stated. Wait. What?

So your son killed you a thousand years ago, you turned your children into vampires and you want everyone to be a family again okay mhm.

She turned to me and smiled. Can I abort the premises.

"Hello Aria" she said and I slightly smiled how does she know me?

"Do not be alarmed" she said and I rose an eyebrow.

"Nice to meet you" I said holding out my hand I had to be polite right? Right!?

She shook it and then walked out of the room literally just walked out, okay I see where Nik gets his dramaticne from, Finn like a dog followed her immediately.

I placed a hand on Nik's back to give him some kind of comfort.

"Well the five of us back together again isn't this a treat" Kol said smirking sipping his blood from a glass.

"Well what have we missed" Bekah said crossing her arms glaring at Nik.

"Oh stop with the incisive staring" Nik snapped at her.

We sat down on the couches and Nik filled them in on the Mikael 411. Kol wouldn't stop grinning at me.

He's always been such a little flirt and it drives Nik crazy. Nik and Elijah went to speak to their mother leaving me with these two that I was once attached to they wouldn't feel the time gap it feels like yesterday I and Kol would have been dancing for him.

Rebekah would think we were just drinking and dancing last night. That's the big issue with the dagger they don't feel the time gap.

"So what trouble have you been up to?" Kol asked sitting next to me handing me a glass of blood.

"Well" I said handing the glass back to him and he cocked an eyebrow as I innocently smiled at him.

"No" he gasped and Rebekah chuckled.

"Ah your finally telling people" she said sarcastically and my eyes widened.

"You knew?!" I asked and she nodded.

"Well you are my best friend who dodges blood at every cost. So Stefan put the guilt trip on you" she said drinking her glass and I nodded.

"No no your not going to be a Mary Sue!" Kol said annoyed.

"I am one" I said and he groaned sitting down.

"I've been gone so long look what they've done to you" he said sitting down.

"It's just a different blood type" I said and he sighed sitting back and I grinned at him as we spoke for what felt like hours, Elijah and Nik eventually came back.

"I'm going to go to check on Caroline " I said standing up from Nik's lap,
he hesitantly nodded probably wanting me far away from his mother right now.

"Caroline?" Rebekah asked unhappy and Nik chuckled.

"You guys need to talk and eh stuff about the um" I said sarcastically pointing towards where their mother went. I practically ran outside.

Kol and Elijah were smirking at me and Bekah didn't seem to happy about Caroline being my friend don't tell me she's jealous.

I ran out down to my truck and drove. Woah I needed air. Before I get in the truck I was yanked around and lips hit mine. I knew who it was.

"Nik" I said smiling and he laughed pushing me towards and against the truck.

"Don't be long" he murmured between kisses as I smiled into the kiss.

"I won't." I said with a grin as he cupped my face kissing me before letting me go.

I steered the truck out of the driveway and down the road.

Everyone's back now, here I am driving the other direction. I just need to give them some time with one another to forgive Nik also.

I turned on the radio texting Caroline letting her know I was on my way over. I dropped my phone as a screeching pain went through my head.

I breathed heavily the cell bars rattling and laughter filling my ears. My mouth was dry from no blood as I latched onto my head.

"Help me" I cried my skinny knees trying to stand in the cell that had stone walls.

"You'll burn for this!" I cried as loud music played haunting terrorising music thumping in my ears.

"Alexander boy keep doing this she'll completely lose her mind" Mikael said chuckling darkly as they watched me struggle in the chains.

"I like using her as an experiment" Alexander replied happily his dark eyes watching me.

I could barely keep my eyes open as the noise got louder. I tried focusing on what used to be before this massacre. My brothers and parents are dead and I'm all alone.

Sweat was running down my face as I could hear myself screaming from somewhere was any of this real? I don't know what to believe after all the experiments they've done to me.

"Let's try this on for size" Alexander shouted in my ear jabbing a needle in my neck.

I shot up from the car seat seeing I was sitting alone in the car in an empty road.

I don't want to remember this, these memories keep coming back to me now that Mikael is dead.

I remember mainly everything of what happened when I lost Nik. I don't want to remember please make it stop.

Mikael handed me over to Alexander who was a psychotic witch who locked me in a cell practising magic on me and starving me for three years that went on.

