Her boys

By Weasley132

"Sirius Orion Black!" "Honey numerous-middle-names Goldman!" Their glares were nothing but empty threats as... More

Prologue
Part 1: The scarlet train
Part 2: The common room
Part 3: Potions class
Part 4: The decision
Part 5: Hallowe'en
Part 6: December
Part 7: Christmas
Part 8: The song
Part 9: Easter
Part 10: The last week
Part 11: The first last day
Second-year interlude
Part 12: Reunion
Part 13: Sirius and Regulus
Part 14: The first adventure
Note
Part 15: A new year
Part 16: The plan
Part 17: The first last
Part 18: The birthday and the aftermath
Part 19: Valentine date
Part 20: Quidditch, cheats and liars
Part 21: The first lesson
Part 22: The arrangement
Part 23: Godric's Hollow
Part 24: Back again
Part 25: End of year
Part 26: Summer Break
Part 27: Cleaning
Interlude
Part 28: Almost Christmas
Part 29: I'll Miss You
Part 30: Tides
Part 31: Home
Part 32: Family Reunion
Part 33: The Boys
Part 34: Alive
Part 35: The Howler
Part 36: Hogwarts
Part 37: The fight
Part 38: Good? Evil? Mischief?
Part 39: Roller Coaster
Part 40: Birthday
Part 41: Siblings
Part 42: Dumb
Interlude
Part 43: Cole and Sebastian
Part 44: Hallowe'en
Part 45: The end of the week
Part 46: 7 o'clock sharp
The letters
Part 47: Quidditch
Part 48: Tricks up their sleeves
Part 49: Panda-monium
Part 50: Quidditch fair
Part 52: Adventure
Part 53: Good Morning
Part 54: Starry night
Part 55: Calm
Parylt 56: Crazy
Part 57: School
Part 58: Hospital Wing Adventures
Part 59: Lily's Birthday
Part 60: Ball
Part 61: Graduation Week
Part 62: The show must go on
Part 63: Fluff
Part 64: A Wonderful Wedding
Part 65: Baby Potter
Part 66: Proposal
Part 67: Games
Part 68: Four in one
Part 69: Babies, babies, babies
Part 70: Twins
Part 71: A dream come true
Part 72: Picture disaster
Part 73: Marlene
Part 74: Feeble
Part 75: Family
Part 76: Tattoo
Part 77: The First Last Day
Part 78: Good Things Happen
Part 79: Days of old
Part 80: Hogwarts again
Part 81: First class
Note
Part 82: Drunk words are sober thoughts
Part 83: Enough
Part 84: New
Part 85: More
Part 86: Trials Of All Sorts
Part 87: A Day To Remember
Part 88: Hogwarts Is Home
Part 89: Christmas Time Again
Part 90: 16 Years Later
Alternate Ending
Note

Part 51: Easter break

7 0 0
By Weasley132

"James! Hurry up!" Lily cried, boarding the train behind Honey and Sirius.

"Sorry! Coming!" James called back, jogging up to the train.

"What took you so long?" Honey asked, taking the nearest compartment.

"Rhonda. She's not happy," James showed them his hands.

They were red from claw marks, and they were added to by a hiss from Rhonda.

"What's up with you, kitty?" Honey asked, pulling the small grey cat from her cage.

The small cat purred against her chest as she stroked it. James looked at her in awe.

"How the bloody hell did you do that? She's been clawing and hissing all day!" James said.

Lily nodded vigorously. Honey scrunched her nose, looking down at the sweet, calm kitten in her arms.

"Maybe she wants a woman's touch," Honey said, seeing that Lily had no scratches.

"I never thought of that," James whispered as the train vaulted into motion.

"Obviously," Honey smirked, her rings glinting in the bright sun.

He rolled his eyes, quickly becoming preoccupied with the scene out the window. His brown eyes flashed lighter or darker, depending on the natural lighting. Honey smiled to herself, leaning against Sirius.

She had taken off her shoes, pushing her toes against the wall and her head was in Sirius's lap. Rhonda had once again taken refuge in her comfortable cage.

"Braid my hair?" Honey pleaded, passing Sirius a hair tie.

He held his wrist above her face. It had three of her hair ties, each a different colour. She smiled, doing a sit-up to kiss him. He smiled back at her, laying her hair across his legs and the seat beside him.

"Did she teach you to do that?" Lily asked.

Sirius looked up from the blonde curls in his hands.

"Actually, no. I've always known how to braid. One of our elves taught me," Sirius smiled.

"That's pretty cool," Lily smiled, watching her boyfriend.

He was watching a butterfly fly around his head.  He smiled as it landed on his nose.

