Beauty Divine (Sequel)

By JaXender

[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the p... More

Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?
Chapter (2): Secret Meeting
Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Chapter (4): The Reunion
Chapter (5): The Family Dinner
Chapter (6): A Heart Confession
Chapter (7): Dark Shades
Chapter (8): Under Arrest
Chapter (9): Glimpses Of Wistful Memories
Chapter (10): The Return of G.M
Chapter (11): Crucial Decision
Chapter (12): Suit & Tie
Chapter (13): The New Assistant
Chapter (14): Remember Us
Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette
Chapter (16): Endure The Ethereal
Chapter (17): Car Trouble
Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix
Chapter (19): Glimpses from The Past
Chapter (20): Stained
Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink
Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet
Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight
Chapter (25): Burning Up
Chapter (26): The Visitor
Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty
Chapter (28): Shimmering Sphere
Chapter (29): Sudden News
Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words
Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever
Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht
Chapter (33): The Invitation
Chapter (34): Harsh Truth
Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence
Chapter (36): The Lake House
Chapter (37): Le divin
Chapter (38): Purging The Past
Chapter (39): Lethal Glares
Chapter (40): Moonless Night
Chapter (41): Trauma
Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy
Chapter (43): Battle of Exes
Chapter (44): Anonymous Messenger
Chapter (45): Investigation:
Chapter (46): Home
Chapter (47): Breaking The News
Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades
Chapter (49): A Friendly Date
Chapter (50): Infernal Deed
Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame
Chapter (52): Disgraceful
Chapter (53): Meeting in The Duskiness
Chapter (54): Cold Night, Warm Heart
Chapter (55): The Bartender Counseling
Chapter (56): Heavy Tears
Chapter (57): Throbbing Sobs, Hurtful Moans
Chapter (58): Late Apology
Chapter (59): Gathering The Leftovers
Chapter (60) Intoxicated
Chapter (61): Out Loud
Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest
Chapter (63): Warm Droplets
Chapter (64): The Now & Then
Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells
Chapter (66): Jolly Melody

Chapter (24): Failed Temptation

1K 73 6
By JaXender

On Monday, Wren and Madeline went to their work as usual and Madeline already was missing her best friend. Right after the wedding, Eva and Paul headed to spend their honeymoon in Cape town, South Africa and Madeline was joyful for both of them.

Wren was in her office with Eleanor discussing some plans for the next fashion show presented by Mrs. Caulfield and there were a few issues with her but Wren was resilient and self-assured that she can fix the problem in no time and Eleanor never doubted her confidence.

"Okay..." Eleanor stood up, taking a few papers from Wren. "I guess that means we'll have to call her and set a date for another meeting then."

"Mm-hmm. I know you don't like her, but she's talented in her designs and she has her own beauty products besides the new shampoo she's working on."

"You're right. Do you wanna call her or it's just gonna be me?"

"I love you but I think this time you should call her. She's still holding a grudge against me since... uh, her engagement party." Wren gave Eleanor a cringed look and Eleanor chuckled.

"Your taste sucks in women except for Madeline." She joked making Wren laugh.

"I know. The woman was obsessed with me back then. I'm really glad and relieved that it's over."

Eleanor sighed then smiled at Wren. "I'll give her a call then get back to you once I have something."

Eleanor turned on her heel and left the office while Wren's phone desk rang.

"Hello?... Uh-huh... As far as I know she's okay with it... alright... in three days, the same studio at 3O'clock noon... I'll check my schedule and will get back with you... thanks, Sophia."

She hung up on her and called from the phone Georgina. Georgina knocked on the door and entered, walked to her desk with her notebook.

"Umm, check if I have any meetings this Thursday."

She flipped through her notebook till she reached the date then looked at Wren.

"No meetings. Your schedule is free on Thursday."

"Okay, good. Your photoshoot's date has been set and it will be this Thursday. Do you have second thoughts on doing this?"

"No, I'm good. Unless if you don't want me to do it and I completely understand."

"I'm fine with it as long as you're comfortable in front of cameras and representing the product half naked... I guess."