All I remember so far is I was crazy in that place the stone walls and the magic used on me changed me and turned me bonkers.

I started the car again I have to get to Caroline's before Nik realises I'm not there yet and thinks something's off.

I can't tell anyone of what happened with Mikael and Alexander. They turned me bat shit crazy.

I drove along the road quickly breathing in and out. My head was scorching I needed to move and fast.

That's when I saw a figure in the road just standing there. The car swerved to the side without my control.

I didn't have my seatbelt on, I toppled and crashed in the car as it rolled over the glass shattered and I shut my eyes as the glass cut my skin.

It stopped laying on its side I tried to move slowly when it toppled down onto its top.

I groaned as I was now upside down and struggling to move that's when I heard footsteps outside on the gravel.

I held my breath when I saw feet they were black leather shoes only a man could wear.

The feet stood there all I could see right now I couldn't move feeling powerless and he waltzed around to the other side of the car.

"Hello?" I called groggily that's when the car was pulled upwards back on the right side up. I gathered myself then hobbled out of the car searching the road.

No one. It was absolute silence.

What just happened? I quickly hopped back inside the truck which was now properly destroyed.

I made my way fast as lightning to Caroline's I needed to get inside I think someone is following me.

I pulled up her driveway and she appeared by the door with a worried look seeing my hair completely flustered and the truck was in no shape.

"Oh my god what happened?! You texted like half an hour ago and when you didn't show I.." She questioned opening the door helping me from the car.

"I was driving and someone appeared in the road and I swerved and crashed I was upside down and whoever it was put me back in the right place and disappeared" I said.

"Was it a vampire?" She asked quietly putting an arm around me as we walked up to her door. Caroline's mother Liz still has no idea we're vampires she's best friends with Damon. How she hasn't figured it out shocks me.

"I don't think so they had a heartbeat, but they had the strength and speed of a vampire" I said and shut up when I saw a perky Liz strutting out of the kitchen.

"Aria!" Liz beamed happily.

I smiled seeing her as she was just cooking, she smells of pastries.

"Caroline told me you went on a road trip with Stefan for the summer. We've missed you around here" she said happily.

"Yeah we only got home the other day" I said.

"Your staying over yes?" She asked.

"Yes" Caroline and I said in sync quickly and she chuckled. She then smiled as we quickly ran upstairs and practically barricaded the door.

"Do you think the person is following you?" She asked as we sat on her bed.

"Maybe. Like that's not crazy enough all of the Mikaelsons are back now" I said and she looked confused.

"Who?" She asked chuckling and I rolled my eyes nudging her.

"The Originals" I said sarcastically and she gaped.

"Ohhh and all of them?" She asked.

"Even their mother, so be careful around town okay" I said and she nodded.

We spoke for hours just laying there in glad I have Caroline she's at least some what normal.

I checked my phone as Caroline has now fallen asleep.

Thank you for running out on me and leaving me with these lot. Glad to have you back darling ;) -Kol

I'll be back tomorrow Kolabear -A

Hey how's things there? -Stefan

Hey I think it's okay, I'm okay because I ran out to Caroline's. -A

Of course you did will I see you in school tomorrow? -Stefan

I don't know look I'll see you soon Stef -A

You going to hate me forever? -Stefan

No your just not cool right now Stef -A

Hey come on I'm nice to you so what if I don't care about anyone else? -Stefan

Not the point Stef -A

Mmm but you love me. -Stefan

No. I don't your an ass Stefanie -A

I love you to ;) goodnight sister see you in school tomorrow. -Stefan

I scoffed laying down on the bed I thought I was done with my phone till it buzzed Nik was calling.

Nik I can't talk right now. Can't wake up the house -A

I hate sleeping in this bed without you. Will you come home to me -Nik

No Nik you'll just have to live without my wonderful self for the night -A

I don't like you not being here under my protection-Nik

I don't like your hybrids stalking me outside. You think I can't see them ? -A

Mm. Goodnight Aria I'm thinking of you -Nik

I hope your siblings aren't being to hard on you, I love you. -A

I love you -Nik

Oh and you know the way you love me...I'm going to school tomorrow okay ba bye! -A

What?! No your bloody not! -Nik

Goodnighttt Nik -A

Aria! -Nik

I chuckled placing my phone on the counter and snuggling down under the sheets.