"This is a beautiful little bug," James murmured. "Did you know that butterflies can't actually see their own wings? They can't see how beautiful they are." The butterfly crawled onto his finger, slowly unfurling its blue wings. "They don't know how amazing they are. So, they think they're just plain and boring."

Honey watched as James looked directly at her. Sometimes she regretted telling him everything.

"Am I missing something?" Sirius asked, looking between the two.

"No."

"Yes."

Honey and James exchanged dirty looks, further confusing Lily and Sirius. The two looked at their significant others, then at each other, matching expressions of confusion on their faces.

"James," Honey warned.

"Tell him," James encouraged, pulling Lily out of the compartment after him.

"James!" Honey cried furiously.

"What does he mean?" Sirius asked, looking into Honey's grey eyes.

Honey sat up, looking slightly uncomfortable.

"You know how I avoid mirrors like the plague, yeah?" Honey asked, unsure of how to start such a conversation.

"Yeah," He agreed slowly.

"It's because I have problems. I hate my body. When I look at it, I feel fat and ugly. I can't stand my body. And I know you've noticed that I often skip breakfast or lunch. And that's because I feel like I should constantly be dropping weight," Honey said anxiously, avoiding Sirius's green eyes.

"I guess I understand. I mean,  not to that extent, but I get it. I'm sorry, Bee. I hate that you feel like that," Sirius pushed her chin up to look at him. "Is there any way I can help?"

"Make sure I eat. If not a lot, at least something. If possible," Honey said. "And eat with me. I'll eat my meals proper if I'm eating with other people."

Sirius nodded. "I'll try my absolute hardest."

"Merlin, I love you," Honey whispered.

Sirius chuckled. "I love you loads, Bee."

James and Lily stood at the window. Seeing that Honey and Sirius were smiling, they entered the compartment again. Honey once again laid over Sirius's lap, smiling with her eyes closed as he played with her hair.

"Everything went well?" James asked.

Honey opened one eye. "No thanks to you, dumbass."

"Well, I don't think I have anything to apologize for," James shrugged. "You were going to end up telling him anyway."

Honey rolled her eyes, hating that he was right.

"How are you going to tell everyone that you're engaged?" Lily asked, quickly changing the topic.

"I have no idea. I'm thinking about not telling them. But then the little angel on my shoulder says that I should tell them. But she doesn't specify how," Honey sighed. "So, I'm just going to sit them down and tell them. I mean, they've known for years that I've loved Sirius. So this shouldn't come as too big of a surprise."

"And I have to tell my mother and father. They'll be very angry if I don't," Sirius said.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Honey asked.

"Probably better if you don't," Sirius said, kissing her forehead.

"If you're sure," Honey sighed, tousling his hair.

She sat up slowly, adjusting her jumper. She patted the back of her head, feeling that her curls were pulled into a French braid.

"Thank you, baby," Honey smiled, looking over at Sirius as she pulled the end of the plait over her shoulder.

"My pleasure, darling," Sirius said.

"Okay, how long have the two of you been married? Seventy years?" James asked, his eyes flicking between the two.

"Nope. Nice try," Honey said.

Sirius put his head in her lap, falling asleep after five minutes. She ran her fingers through his hair, untangling the small knots. A smile was painted on his face as he snored quietly.

"That's sweet," Lily whispered.

"You say that as if I don't put you to sleep every night doing the same thing," James retorted.

"Fine, you got me on that one," Lily sighed.

James smiled triumphantly. "I know, love."

Honey laughed quietly, braiding and unbraiding Sirius's hair. She hummed softly to herself, looking out the window as Lily and James chatted contentedly.

"Hello, children!" The Trolly Lady said, opening their compartment door. "Can I get you anything?"

"A box of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans, please," James said, handing over some gold.

"Six chocolate frogs please," Honey smiled, handing over the exact amount of gold she owed.

"Anything else?" She asked in a raspy voice.

"A pumpkin pasty, please," Lily said politely.

"Thank you," Honey, James and Lily chorused.

"See you on the return trip, dears," The Trolly Witch said, closing the compartment door behind her.

"She's my favourite part of coming and going from Hogwarts," James sighed.

"Not the company?" Lily asked, accusation clear in her voice.

"Well, er, that too," James shifted in his seat.

Honey opened one of the chocolate frogs, wafting the smell under Sirius's nose. His eyes fluttered open, growing wide at the purple box.

"Eat it," Honey pushed the box into his hands. "I bought it for you."

"Thanks, Bee," Sirius said, sitting up.

"I know how much you love them," She smiled, standing to stretch.

Sirius smiled, taking a bite of the frog. He pulled out the card and began to read it.

