Beauty Divine (Sequel)

By JaXender

[GxG] "I found the assistant." she said with her eyes fixed on the CV. "That's great! You finally found the p... More

Chapter (1): Where Art Thou Wren?
Chapter (2): Secret Meeting
Chapter (3): Liar Liar Pants On Fire
Chapter (4): The Reunion
Chapter (5): The Family Dinner
Chapter (6): A Heart Confession
Chapter (7): Dark Shades
Chapter (8): Under Arrest
Chapter (9): Glimpses Of Wistful Memories
Chapter (10): The Return of G.M
Chapter (11): Crucial Decision
Chapter (12): Suit & Tie
Chapter (13): The New Assistant
Chapter (14): Remember Us
Chapter (15): A Brunette VS A Noirette
Chapter (16): Endure The Ethereal
Chapter (17): Car Trouble
Chapter (18): The Floral Anchor & The Phoenix
Chapter (19): Glimpses from The Past
Chapter (20): Stained
Chapter (21): A Party & A Drink
Chapter (23): Sapphire Under the Moonlight
Chapter (24): Failed Temptation
Chapter (25): Burning Up
Chapter (26): The Visitor
Chapter (27): Poisonous Beauty
Chapter (28): Shimmering Sphere
Chapter (29): Sudden News
Chapter (30): Three Stones, Three Words
Chapter (31): Yesterday, Today and Forever
Chapter (32): Reunion On The Yacht
Chapter (33): The Invitation
Chapter (34): Harsh Truth
Chapter (35): Soured Divulgence
Chapter (36): The Lake House
Chapter (37): Le divin
Chapter (38): Purging The Past
Chapter (39): Lethal Glares
Chapter (40): Moonless Night
Chapter (41): Trauma
Chapter (42): A Tingle of Jealousy
Chapter (43): Battle of Exes
Chapter (44): Anonymous Messenger
Chapter (45): Investigation:
Chapter (46): Home
Chapter (47): Breaking The News
Chapter (48): Queen Of Spades
Chapter (49): A Friendly Date
Chapter (50): Infernal Deed
Chapter (51): Walk Of Shame
Chapter (52): Disgraceful
Chapter (53): Meeting in The Duskiness
Chapter (54): Cold Night, Warm Heart
Chapter (55): The Bartender Counseling
Chapter (56): Heavy Tears
Chapter (57): Throbbing Sobs, Hurtful Moans
Chapter (58): Late Apology
Chapter (59): Gathering The Leftovers
Chapter (60) Intoxicated
Chapter (61): Out Loud
Chapter (62): Unexpected Guest
Chapter (63): Warm Droplets
Chapter (64): The Now & Then
Chapter (65): Dulcet Bells
Chapter (66): Jolly Melody

Chapter (22): Dressed in Violet

919 66 18
By JaXender

Madeline was getting dressed for her work and she was glad that she didn't drink too much last night unlike Eva and Monique. She and Emily were the only ones sober enough to drive them home. Her phone vibrated on the table and she went to get it.

"Morning, sunshine. How was your night without me?"

She smiled. "Good. Are you calling me to check if I behaved last night?"

Wren chuckled on the phone. "Maybe. I mean you're breathtaking and anyone would try and flirt with you."

"Well, for your information... I was a innocent last night. Myself and Emily... unlike Eva and Monique who got a little tipsy."

"That's my girl. So, listen I'm gonna go to the store today after I finish my meetings to buy the suit. Would you like to come and meet me there? Or I could stop by and take you. I'm just gonna need your opinion."

Madeline sighed on the phone, thinking if she was free today or not. "Let me check my schedule today because right now I can't give you a straight answer."

"Alright. I'll be waiting for your call. Love you."

"Love you."

She hung up on her and went to finish getting dressed. 45 Minutes later she arrived outside the building and walked to the elevator and Heidi was standing beside her, looking at Madeline.

"Hi, Madeline."

"Hello, Heidi. How're you?"

"Very good. You?"

"Excellent." She smiled brightly and adjusted the strap of her handbag on her shoulder, eyes fixed on the elevator door.

Heidi chuckled a little, grabbing Madeline's attention. "I wonder why. Must be your elegant girlfriend is the reason behind all the smiles."

Madeline smiled a bit. "Yeah, you could say so."

They stepped into the elevator and hit the button three. "You're lucky Madeline... to have such handsome girlfriend that every girl chases."

Madeline chuckled softly. "Not all of them. Some of them are straight."

"Hmm, I don't think they will be anymore if they just caught a glimpse of her. I mean I have a boyfriend but seeing your girl made me... want to have a sample of..." She sighed before continuing and Madeline knitted her eyebrow slightly at Heidi's words. "Well, people like her. I'm talking about those who are available because you already have her. Obviously."