--------------

I woke up to a bright light called hell on my face it was morning. I yawned stretching out my arms pushing off the duvet my eyes barely open.

Caroline shuffled behind me muttering in her sleep something about cats.

I turned over chuckling and slowly opened my eyes meeting hers as she awoke our faces froze.

That's when we saw it.

We both screamed at the top of our lungs sitting up grabbing our hair falling out of the bed. I think the whole town of Mystic Falls could hear us!

Our hair has been died two very different colours.

My long black hair was now a distasteful brown with blue and pink ends how on earth is my hair longer?! Caroline's long beautiful blonde hair was now black and cut up to her shoulders.

We were still screaming grabbing one another's hair shocked looking in the mirror. Tell me this is a nightmare please tell me this is a nightmare.

The door swung open revealing Liz with her gun scanning the room then seeing us panicking holding our heads.

Care was still screaming I was muttering words and breathing heavily. What the hell happened who did this?!

"Oh my god what did you do?!" Liz asked us.

"We didn't do this mom!" Caroline cried. I looked over to the open window.

"The window!" I said pointing at it running over.

"Oh my god!" Caroline screamed angrily her hair was so much shorter.

"Someone broke in. I'm calling it in" Liz said running out after searching the room for evidence.

Caroline was freaking the hell out and I tried to calm her.

"It's not that bad, it's trendy" I said warily hoping she'd stop crying. Her hair meant a lot to her.

"How did someone break in and do this without waking us?!" She whispered staring at the mirror.

"Oh my god. Maybe it was the person from the road but that means it's definitely not a vampire they would have had to be invited in" I murmured shocked.

"I'm going to find them and kill them I don't care what species they are" she shouted kicking her desk.

"We have to stay calm" I said breathing heavily looking at my hair thank god they didn't cut it. Oh no what is Nik going to do when he finds out someone did this to us?

"School" Caroline said shocked and we looked to one another wide eyed.

"I can't go back to school looking like a trashed up Britany Spears!" I said and she smashed the mirror agitated by her hair.

"Woah! Caroline calm" I said taking her arms.

"How can I be calm when I look like Sia gone wild" she asked. I could hear Liz on the phone downstairs.

"I can't miss school to much is happening today but I can't go looking like this." She said holding her head.

"We can't go we need to find out who the hell did this" I said walking over to my phone and dialling the one person I can trust not to rat us out.

"Who are you ringing?" Caroline asked panicked.

"Aria hey kiddo what's going on?" Ric said into the phone.

"Ric hey! Your not working today are you?" I said and Caroline stood beside me.

"No why are you alright?" He said.

"I need to hide at your place for awhile with Caroline. We think someone's after us " I said.

"What?! Okay come over quick as you can and I'll call Damon-" we both cut him off.

"No!"

"What why?" He asked.

"We need to keep this quiet Ric okay?" I said and he agreed.

"Girls the team will find out who did this, just go to school and try stay calm" Liz said from downstairs and we agreed not really though.

I borrowed Caroline's black hoodie and we pulled them up covering our heads with the hoods.

"What's with the hoodies?" Ric asked as we walked in.

"Your not aloud to laugh Ric" I said as he shut the door and Caroline sat on his couch.

"Oh god what've you done?" he said and I pulled the hood down along with Caroline.

Ric didn't even try not to he burst out laughing.

"Ric!" We both snapped as he tried covering his laughter completely failing.

"You don't want to piss of two very hormonal vampires" Caroline warned and he calmed down as I crossed my arms.

"Sorry kiddo but pink and blue on you its just-" I cut him off before he could start laughing.

"Last night someone did this to us and it must have been a witch they did it without waking us. Also I was attacked in my car last night" I said.

"What?!" He asked shocked.

"There out to get us" Caroline shouted panicked and sat back in the couch.

"I'll find out who did this! Both of you just stay here and don't leave or call anyone. I'll get you something to eh fix that" he said pointing at our hair.

"Don't tell Damon and Stefan. They'll turn pyscho protective" I said and he nodded grabbing his jacket and walked out.

"I can't believe this" Caroline said looking at her hair.

"It's okay Care. It can be fixed I guess" I said sitting back after making coffee for us both. I'm started to fear really fear what's going on.