"Another Helga," He sighed, tossing it on the seat.

"Mind if I have her, mate? She's the only Hogwarts founder I don't have," James asked.

"Go ahead. I have a dozen of her," Sirius tossed the card at his friend.

"Thanks," James smiled, looking her over.

In the meantime, Honey had begun to play with her necklace. She only did that when she was nervous.

"Bee, sit with me?" Sirius asked, moving the boxes aside.

"Of course," She said shakily.

He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, tickling her jaw with the end of her braid. She smiled and swatted his hand away. Even just being around him calmed her. Made her feel better.

"Hand," Sirius demanded, holding his own out.

She placed her left palm on his. He compared their hand sizes, making the difference profound. Her fingers hardly reached the second knuckle on his.

"See? Your name suits you. You're tiny, just like an actual bee," Sirius joked, entwining his fingers through hers.

"Star, babe, shh. We both know I can take you down quite easily. And I don't think you want that in the middle of the train," Honey murmured, kissing his cheek.

"I surrender," Sirius smiled, brushing the small hairs in her face away.

"Good, cause nobody wants to see her throw you in the middle of a moving train," James smiled cheekily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey!" Cole shouted, leaping at her legs.

his blonde curls had grown so that they were down to his eyes. Honey moved the curly hair back, looking deep into the eyes that matched hers. Grey, but ever-changing in their surroundings and light.

"Hey, Cole Bean!" Honey smiled, stooping to pick him up.

"How was school? Did anything exciting happen?" Cole asked, looking around at James, Lily and Sirius, all of whom blushed.

"I'm sure they'll tell us later," Euphemia said, hugging each teenager in turn. "Why don't we get them home?"

Cole grinned, sliding out of Honey's arms. She watched as he shot towards the exit, his super-hero cape flowing behind him.

"I see he has a new obsession," Honey remarked, hiding her left hand under the handle of her trunk discreetly as they followed him.

"We let him watch some muggle super-hero movies, and he seems to really like Iron Man, Spider-Man, Captain America and Super Man. He begged us for the cape," Euphemia agreed, helping Lily with her trunk.

"Need any help?" Fleamont asked as they neared the muggle car.

"No, thank you," Honey smiled, putting her trunk in the boot.

"Hello, dad!" James said, hugging the greying man.

"Hello, James. School was good? Head Boy duties aren't too difficult?" Fleamont asked his son, putting Lily's trunk in the magically enlarged boot.

Cole snickered. "Duties!"

Honey rolled her eyes, catching the boy mid-jump. She held him on her hip, waiting for the others to finish with their things before helping him into the car.

"Why is your hand so sharp?" Cole asked, pulling at her left hand under his legs.

Honey clapped a hand over his mouth, smiling innocently at Euphemia and Fleamont who gave her questioning looks. She stood in front of the car, pulling Sirius along behind her.

"Cole, I'm going to need you to promise not to say anything. Okay?" Honey whispered, watching carefully to make sure Euphemia and Fleamont were still preoccupied with Lily and James.

"I swear on Dinosaurs life," Cole agreed, sticking out his little finger.

Honey shook his pinky finger in hers, sealing the deal.

"Alright. Do you know how Sirius and I love each other so much? Well, we promised to love each other forever with a ring. Now, he asked me to marry him a week ago, so I said yes," Honey explained calmly and quietly. "But you can't tell anyone. Okay? I'll give you some candy if you don't tell."

Cole's eyes lit up. "No tell, give me candy!"

"Not yet," Honey laughed, holding Sirius's hand for support.

"When are you telling them?" Cole asked, reaching for Sirius.

"Tonight over dinner," Sirius smiled, taking the little boy from Honey.

"Good. So I get my candy after dinner?" Cole said, looking back at his sister.

"If you don't say anything, yes," Honey agreed, walking back to where James was standing.

James's face was maroon, from the base of his neck all the way to the roots of his hair. Lily was blushing lightly, trying her absolute hardest not to laugh.

"What's going on here? Why does James's face look like a brick wall?" Honey asked.

"Oh, we were just telling Lily about the one time James got his head stuck in the railing," Euphemia laughed.

"Which time?" Honey asked, suddenly intrigued.

"The first time you were at our house with him there," Euphemia said with a short laugh.

"That was pretty funny," Honey agreed.

"Was not!" James defended.

"Was too, you little twat," Honey said.

"Was not!" James cried.

"You bet your ass it was!" Honey said, concealing a laugh with difficulty.

"It really wasn't!" James whined.

"It was!" She said.

"Was not," He pouted.

"Too," Honey said.

"Not," James disagreed.