They reached for the third floor and both got out in separate ways, but Madeline's mind was following Heidi's words. She sensed Heidi trying to grab her attention in something, something more like a threat. She walked to her office with a confused frown on her face and Antony raised an eyebrow on seeing her lost.

"Hello, Maddie and what's up with your face? Show me your gorgeous smile."

"Yeah, sorry." She smiled a little. "I was just thinking about something Heidi said on our way up."

Antony sighed and ran a hand across his face. "What did she say?"

"I think... and it's just a thought, umm, she was kind of talking about Wren and that everywoman would want to be in my place and have Wren for herself. I already know that. Wren is one of a kind but Heidi's just... weird, I guess."

"Look, darling. I'm gonna be honest with you... Heidi has her eyes on Wren. She told me that herself, so you better watch it because she's up to something and I can feel it."

"I'm not surprised that women are chasing Wren but what's really surprising me is that she had the guts to tell it to my face... with no shame at all that, plus knowing that I'm Wren's girlfriend." She shook her head in disbelief.

"Just be careful, hon and rest assured that Wren won't fall for whatever she's planning to do, okay?" She smiled confidently. "Now let's start our day."

................................................

Wren finished her first meeting with Mrs. Caulfield and she was glad that it went peacefully without Caulfield's reminder of their past relationship before her wedding to Mr. Caulfield. Wren went to her office and was sipping her coffee while revising some papers and she heard a knock on the door that grabbed her attention.

Her father came in with his bright smile. She got up from her seat, walked over to him and gave him a hug.

"How was your meeting?"

"You know, good. We have some issues but nothing can't be solved with a little patience. Enough about work and tell me what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick Eleanor up for lunch and you should come and join us. You need to step out of this gloomy office for some air." he said as he looked around her office with a small smile.

"Hey there, it's not gloomy. And I'm the one who chose the wall paint and the decorations."

He chuckled softly. "Just come with us for a change."

She pursed her lips and released a weary sigh. "I'm sorry but I can't. I have a board meeting in about 2 hours and I need to get ready for it to crush it."

"And you will. Like you always do." He patted her shoulders. "So, you won't come?"

"Sorry."

"Alright, suit yourself and if you changed your mind, we'll save you a seat. Anyway; good to see you but right now I have to get my beautiful woman and take her out for lunch."

He gave her one last quick hug, headed for the door and stepped out of her office and once she turned around, her phone vibrated on her desk.

"Yep?" she answered with a smile, knowing the caller. "I hope you're gonna say it too right now."

"I'm sorry, babe but I won't make it today. I have a meeting and it's important. Sorry. I want to join you and spend some time with you in the fitting room like last time."

Wren chuckled softly. "It's okay. Don't worry about it. At least you would only see me in the wedding wearing it, so I'm gonna leave you hanging till then."

She heard Madeline chuckle on the phone, making her grin with her eyes closed, imagining her smile in front of her face right now.

"Okay, that sounds convincing enough and liberating me from the guilt I'm feeling right now."

"Well, don't blame yourself because of work. I think you and I know that sometimes our plans fail because of our duties that we're obliged to do."

"Yeah. You're the best."

"Hmm, tell me something I don't know." She said playfully.

"I love it when you wear causal."

Wren laughed softly. "Okay that was definitely something I didn't know about. I thought you liked the suits more."

Wren heard someone call Madeline's name and she knew it was the end of their call.

"I gotta go and I'm dying to see you in the new suit though."

"Me too. Dying to see you in the bridesmaid dress."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

She hung up on her and clutched the phone in her hand, smiling then turned back to her desk, getting ready for the next meeting.

...............................................

Three hours later, after Wren's second exhausting meeting, she went to her desk, grabbed her jacket and got out of her office and walked to the elevator. She sighed while hitting the button then turned around when something fell on the floor from Georgina's desk. Georgina bent down and retrieved the pen back and Wren tilted her head to the side, walking to her.

"First question, do you have something to do now?"

"Uh, no?"

"Okay, umm. Second question, on scale from one to ten how good are you at choosing an elegant suit for a wedding? And I'm speaking as the guest."

"If you're choosing it for you then I'm sure I know your style. If that's what you're implying."

"Fine, you're coming with me. Grab your stuff."

She got out from her desk with a huge smile on her face, leaving Emily knit her brows in anger at Wren and Georgina as they were exchanging smiles once again.

"Uh, Wren?" said Emily, grabbing both their attention.

"Yes?"

"Where are you going?"

"Running an errand. If Eleanor needed me tell her I'm busy and will call her later."

Wren let Georgina enter first and Georgina gave Emily a smirk with a wave from her hand, provoking Emily as always.