"Bonnie texted asking where we are so did Stefan" Caroline said warily holding up her phone as I sat down next to her.

"We can't tell anyone what happened we don't want to get them involved." I said looking to the clock school would have just started.

I want to run home to Nik and tell him what's happened but he'd lose his marbles and kill everyone till he found out who came near me in my sleep, also he'd never let me sleep at Caroline's again.

I pulled out my phone seeing I've been spammed with missed calls and texts.

Nik and Bekah have really been trying to get a hold of me.

Hey Aria why did you and Caroline ditch? -Elena

Where are you? - Stefan

I know Stefan is serious when he doesn't send a winky face or some kind of joke he just blankly states the question.

Aria I've just ran into a very annoying hybrid where are you? -Damon

I didn't respond I don't want to worry any of them. Maybe because I told Caroline what happened she was attacked as well?

Aria Stefan called me and said your not in school or at Caroline's house. Answer your bloody phone! Where the bloody hell are you?. -Nik

Aria seriously enough with the silent treatment where are you ? -Stefan

Ric came back and we spent ages fixing one another's hair. My hair is better now except it's a lot longer which honestly I don't mind except the fact someone will notice.

Caroline died hers back to blonde but it was still cut to her shoulders and she hated it.

"What tine is it?" I asked Ric.

"It's just noon. You guys could still make it to school " he said all fatherly like.

"Alright Sir" I said sarcastically and Caroline sighed checking her hair again.

"I guess you won't be coming over for coffee after school anymore" Ric said sadly but cocked an eyebrow.

"I'll try" I said giving him a hug and we set out to school.

"What will we say?" Care asked as we walked through the empty halls.

"We were forced to do labour!" She sprung out.

"Let's just say one of the teachers made us do jobs for her all morning" I said.

"How will I explain the new hair?" She asked warily.

"We had a mid life crisis" I said sarcastically and she shoved me playfully.

"Okay I'll see you at lunch" I said and she disappeared to class. Okay now what do I do.

I don't even know my timetable that's when I heard heels clicking down the hall and I ran inside the janitors closet.

It was dark I searched for a light when I felt movement and then my hand touched a face.

I gasped when the light switched on and my hand was on Tyler's face.

"Aria" he said sarcastically with a smirk.

"Tyler?! What the. Why are you in the closet?" I asked.

"Well I don't do geometry. What's your excuse?" he said crossing his arms.

"I don't do school" I said sarcastically and he chuckled.

"Did you know Rebekah started school?" He asked and my eyes widened. Yes! Thank god.

"I wouldn't be so happy she's scary" Tyler said as I was practically dancing with the broom stick.

"No she's just a strong independent woman" I said crossing my arms.

"Right. Anyway have you spoke to Caroline? She's ignoring me" he said and I bit my lip and he sighed.

"You didn't ever tell anyone about.." He trailed off pointing between us.

"No!" I nearly shouted and he chuckled.

"Good. If Klaus knew I'd be dead" he said and that's when the door flung open.

"If Klaus knew what?" Stefan asked sarcastically looking between us, if looks could kill Tyler would be ten foot deep.

We both froze and Stefan looked like he was about to punch Tyler.

"Stefan!" I said grabbing his hand that was mid air.

"He kissed me months ago. It's fine we didn't do anything I pushed him away" I said pushing Stefan away keeping one hand on his chest while he glared at Tyler.

"Stefan it didn't mean anything" Tyler said.

"So kissing my sister means nothing to you" Stefan growled.

"It was months ago, I just found out I was a wolf I needed somebody but Aria didn't want me okay." He said holding up his hands.

"Then why were you both hiding in there?" He asked looking down to me.

"I cut class and Aria didn't know what class she had and she came in there we've only been here five minutes" Tyler said.

"Yeah, and Stefan I wouldn't do that" I said angrily to him.

"I know you wouldn't." He said to me but glaring at Tyler.

"Alright man calm down I'll leave" Tyler said stepping away from us then zooming away.

I shoved Stefan and he frowned.

"That was humiliating!" I said crossing my arms.

"I was protecting you, I know what's going on in his head." He said.

"And I don't? He didn't want anything Stefan and besides" I said holding up my wedding finger.

"Did your hair get longer?" He suddenly asked looking at it confused.