"Too," Honey said, opening the back door of the car.

"Not, or I'll tell mum that you're engaged," James whispered.

"You wouldn't," Honey froze.

"Oh, but I would," James snickered.

"No, because then you would also be going behind Sirius's back. And we all know how much you would hate that," Honey disagreed.

"Is it just me, or did the temperature drop? It's cold in here," Lily joked, getting in the magically enlarged car.

The backseat was the size of a sofa, fitting the four of them, plus Cole, rather easily. Honey was wedged between Lily and James, preparing for the most awkward car ride of her life. Thankfully, Euphemia turned on the muggle radio, tuning into a frequency that played some nice music.

Honey, who was in the middle seat, was constantly being reached over and called across. So, she found that if she drowned out the world, everything would be fine. She hadn't realized that her fingers were playing the piano along with the song, and she suddenly knew every word.

"My feet are aching
And your back is pretty tired
And we've drunk a couple bottles, babe
And set our grief aside
The papers say it's doomsday
The button has been pressed
We're gonna nuke each other up boys
'Til old Satan stands impressed
And here it is, our final night alive
And as the earth runs to the ground
Oh girl, it's you that I lie with
As the atom bomb locks in
Oh, it's you I watch TV with
As the world, as the world caves in
You put your final suit on
I paint my fingernails
Oh, we're going out in style, babe
And everything's on sale
We creep up on extinction
I pull your arms right in
I weep and say goodnight, love
While my organs pack it in
And here it is, our final night alive
And as the earth runs to the ground
Oh girl, it's you that I lie with
As the atom bomb locks in
Oh, it's you I watch TV with
As the world, as the world caves
Oh, it's you that I lie with
As the atom bomb locks in
Yes it's you I welcome death with
As the world, as the world caves in
As the world caves in," She sang quietly.

It wasn't until after she finished singing that she realized the car was silent. No one was speaking, and only the outro music for the song was playing.

"Hi?" Honey said sheepishly.

"You've gotten better over the years," Euphemia remarked.

"Thanks," Honey blushed.

"You should hear her in a room with good acoustics," Sirius said from her left.

"We have a few of those," Fleamont said.

"Interesting," Lily smiled, nudging Honey in the ribs.

"We've also had to sound-proof her room so that she can play well into the night when she wants," Euphemia agreed.

"And because she was bothering me at three in the morning," James said, earning a jab in the kidney from Honey.

"Hey, it's not like I was the one with snoring problems. That's what kept me awake and made me play at three in the morning, dumbass," Honey snorted.

"Honey," Euphemia said.

"Sorry, but I'm telling the truth!" Honey said.

"Honey," Fleamont said.

"You guys told me never to lie!" Honey defended.

"Fine, you got us there," Euphemia sighed. "But we want you to tell the nice truth."

"I try," Honey said, looking out the window.

The small house they lived in came into view on the right and Honey smiled. She saw a few cats wandering around in the front garden, some decorations littering the lawn. The lawn was covered in a thin layer of snow.

"Welcome home, and welcome back, Lily," Euphemia exclaimed, stepping out of the car.

Honey pushed her way out of the car, heaving in deep breaths. She had begun feeling claustrophobic, so the wide-open space was comforting. Her head felt like it was being pressed between two rocks, but the pressure began to lift in the cool air.

"Are you alright, kiddo?" Fleamont asked.

"Fine, just fine," Honey sighed, beginning to calm down.

"Alright. Wanna help me with the bags?" The man replied, walking to the boot.

Honey leapt to the back, pulling her wand out to make the trunks float up to the house. She managed to float three of them, carrying the other in her left hand.

"Whoa there, be careful, Pup," James said, ducking as a trunk flew past his head.

"Next time," Honey trilled, putting the bags in their respective rooms.

But, on her way through the hall, she nearly knocked Lily flat on her back. She vehemently apologized, putting the trunks down.

"I'm okay, Honey!" Lily laughed.

"Sorry," Honey said.

"Okay. Come on, let's get our things put away," Lily said, looping her arm through Honey's.

Honey rolled her eyes. "Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honey clipped her bracelet onto her wrist, pulling loose hairs from her black blazer. She turned to Lily, looking anxious.

"Do I look okay?" Honey asked, touching the ends of her hair.

"You like amazing, okay? Now, can we go to dinner?" Lily asked, clutching her grumbling stomach.

Honey laughed anxiously. "Yeah."

She tucked her silver necklace into her shirt. The metal was cool against her chest, a comforting weight. Lily opened the door, revealing Sirius with his hand raised to knock on the door.

"Hullo, Star. Is everything alright?" Honey said, hugging him.