Georgina chuckled a bit and smiled shyly at Wren. "I'm okay with it."

"Alright."

"Anything else? Coffee maybe?"

"No thanks I'm good."

Georgina headed outside the office and went back to her desk and Emily was giving her a curious look, not feeling comfortable around her and her silence made her fear something unknown.

"Are you okay Georgina? Are you feverish or something?"

"Uh, no why?"

Emily raised her eyebrows. "Nothing just wondering why you aren't being bitchy anymore like you used to be since you jumped back into our lives."

"Emily, I'm busy. If you have something important other than analyzing me then say it, otherwise leave me alone and let me work in peace."

"Oookay." Emily stood up with a confused frown and headed to Wren's office, giving it a light knock before entering.

"What now?" asked Wren with her eyes fixed on the laptop.

"Hey, is Georgina okay? She's acting... nice? Or... normal maybe? And by normal I mean acting like a human being, and by human being I mean acting nice without being bitchy, and by without being bitchy I mean not getting on someone's nerve."

Wren cocked an eyebrow at her as she was swinging herself on the chair back and forth slowly.

"She's working, Em. That's what she's doing like everybody else here, and by anybody else I mean like me and you. And by me and you, I mean focusing on our work. And by focusing on our work I mean leaving Georgina alone and doing our daily job to earn our living in this world." She smirked and Emily grinned, shaking her head at her.

"Wren, I'm serious!"

She chuckled. "Well, so am I."

"What if she's up to something?"

"Like what? Getting back with me?"

"Possibly!"

"Never gonna happen." said Wren confidently. "That's a closed chapter. I don't want her in my life. I need her at work. That's all."

"Understandable but she's been like this for a week, being all calm and neat without even a nasty meow from her."

"Maybe she's just nervous because of the photoshoot or something."

"What photoshoot?" She frowned.

"Right, um, Georgina will do a photoshoot this Thursday for the new make-up Ad."

"What? Why her? Why not Monique or maybe Madeline or maybe someone else on this freaking planet?"

She shrugged. "The twins chose her to be the face of their marketing. They know what they're doing. I objected at first but eventually they convinced me and I agreed as long as it won't cause her problems or complications with her job."

Emily rolled her eyes and sighed. "And of course Georgina agreed, right?"

"After long time thinking about the offer, yes." Emily sighed again, looking down at the floor, feeling defeated. "Look why don't you just give her the benefit of the doubt, Em? To me she's doing a great job and she's creative and very helpful. Just cut the girl some slack... you said she isn't bugging you anymore, so that's a good thing." Wren sat properly and folded her hands on the desk, leaned forward and looked up at Emily. "Give her a chance like you gave Madeline one. You had doubts about her at first, but then the more you got to know her the more you befriended her."

..................................................

Madeline and Antony were at the office, having a cup of coffee together as she told him about the wedding while he listened with a huge smile across his face, wishing if he was there with her.

"So, basically everything went good for you, Wren and your family. Thank god no family drama on Eva's wedding day." He sighed dramatically.

"I know, right? It's all because of Rose. Apparently she told my dad about us and then we both were surprised at his reaction. My mom had no problem with me being with Wren but dad did. He invests in Wren's company and not just that, but he's the biggest investor there."

Her phone vibrated on her desk and she turned to Antony with a huge smile and he closed his eyes and nodded.

"I'll leave you to her."

He took his leave so that she could answer freely. "The one I was just talking about. Hi, babe."

"Hey. I hope you were saying only the good stuff about me."

"Always."

"I was thinking, um, maybe in my lunch break I could swing by your office and spend some time with you."

"Sounds great. Be waiting for you."

"Alright. I've to go now... my other phone is ringing but I'll see you later. Love you." She hung up on Madeline.

"May I come in now?" asked Antony timidly and she chuckled with a nod.

"Why do you always leave when she's on the phone with me?"

"Uh, because one, I respect your privacy. Two, I don't want to hear some cheesy words."