"No" I mumbled.

"Ar it's grown like three centimetres longer since yesterday. And darker? Is that where you were all morning" he said.

"Yes I and Caroline had a mid life crisis" I said.

"Well anyway Rebekah is marching her way through the hallways. I need her gone" he said.

"Oh don't pretend you don't like having her around" I sad as he put an arm around me walking towards the lunch tables outside.

"No. She's threatening Elena" he muttered.

"Well what about Kol? Can't say your not happy your best friend is back in town" I said.

"Whatever. I want them to leave" he said.

"Hey. You can't lie to me Stef" I said sarcastically and he rolled his eyes. I know he likes that there back. He just won't admit ou because he wants to keep an image with the Scooby gang and Elena.

We sat there for what felt like forever talking and talking.

"By the way your my best friend not Kol" he said and I scoffed.

"Keep on keeping on" I said sarcastically and he nudged my shoulder.

"Well there you guys are" Bonnie said and Elena appearing by her side. Bonnie barely acknowledged her guess there still fighting over Jeremy.

"Hey" I said as they sat down and we had lunch. My phone began to ring and I knew who it was.

"Yes Nik" I said as I walked away from the table.

"Why the hell haven't you picked up your phone?" He asked.

"Sorry. I and Caroline got held up this morning. How are you?" I said innocently.

"Bored." He blankly stated and I chuckled.

I giggled and walked into the bathroom as we spoke to one another he was getting a little to flirty for me being in school.

"Nik!" I scolded and I heard him chuckling to himself I can picture him grinning.

I washed my hands holding the phone between my head and shoulder.

"I don't think it's a bad idea" he purred and I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yeah well...." I trailed off when I looked down seeing I was no longer washing my hands with water.

Blood.

I gasped standing back and my phone fell to the floor.

"Aria?!" Nik called.

Oh my god who the hell is doing this to me?! Next thing I knew Bekah came in seeing the blood in the sink and me trying to wipe it off quickly.

"What the..." She trailed off switching off the tap and picking up my phone.

"Yeah, no she's fine Nik there's just blood coming from the sink" Bekah explained as I dried my hands.

"Yeah. Okay, bye" she said hanging up.

"Are you okay?" She asked giving me a hug I smiled.

"Nik said he wants you home..what did you do to your hair?" She asked plucking at it.

"Nothing" I said innocently and she squinted.

"Mhm." She said.

-----------

He crawled in beside me only in his boxers and began to slither towards me.

"Love I know your awake" he whispered stroking my cheek. I hesitantly opened my eyes to meet his icy blue ones.

"Have you all made up?" I asked whispering.

"I think they're so used to it, they just have to get over it" he said.

"So.....mom is back" I stated he nodded.

"I know" he said and kissed me gently.

"What is going to happen tomorrow morning ?" I said my eyes closed.

"We'll have to see" he said turning me over and spooning me.

"Goodnight my Aria" he said kissing my ear. "Goodnight Nik".

"Take her to the basement" Mikael said this man was insane! How does he know me I'm scared I'm all alone.

My mind flashed through bizarre amount of flashbacks. Him torturing me with everything he could use, Alexander conducting spells on me like I was a labrat in a cage.

All of these tragic things. I'm only grateful he never took me in bed.

The witch made a spell that I wouldn't remember unless he let me.

Then it all went black.

I woke up with a stunned expression I didn't feel arms around me. So that's why I couldn't remember anything I spent three years with Mikael oh my god.

No don't think about it I thought biting my thumb. He's dead now it doesn't matter I suppose.

Nik wasn't in the bathroom either he must be downstairs.

I got a shower and changed into a black long sleeved top then a white skirt with black pumps.

Walking out of our room down the stairs I noticed men walking along with decorations.

"Can someone tell me-" I asked walking into the living room seeing all the siblings except Nik in there.

They were all looking through clothes and Kol was being fitted in a suit.

"We're having a ball, meaning you and I can go shopping" Bekah said happily oh Christ no! No way not awh! I don't do balls.

"I'm not going" I chuckled crossing my arms.

Kol and Elijah laughed and Rebekah swung around shocked.

"Oh yes you are!" She ordered.

I gazed over to Elijah who was holding up two pairs of shoes that looked so similar.