"Perfectly fine. Dinner's ready, so I was sent to come and get you," Sirius said, kissing the top of her head. "You look amazing, by the way."

Honey took a step back, noticing that his buttons were lopsided, his earring starting to fall out of his ear.

"Can I fix this for you?" She asked with a laugh.

"What? Oh! I didn't realize that it was weird. James didn't say anything," Sirius frowned.

She rebuttoned his shirt and put a back in his earring. His hair was a mess, so she picked up one of her combs and tried to fix it. However, it seemed to take after James's hair, becoming stubborn and it refused to flatten.

"Alright, let's go," Honey sighed, leading the way out of the room.

"Do we have to tell them?" Sirius asked, following behind Lily.

Honey halted. "Yes. They're my parents as much as they are yours. Do you understand me? Also, you know they're supportive."

"I'm really dreading this," Sirius groaned.

"I know. If it makes you feel any better, I'll tell them and all you have to do is sit there and look pretty," Honey said, taking his hand, leading him to the dining room.

"As if I could do anything but," Sirius smirked.

"Quit feeding his ego!" Lily snapped. "Move a bit faster! I'm hungry!"

"Okay," Sirius huffed.

Honey laughed, pulling him along by the hand. Euphemia and Fleamont looked up from setting the table. Both pulled similarly surprised expressions at how fancy everyone was dressed.

"Mimi, Monty, why do you look so shocked? I mean, I didn't spend all that time in the closet for nothing," Honey said, taking her usual seat at the table.

Fleamont laughed so hard, tears formed in his eyes.

"Oh, Honey, dear, he hasn't laughed like that in years!" Euphemia chuckled. "And we know that you don't always dress that nice."

"It's our first dinner back! Do you think that I wouldn't dress so nicely?" Honey cried, clutching Sirius's hand tightly.

Euphemia gave her adoptive daughter a look. "Knowing you dear, you would dress up for any occasion."

"Obviously," Honey snorted.

Lily cleared her throat, kicking Honey's shin under the table.

"Dinner looks lovely. Where's Jam?" Honey smiled politely.

"He's using the toilet," Fleamont said.

"Not any longer, father!" James proclaimed, dramatically arriving.

He was dressed in a suit and tie, even fancier than the rest combined. He was wearing the coat and tails he bought for a ball that they had one year, a top hat and his blue-grey tie matched the hatband perfectly.

"What in Merlin's name is going on here?!" Euphemia exclaimed, taking in her son's appearance.

"Ooh! Food!" James sat down, putting some chicken on his plate.

"Please, dig in," Euphemia rolled her eyes, putting some greens on her plate.

Honey chuckled. "Thanks for dinner, Mimi and Monty."

"What were we going to do? Starve you, children?" Fleamont joked.

"We aren't children, Monty," Honey said.

Honey felt a warm hand on her thigh, knowing immediately that it was Sirius. She put her hand on top, smiling slightly.

"Mate, are you going to eat or continue goggling at Honey?" James asked, a mouthful of chicken.

Sirius chuckled. He pulled a platter of green beans towards him with his free hand. Happily, Honey ate her food, momentarily forgetting all of her stress. But, as they finished their food, it all came rushing back.

"Honey, you look nervous, dear, is everything alright?" Euphemia asked, looking at her daughter. "Actually, you all look nervous. What's going on here?"

Honey and Sirius shared a look.

"Well, we have something to tell you, actually. And I don't know how you'll feel about it," Honey shifted in her seat.

"Spit it out, asshole," James cried.

"Shut it, shit head," Honey said, glaring at him.

"Language, you two!" Euphemia scolded.

"Nini!" Cole called from his bedroom.

Honey paused, looking over at Sirius.

"I won't say a word until you get back. Promise, love," Sirius said, smiling at her reassuringly.

Honey smiled, excusing herself to check on her baby brother. When she entered his room, he had a shirt stuck over his head. She chuckled, pulling his arms through the armholes and his head through the collar.

"I've been stuck in here forever!" Cole said dramatically.

He spent way too much time with James and Sirius.

"It's been ten minutes!" Honey smiled, tying his shoes.

"Nope. It was forever," Cole disagreed.

Way too much time with James and Sirius.

"Come on, little man," Honey smirked, pulling him by the hand to the dining room.

"What were you about to tell us, dear?" Euphemia asked as Honey settled herself again.

"Well," Honey rested her hands on either side of her plate, displaying her new ring perfectly. "Sirius asked me to marry him last week, and I said yes."

Both Honey and Sirius were smiling sheepishly, waiting for a response. Sirius set his hand protectively over Honey's right hand.

