Part 29: I'll Miss You

"D'you really have to go for Easter break?" Sirius whined, putting his arms just below Honey's hips.

"Babe, you know I want to see Cole grow up," Honey said, adjusting her legs around his waist. "Plus, Euphemia invited us back."

"But that doesn't mean you have to go," He complained.

"Star, baby, you know I love you, but I do want to go see my brother and Mr. and Mrs. Potter, okay? I'm sorry," Honey said, kissing the tip of his nose.

The bench they were sitting on was in the middle of one of the green spaces found in Hogwarts. Honey had her legs wrapped around his waist as he sat with his arms laced underneath her butt. They were staring into each other's eyes with love, but also sadness.

"Just promise me something?" Sirius asked of her.

"That completely depends on what you're about to say next," Honey said, blinking up at him.

"Don't send any letters unless something really amazing happens. Then we can talk for a long time when you get back and nobody'll judge us," Sirius said sincerely, gazing into her eyes.

"They already don't" She pointed out.

"Can we promise that? I'll come to pick you up at Hogsmeade station," Sirius offered.

"I promise," She nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Honey stood in front of the train station with all of her friends. She and James were holding bags for their week's stay in Godrics Hollow. Honey was silently leaning on Sirius's chest, holding his hand.

"See you next week. I'll miss you," Honey murmured.

"I'm going to miss you more, Bee," Sirius replied quietly.

"At least you don't have to stay with James," Honey joked lamely.

"You're adorable," Sirius chuckled.

It sounded like rumbling thunder under Honey's ear. She felt the tension in her chest ease slightly.

"Pup, the rest of us need hugs too!" Remus complained.

She giggled and kissed Sirius's jaw as she walked on to Remus. She only came up to his shoulder as he was doing a lot of growing. She grinned but felt tears spring up in her eyes.

"I'll miss you, Pup," Remus muttered to her as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head in a brotherly fashion.

And that's when the flood gates burst. She broke down in tears, terrifying everyone but Sirius and Lily. The two rushed to her, pulling her into their warm embraces.

"Stop crying, it's only a week," Lily murmured to Honey.

"I know, but... Nothing ever stays the same in a week!" Honey said through her tears. "I don't want to go, but I do want to go. I'm so conflicted!"

Sirius gestured for Lily to step away, holding Honey in his arms protectively. She shook slightly as they stood there together. She sobbed, taking in hitched breaths.

"It's okay," Sirius whispered. "It's all okay."

"No, it's not," She sobbed.

"What're you talking about?" Lily asked, overhearing the short conversation.

"You remember that night I came back at 4 in the morning?" Honey said, her face red and splotchy, tears streaming down her face.

"Yeah?" Marlene said, sitting down on a bench near them.

"It wasn't my fault," Honey said.

"Whose fault was it?" James asked, sitting down next to Marlene.

"Preston Fawley," Honey said in a quiet voice.