"Colour Aria?" He asked and I smiled raising an eyebrow.

"Elijah they look the same".

"Choose" he stated keeping his stupid smile on his face amused. Both Kol and Elijah always love messing with me.

"The ones on the left. Bring out your eyes" I said and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Aria your going tonight" Kol said staring at himself in the mirror he hasn't changed has he.

I nodded sadly sitting on the couch where's Nik actually ?

"We're going shopping as soon as my nails are done" Rebekah stated smirking at me I just chuckled.

"Wow Finn you look different" I stated looking at the eldest sibling.

"Thank you Aria I've heard great things of you its a pleasure" he shook my hand.

"Pleasure to meet you to" I said. Ohoho it will piss Nik off severely if I get friendly with him

"Aria tell me how handsome I am" Kol said.

"I'm supposed to lie?" I quirked an eyebrow at him.

They laughed and he rolled his eyes playfully at me.

"Aria where've you been since the chaos of the 20s." he said chuckling.

Awh jeez no! I can't talk about my past they'll see through my lies especially Kol. I stood up and went to get a drink.

As he was about to speak he was interrupted when Nik opened the door roughly charging in staring at Rebekah.

"You went after Elena? What is wrong with you?" He shouted at her.

She went after Elena!? Crap.

"She deserved it" Bekah shouted before they could start a fight Kol spoke.

"Aria you must stay and teach me this new technology" Kol said holding a phone. Ah poor thing doesn't even know what that is its cute.

"Amongst other things" Kol whispered grinning I took one of Elijah's shoes throwing it at him he clearly dodged I smirked.

"Unbelievable your out of the box five minutes" Nik muttered coming towards me oh come on Kol's joking.

Rebekah stood up pulling me over to her jewellery boxes. God I forget how much she owns.

"Now that I think about it I've heard nothing of your adventures since I last saw you..tell me everything" she beamed smiling widely trying on different rings I shrugged but she didn't notice oh but the rest did.

"Like where've you've travelled....The new hair....?" she said rapidly continuing to spring questions at me.

Then her eyes widened mischievously "Oh my you must have had boyfriends tell me all the dirty details?" She said and she winked at Nik and he growled.

Holy pandas I don't want to talk about that. Yes of course I've had two since then one was a crazy psychopath and the other was true and pure till he met me.

I'm with Nik now and this conversation is only reminding me of that one perso.

"Welllll" she sang I looked at Nik who was actually looking at me curiously I looked around timidly playing with my hands.

"Not really something I want talk about in front of these boys" I said sarcastically raising my eyebrows.

"Oh Nik doesn't care" she joked.

"Oh yanno little bit of this little bit of that wow" I laughed falsely looking at my wrist which didn't even have a watch great work Aria.

She was raising her eyebrows at me knowing I was so hiding something but she was smiling devilishly.

"God look at that time I should be going" I chuckled nervously walking backwards as she followed.

"Where are you going!?" She said sarcastically. Crap she wants to go shopping doesn't she?

"Brothers.... house" I said nervously starting to run out of the room I could hear the boys laughing as Rebekah protested.

"Aria I will hunt you down" she yelled pretty funny since she didn't run after me.

I walked into the grill laughing my head off with Caroline we sat at one of the booths and then the one and Elena walked in.

She slipped into the booth beside me eh...

"Hey guys....look I just wanted to apologise, I'm very sorry" she said apologetically.

Caroline nodded and I spoke "It's okay Elena I'm sorry to" I said I can't be mean anymore she was my best friend I guess I'll give her one more chance.

"So I guess you've heard about the ball?" Caroline said.

"Yes, it's so weird though the originals are having an actual ball" Elena said.

"Try living in a house with them" I said and she smiled.

"And why does the evil witch want to talk to you?" Caroline asked. My eyes widened "What!?" I asked.

"Bonnie told me about it" Caroline said holding her hands up.

Elena nodded "I have no idea why but yes".

"I met her the other day" I stated raising my eyebrows.

"What!?" This time Elena yelped.

"She seems okay but I got a weird vibe. She has been dead for a thousand years" I said she nodded.

"Did you tell Damon and Stefan that you weren't going?" I asked her.

"I did which is all the more reason I need a bodyguard...could you?..." She trailed off.