"I-I'm sorry, what?" Euphemia asked, slightly out of it.

"She said yes," Sirius said as Honey held up her left hand.

"Congratulations, son!" Fleamont patted Sirius on the back.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?!" Euphemia cried, walking around the table to hug them.

Honey was crying happily again, hugging her mother figure. The two women pulled Lily into their hug, all three of them crying.

"We're going to be here a while," James sighed. "Anyone for some cookies?"

Sirius dashed to the kitchen, only to return with a ceramic jar clutched to his chest. He set the lid down carefully on the table, pulling out a soft cookie. He kicked his combat-boot-clad feet onto the bench next to him.

"So... did you lot have fun at your last quidditch match?" Fleamont asked, taking a cookie for himself.

"Well, considering that's when and where Sirius proposed, yeah," James grinned. "Also, we won the match."

"You proposed to her at a quidditch match? Her favourite place and sport?" Fleamont chuckled, impressed. "Now, that's some dedication."

"Yeah, but I also proposed in front of the entire school," Sirius scratched the back of his neck.

"Even better," Fleamont smiled.

"How did you propose to Mimi?" Honey asked, wiping her glowing face.

"Well, I took her for a walk on September fourth, nineteen years ago," Fleamont began. "She was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as she is now. And we were walking down a forest lane, leaves falling, the sun setting. And I got down on one knee I'm front of our picnic. I asked her right then and there if she wanted to marry me. She said no."

Euphemia chuckled. "You're forgetting something."

"Of course," Fleamont pulled her chair closer to his. "Well, about a year later, she asked me to marry her. We were sitting under the stars on September fourth, and she dropped down on one knee. I said yes when she pulled out a ring, pulling out one of my own. And, that was that. We had little James nearly ten months later."

Honey sighed. "That's so sweet."

"He waited so long after the first time, and I wasn't sure if he knew I was ready by June," Euphemia smiled, putting a hand on Fleamont's shoulder. "So, I proposed instead. I knew I loved him a lot, but we were young the first time."

"That's a sweet story, mum," James said, playing with Lily's hair.

"Mimi?" Cole asked. "Can I have a cookie please?"

Euphemia picked a large cookie out of the jar, putting it on the table next to his plate.

"Thank you!" Cole said, taking a big bite.

Honey smiled, leaning into Sirius. She watched as Cole dropped crumbs all over his shirt and face.

"Are you alright?" Sirius whispered.

"I'm fine. Just... thinking," Honey replied, kissing his cheek.

She walked away to help with the dishes and cleaning up. As she worked, she thought about something that Sebastian had said. What were they going to do about children? Did she want them? Did he want them? How many if they both did?

Honey put her head in her hands on the counter. It was a little bit too much to think about.

"What's up?" Sirius asked, taking the final plate to dry.

"We should talk. About children. And our future. Where will we live? I mean, I have a house in Grimmauld Place if we want to live there. Or, we could sell it and buy a new house closer to here-" Honey was cut off by a kiss from Sirius.

"Calm down," Sirius murmured. "We can talk in a minute. I'll finish up in here, you should go change. That cannot be comfortable for this long."

Honey smiled appreciatively. "Okay. Meet me in the back step in a half hour. I'm gonna change and shower."

"Okay," Sirius kissed her temple, drying the last plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius sat on the back step with Lily, chatting as they waited for Honey to finish changing.

"And that's my cue to leave," Lily said, watching as Honey gracefully descended the stairs. "See you later, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

"How can I?" Honey joked. "You're taking all the stupid with you."

"Shut up, dummy," Lily laughed, closing the door behind her.

Honey shook her head with a grin. The girl was crazy for thinking Honey was the stupid one of the two.

"Okay. Where do we start?" Sirius asked.

"Children is the first topic," Honey said, leaning onto him.

"Okay. Well, I like them," Sirius said with a smile, wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "I've always wanted one or two."

"I love children! They're adorable. The little fingers, toes and faces. What's not to live about them?" Honey sighed. "I've always wanted them too. But I've always wanted four."

Sirius looked at her, slightly shocked. "How about we settle on three? Four is a bit much. Even if they are spaced out in years. And would your body be able to handle it? I'm more worried for your health than anything if we do end up having children."

"That's sweet," Honey smiled, kissing his jaw. "I guess we'll know in a few years."

"I guess we will," Sirius breathed in the scent of her shampoo.

She seemed to have changed it again. Last time it was coconut, now it was cinnamon.

"Okay, next; where are we going to live?" Honey asked, placing a hand on the small of Sirius's back.

"Good question. If you want to live in Grimmauld Place, we can. Or, we can buy a house that will be just ours," Sirius offered.