"Oh, Antony someday you'll meet that someone who will be all cheesy and corny with you and you'll will be the same." She put a hand on his shoulder. "Trust me."

"You're the one to know."

...............................................

Wren took her black jacket and headed outside her office and walked over to Georgina's desk. She indeed noticed that Emily was right, there was definitely something wrong with Georgina. She was acting dead and not full of life like the first time. Wren leaned her hands on the desk and Georgina looked her in the eyes, feeling tempted to stare at them longer than intended.

"I'm going out, if something came up, give me a call."

"... Okay."

"Are you okay, Georgina?" she asked with a concerned voice. "You seem a little bit off. Is it the Ad? Are you anxious about it?"

"No, it's not that. I, um, just tired. Couldn't get enough sleep last night. Well, for a few days, I guess." She chuckled nervously and then her smile dropped slowly when she recalled the day Wren confessed her feelings about Madeline.

"Well, if you're feeling worn out and wanna go home, you can take the day off if you want."

"No, don't worry about it. I'm just gonna grab myself a cup of coffee and will be fine."

"Alright" She leaned backward, giving her one last look then headed to the elevator.

Wren arrived at Madeline's building and went up to the third floor, walked to her office but couldn't find anyone or even Antony. Heidi was walking in the hallway and spotted Wren inside Madeline's office feeling lost.

"Need help?"

"Hmm? Oh no, um, I'm looking for my girlfriend, Madeline. Have you seen her?"

"She's having a meeting with Sarah..." She looked at Wren with an inviting smile. "Would you like to wait for her in the dressing room till she finishes her meeting? She's gonna pass by there anyway."

"Uh, okay, yeah. Lead the way."

Wren followed Heidi to the dressing room that was full of clothes scattered everywhere, even on the couches.

"So, have I seen you before? Because you look new to this place." said Wren looking around the room.

"Yeah, I'm new here. I worked for Sarah for... three months and still counting." They chuckled. "But, I have seen you before. It's Wren, isn't it?"

"Correct."

"I'm Heidi." She extended her hand and Wren took it, shaking it gently.

"Pleasure to meet you, Heidi."

"Same." She turned around with a smirk and walked to the fitting room to change her clothes. "You're famous, right?"

"That's what they say but in reality I'm just an ordinary business woman." She ran her hand over the dresser.

"I like humble woman. I know that you have women who are huge fan of yours and I guess I'm one of them."

She emerged from the fitting room, wearing a thin strapped short dress and she started walking to Wren in a seductive way.

"I heard things about you." she said taking more steps closer to Wren and her strap slipped down her shoulder.

"Like what?" asked Wren feeling amused as Heidi took an inch closer to her face.

"Like how women find it hard to leave your bed the next day." she said softly, getting closer to her lips but still didn't touch them.

Madeline was walking to her office after her meeting and she looked to her left, catching Heidi and Wren close together. She didn't panic but moved closer to the door frame leaning against it with her arms crossed and neither of them noticed her.

"What do you want exactly, Heidi?" Wren smirked at her confidently as usual and Heidi grinned at her, with her eyes moving to look at hers then shift down to her lips, her hands grabbing the collar of her jacket.

"I want you, Clermont. Just for one day."

She leaned in for a kiss but Wren put a finger on her lips, stopping her and Heidi frowned at her.

"Sorry but we can't do this."

"Why not?" she asked trying to get closer but Wren held her bare arms.

"Well, for one it's unethical to do it here, and two and that's the most important thing... I have a girlfriend whom I'm in love with and I'm hers. Only. Sorry to disappoint you, Heidi, but you should've calculated your plan first."

Heidi frowned at her and groaned turning around to leave the room from the other door. Wren smirked at herself as she adjusted her jacket and turned around, seeing Madeline smile at her and her eyes were glimmering.

"Correct answer, Clermont." she said with a smile and undid her cross.

"I had to be frank with her, Anderson." She smirked, walked to her and wrapped her arms around her. "Besides, it's not the first time I disappointed a girl who wants nothing but a one-night stand with me. And haven't you heard the latest news? I'm not single anymore; I have a girlfriend."