I smiled "Yes but you have to tell me everything from now on am I understood? No more me being in the dark I hate it I don't tell Nik everything you know" I said.

"I don't like keeping you in the dark either we just feared it might get you in trouble with them if you knew anything" she said sadly.

"We promise to tell you everything from now on" Caroline said taking my hand smiling.

"Thank you and I will be loyal to you they might be my family but Damon and Stefan are my true family my brothers my blood" I said.

"I like how loyal you are to them" Caroline said.

"I have to be, I love them there idiots and downright stupid half the time but I do love them" I said.

Elena smiled then spoke "I can't deal with either of them right now whatever Stefan is feeling he is channelling it all against Klaus and Damon...it's just a bad idea to be around Damon right now" she said. What's she hiding?

"Why because you two made out?" Caroline chirped. She did what.

Elena's eyes wondered to me warily and I grit my teeth Aria stay calm.

"Bonnie told you I'm guessing" she whispered.

"Let's not talk of it" I said sternly.

You've got to be kidding me! Just as I thought we could be friends again she is messing with both of them I can't deal.

No I can't let anyone think it's bothering me. Need to keep up the smile.

"It meant nothing I swear! Aria come on you can't be mad at me forever we used to be best friends" She said.

I shook my head "Stop. It may have meant nothing to you but it definitely meant something to Damon I don't wanna hear about it okay I will protect you tonight and I will protect you from now on. Leave it at that." I said.

"Okay thank you I will but I'm not going to give up on Stefan I love him what happened with Damon is over okay." She said. It better be I'm so going to ring his head when I find him.

He promised me that she wouldn't come between them he PROMISED me. Watch it all fall apart.

They told me everything about what's happened I had to grit my teeth at a lot of it.

"Why are you here actually shouldn't Klaus be hanging out of you?" Elena asked sarcastically and I just smiled just then Bonnie came in.

"Hey Aria the original Rebekah is looking for you" she said and my eyes widened I seriously didn't think she'd actually hunt me down stupid! She's done it before.

"I'm hiding from her" I chuckled.

"Hide at my house then but whys she looking for you? Caroline said laughing.

"She wants to dress me up and everything for tonight" I said frowning at the thought of being poked and prodded for hours.

"Well then you better run" Bonnie whispered and chuckled.

I peeped my head around the corner of the booth and saw her walking in looking around.

"Yeah gotta go" I whispered and slid out trying not to be seen and heading to the back door but I heard her yell my name and the girls started laughing as I sprinted for the hills.

I ran out of the alleyway alerting my eyes to all angles. I could hear her calling my name and I ran to the left down the street.

Damon walked out of a shop wide eyed when he saw me sprinting through for no tomorrow.

"Woah what the hell is happening are you okay!?" He asked pulling me to a stop.

"Ahh!" I pointed a finger to him then back to the grill I couldn't speak I was out of breath man I have to work out.

Klaus, Kol and Elijah were watching me from across the street in amusement and curiosity I saw them and frowned.

Why the heck are they here! Ugh they must be shopping for stupid suits or something.

Just then Rebekah came running out her eyes in every direction and she spotted me and smirked.

"Aria Maria Salvatore!" she yelled. Jesus she full named me she means business.

I let out a groan "What did I marry myself into" I said and ran leaving Damon utterly confused.

Once I was out of sight I zoomed to Carolines house and stayed hidden Rebekah wouldn't be able to get inside anyway.

"Well" I heard Stefan say and I jumped what the heck!

"Stef? What the-" he cut me off.

"I was told of your hiding place....good choice" he chuckled.

I walked over to him and indulged him in a hug I wonder if he knew what happened with Elena and Damon? .

He hugged me back thank god or that would have gotten awkward real fast.

"Aria I want to apologise for everything" he whispered.

"It's okay I know" I said pulling away he smiled thankfully.

"I'm guessing your going to that ball" he said.

"I'll get beheaded if I don't" I chuckled.

"Well do you have a date?" He teased.

"Well Nik didn't technically ask me I was out of the house before he could" I said and Stefan laughed plopping down on the couch.

"Are you going?" I asked.

"Yeah. Elena was asked to come by that original witch" he murmured.

"How are you two...doing?" I asked hesitantly.

He looked to me questionably "I'm guessing you know" he said.