"I don't think I want to go back to Grimmauld Place. It has too many bad memories. But, it's also where we met. And what's a better memory than that?" Honey said. "Plus, your parents still live on Grimmauld Place, so it's really your decision."

"I definitely don't want to go back. I don't think I could manage to be so close to my parents again," Sirius shuddered. "But, I also can't ask you to sell your house."

"I think I'll rent it out or give it to Sebbie," Honey smiled. "He has more use for it than I do."

"Okay, so we'll look for a house," Sirius said, looking at her happily. "Anything else?"

"Uhm... wedding date?" Honey asked.

"This summer?" Sirius replied.

"June?" Honey replied.

"Perfect. Day?" Sirius smiled.

"Friday the thirteenth," Honey said.

"Great!" Sirius chuckled.

"That's what I thought," Honey yawned, looking up at the stars.

"They're beautiful," Sirius sighed.

Honey looked over at him. His deep grey eyes twinkled with the silver light of the stars. They made their way onto the grass, pulling the muggle radio out of the bench. Honey tuned it so that there was no static.

"May I have this dance, Honey?" Sirius asked, extending a long arm towards her.

"Of course, Sirius," Honey giggled, putting her arms around his neck.

The song that played was one of the firsts the engaged couple had danced to together. Honey turned to face her fiancé, smiling.

"You remember this song?" Honey whispered, calming at the feeling of his arms snaking around her waist.

"How could I forget?" He said before humming along to the tune.

"Kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time
Haven't felt like this, my dear
Since I can't remember when
It's been a long, long time
You'll never know how many dreams
I've dreamed about you
Or just how empty they all seemed without you
So kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time
Ah, kiss me once, then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long time
Haven't felt like this my dear
Since I can't remember when
It's been a long, long time
You'll never know how many dreams
I dreamed about you
Or just how empty they all seemed without you
So kiss me once then kiss me twice
Then kiss me once again
It's been a long, long time
Long, long time," The radio sang as Honey and Sirius danced together.

By the end of the song, Honey had laid her ear over Sirius's heart, listening to the rhythmic beating. It was comforting to know that she was the only girl in the world who was able to say she could hear that whenever she wanted.

"Bee?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, Star?" Honey replied.

"I'm the luckiest bloke on earth to call you my fiancée," Sirius whispered, stroking her long hair.

"I'm the luckiest woman on earth to say that I'll be marrying my childhood best friend," Honey murmured back, listening as the guitar strings on the radio picked up.

"Are you tired?" Sirius asked quietly.

"No. I'm happy," Honey said in the same tone.

"Ma dimmi le tue verità
Coraline, Coraline, dimmi le tue verità
Coraline Coraline
Coraline bella come il sole
Guerriera dal cuore zelante
Capelli come rose rosse
Preziosi quei fili di rame amore portali da me
Se senti campane cantare
Vedrai Coraline che piange
Che prende il dolore degli altri
E poi lo porta dentro lei
Coraline, Coraline, dimmi le tue verità
Coraline, Coraline
Però lei sa la verità
Non è per tutti andare avanti
Con il cuore che è diviso in due metà
È freddo già
È una bambina però sente
Come un peso e prima o poi si spezzerà
La gente dirà: "Non vale niente"
Non riesce neanche a uscire da una misera porta
Ma un giorno, una volta lei ci riuscirà
E ho detto a Coraline che può crescere
Prendere le sue cose e poi partire
Ma sente un mostro che la tiene in gabbia
Che le ricopre la strada di mine
E ho detto a Coraline che può crescere
Prendere le sue cose e poi partire
Ma Coraline non vuole mangiare no
Sì Coraline vorrebbe sparire
E Coraline piange
Coraline ha l'ansia
Coraline vuole il mare ma ha paura dell'acqua
E forse il mare è dentro di lei
E ogni parola è un'ascia
Un taglio sulla schiena
Come una zattera che naviga
In un fiume in piena
E forse il fiume è dentro di lei, di lei
Sarò il fuoco ed il freddo
Riparo d'inverno
Sarò ciò che respiri
Capirò cosa hai dentro
E sarò l'acqua da bere
Il significato del bene
Sarò anche un soldato
O la luce di sera
E in cambio non chiedo niente
Soltanto un sorriso
Ogni tua piccola lacrima è oceano sopra al mio viso
E in cambio non chiedo niente
Solo un po' di tempo
Sarò vessillo, scudo
O la tua spada d'argento e
E Coraline piange
Coraline ha l'ansia
Coraline vuole il mare
Ma ha paura dell'acqua
E forse il mare è dentro di lei
E ogni parola è un'ascia
Un taglio sulla schiena
Come una zattera che naviga
In un fiume in piena
E forse il fiume è dentro di lei, di lei
E dimmi le tue verità
Coraline, Coraline, dimmi le tue verità
Coraline, Coraline
Coraline, bella come il sole
Ha perso il frutto del suo ventre
Non ha conosciuto l'amore
Ma un padre che di padre è niente
Le han detto in città c'è un castello
Con mura talmente potenti
Che se ci vai a vivere dentro
Non potrà colpirti più niente
Non potrà colpirti più niente," The Italian song came over the frequency.