15 Minutes later after a silent drive, they arrived outside the suit's store. Georgina ran her hand along the racks, thinking about the perfect suit for her ex/boss. Her eyes caught a suit at the end of the rack, knowing that it was the suitable one for Wren.

"Why not this one?"

"Which one?"

Georgina smiled and walked to the end of the rack plucking out silky purple dress shirt, black pants, black vest and black dress jacket.

"What do you think?"

"No tie?"

"No tie and if there's a tie you have the choice to wear it or not. It's not like you're going to a board school or something."

They both chuckled and Wren took the suit from her, accidently brushing her hand over Georgina's.

"I'll go try it on and then I'll need an opinion."

"I'll wait here."

Wren stepped into the fitting room, started unbuttoning her shirt and put it on the hanger as she wore the other one. She started buttoning it while looking at her reflection in the mirror, checking out the color. She then grabbed the vest and ran her hand over it, checking out the material.

"So, am I here as you assistant or as... your friend?"

"Hmm, maybe both." she joked earning a light chuckle from Georgina outside the room. "But mostly as my assistant. You're still working for me and helping out your boss."

She wore her vest and buttoned it to the fullest and wore the jacket as well, admiring herself.

"Should I come in?"

"Yeah."

Wren unlocked the door from the inside and whirled around, looking dazzling and inviting wearing the dark suit and Georgina's jaw dropped with no words as her eyes raked over Wren top to bottom.

"Damn boss!"

Wren laughed softly at her. "Should I buy it or...?"

"You look glamorous with these dark colors on you. I swear if you weren't my boss and had a girlfriend I would have jumped on you right here and now!"

Wren felt uneasy for merely a second at Georgina's remark then stood up straight and answered confidently. "Well, sorry to disappoint you but I'm currently taken and not available." She joked, feeling good and confident for having Madeline in her life.

"Nah, it's fine." She waved it with her hand. "Take off the jacket and let me see you in the vest and the shirt. Just to see the suit without the jacket. And I'm really liking the vest."

While taking off the jacket, Georgina's eyes wandered to her tight chest that was available for her to see then turned her eyes back on Wren as she rolled up her sleeves.

"Yep definitely exquisite." She muttered under her breath, slowly scanning Wren's figure in the suit.

Wren turned to the mirror looking at herself while Georgina looked down at her butt, composing herself not to melt in the moment then looked at Wren's reflection as she was adjusting the vest and collar of the dress shirt.

"How did you meet?" Georgina asked with a smile but her smile was weak.

"Hmm?"

"You and your girlfriend? If it's okay for me to ask." She stared at Wren's reflection with the same painful smile.

Unknowingly, Wren smiled widely at the mention of her girlfriend's name. "It's fine. Umm, Madeline was... my assistant months ago, and uh, I couldn't help but fall in love with her talented, creative mind, and her kind, mellow heart." Wren smiled at her herself while Georgina was listening. "And her beauty is just a bonus for me to have. She's the most phenomenal, remarkable, breathtaking woman I've ever met and saw my entire life."

Georgina looked down for a moment then raised her eyes, inhaling deeply and sadly before popping the next question.

"... Do you love her, Wren?"

Wren grinned turning around, facing her and meeting her sad blue eyes. "I do. Every cell in my body screams those words whenever I see her."

Georgina nodded and gave her a fake smile as Wren turned around back to the mirror. For Georgina, she has never seen Wren smile that much. Even when they were in a relationship together years ago, Wren never smiled at her like that. So bright and positive.

They had their good times and she'll never forget that, but her heart shattered silently in her chest whenever her eyes laid on her Madeline and Wren as they shared their happiness to their friends. Georgina wished she could take it all back and fix what she did in the past but she knew it was too late because the one person she always admired had her eyes on someone better.

"So, final decision... we're gonna buy this suit. Nice choice, Georgina."

"Mm-hmm, yeah sure." She sighed heavily. "It's a part of my job anyway."

She exited the dressing room so that she could change back to her clothes. Hearing Wren confess her feeling about Madeline, made her jealous and her heart tighten. Georgina blinked back her tears and swallowed the lump in her throat, taking a deep breath to compose herself from admitting her defeat of retrieving Wren back in her life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 8.4K 73
This feels so wrong, I can't help but think as I'm perched on the edge of her desk, my legs spread wide as my knuckles turn white from gripping the e...
46K 1.7K 21
Kate has had enough of her demons and she is now looking for forgiveness, after two years of not seeing her ex girlfriend and former ex best friend S...
6.7K 369 32
Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone else at work. What's the point, when lovin...
2.6M 70.8K 21
"Are you... lost?" Someone asked, her tone impatient. I stopped scanning the room to find the woman behind the voice. I blinked. She had the most lu...