"About" I dragged what if I said it and it wasn't the thing he was talking about learned from my mistakes.

"Damon and Elena kissed" he said and I nodded knowingly.

"How long have you known?" He asks sadly.

"Around 20 minutes" I said plopping down on the couch beside him.

"I'm sorry" I said putting my hand on his.

"I lost her the moment I left town don't be sorry" he sighed.

"Stefan I can see how you both feel about each other its an eternal love it's strong I don't want you to just give it up" I said.

"How's things with the originals" he asked changing the subject.

"Well I already have spoken to Caroline and Elena about this, you and Damon are my blood okay I am loyal to you no matter what you think...so please don't keep me in the dark about things that happen they've already agreed to tell me things from now on everything." I explained.

"I just don't get it I've been a complete dick to you for weeks now and yet you still comfort me here and forgive me. The reason we didn't tell you anything is that we did fear you'd tell them, also if they found out you knew they might hurt you" he said.

"They'd never hurt me you know that you knew them all those years ago" I said and he shut his eyes.

"I also can't believe the monster I was back then, you've always been so loyal to me ever since we were kids" he said.

"Your my twin Stefan I have to" I chuckled he smiled.

"Can we be friends again?" He chuckled.

"No more lying to me?" I said sarcastically.

He held up his hand like a scout. "I promise as long as you stay safe and be honest with me" he said.

"That goes both ways" I added nodding.

"Can I escort you to the ball?" I asked sarcastically.

He chuckled standing up and grabbing a drink from the kitchen well he's at home here isn't he.

I walked in after him "So your humanity's still off is it?" I asked.

He shrugged "It's not all back" he mumbled.

At that moment my mind went back to when....

Should I tell him?, he's the only one who will understand.

Would he fear me ? No he's done bad but I've done worse. I've been labelled as a Mary Sue vampire but I was far from that in the 1950s.

I haven't spoke of what I was for almost 60 years. Has it been that long?

"Aria?" Stefan said snapping me from my thoughts.

"Y-yeah?" I stuttered.

"What is it?" He asked warily as I played with my hands. Was I really going to tell him would he tell anyone?

I was the thing monsters feared back then.

Everyone believes I don't like drinking human blood because of the guilt it makes me feel that's only partially the reason. The real reason is so much worse.

"Stef? I have a confession to make" I barely got the sentence out.

"Aria you can tell me anything I won't judge you it's me" he said coming over to me.

"W-well um" I said sitting down then getting back up.

"Aria?" he said warily.

"Okay" I breathed deeply. He nodded then tried to comfort me rubbing my back.

"I haven't told anyone of this....but there's a reason for me having different hair....for me being wiped off the face of the earth...why I can't drink human blood" I said quietly as he watched me trying to understand and be calm.

"Yes? Go on" he said.

"Back in the 50s I-" I was cut off by my phone ringing.

I groaned pulling it out and Stefan was still watching me intently with worry.

"Hello" I muttered into the phone.

"Aria love what's wrong?" Nik asked.

"Nik love nows not a good time I'll call you back" I said.

He was silent then spoke "No! what's wrong? I can feel your pain what's going on?".

Stefan chuckled at Nik's reactions to me and I rolled my eyes. "Who's that?" Nik asked.

"What?" I said obliviously.

"Do not act dumb Aria I can hear someone else there who is it?" He growled.

"My brother" I stated angrily did he think I was with another man!?

"Then why are you sad?" He snapped.

"It's nothing" I snapped right back.

"Come home besides Rebekah has been hounding everyone looking for you." He said.

"Fine" I stated hanging up before he could speak.

"Aria are you alright?" Stefan asked.

"Yeah look I better go" I said turning away only to bump into him.

"Can we talk of what you were going to say soon?" He asked worried.

I put my hand on his shoulder. "We will..I will see you this evening yes?" I asked.

He nodded and I walked out and back to my loving husband.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 7.2K 116
quando incontri la persona giusta poi รจ cosรฌ difficile lasciarla andare, diventa il tuo punto di riferimento, la tua casa, il tuo tutto.
157K 6.2K 65
Chissร  perchรฉ ci era stato insegnato che i simili erano soliti respingersi, che due menti e due caratteri fin troppo uguali non erano fatti per stare...
15K 1K 34
Fanfiction holdarah