"What did that mean?" Sirius asked, knowing that Honey understood it.

"Want me to sing it to you, or just tell you?" She asked, turning off the radio, storing it back in its original spot.

"Sing, please! Your voice is amazing," Sirius said, dancing from foot to foot with her in his arms.

"Tell me your truths
Coraline, Coraline, tell me your truths
Coraline, Coraline
Coraline as beautiful as the sun
Warrior with a zealous heart
Hair like red roses
Those precious copper-like wires, my love, take them to me
If you hear the bells sing you'll see Coraline crying
She takes in the others' pain and then carries it within her
Coraline, Coraline, tell me your truths
Coraline, Coraline
But she knows the truth
Not everyone can go on with their heart split in two
It's already cold
She's just a child but she feels like a burden and sooner or later she'll break
People will say: "she's worth nothing
She can't even get out a miserable door"
But one day, at least once, she'll manage
And I told Coraline that she can grow up
Fetch her things and then leave
But she detects a monster that keeps her in a cage, that covers her way with explosive mines
And I told Coraline that she can grow up
Fetch her things and then leave
But Coraline doesn't want to eat, no... yes, Coraline would like to disappear.
And Coraline cries
Coraline is anxious
Coraline wants the sea but she's afraid of the water
And maybe sea is inside her
And every word is an axe, a wound on the back
Like a raft sailing on a swollen river
And maybe the river is inside her, inside her
I'll be fire, I'll be coldness
A repair during the winter
Whatever you breath
I'll understand what's inside you
I'll be drinking water
The meaning of goodness
I'll also be a soldier
Or a light in the evening
And I don't ask for anything in return
Just a smile
Every little tear of yours is an ocean on my face
And I don't ask for anything in return
Just some time
I'll be a banner, a shield, or your silver sword, and...
And Coraline cries
Coraline is anxious
Coraline wants the sea but she's afraid of the water
And maybe sea is inside her
And every word is an axe, a wound on the back
Like a raft sailing on a swollen river
And maybe the river is inside her, inside her
And tell me your truths
Coraline, Coraline, tell me your truths
Coraline, Coraline
Coraline, as beautiful as the sun
She lost the fruit of her womb
She never knew love
But a father that isn't father-like at all
Told her: "in the city, there's a castle with walls so strong that if you go live inside it nothing will
ever hurt you again
Nothing will ever hurt you again"" She sang, effortlessly translating Italian to English.

"It's a beautiful song," Sirius said.

"Yeah," Honey yawned widely.

"Come on, let's get you to bed, darling," Sirius whispered, taking her hand to lead her inside.

Little did they know, Euphemia had been watching them with Fleamont from their bedroom window. Euphemia had done this for years, watching over Honey as she sang in the garden, as she danced, played music, even just playing with Cole.

"She'll be a wonderful mother someday," Euphemia murmured absent-mindedly to her husband.

"She learned from the best," Fleamont smiled, obviously indicating his wife.

"Yeah, from you," Euphemia giggled.

"Hey!" Fleamont kissed her cheek. "If anything I'm her inspiration for strength."

"As if that isn't me," Euphemia snorted, laying down in her bed.

"It really isn't," Fleamont teased.

"Shut up, Monty," Euphemia slapped his arm gently, drifting off to sleep quickly.

(As The World Caves In by Matt Maltese) (It's Been A Long, Long Time by Kitty Kallen) (Coraline by Maneskin (English and Italian versions))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 905 13
bittersweet - (adj.) something being bitter and sweet simultaneously Small, timid Remus Lupin has never so much as thought of someone with malice. He...
138 10 15
Saphira Lilith Aleksander, the perfect daughter any pureblood could ask for. The daughter Conor and Everleah Aleksander are proud of. Manipulation a...
73.8K 3.5K 15
Archer Reyes loves Sirius Black. It's too bad his love is unrequited... or so he thinks! © wishfuithinking 2019-2024 sirius blac...
35.4K 1.3K 15
who needs affection when you have blind hatred? BASED ON 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU {sirius black x fem!oc} {marauders era}