"Is she good enough for you?" she asked playfully wrapping her arms around her neck.

"Oh, she's amazing. You should meet her."

Madeline laughed and leaned in for a peck then pulled back, tracing her thumb over her lower lip. "For your good answers today, you're obliged to have lunch with me in your free time."

"With pleasure."

.............................................

At night, Madeline finished her work, collected her things and left her office. This afternoon, she had lunch with Wren and they decided to meet back in her house after they finish their day.

Madeline inserted the key, entered the house, walked to the bedroom to change her clothes into her PJs and then she heard sound of water being splashed in the bathroom. She opened the door and saw Wren sitting in her bathtub with her eyes closed, relaxing with one hand hanging by the side of the tub.

"Enjoying your time?"

Wren turned to her with a smile. "Kind of."

Madeline walked to her and kneeled down, giving her a soft kiss. "How are you?"

"... Headache. I have a terrible headache from the last meeting I had right after I left you, and my body is aching for no reason, so I decided to soak myself in a hot water and it's working so far. I think that's enough for me today."

She stood up and Madeline went to the bathroom vanity, taking the towel from the drawer and walked back to Wren, handing it to her.

Wren took the towel and started drying herself with it while Madeline went to the room when she heard her phone ring.

"Rose. The one person I wanted to talk to."

"I was expecting more of a 'thank you rose for telling my dad about us and saving our asses'"

She chuckled. "Yeah, thanks. We owe you for that favor."

"No need. I had to do what needed to be done and I'm just glad everything went well."

Wren came out of the bathroom wearing her tank top and PJs pants and sat on the bed with a small towel wrapped around her neck and her hair was still wet.

"Yeah, how did you manage that? How did you convince dad?"

"Same way Wren did at the wedding. I told him that you love her and you two are good together and he said that if Wren was a guy who loved his daughter so much then he wouldn't object on Wren being a woman. Problem solved. Of course it took him some time to cope with it... but it worked in the end, right?"

She smiled. "Yep."

"Alright, I just called to check on you and since you're okay, I'm gonna have to go and check on Andrew."

"Aw, kiss him for me, will you?"

She chuckled on the phone. "Sure... bye."

"Bye."

"Kiss who? Should I be concerned about this?" asked Wren and Madeline turned around smiling and walked over to her.

"Andrew. He's cute." She sat on her lap and grabbed the towel around her neck, moving it up to her wet hair to dry it. "You're handsome and he's cute. There's a difference."

"Works for me as long as you see me pretty."

She smiled, drying her hair gently and Wren rested her hands on Madeline's waist. Madeline's cheeks flushed when she felt Wren's eyes were looking up at her with admiration.

"Stop it." she said with a smile, drying her hair.

"Stop what?"

"Staring at me."

"I can't. You're so beautiful." She sighed dreamingly at her girlfriend.

"You're distracting me." She chuckled nervously.

"I know." Wren sighed heavily. "Are you mad about what happened today with Heidi?"

"No." She glanced at her eyes then her hands stopped once she finished the hair. "I knew she was planning something. Antony told me that she had the flame for you and I wasn't surprised when she tried to seduce you... I trust you, Wren."

"I'm glad you do." She reached up for her cheek, caressing it fondly before closing the distance between them, brushing Madeline's lips then fully kissing her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 70.8K 21
"Are you... lost?" Someone asked, her tone impatient. I stopped scanning the room to find the woman behind the voice. I blinked. She had the most lu...
68.8K 1.8K 21
"Look at her blushing, Rose. Do we make you nervous, tesoro?" "Yes" I respond, my eyes closing. The pleasure is too much. "If I have to tell your t...
96.6K 3.5K 32
#Unbreak Sequel# (Please read Unbreak first before you read this one.) 10 YEARS LATER . . . . . . ∆ Contains : -strong language -gxg sex scene ∆ It's...
289K 8.4K 73
This feels so wrong, I can't help but think as I'm perched on the edge of her desk, my legs spread wide as my knuckles turn white from gripping the e...